Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
The $20 bets I put on Washington winning the East and OKC winning the championship are looking pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rick you and I agree on all but Portland.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

IcePhoenix posted:

If the Wolves take more than one game off of the Rockets I'll get that Thibs picture in the OP as my avatar until at least the end of the playoffs and Lockback can choose the text. If they win the series (lol) I'll keep the avatar and stop bashing Thibs all the way through the offseason.

:toxx:

Deal, I think Wolves will win a pity game 3 or 4, but I'm not willing to put any bet on it.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

I'm going to post everyone's deepest secret wish, since it won't happen: Kawhi returns and the Spurs destroy Golden State in 5. Kawhi is carried off on Pop's shoulders.

edit- and Zaza bunnyhops back to Georgia never to be seen again on court.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

West:
(1) HOU over (8) MIN, in 5 games
(2) GSW over (7) SAS, in 6 games
(3) POR over (6) NOP, in 5 games
(5) UTA over (4) OKC, in 7 games

East:
(1) TOR over (8) WAS, in 5 games
(2) BOS over (7) MIL, in 6 games
(3) PHI over (6) MIA, in 7 games
(4) CLE over (5) IND, in 5 games

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Mr. Mambold posted:

I'm going to post everyone's deepest secret wish, since it won't happen: Kawhi returns and the Spurs destroy Golden State in 5. Kawhi is carried off on Pop's shoulders.

edit- and Zaza bunnyhops back to Georgia never to be seen again on court.

get out of my head

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rick posted:

Cavs in 5 - Sorry Public Works Project but I have very little faith in the Pacers ability to take advantage of the problems that the Cavs have right now.

drat Rick I thought you were my boy.

It's coo' it's coo'. At least you didn't have us getting swept like some others around here!!! :doom:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

G-Hawk posted:

West:
(2) GSW over (7) SAS, in 6 games
(3) POR over (6) NOP, in 5 games
(5) UTA over (4) OKC, in 7 games

East:
(1) TOR over (8) WAS, in 5 games
(3) PHI over (6) MIA, in 7 games
(4) CLE over (5) IND, in 5 games

This is mine too.

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Most people here picking Utah makes me nervous :ohdear:

Also I dunno about taking anything from the regular season in Utah/OKC. The game Utah won was the third game of the season, the second time they played was in the stretch where the rudy/favors/rubio lineup was absolute trash and some crazy people thought we were better with Rudy off the floor, and then the last two games Rudy was out again and Rodney Hood and Joe Johnson played significant minutes. Also, the last time we played OKC was December 23 and Roberson was still alive for all 4 games. If anything makes me scared it's the rookie vs veteran aspect. When the refs let the Blazers play more physical last night Donovan/Exum/O'Neale looked pretty rattled for a while and just kept doing stupid poo poo, and since Ricky got into foul trouble fast, our offense tanked. Donovan seemed to figure things out by the 4th quarter and stopped trying to get ticky tack contact fouls called, but by then it was too late.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
my predictions

West:
(7) SAS over (2) GSW in 7 games
(3) POR over (6) NOP, in 6 games
(4) OKC over (5) UTA, in 5 games

East:
(1) TOR over (8) WAS, in 4 games
(3) PHI over (6) MIA, in 6 games
(5) IND over (5) CLE, in 7 games

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Stevie Lee posted:

my predictions
East:

(5) IND over (4) CLE, in 7 games

MY MAN!

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

I think they're the Sixers' toughest matchup

but I'm a dumbass

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/862890220227710977?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Holy poo poo

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Pop's secrit plan

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

You cruel cruel bastard

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

My thread title magic worked.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Look at the date dum dum's.

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

I'm just glad I wasn't the only one who forgot to look at the date

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

wouldn't it have been something tho, rusty af Kawhi against the Curry less Warriors

also I think Utah has the edge in the series against OKC because they've still been blistering hot and they've got almost all of their personnel. it makes me wonder what OKC is gonna do because I think there's at least a game or two where Melo gets run off the floor and then it'll only be Russ and PG

should be some fun, if hideous ball tho

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/CharlesOakley34/status/984468459357646848

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Please stop trolling

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Told you he was faking just like that fraud Steven curry

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/NewYorker/status/984468712412639232

*nods sagely*

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Punkin you sunnuva bitch!!!!!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Lol if this postseason has the Spurs upsetting the Warriors and Rockets.

edit:
never mind just saw the date on that.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

plz dont doxx me and my entire family. JK I watch all games from home because I require copious amounts of alcohol to survive such suffering. also I have been told that I am "a miserable person" to watch a Raptors game with.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
From http://www.espn.com/nba/recap?gameId=400975971

quote:

Andrew Wiggins sank two foul shots with 15 seconds remaining to make it 110-106 and finish with 18 points, and the Wolves were finally on their way to a celebration more than a decade in the making. Butler, who has not held back from openly challenging Wiggins and the other junior members of the team to play with more tenacity, walked up to Wiggins before the free throws with some forceful encouragement.

"I was like, `Wiggs, I know you can do this," Butler said. "And he told me to move. He did. He's like, `Move!' I'm like, `OK, excuse me.' And he stepped up and hit both of them. So, from now on, stay in my lane."

I'm sure glad he made those free throws or it probably would have destroyed him forever.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
People who are picking Utah need to remember that Mitchell is Utah's lone shot creator and a rookie so them winning the series will take some serious stepping up from some other players

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yes and he’s going to be guarded by George Paul.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Pels going 16-0 in this year's playoffs, in my mind.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

People who are picking Utah need to remember that Mitchell is Utah's lone shot creator and a rookie so them winning the series will take some serious stepping up from some other players

Yeah, as good as he's been, last night showed he's going to have some trouble with the fewer foul calls and teams strictly planning around him. When he tries to shoot his way out of a bad game it feels like he's a bit out of control

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Thats a definite concern, especially if Rubio's shooting regresses to the mean but my bigger worry is that trying to get away with playing guys like O'Neal and Exum in the playoffs is going to be really rough. Exum especially seems like a disaster waiting to happen

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Metapod posted:

If you had to start a franchise today, would you take Donovan Mitchell or Russell Westbrook

edit: I'm sorry

big boi fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 12, 2018

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Can't wait to see Mormon Underwear Melo

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
https://twitter.com/OddsShark/status/984459637956243457

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Nobody calls the Trailblazers the T-Blazers, what's up with T-Wolves? :mad:

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Philly's +600 to win the east at the moment, which I threw a few bucks on.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

scuz posted:

Nobody calls the Trailblazers the T-Blazers, what's up with T-Wolves? :mad:

This is a thing people, including fans of the team, have called them for as long as the franchise has existed :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Well, I can't get Joel and David, but this is the next best thing:

https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA/status/984483764893085699

• Locked thread