Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Maybe he's Canadian, where you need fries for poutine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

a hole-y ghost posted:

what, your food court offers fries??

for real, i've never seen fries.

even the costco with the burger doesn't have fries.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Sorry all. Been a while since I hit up the Kirkland store. Got some loving store brand unisom for my stupid body so it can sleep. I loving love Costco.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

BaconCopter posted:

oh, that would make sense.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

BaconCopter posted:

I'm not Canadian. I live near Philly.

I'll take pictures of the menu next time I go. The fries are really good too. I hope they don't take them away. :ohdear:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

gently caress, they have those giant near house-sized tents up at the Costco here and I'm this close to breaking and getting one for fishing trips and camping

Deep down, I know if I go I'll just shrug and head to get my $1.50 combo

PBUC

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Rutibex posted:

I thinks it is because it's not a hammock, it's a fancy cot

imagine having cholera in haiti

now imagine having cholera in haiti on a luxurious teal cot with sunshade

P
B
U
C

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Today I learned that Philly is Canadian.

Nutella
Jun 27, 2005

"And the meek shall inherit the earth"
Perhaps I should talk my husband into a vow renewal...http://www.kmvt.com/content/news/First-ever-wedding-held-at-Costco-in-Twin-Falls-479453473.html

PBUC

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Was just at the warehouse, old dude in front me of bought 2 bottles of Jamesons and 1 pack of chocolate chip cookies from the bakery.

That's a Costco Pro right there.

Also, I got the Lego Monster Truck for $9.97!

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
2 bottles of Jameson is indeed a pro Costco purchase. The 3 pack of Jameson was on clearance recently as well but I wasn't able to get one.

Costco bakery cookies suck though.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Taima posted:

Costco bakery cookies suck though.

This is a terrible opinion.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

I just don't know how to respond to that, they are objectively bad cookies. Have you just never had a good cookie or something

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Taima posted:

I just don't know how to respond to that, they are objectively bad cookies. Have you just never had a good cookie or something

What other store bought cookies are better? Like yeah obviously if you got to a nice bakery or bake and eat them fresh yourself then they gonna be better.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Thinking bout my hammock and it’s wonderful design and colors atm

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

:same:

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

the mean lunch lady posted:

The cinnamon roll protein bar tastes alright, but the texture is kind of weird.

Cinnamon Roll Protein Bar is a rare miss for me, too. I like that peanut butter and brownie bar that it is paired with, but I don’t think I’ll be buying that box again. Shame that you can’t just get separate flavors of bars.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

More people got married in Costco. Idaho this time.

quote:

The wedding was officiated by the general manager of the store with less than a month's notice.

"When I got the request, I was, 'why Costco?' and I was like 'why specifically the beer and wine area?,'" Bonnie Schaeffer questioned.

The quote "all good things come from Costco" was hung by the table for guests to sign the guestbook.

"I get everything at Costco, and nothing bad comes from here it seems," Wales said.

quote:

Gathered with friends and family, the two were wed Wednesday morning, getting a cake, food and Brown's ring at the very place.

"We love Costco. We love each other too," Brown said, laughing.

http://www.kmvt.com/content/news/First-ever-wedding-held-at-Costco-in-Twin-Falls-479453473.html

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Cinnamon Roll Protein Bar is a rare miss for me, too. I like that peanut butter and brownie bar that it is paired with, but I don’t think I’ll be buying that box again. Shame that you can’t just get separate flavors of bars.

You can online!

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Taima posted:

If you're the kind of person that prefers crispy cookies I can see not liking the Costco ones. Otherwise, they are definitely above average store cookies.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Alright I thought about this and here is why I do not like the Costco cookies:

1) There's a spectrum of cookie softness, to Olanphonia's point, and yes, the cookies are too soft. I'm not a stickler for crispy cookies, but can't really vibe with either end of the spectrum. Costco cookies are like 9-10/10 soft.

2) Costco does this thing where they try to make up for a hastily made recipe by adding a bunch of some crowd pleaser ingredient. That's a whole other discussion, but it comes into play here. Tone the poo poo down. I don't need my cookie to be half chocolate, I really don't, maybe if it's a fresh cookie out the oven but this ain't that.

3) Related to the softness but the texture is pretty much poo poo. You want some kind of texture difference in your cookie. The cookie can be soft as long as you get a little crisp on the outside, for instance. Costco cookies have no internal contrast, it's a soft lump and you can just TASTE the insane amount of butter and added ingredients in a cheater attempt to make it better.

It's essentially the worst aspects of kirkland products rolled into one (especially how it adds poo poo loads of butter and chocolate/etc to make it palatable).

Don't get me wrong, the cookies only stand out because everything at Costco is so good, PBUC, but part of loving something is also admitting why an aspect of that thing is less than ideal.

One love.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

The only thing I don't like at Costco are the self bake pizzas which are far inferior to the food court pizza. Costco cookies are pretty dang good.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

One single dollar

One handful of pennies

One quarter pound plus all beef hot dog

One beverage

UNLIMITED REFILLS

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
a cookie can never be too soft

feed me straight motherfucking cookie dough honestly

Lupin
Feb 21, 2007

BaconCopter posted:

UNLIMITED REFILLS

You fool...you buffoon... You goddamn moron

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chinatown posted:

:hai:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Chinatown posted:

same but gay cookie dough

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Lupin posted:

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

Good soup! posted:

gently caress, they have those giant near house-sized tents up at the Costco here and I'm this close to breaking and getting one for fishing trips and camping

Deep down, I know if I go I'll just shrug and head to get my $1.50 combo

PBUC

Speaking as someone who has done this for gold medal water fishing in Colorado: PBUC it is as good as you imagine. Especially with the camping cots and a tritip or rib cap you shove in the Costco giant ziplocks with spices and salt rub and then grill over the fire.

What I’m saying is PBUC it fulfills your every camping desire.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Chinatown posted:

Cookie dough is 10000000x better than Costco cookies.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I wish Costco sold this stuff

https://www.thecookiedoughcafe.com/flavors/

'cause it's rad as all hell.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Taima posted:

cookie stuff

Working around these things as often as I have: I think I have to agree on every point. Costco cookies kind of suck (except for the white chocolate ones).

They are also incredibly caloric for their size and always feels like a day ruiner just having one of the things.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Although I still like Costco cookies, I agree with all those points and think they would be much better if they toned it down a little bit.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Peachfart posted:

The only thing I don't like at Costco are the self bake pizzas which are far inferior to the food court pizza. Costco cookies are pretty dang good.

I've mentioned this before, but the self bake pepperoni pizza has about two pounds of pepperoni on it. It's cheaper to buy the pizza and remove half the pepperoni for personal use than to buy separately packaged pepperoni.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

KakerMix posted:

I wish Costco sold this stuff

https://www.thecookiedoughcafe.com/flavors/

'cause it's rad as all hell.

oh my god...Im so very glad they don't!

I'd be in SO much trouble....and so much for my weight loss :(

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

gamera009 posted:

Speaking as someone who has done this for gold medal water fishing in Colorado: PBUC it is as good as you imagine. Especially with the camping cots and a tritip or rib cap you shove in the Costco giant ziplocks with spices and salt rub and then grill over the fire.

What I’m saying is PBUC it fulfills your every camping desire.

Good to know, I've heard a few good things about the smaller tents but the larger ones not so much, I just figured hey it's Costco and their smaller ones are good so that probably rolls into the quality of the bigger ones

and Costco's chocoloate chip cookies are fuckin dangerous, I could finish off a whole case of them in an evening if I didn't have any control

(followed by a sudden jump cut to me throwing it back up after a run/cycling session)

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Oof the peanut butter one it's paired with is worse to me. My girlfriend got the other flavors box, but I haven't had the chance to steal any yet.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my Costco is currently selling this pollo asado...its great and I HIGHLY recommend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

BaconCopter posted:

One single dollar

One handful of pennies

One quarter pound plus all beef hot dog

One beverage

UNLIMITED REFILLS

Lupin posted:

Let us be shepherds of the unknowing flock.

The Dog does not come with unlimited refills. It comes "with refill". A singular refill.

Go forth knowing your sins, and accepting them. We are all imperfect, but we can better ourselves together. :buddy: