Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

morestuff posted:

Philly's +600 to win the east at the moment, which I threw a few bucks on.

youve made a terrible mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Why do the Pelicans want bigger dolts?

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

https://twitter.com/KofieYeboah/status/984417449935327235

These are the best

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

big boi posted:

If you had to start a franchise today, would you take Donovan Mitchell or Russell Westbrook

edit: I'm sorry

Uh the mvp without question

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

euphronius posted:

Rick you and I agree on all but Portland.

The Portland series is the one I have the least confidence in, so we're pretty close.

pubic works project posted:

drat Rick I thought you were my boy.

It's coo' it's coo'. At least you didn't have us getting swept like some others around here!!! :doom:

I'm so sorry.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

morestuff posted:

Philly's +600 to win the east at the moment, which I threw a few bucks on.

Lebron died?

I am confident the Pacers will win at very least, one center court tip off.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/WolvesRadio/status/984458819358150657

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

scuz posted:

Nobody calls the Trailblazers the T-Blazers, what's up with T-Wolves? :mad:

Wolves sounds like a generic high school team name. Blazers sounds cool as hell. One needs the accentuation; the other doesn't.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

AggressivelyStupid posted:

youve made a terrible mistake

Athanatos posted:

Lebron died?

I am confident the Pacers will win at very least, one center court tip off.

Odds have dropped to +400 since I posted so the screaming hordes in Philly clearly agree with me

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Theres a guy at work that keeps telling me that Carmelo is good and the Thunder's problem is Westbrook, and that he didn't wnat a GSW/OKC first round matchup because he wants that matchup later in the playoffs. There's real people who think this way

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Fast Luck posted:

Theres a guy at work that keeps telling me that Carmelo is good and the Thunder's problem is Westbrook, and that he didn't wnat a GSW/OKC first round matchup because he wants that matchup later in the playoffs. There's real people who think this way

It could only happen in the WCF, so I guess he thinks OKC is beating Houston?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
If Portland can't take care of NOP then Olshey should just blow it up. Pelicans are more or less the same team that finished 10th in the West last year, only real upgrade was Mirotic.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

are we going to do another prediction pool. I remember after the first round I was on top, proving my deep knowledge. But after that I dropped off, proving that god is cruel.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

BWV posted:

are we going to do another prediction pool. I remember after the first round I was on top, proving my deep knowledge. But after that I dropped off, proving that god is cruel.

Be the thread you want to see in the world.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

If Portland can't take care of NOP then Olshey should just blow it up. Pelicans are more or less the same team that finished 10th in the West last year, only real upgrade was Mirotic.

Mirotic is a good upgrade and Holiday is having a career year and Portland just finished 3rd in a really tough conference, so no.

But also, "blowing it up" might not be up to Olshey, because they have 4 rotation players who are free agents (Nurkic, Davis, Napier, Connaughton).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
darius Miller is a low key good addition to the Pelicans because he's like the only good shooter they had since becoming the Pelicans.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/984526219302621184?s=19

Good stuff

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

They just had their best season in years and years, the best record in the West outside of the clear favourites HOU and GSW, and have one of the best backcourts in the league in their prime locked up for 4 more years. Sure, this is a great time to start thinking about tearing it apart and starting a 5yr rebuild :raise:

poo poo, what does it take for some people to like their team? Do you need to have MJ and Lebron starting and Wilt coming off the bench or something?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Lockback posted:

Be the thread you want to see in the world.

do you remember what service/website we used? I've found 2 so far but both need you to pick every game and not just the series/total games.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Nope

Fast Luck posted:

He's begging you to take his money. I don't think he's a real person, tbf.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

BWV posted:

do you remember what service/website we used? I've found 2 so far but both need you to pick every game and not just the series/total games.

The best ones were just manually counted up (you probably will only get 25-35 people who play). Zogo (I think) did one one year that had guess the winner, # of games, and a bonus question for the round (like who has the highest total # of rebounds or something).

It's probably not hard to do. I thought about it but I'll be traveling a bit during the playoffs and wasn't sure if I could keep it up.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Utah Oklahoma City should be a fun series. We've seen pass pass pass regular season success offenses fail in the playoffs when they can be shoved around with semi impunity. We've also seen crunch time Westbrook iso misery in the playoffs. Paul George will probably be put on mitchell, it'll be up to the rest of the team to make open shots, and for gobert to protect the rim without fouling out.

I'm interested in watching Kyle Anderson guard Kevin Durant semi effectively as he's done in the past.

Last year I lifted the purple bad emotional shell off of Toronto, this year I'm not sure if I should, they might need to do it themselves.
Washington ended the season in crisis, but the fragility of Toronto's fans should help them realize there are more important things to worry about than who gets to initiate the offense.

Portland doesn't have anyone to put on Anthony Davis, it will probably fall to Aminu, they'll just need to make a barrage of threes.

Playoff Lebron is essentially a much larger version of Oladipo who can do all the same stuff and then more. Hasn't Lebron swept every first round for 10 years? That seems like it might be important to him.

Boston/Milwaukee should be fun

Harden seemingly gets fewer calls in the playoffs, that's good for the Timberwolves, but I doubt it will matter

Kibner posted:

Pels going 16-0 in this year's playoffs, in my mind.

It's true

BWV posted:

Someone needs to make one NOW

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
West:

Rockets in 5
Warriors in 6
Thunder in 6
Portland in 5

East: doesn't matter

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

The closest playoff team for everywhere in the USA, including Alaska and Hawaii

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

While Utah doesn't have many population centers, they control several missile sites, military installations, and natural resources. The Wizards have a superior Navy, but Utah is nicely shielded from that. Utah over Washington in 6 in the Finals.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
I wonder if that spot in Missouri where four teams converge is just a hot pot of bitter rivalry.

edit: same for northern Georgia/Pennsylvania

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNSYDj-iAjo

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

makes me thing it's all planned and part of some cross-promotion for the Kardashians and the NBA. Seriously, the guy has to know if he's hooking up at the club people are going to see.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Just looking through the predictions, y'all are pretty confident in the Spurs' ability to push the series. I think going 5 would be a miracle but :shrug:

If they get manhandled again at least it won't be due to Curry bombing threes and chomping on his mouthguard

Edit: I'm also glad they avoided the Rockets and prevented revenge for last year :hehe:

illcendiary fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Apr 12, 2018

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/LakerFilmRoom/status/984567205260967936

I'd love to keep him, he is such a great fit for this team and his shooting really helps Randle be more effective

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

The Pels are pretty different this year. Dominant offensive team and middling defensive team as opposed to awful offense and good defense from last season. Playing a lot faster with much more ball movement and more fast breaks.

Having Jrue all year is a massive improvement, Rondo is at least better than Frazier, Clark is an upgrade over Crawford, Miller is a good pickup that fits, and Mirotic fills a big rebounding and spacing factor they missed when Boogie went down, Diallo is an energy bench big that keeps the team running, and Davis is having his best all-around season.

Pretty big difference from last season in terms of both style and effectiveness.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
That map is interesting, although if you use a car and go by distance to drive it's at least slightly different. I would say probably south of Casa Grande in Arizona, it takes about an hour less to drive to San Antonio, and it's a direct route on a freeway, as opposed to Salt Lake forcing one to either brave highway 89 (which is always one crash from total closure and subject to God's ire in the way of sinkholes and floods that often create multiple hour detours--at which point Golden State ends up closer than Salt Lake City) or dip west into Nevada which takes an additional hour as well.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Kobe’s going to be hosting a show throughout the playoffs where he breaks down tape. It’ll be on the new ESPN+ thing

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Also, Moe Harkless is dead which means more Evan Turner

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

That sounds great
I hope enough people watch to keep it alive

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

This is going to own

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

illcendiary posted:

Just looking through the predictions, y'all are pretty confident in the Spurs' ability to push the series. I think going 5 would be a miracle but :shrug:

If they get manhandled again at least it won't be due to Curry bombing threes and chomping on his mouthguard

Edit: I'm also glad they avoided the Rockets and prevented revenge for last year :hehe:

i think the spurs will be tough at home and pop is just a good enough coach that the spurs are not gonna get beat without taking a game or 2 in the playoffs. If GS had Curry it'd be another story, but they're mortal (but still really good) without him.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Do you have to pay for espn+?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Day Man posted:

Do you have to pay for espn+?

its free for a month then 5 bucks a month

it looks mostly good if you watch mls right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

G-Hawk posted:

its free for a month then 5 bucks a month

it looks mostly good if you watch mls right now

I think there's also like 1 MLB game a day and there is also a lot of boxing including a lot of old fights.

• Locked thread