Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
Think he would fit inside Daniel Bryan's cryotherapy chamber? Cause I hear it works miracles. I say squeeze that big sonofa bitch in there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kitamura :smith:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So, who can tell me about Kitamura? I fell off of NJPW World after probably the first full year it was around, and it seems like this guy is super new? How did he fall apart so quickly?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

head injuries gently caress you up

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Concussions are serious business

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Duuuuuuude.

He was gonna be a loving IWGP Heavyweight Champion some day. :(

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Your swoleness was too beautiful for this harsh cruel world

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

drat, I was looking forward to swole vampire on the main roster.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So the end of BTE probably isn't the blowoff for Kenny/Cody/The Bucks, right?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So the end of BTE probably isn't the blowoff for Kenny/Cody/The Bucks, right?

If you want my fantasy booking, Kenny beats Page at Dontaku, Cody beats Ibushi, Kenny beats Cody at Dominion, challenges winner of Okada/Tanahashi By Which I Mean Omega Challenges Tanahashi at Cow Palace

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

So, who can tell me about Kitamura? I fell off of NJPW World after probably the first full year it was around, and it seems like this guy is super new? How did he fall apart so quickly?

He's also 32, a former amateur wrestler, and I think did mma for a tiny bit. He might have a history of concussions we don't know about. They can also just gently caress you up.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

He's also 32, a former amateur wrestler, and I think did mma for a tiny bit. He might have a history of concussions we don't know about. They can also just gently caress you up.

He's obviously an extreme example but Mick Foley has said that his Post Concussion Syndrome is such that he will sometimes randomly feel the same way you do when you go underwater.

I have great affection for Mick, but sometimes I sorta wish he'd become an accountant or something.

VJeff posted:

If you want my fantasy booking, Kenny beats Page at Dontaku, Cody beats Ibushi, Kenny beats Cody at Dominion, challenges winner of Okada/Tanahashi By Which I Mean Omega Challenges Tanahashi at Cow Palace

That'd be just fine, especially if Kenny wins in a ladder match like they one they had planned

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Isn't there currently a young lion who's been out with a back injury for like a year, and they've both kept him on roster and sent him to be a trainer at the Fale Dojo? If Kitamura's is bad enough that they're just letting him go instead of waiting it out I'm a little worried.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

I'd post an image but there are rules about breaking tables

Ya know what upsets me?

This is totally a line James Bond would say if he was a goon.

But he isn’t.

So we’ll never hear him say it.

It’s bullshit I tell ya.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Legit devastated by the Kitamura news and am hoping it isn't true. I was gonna show off that Nagata match to some friends next week so there goes that.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Number, a Japanese sports magazine, does a top 100 ranking of all professional wrestlers as voted on by their readers and for those of you who were worried that Naito's popularity might have taken a hit from the Tokyo Dome main event then you had nothing to fear

quote:

1. Tetsuya Naito - New Japan Pro Wrestling (4751 points)
2. Hiroshi Tanahashi - New Japan Pro Wrestling (2519 points)
3. Shinsuke Nakamura - WWE (2362 points)
4. Kazuchika Okada - New Japan Pro Wrestling (2338 points)
5. Kenny Omega - New Japan Pro Wrestling (2212 points)
6. Kota Ibushi - Ibushi Pro Wrestling Research Institute (1636 points)
7. Hiromu Takahashi - New Japan Pro Wrestling (1503 points)
8. Minoru Suzuki - Freelancer (1366 points)
9. SANADA - New Japan Pro Wrestling (793 points)
10. Naomichi Marufuji - Pro Wrestling NOAH (607 points)

you get three votes, 1st gets 3 points, 2nd gets 2, 3rd gets 1. If you really want to vote in this poll there's a link to it on New Japan's website (which might be why NJPW are even more dominant this year than usual)

And yes, Ibushi is listed as wrestling for the Ibushi Pro Wrestling Research Insitute on the poll

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Kitamura :(

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nothing official from Kitamura but he might have subtweeted his frustrations.

https://twitter.com/kitamurabanban/status/984264944790077440

NJPW doing everything in their power to avoid mentioning they might have irreparably maimed one of their trainees is quintessentially japanese.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Geez louise, Tanahashi, I thought you'd put a stop to this "literally kill the rookies" poo poo.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Baron Corbyn posted:

Number, a Japanese sports magazine, does a top 100 ranking of all professional wrestlers as voted on by their readers and for those of you who were worried that Naito's popularity might have taken a hit from the Tokyo Dome main event then you had nothing to fear

you get three votes, 1st gets 3 points, 2nd gets 2, 3rd gets 1. If you really want to vote in this poll there's a link to it on New Japan's website (which might be why NJPW are even more dominant this year than usual)

And yes, Ibushi is listed as wrestling for the Ibushi Pro Wrestling Research Insitute on the poll

i couldn't find the link, can you post it?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

coconono posted:

Nothing official from Kitamura but he might have subtweeted his frustrations.

https://twitter.com/kitamurabanban/status/984264944790077440

NJPW doing everything in their power to avoid mentioning they might have irreparably maimed one of their trainees is quintessentially japanese.

pretty sure thats not his account

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Thauros posted:

i couldn't find the link, can you post it?

http://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/830501

That's the current top ten. Eleven through twenty to be released tomorrow. Final results are July 10th so it can change up a lot.

http://number.bunshun.jp/list/sousenkyo/2018

That's the link to vote and also last year's results. SANADA jumping from 52 to 9 is great and shows his push was successful.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 12, 2018

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

first korakuen of the tour is tomorrow

ROAD TO WRESTLING DONTAKU
April 13th at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Tetsuhiro Yagi vs. Yuya Uemura
Manabu Nakanishi vs. Tomoyuki Oka
Togi Makabe, Ryusuke Taguchi, and Ren Narita vs. Yuji Nagata, Tiger Mask IV, and Shota Umino
Roppongi 3K vs. Suzuki-gun (Takashi Iizuka, Taichi, and TAKA Michinoku)
Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Toa Henare vs. CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano)
L.I.J (EVIL, SANADA, Hiromu, and BUSHI) vs. Suzuki-gun (KES, Kanemaru and Desperado)
Main Force vs. CHAOS Elimination Match:Tana, Juice, Elgin, Finlay, and KUSHIDA vs. Okada, Goto, White, Y-H, and Ospreay

Baron Corbyn posted:

http://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/830501

That's the current top ten. Eleven through twenty to be released tomorrow. Final results are July 10th so it can change up a lot.

http://number.bunshun.jp/list/sousenkyo/2018

That's the link to vote and also last year's results. SANADA jumping from 52 to 9 is great and shows his push was successful.

tks, voted hiromu, suzuki, and naito in order as naito should have it wrapped up

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Voted Sanada and that's it because I couldn't find a spot for my music theatre dork Taichi

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I did a write in vote for Taichi.

Weird that Nakamura, AJ, Kairi and Ricochet are included as options for WWE but Asuka, Hideo and Tozawa aren't.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I saw Hideo on there I think

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The available drop down roster is bizarre. Half a dozen Dragon Gate guys but none of them are Mochizuki.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

to any americans, kayak is doing a special for $550 to fly from lax to japan from july 29 thru aug 15th, conveniently right in the middle and end of G1 season

BoBtheImpaler
Oct 11, 2002
Dinosaur Gum
https://mobile.twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/984502460730441728

Kenny too pure for this world.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

:cry:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Meltzer is backing up the Kitamura being gone story but saying the concussions are a public cover up for another issue.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

They won't spring for a coffin full of his native soil to send with him on excursion

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Obviously Vince caught a glimpse of him

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Baron Corbyn posted:

Meltzer is backing up the Kitamura being gone story but saying the concussions are a public cover up for another issue.

Yeesh. Seems grim to hope it's "just an injury" and not Kitamura being a lovely guy or something, but I guess that's what I'm hoping for :sigh:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

fart blood posted:

Ya know what upsets me?

This is totally a line James Bond would say if he was a goon.

But he isn’t.

So we’ll never hear him say it.

It’s bullshit I tell ya.

Paging PUSSY MASTER 007

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

New Japan has had an excellent year so far but they just blew it and announced Bone Soldier is coming back like it is something people have been dying for.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Maybe the terrible news about Kitamura is that they're forcing him to be BONE SOLDIER

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

April Fools already happened y'all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erlCHfdRLOM

:catstare:

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
If loving Taichi is able to improve himself then I have hope for BONE SOLIDER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Taichi has great new merch
https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/984737019954892800