Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Frank bird fired in Orlando

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

Frank Bird

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/ChristianCrosby/status/984252190163431425

JoJo confirmed back for Saturday

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Frank Bird is now Free Bird

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
I'm on the 76ers bandwagon until they meet the Wolves in the Finals (lol)

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Edit: my bad

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Ol Horny made really weird and probably bad decisions with rotations all year. The hell was he thinking after Kristaps went down? Better give Jarret Jack a buncha minutes while pulling the Frank after any mistake, despite being a super young rookie who needs room to grow and learn.

He also keeps spouting weird stuff about mid range jumpers being a lost art and citing nonsense math.

Anyone else coaching the Knicks would have had plan A after Kristaps is out be “develop the young guys and tank”. Hornacek never had a plan.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Hornacek was a Phil Jackson mistake anyway

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Papercut posted:

I hope both teams play their best and the refs are perfect whichever team wins makes it to the Finals.

:glomp:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I've suffered a lot as a Knicks fan, but if we hire Mark Jackson I think I'm done.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

zelah posted:

Ol Horny made really weird and probably bad decisions with rotations all year. The hell was he thinking after Kristaps went down? Better give Jarret Jack a buncha minutes while pulling the Frank after any mistake, despite being a super young rookie who needs room to grow and learn.

He also keeps spouting weird stuff about mid range jumpers being a lost art and citing nonsense math.

Anyone else coaching the Knicks would have had plan A after Kristaps is out be “develop the young guys and tank”. Hornacek never had a plan.

Also he's a dick to his players

Mountain Dew Code Bread
Mar 20, 2008

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/984411125029785600

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Mark Jackson has been destined to be a Knicks coach from the moment he got fired they might as well get it over with when they're gonna be bad anyway

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Dwane Casey having a serious chance at winning coach of the year is really not sitting well with me

This timeline doesn't make sense

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

euphronius posted:

Who is the dumb espn taking head at the end ?

Ryan Russillo, friend of Bill Simmons. Two or three times a year I'll get excited that Simmons is actually talking about the NBA for an entire podcast, and then it'll be this guy. He is inane.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Rusillo is extremely Sports Radio but he would be fine if he wasn't so insecure and didn't feel the need to loudly insist that he knew what he was talking about every like four minutes

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

MourningView posted:

Mark Jackson has been destined to be a Knicks coach from the moment he got fired they might as well get it over with when they're gonna be bad anyway

I think they're definitely going to trade their pick and chase 39 wins mostly because that would piss off fans most

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Hand Knit posted:

Anyway, someone start the post season N/V threads and I will put this one out to pasture this evening.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3854175

Someone should do a Gone' Fishin' thread too

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

RCarr posted:

I've suffered a lot as a Knicks fan, but if we hire Mark Jackson I think I'm done.

My heart left during the first Bargnani year and my head caught up a few years later (sometime during the Phil/Melodrama), and now I root against them with Joker-esque malice. Hiring Mark Jackson would be the equivalent of blowing up a hospital while I walk away gleefully

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lmao the knew knyork knickerbockers are poo poo

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012
Assuming I know how the playoff brackets work, it looks like Toronto will have to face Cleveland in the 2nd round right? That kinda sucks. I guess if Cleveland is finally done dominating the East playoffs and the Raptors are for real and win, they'd only have to face the winner of BOS v MIA in the Conference Finals, they'd have a great chance against those teams.

euphronius posted:

Who is the dumb espn taking head at the end ?

Well, getting a BJ under the desk while he's talking would explain alot of broadcasters stupid opinions.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

The B_36 posted:

... the winner of BOS v MIA in the Conference Finals ...

Here comes the storm of pissy Sixers fans. Look what you've done

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

The B_36 posted:

they'd only have to face the winner of BOS v MIA in the Conference Finals

You’re that sure that Boston and Miami will get out of the first round?

Not that it’s not possible - I’d rate both of those series at 55/45 for the higher seeds (Celtics and Philly)

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

Here comes the storm of pissy Sixers fans. Look what you've done

Thought I'd get a dig in there just before the thread closes

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixYS/status/984441470332620800?s=19

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

euphronius posted:

Ah, that'll turn the franchise around

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I've been stumping for Nick Nurse since he was a d-league coach, I hope he finally gets a shot. He's been really successful everywhere he's been, so hopefully the Raptors breaking out this year gets teams to seriously look at him as a head coach.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Coach Stack please

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

MourningView posted:

I've been stumping for Nick Nurse since he was a d-league coach, I hope he finally gets a shot. He's been really successful everywhere he's been, so hopefully the Raptors breaking out this year gets teams to seriously look at him as a head coach.

Alternatively, if its his first head coaching gig it should not be with a terribad Orlando squad with 0 hope.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Paul Zuvella posted:

Alternatively, if its his first head coaching gig it should not be with a terribad Orlando squad with 0 hope.

Magic probably aren't that bad of a squad to cut his teeth on, they have decent veterans like Fournier, Vuc and Simmons; players with room to grow like Gordon, Issac, and a top-five pick; a bunch of cap space; and nowhere to go but up after a year of aggressive tanking

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Somebody close this obsolete thread! It's yoff time! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3854175

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Also he's a dick to his players

This is like a line from The Naked Gun tribute :rip: to Nordberg or something.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

morestuff posted:

Magic probably aren't that bad of a squad to cut his teeth on, they have decent veterans like Fournier, Vuc and Simmons; players with room to grow like Gordon, Issac, and a top-five pick; a bunch of cap space; and nowhere to go but up after a year of aggressive tanking

The Magic are capped out unless they let Gordon walk.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

The Magic are capped out unless they let Gordon walk.

Ah yeah, forgot about that.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Andre Drummond sees Westbrook's 16 boards last night and raises him 16 RPG for the year. First player since Rodman to reach that.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I don’t think there’s any chance Kawhi plays this year. Curry prob comes back after the second round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/vgoodwill/status/984464689806696448

:thunk:

https://twitter.com/Schumouse/status/984464687310893056

:suicide:

• Locked thread