Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
One NHL game, too. And all the archived 30-for-30 stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

it's just going to be him watching Derozan saying "great shot but I would've hit it"

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

That map is interesting, although if you use a car and go by distance to drive it's at least slightly different. I would say probably south of Casa Grande in Arizona, it takes about an hour less to drive to San Antonio, and it's a direct route on a freeway, as opposed to Salt Lake forcing one to either brave highway 89 (which is always one crash from total closure and subject to God's ire in the way of sinkholes and floods that often create multiple hour detours--at which point Golden State ends up closer than Salt Lake City) or dip west into Nevada which takes an additional hour as well.

Haha I was thinking that there are lots of days where I could probably get to SLC faster than I can get to Oakland

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
important harden news from the GQ piece

quote:

Harden was always basketball-obsessed, but as a kid growing up in Compton, he was also paunchy and asthmatic and, as we know, candy-obsessed. He loved Trolli before he even knew what it meant to love. His high school coach used to bribe him with fast food if he got to the free-throw line at least six times in a game.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I would make a joke about them still doing that but I’m pretty sure he would be dead.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I am James Harden

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Don't think anyone has posted the new Game of Zones yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_FJUSBFbJM

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

me getting hyped for the first round

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
lmao that james harden became the monster he is today because he was a little fat nerd that loved candy

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Jota posted:

lmao that james harden became the monster he is today because he was a little fat nerd that loved candy

He looks unnatural as an athletic man

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

CRISPYBABY posted:

important harden news from the GQ piece
That coach is a drat genius

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

G-Hawk fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 13, 2018

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
"I feel like Melo has another gear" is the stupidest NBA analyst sentence I've heard all year. Prove me wrong Caramelaveigne

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Dejan Bimble posted:

"I feel like Melo has another gear" is the stupidest NBA analyst sentence I've heard all year. Prove me wrong Caramelaveigne

Melo does have another gear, an eating cereal in pajamas and playing video games gear

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Hold my gear

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

chunkles posted:

He looks like Billy Gibbons

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Melo does have another gear, an eating cereal in pajamas and playing video games gear

He probably sips expensive wine while playing Fortnite

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

a metal...gear?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Melo has another gear, the head down to the Bodega in your embroidered bathrobe gear

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Away all Goats posted:

Don't think anyone has posted the new Game of Zones yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_FJUSBFbJM

This is very disappointing.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

chunkles posted:

The last two images are my absolute favorite. So drat funny. I want the one on the right corner as an avatar.

I guess I'll get it.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

you all forget they did this to dwight howard and all he did was get some teenager pregnant

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Melo's extra gear is in a steampunk hat he's getting ready to debut in public

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

this daryl morey profile is intense and kind of insane

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...impression=true

tl;dr Man has agonizing burden of attempting to take down golden state, slowly goes insane

quote:

Seeing Morey yuk it up in the seats used to be common. His seclusion has become increasingly habitual in 11 seasons of running the Rockets.

He hid from every playoff game at home and most on the road in 2017.

In 2015, he did not witness the miracle of Josh Smith raining 3s to mount a comeback win over the Clippers in Game 6 of the Western Conference semifinals. Instead, Morey circled the block on foot around the Staples Center and followed the game on his phone.

The Rockets won a franchise record 65 games this season, but Morey no longer experiences the joy of winning so often.

"I wish there was more of that," he said. "A head coach one time described it best: you either have pain or relief from pain. Those are the two states. It's depressing but true."

Each misplay is another paper cut. Deficits eat away at Morey to the bone. Even when victory is likely, indubitable odds give him the shakes. Twenty-point leads – the Rockets led the NBA with 32 of them – still leave a small probability for a collapse. He is not freed until time expires.

G-Hawk fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Apr 13, 2018

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Mr. Mambold posted:

Hold my gear

If Lebron shared his gear Melo would still be all NBA too

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
OAK!!!!
https://twitter.com/CharlesOakley34/status/984468459357646848

Dang it, here's the tweet he is referencing:

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/982619384374951936

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

kirk hinrich to play 15 minutes a night for the wolves, also announces he is debuting new line of compression pajamas, "Sleep like an Eastern Confernce Semi-Finalist"

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

R.D. Mangles posted:

kirk hinrich to play 15 minutes a night for the wolves, also announces he is debuting new line of compression pajamas, "Sleep like an Eastern Confernce Semi-Finalist"

Rose has been, like, the 3rd best bench player on the Wolves the last few games. Hinrich would definitely get minutes.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Strawberry Panda posted:

The last two images are my absolute favorite. So drat funny. I want the one on the right corner as an avatar.

I guess I'll get it.

loving a+ avatar and text

G-Hawk posted:

this daryl morey profile is intense and kind of insane

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...impression=true

tl;dr Man has agonizing burden of attempting to take down golden state, slowly goes insane

morey's always been a weirdo about going to games, but yeah that's my executive of the year right there

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Lockback posted:

Rose has been, like, the 3rd best bench player on the Wolves the last few games. Hinrich would definitely get minutes.

Thats a nice avatar you got there

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
If you think Philadelphia will beat Miami, why do you think Philadelphia will beat Miami?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

If you think Philadelphia will beat Miami, why do you think Philadelphia will beat Miami?

Embiid will be back if they go down 0-2 or maybe even 1-2.

The Glumslinger posted:

Thats a nice avatar you got there

We got a few nice new avatars going on. It's a renaissance in the SAS Forum.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Lockback posted:

Embiid will be back if they go down 0-2 or maybe even 1-2.

We got a few nice new avatars going on. It's a renaissance in the SAS Forum.

Helping Lowtax pay those hospital bills.

76ers will beat Miami because Miami has to rely on old Dwyane Wade at the end of games for buckets.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

this made me lol hard

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

I think we all know what is truly the James Harden candy.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/rick_bonnell/status/984766308268077056?s=21

Byron Scott, come on down

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I love the sleepy eyed, dick touching, candy eating, root beer barrel

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Ben Simmons hits the first three pointer of his career: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhc1u9BlvtU/

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

I wonder if that spot in Missouri where four teams converge is just a hot pot of bitter rivalry.
Theyr probably Bulls fans. Lord have mercy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Still pretty bummed the spurs got the warriors instead of the blazers so we could watch lma smash his old team but I guess this'll make kawhi bursting out of the locker room with a folding chair during halftime of game 1 all the more satisfying

• Locked thread