Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/984324819994009600

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/984325716887199745

The NBA Playoffs Baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Joel will come back for game 3, I think.

Are there sports books that will take that action?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I want to thank the Raptors for playing poorly for the last month. Had they gone into the playoffs on that hot streak I don't think I could've handled their eventual choke job in game 1.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
I am ready for the Rockets/Wolves series to be way more competitive than the regular season games.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Here are my extremely boring predictions:

West:
(1) HOU over (8) MIN, in 4 games
(2) GSW over (7) SAS, in 6 games
(3) POR over (6) NOP, in 7 games
(5) UTA over (4) OKC, in 6 games

East:
(1) TOR over (8) WAS, in 7 games
(2) BOS over (7) MIL, in 5 games
(6) MIA over (3) PHI, in 6 games, probably not but hey I'm going for it
(4) CLE over (5) IND, in 5 games

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/_sonofhercules/status/984045999009169409?s=21

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

b0ng posted:

I am ready for the Rockets/Wolves series to be way more competitive than the regular season games.

My hope springs eternal.

Even Warriors would have probably been, if not competitive, at least an interesting series but Houston is definitely the matchup nightmare on top of being a superior team.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Lockback posted:

My hope springs eternal.

Even Warriors would have probably been, if not competitive, at least an interesting series but Houston is definitely the matchup nightmare on top of being a superior team.

Apparently a timber wolf did something horrible to Ryan Anderson in his past and he takes it out on Minnesota every chance he gets. KAT will probably go bonkers scoring because that’s what the Rockets let him do this season.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

b0ng posted:

lol

Rockets in 3

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Also despite all my "the sky is falling" posts last night I'm still happy to be posting in this thread as a fan of an active team for the next ten days.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

IcePhoenix posted:

Also despite all my "the sky is falling" posts last night I'm still happy to be posting in this thread as a fan of an active team for the next ten days.

14 year streak is broken, I'm satisfied. More ball for the next 10 days is just icing on the cake.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

My king is T'Challa. :colbert:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/markstrot/status/984451277303304192

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Rockets over Wolves in 4
Spurs over Warriors in 6
Portland over Pelicans in 7
Thunder over Jazz in 7

Raptors over Wizards in 5
Bucks over Celtics in 6
76ers over Miami in 6
Cavs over Pacers in 4

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Okc in 5

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Rockets over Wolves in 4
Warriors over Spurs in 6
Portland over Pelicans in 6
Jazz over Thunder in 7

Raptors over Wizards in 6
Bucks over Celtics in 7
76ers over Miami in 5
Cavs over Pacers in 4

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Rockets over Wolves in 5
Warriors over Spurs in 6
Pelicans over Portland in 7
Jazz over Thunder in 7

Bucks over Celtics in 7
76ers over Miami in 6
Cavs over Pacers in 5

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Want to just remind everyone that Kevin Durant sucks and huffs farts and also Steph Curry is a constantly injured system point guard who is also bad, and also Draymond Green is over the hill and a headcase.

Klay is cool though.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
West:
(1) HOU over (8) MIN, in 4 games
(2) GSW over (7) SAS, in 5 games
(6) NOP over (3) POR, in 7 games
(5) UTA over (4) OKC, in 6 games

East:
(1) TOR over (8) WAS, in 7 games
(2) BOS over (7) MIL, in 5 games
(3) PHI over (6) MIA, in 6 games
(4) CLE over (5) IND, in 5 games

Honestly I picked the number of games in the CLE vs IND series at random, I think CLE wins but I have no idea what that team looks like in the playoffs.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Rockets over Wolves in 5
Warriors over Spurs in 7
Pelicans over Portland in 6
Jazz over Thunder in 6

Bucks over Celtics in 6
76ers over Miami in 5
Cavs over Pacers in 4

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'll do a Gone Fishin' thread once the playoffs actually start unless someone else wants to do it, although they haven't done Gone Fishin' pictures yet which is a bit scary.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Y'all counting out my boys Dipo, Born Ready, and Myles!!! :colbert:

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Playoffs are nothing but heartbreak and stress to a travelin' stats man

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
East:
(1) TOR over (8) WAS in 7
(7) MIL over (2) BOS in 7
(3) PHI over (6) MIA in 7
(4) CLE over (5) IND in 5

West:
(1) HOU over (8) MIN in 5
(7) SAS over (2) GSW in 7
(3) POR over (6) NOP in 6
(5) UTA over (4) OKC in 7

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Paul Zuvella posted:

Want to just remind everyone that Kevin Durant sucks and huffs farts and also Steph Curry is a constantly injured system point guard who is also bad, and also Draymond Green is over the hill and a headcase.

Klay is cool though.

what the gently caress is this reddit warriors fan bullshit klay is not cool hes possibly the most bitchmade

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Are there any updates on Curry and Kawhi? I seem to remember Wardell being ruled out for the 1st round. Any hints about Kawhi's status, or should we keep on assuming he's done for the year?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

Are there any updates on Curry and Kawhi? I seem to remember Wardell being ruled out for the 1st round. Any hints about Kawhi's status, or should we keep on assuming he's done for the year?

Kerr said Curry is not playing in the first round. Kawhi is as mysterious as ever.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/vgoodwill/status/984464689806696448

:thunk:

https://twitter.com/Schumouse/status/984464687310893056

:suicide:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Sixers Bitch

East:
Toronto over Washington in 5
Boston over Milwaukee in 7
Philly over Miami in 6
Cavs over Pacers in 5

West
Rockets over Wolves in 5
Warriors over Spurs in 6
New Orleans over Portland in 7
Utah over OKC in 6

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Frank Vogel before the Magic:

Frank Vogel after the Magic:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

East

Tor beats wash
Bos kills Milwaukee
Mia narrowly beats Phil. Hinkie is fired again
The Lebrons moxy their way to a disputed victory over the pace cars

West
Houston over minne in 3
GSW over sas
Pelicans beat failing Trail Blazers
Okc handles utah pretty easy

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

dokmo posted:

Playoffs are nothing but heartbreak and stress to a travelin' stats man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUWgE0EVQ9c

I hope you find your stat home someday.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

(trades a top-10 player with multiple years left on his contract) Look we had to pick a path. We're committed to rebuilding
(finishes with the seventh-worst record in the league after one season) gently caress man we're not gonna do THAT poo poo again

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Athanatos posted:

Frank Vogel before the Magic:

Frank Vogel after the Magic:

God drat I didn't like Frank as a coach, but HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO HIM, ORLANDO??!??!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Really wish Utah had won last night to get homecourt but they were going to get stuck with OKC in the first round either way so I guess it doesn't change a ton in that respect. I think Utah was probably the better team this year on balance, especially once Rudy got healthy, but I really hate having to play against star players with tons of playoff experience like Russ and Playoff Paul George. Gun to my head I think I'd say OKC in 6 or 7 but should be a really good series

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

and fans had such high hopes for him coming into the season

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If the Wolves take more than one game off of the Rockets I'll get that Thibs picture in the OP as my avatar until at least the end of the playoffs and Lockback can choose the text. If they win the series (lol) I'll keep the avatar and stop bashing Thibs all the way through the offseason.

:toxx:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Raptors in 7 - Washington are hosed in the head but so are the Raptors en playoff so this goes on way too long.
Celtics in 5 - Bucks are poorly coached, but have the talent advantage (due to injuries) so maybe they'll get a game.
Heat in 6 - This one is really hard because the Sixers are so hot right now but I really can't seem to get away from the feeling that the Heat win this.
Cavs in 5 - Sorry Public Works Project but I have very little faith in the Pacers ability to take advantage of the problems that the Cavs have right now.

Rockets in 4 - I have a fantasy of the Timberwolves realizing they beat Denver by playing some defense at the end of the 4th and overtime and learning from that and running the Rockets off the threes and on offense Towns punking Capella off the court and Jim Rootbeer trying to appear nonchalant as possible as Butler just destroys him, but what will actually probably will happen is the Rockets rather easily run the 'wolves through.
Warriors in 6 - Warriors and Spurs both shaky down the stretch. I think unless Leonard comes back though, the Warriors winning is inevitable.
Blazers in 7 - Both these teams are good and evenly matched, so I'm lazily defaulting to homecourt. Pulling for my good friend Kibner's team to get the win though.
OKC in 5 - Regular season matchups are usually not applicable in the playoffs, but they seem to have the most relevance in the first round and the Thunder have just had the Jazz's number this season. The Jazz are good so I think they'll avoid a sweep, but this was kind of worst case scenario for them.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

west

Rockets in 6
Jazz in 7
Portland in 6
Warriors in 7

east
Celtics in 7
Cavs in 6
76ers in 5
Raptors in 5

No sweeps in the first round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

MourningView posted:

Really wish Utah had won last night to get homecourt but they were going to get stuck with OKC in the first round either way so I guess it doesn't change a ton in that respect. I think Utah was probably the better team this year on balance, especially once Rudy got healthy, but I really hate having to play against star players with tons of playoff experience like Russ and Playoff Paul George. Gun to my head I think I'd say OKC in 6 or 7 but should be a really good series

Yeah, I feel the same way. This is a series that will probably come down to a handful of plays that could go either way.

• Locked thread