Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015

You gotta include the before pic:

BEFORE

AFTER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

For once we can use the word Exodus in its' proper context and not just a subtitle for a lame sequel.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FoldableHuman posted:

People are saying they can't respect Larry for sticking around, but I'll admit that if I were in Larry's shoes I might just hold out for top tier shitposting like this, too:

https://twitter.com/LarryBundyJr/status/984576447712055296

Okay, you got me, that was really funny. Well played, Lawrence. :tipshat:

Now get the gently caress outta there already and leave Brad and Buster to their little Doug Walker Fan Club.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I swear to god someone needs to write a book about this someday

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Jenny is best grill

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I swear to god someone needs to write a book about this someday

Hey if that one nerd can write a book about SMB3 and how it was a life changer...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

cosmically_cosmic posted:

You gotta include the before pic:

BEFORE

AFTER

Out of curiosity, are Channel Awesome going to get any money out of having all those videos still linked via the "Sure you're all gone, but gently caress you we're listing your videos anyway Archived Shows" tab?

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Battle Geek Plus made it official:

https://twitter.com/BattleGeekPlus/status/984603414393847808

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

DownTheRabbitHole will follow-up his live-read of the google-doc with CA's "defence" statement as well as recent revelations in 20 hours or so.

Knudsen will be the Ken Burns of weird/uglu internet-poo poo.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Leal posted:

Hey if that one nerd can write a book about SMB3 and how it was a life changer...

wasnt that movie bob

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

wasnt that movie bob

lol yep.

Admittedly, I don't think that writing a book about game design or even a specific game is necessarily wrong, but given his own description of it in videos and his general attitude towards the subject matter, lol.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Battlegeek said on their discord that they know one of the three remaining folks is also leaving, but they want to leave the announcement to that person.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mokinokaro posted:

Battlegeek said on their discord that they know one of the three remaining folks is also leaving, but they want to leave the announcement to that person.

It's Snob or Buster then. Larry's very vocally "out", but he's just hanging in to see if he can be the last one standing for the hell of it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

If it's Brad I'll LP a Hyper Dimension Neptunia game :toxx:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Leal posted:

My god, what have you done? You're insane.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Leal posted:

Noted. I will hold you to that then :getin: / :devil:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I should probably mention that Erod has no clue about the Not So Awesome doc. I checked. Yes, he has been living under a rock, so to speak.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Noted. I will hold you to that then :getin: / :devil:

I may have made a mistake.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Is Buster the one with the Jewish skeleton called Ronnie or is that someone else? I don't know, I hate skits now and prefer when reviewers just try to get point across without cracking wise.

I must be getting old because I hated every scene with fighting in Black Panther.

You're thinking of Irate Gamer, a clown of the highest order but never associated with Channel Awesome.

When JewWario committed suicide, Irate Gamer made a facebook post saying something along the lines of "the universe doesn't take kindly to those who cut their own time short" and that he feels bad for what JewWario has to now endure on the other side...or something along those lines.

Irate Gamer is definitely the type of person who would try to spin that into "I knew about his crimes", so I guess we'll see what happens.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Leal posted:

I can't help but think this should be made worse for Leal by having someone else decide on the specific Neptunia game for them. Because that can only end well, I assume.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

WHY BONER NOW posted:

You're thinking of Irate Gamer, a clown of the highest order but never associated with Channel Awesome.

When JewWario committed suicide, Irate Gamer made a facebook post saying something along the lines of "the universe doesn't take kindly to those who cut their own time short" and that he feels bad for what JewWario has to now endure on the other side...or something along those lines.

Irate Gamer is definitely the type of person who would try to spin that into "I knew about his crimes", so I guess we'll see what happens.

Irate Gamer is a full-time ghost chaser now, I believe.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Leal posted:

I think you're off the hook:

https://twitter.com/LarryBundyJr/status/984604043199827969

According to Larry it's just him and Brad left and now he's just playing chicken with him for shits and giggles.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Signs are actually pointing to Brad as apparently Erod lives under a rock and said he wasn't aware of the accusations a few days ago...

And he just posted a video about the 10th anniversary being cancelled this morning so you'd think he'd quit then.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Irate Gamers review of Wolverine Origins is the funniest thing. It’s so good that Mike Stoklasa dunked on him for being such a stupid idiot.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I am kind of tickled at the thought of CA internal discussions getting reduced to a sombre old friend taking things very seriously and stressing out at every step down into the abyss and a grinning British troll nobody even realized was there a month ago. It would be like if Groucho were in the bunker with Hitler.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

business hammocks posted:

I am kind of tickled at the thought of CA internal discussions getting reduced to a sombre old friend taking things very seriously and stressing out at every step down into the abyss and a grinning British troll nobody even realized was there a month ago. It would be like if Groucho were in the bunker with Hitler.

A fitting comparison considering Groucho apparently danced on Hitler's grave.

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

CelticPredator posted:

Irate Gamers review of Wolverine Origins is the funniest thing. It’s so good that Mike Stoklasa dunked on him for being such a stupid idiot.

Where can I see this? Because I need to see this.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Like, at this point I'm legit surprised that Michaud hasn't booted Larry off the site in a fit of rage. Because that would kind of rule, to be honest; Larry making the fractional remnant of Channel Awesome so mad at his in-house dunking that they sever from him :yum:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

loving hell...just...

Madness...

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

There's nothing better for sticking to the bitter end than sheer British bloody mindedness and the desire for maximum schadenfreude.

Like jeez, CA managed to piss off the one guy who literally gets on with everybody

DoctorGonzo1969
Apr 8, 2018

I don't even think Erod knows much of anything about Change the Channel. He apparently only just now posted about the 10th anniversary's cancellation.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

All I can really say is that I hope everyone stays safe.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Kim Justice posted:

There's nothing better for sticking to the bitter end than sheer British bloody mindedness and the desire for maximum schadenfreude.

Like jeez, CA managed to piss off the one guy who literally gets on with everybody

Man that is so true. Larry, ashens and James Rolfe are like the three reviewers I know who are pretty spotless (outside of the bullshit stirred up around Rolfe's Ghostbusters 2016 thing.)

EDIT: also Holly is apparently looking for lawyers in the Illinois area on twitter.

DoctorGonzo1969
Apr 8, 2018

Ayup, was just gonna post the tweet:

https://twitter.com/gookygox/status/984610272009572352

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

EDIT: also Holly is apparently looking for lawyers in the Illinois area on twitter.

:discourse:

If she wants to open up a crowdfund campaign to pay for one I will throw money at it.

nine-gear crow posted:

Like, at this point I'm legit surprised that Michaud hasn't booted Larry off the site in a fit of rage. Because that would kind of rule, to be honest; Larry making the fractional remnant of Channel Awesome so mad at his in-house dunking that they sever from him :yum:

Yeah I'm pretty surprised, with Rob/Mike repeatedly going after people for leaning more on their youtube channel then on CA and yet they leave Larry alone. Again, maybe because they don't actually know who he is.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
At some point CA is just going to fold because of all this, right? Like, screw the morality and ethical terribleness for a minute, a site like this simply can't support itself with like 4 (or whatever) contributors, right?

right?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

All Frogs posted:

A fitting comparison considering Groucho apparently danced on Hitler's grave.

Groucho said afterwards he felt kind of empty.

Given what a mindfuck this situation has been I wouldn't put it past Larry being the last person left in CA.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

all I know about larry is that he sometimes does the voices for DJ Slope

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Irate Gamer is a full-time ghost chaser now, I believe.

Oh yeah, he's quite the expert. He's written a book : https://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Hunting-2-0-Breaking-Ground/dp/151710212X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1523585046&sr=8-1&keywords=ghost+hunting+2.0

In which he claims to have turned the ghost hunting world on its head with a brand new science. The hubris in this book is amazing; he considers himself a pioneering, spiritual scientist on loving ghosts. He was recently at a con:

Chris Bores posted:

I had the best time at the paranormal convention yesterday. You fans kept me so busy I hardly had any time to go to the bathroom! It is so amazing talking to new people and watching them hit that "Aha" moment with my research.
Now the following comment is going to piss some people off but if you are offended, I'm sorry but you are NOT helping people, you are causing more suffering than you realize. I keep running into a huge problem in this field and one person that stuck out for me yesterday was this woman who had lost her daughter a year ago to a tragedic accident. All she wanted was answers and not some 'fluffy' canned responses that many seem to regurgitate at will. (I will not mention any names). She teared up many times during our intense conversation and after spending 20 minutes deprogramming her from all the "poo poo" these drat psychics and mediums keep shovelling to her, she for the first time really began to understand the deeper meaning behind this and walked away very comforted by what I had to say.
I know my spiritual journey isn't for the majority of my fans on here and I lose way more money than I will ever get back in this endeavor but these moments are exactly why I do this. I see a huge lack of anyone educating people on the ancient powerful teachings about the other side. Being able to make this kind
of an impact at these events makes it all worth it.

If you were able to get through that without your eyes glazing over, well you're a better person than I. Here's a little more detail into his technique:

In case you didn't catch it, he has spent HOURS studying this stuff. HOURS. Such a level of enlightenment allows him to make judgments such as:

He's also recently unretired his video game critic show, so I guess ghost chasing didn't pay the bills? I'm going to make myself stop typing now. I got most of this information from the irate gamer sucks blog, which I check in on from time to time. I know it's pretty pathetic to read a blog dedicated to hating on someone, but I can't help it. Irate Gamer is so captivating to me; so fascinating. I can't look away. If nothing else, it's a bit of a respite from the Channel Awesome drama, which just makes be feel bad :(

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

MisterBibs posted:

At some point CA is just going to fold because of all this, right? Like, screw the morality and ethical terribleness for a minute, a site like this simply can't support itself with like 4 (or whatever) contributors, right?

right?

Nostalgia Critic is still a big pull somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

MisterBibs posted:

right?

Doug still brings in a ton of views on his own, but I wouldn't be surprised if they rebranded back to TGWTG or moved completely to the youtube channel.