Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

MonsieurChoc posted:

...yeah, I got nothing, this isn't funny. :smith:
It was like others said never really funny-funny, but at least it was good to see comeuppance, it's is escalating in horrible ways now. Both the revelation and the reactions, and it feels wrong to follow it honestly.
I'd share some of the horrible opinions I found, but I know some of the people those are aimed at read along and I don't want to confront them with (repeats of stuff they already deal with) it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Should there be a separate thread for this? This seems big enough to have its own place to live, considering that there are people here who have some connection to these events who will want to be able to talk about things other than this in the coming weeks.

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

FoldableHuman posted:

They have, to no one's surprise, already started digging into every nook and cranny, digging out every ancient innuendo or accusation, and using it to try and identify victims/hurt people in general. I have little doubt that by the time I get home tonight I'll have between a dozen and two hundred messages accusing me of all sorts of stuff simply by proximity. The self-contradicting narratives are already starting to brew, looking for a witch to hunt.

The accusations I've seen them try to bring up are that they pointed it out and it was ignored (but this tweet is from 21/03, before you say the doc contributors knew, so this was hearsay from GG folks at the time that would have understandably been ignored) and that the person who spoke on Reddit said she tried to get the attention of a female contributor but was ignored. Holly claimed that was just Google docs being lovely and the messages not being seen, and I can't imagine why it would be left out but the other one left in if that's not true. The Reddit person also seems to accept this and hold nothing against them.

Only thing I would say is that the DrGonzo thing looks weird in the doc in retrospect, because it goes on and on about the JW memorial. I get that it's still wrong (in a somewhat different way) to try and monetize it, but the whole segment has the tone of moral outrage specifically on JW's behalf. I do understand that it would have been hard to include a disclaimer without revealing the information against Jane Doe's will, but I would have informed DrGonzo and maybe had him rewrite if necessary.

I mean, I am sure there are people doubling down on saying you're a pedophile and gleefully trying to dig up victim info as well. I'm just addressing the things they can say to discredit the doc contributors and insinuate they are complicit in a coverup that would actually concern a rational person for at least a couple of minutes.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I wonder if Larry or Brad is the "fifth shareholder" they mentioned in that response. It'd explain not leaving no matter what, because they have a stake in the company.

Or it's just loyalty, I don't know, regardless it makes me feel bad. This whole situation makes me feel bad.

DoctorGonzo1969
Apr 8, 2018

I'm not even sure they know who Larry even is or that he's even on the site.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

I wonder if Larry or Brad is the "fifth shareholder" they mentioned in that response. It'd explain not leaving no matter what, because they have a stake in the company.

Or it's just loyalty, I don't know, regardless it makes me feel bad. This whole situation makes me feel bad.

Larry has claimed repeatedly that Michaud and the Walkers have to be reminded that he even exists so he’s technically not even on the site, despite him being one of literally eight names left attached to it now, but his reasons for just not leaving, even after all this are ringing hollower and hollower.

I don’t know or care what Brad’s deal is anymore. With Bennett pulling the cord this morning, he’s won the race to be the last man on the Titanic before the ship slips beneath the surface and he can ride its hulk all the way down to the sea floor as far as I’m concerned.

DoctorGonzo1969 posted:

I'm not even sure they know who Larry even is or that he's even on the site.

Larry, for context, is Larry Bundy Jr, aka Guru Larry. He does videos on video game history and obscure facts. They’re actually quite well researched and informative and Larry’s pretty drat funny himself, but yeah ^^^ all of that bullshit up there.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 12, 2018

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Insurrectionist posted:

drat, that was a tough read even though I never watched anything JewWario made so it's a pretty distant thing. I feel like their comment on the craziness of CA fans really is basically applicable to any media group though, whether youtube celebrities or 'real' ones, and it's definitely scary. I dunno if CA fans were especially bad about it or whatever though.

Interesting that she actually appreciated CA releasing this information, I guess they somehow managed to accidentally do something worthwhile in this never-ending downward spiral? Although I dunno how this leaked at all so I dunno if they actually did anything much at all.

Well it came out during CA's second response, whoever wrote it (Michaud one or Michaud two) decided it was a good idea to argue with the statement from the abuse victim. It included screen caps from a chatlog about firing ______ with a specific date and time frame for when __________ was fired and according to some people on the web they didn't even do a good job blanking the name. So basically in a really half arsed attempt to protect the privacy of the victim they made it really easy to find out who the abuser was and may have given up some information that can lead people to figuring out the identities of the victims. Or just enough information for them to engage in wild speculation and attack and harass many others by proxy.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

Weldon Pemberton posted:

The accusations I've seen them try to bring up are that they pointed it out and it was ignored (but this tweet is from 21/03, before you say the doc contributors knew, so this was hearsay from GG folks at the time that would have understandably been ignored) and that the person who spoke on Reddit said she tried to get the attention of a female contributor but was ignored. Holly claimed that was just Google docs being lovely and the messages not being seen, and I can't imagine why it would be left out but the other one left in if that's not true. The Reddit person also seems to accept this and hold nothing against them.

Exactly, we wouldn't have included one Jane Doe and not the other. If anything was sent to any of us, it was never received. She's still welcome to add her story if she wants it in the document. The only thing I heard was that a victim did not want the perpetrator named because it would open the victim up to harassment, so we just included the Jane Doe who spoke to us with names redacted.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

nine-gear crow posted:

Larry, for context, is Larry Bundy Jr, aka Guru Larry. He does videos on video game history and obscure facts. They’re actually quite well researched and informative and Larry’s pretty drat funny himself, but yeah ^^^ all of that bullshit up there.

well, usually well-researched. his 'five times miyamoto was an rear end in a top hat' video was extremely poorly researched to the degree that it felt like someone else wrote the whole thing given larry's usual researching rigor.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Baka-nin posted:

Well it came out during CA's second response, whoever wrote it (Michaud one or Michaud two) decided it was a good idea to argue with the statement from the abuse victim. It included screen caps from a chatlog about firing ______ with a specific date and time frame for when __________ was fired and according to some people on the web they didn't even do a good job blanking the name. So basically in a really half arsed attempt to protect the privacy of the victim they made it really easy to find out who the abuser was and may have given up some information that can lead people to figuring out the identities of the victims. Or just enough information for them to engage in wild speculation and attack and harass many others by proxy.

It would almost be endearing how bad they are at this if it wasn't for, well, the reason all this poo poo is going down in the first place. Hopefully the victims manage to stay anonymous and the rest of the producers don't get too much abuse. Fat chance of that I suppose.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

well, usually well-researched. his 'five times miyamoto was an rear end in a top hat' video was extremely poorly researched to the degree that it felt like someone else wrote the whole thing given larry's usual researching rigor.

It probably was someone else. He has a few people writing scripts for him as of late.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/ANNJakeH/status/984551871367884800

:smith:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Leal posted:

Yeah like I get that he still wants to remain friends with the Walkers... Its not like leaving the site is going to taint the friendship. You can still be friends, just disassociate from the website.
Considering the kind of people the Walkers are, and how they still refuse ANY kind of introspection about this mess, I imagine they'd see leaving the site as the ultimate betrayal.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Impermanent posted:

Should there be a separate thread for this? This seems big enough to have its own place to live, considering that there are people here who have some connection to these events who will want to be able to talk about things other than this in the coming weeks.

What would you suggest? This is a bad day, but I'd rather this stay contained here than spring up in a place like GBS.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Keep it in one thread IMO.

The drama consumes all. Nothing you love will survive.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Wait, so he’s saying that while he didn’t get the full JewWario treatment, just some creepy comments, other CA producers were just as bad to him? :stare:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Darth Walrus posted:

Wait, so he’s saying that while he didn’t get the full JewWario treatment, just some creepy comments, other CA producers were just as bad to him? :stare:

EDIT:
I worded that poorly. I'll just say wait and see.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 12, 2018

DoctorGonzo1969
Apr 8, 2018

Jacob had mentioned something about that before when he'd said that he wasn't going to contribute too much to the Change the Channel doc.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Ask him yourself if you're curious, don't make assumptions.

That was a rhetorical question. He literally said that.

https://twitter.com/annjakeh/status/984556127546257408?s=21

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

Ask him yourself if you're curious, don't make assumptions.

Speculation is probably the worst and most destructive outcome for something like that. His story is his to tell or not. Until then let’s let it be. I feel for him too—he was so young when he started. That seems like a theme with CA poo poo.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Darth Walrus posted:

That was a rhetorical question. He literally said that.

business hammocks posted:

Speculation is probably the worst and most destructive outcome for something like that. His story is his to tell or not. Until then let’s let it be. I feel for him too—he was so young when he started. That seems like a theme with CA poo poo.

Yeah, I worded that poorly. Leave it to the people involved and don't force questions on them (lord knows enough people will be doing just that). If they want to speak up then they will.

I will say gently caress that Buff Midge prick on twitter and whichever goon he is for trying to throw Dan under the bus with that screengrab.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Apr 13, 2018

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
But 4chan said that...

Dan's right on though. Watch as everything gets nitpicked with a ferocity that would make Doug Walker blush. Trash forever because they targeted gamers.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Someone said Brad won't leave unless he catches Doug in bed with his wife and I'm starting to believe that.

DoctorGonzo1969
Apr 8, 2018

And now Gaming Wildlife have left CA

https://twitter.com/GamingWildlife/status/984589861943377920

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So that's, what, 7 producers left?

DoctorGonzo1969
Apr 8, 2018

I think six? If we're taking Guru Larry saying that Bennett and Battle Geek Plus have left, then it's six people left.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Blockbuster Buster
Brad Jones
Toons These Days
Bargain Boy
Guru Larry
Screen Crashers

This is like Battle Royale except nobody wins and there's no scenery-chewing performance by Takeshi "Beat" Kitano.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
The first two will probably hold out to the bitter end. I've never heard of the others and they don't seem to post much outside of Larry.

Larry, also, is apparently not that tied to youtube videos anymore as he might be becoming a game show host.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Blockbuster Buster
Brad Jones
Toons These Days
Bargain Boy
Guru Larry
Screen Crashers

This is like Battle Royale except nobody wins and there's no scenery-chewing performance by Takeshi "Beat" Kitano.

Battle Geek Plus is saying that 5 including him and Bennett are leaving.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

PASS THE MASH posted:

So 2 more if Gaming Wildlife is one of them.

I really hope one's Brad, though I sadly doubt it.

I'm just not sure what else to say. This is a complete dumpster fire and the worst part is that I don't see the Walkers or Michaud learning anything from it.

DoctorGonzo1969
Apr 8, 2018

PASS THE MASH posted:

Got a source for that?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mokinokaro posted:

The first two will probably hold out to the bitter end. I've never heard of the others and they don't seem to post much outside of Larry.

Larry, also, is apparently not that tied to youtube videos anymore as he might be becoming a game show host.

Larry's mentioned on twitter that he's only stayed so as to watch it all implode from the inside, rather than staying out of loyalty or whatever.

DoctorGonzo1969
Apr 8, 2018

Okay I just checked and apparently only four people are now listed as being on CA now, and given Gaming Wildlife is one of them that means only three people are still on CA: Brad Jones, Guru Larry, and The Blockbuster Buster.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
And more delisted from the site.

It's down to:
Blockbuster Buster
Brad Jones
Guru Larry

(Gaming Wildlife are still listed)

e;fb

Brad's going down with the Titanic, isn't he?

EDIT: \/ already there.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

So 2 more if Gaming Wildlife is one of them.

I really hope one's Brad, though I sadly doubt it.

I'm just not sure what else to say. This is a complete dumpster fire and the worst part is that I don't see the Walkers or Michaud learning anything from it.

I think the final count when it all shakes out is gonna be Brad, Buster, and Larry with an asterisk the size of Saturn. So technically just Brad and Buster.

E:

Mokinokaro posted:

And more delisted from the site.

It's down to:
Blockbuster Buster
Brad Jones
Guru Larry

(Gaming Wildlife are still listed)

lol I was right.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/984356273641549830

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Is Buster the one with the Jewish skeleton called Ronnie or is that someone else? I don't know, I hate skits now and prefer when reviewers just try to get point across without cracking wise.

I must be getting old because I hated every scene with fighting in Black Panther.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

People are saying they can't respect Larry for sticking around, but I'll admit that if I were in Larry's shoes I might just hold out for top tier shitposting like this, too:

https://twitter.com/LarryBundyJr/status/984576447712055296

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Oh neat Noah Cadwell-Gervais revisted Dying Light, I better go tell the thre-