Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

Imagine being a first responder and you’ve got drunk Euge just yelling over your shoulder telling you how to respond, or grabbing your first aid kit out of your hands because he needs to sell it before you use it. Or calling you up at 2 in the morning to drunkenly hit on your wife. Or you.

No way Eugene is paying for long distance calls from Barbados

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ThinkTank posted:

No way Eugene is paying for long distance calls from Barbados

Good point.

Calling collect.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Mind_Taker posted:

That Ottawa situation sounds toxic.

Also lol that Ottawa was 1 goal away from making the SCF last season.

And people were super super sure that Ottawa was a power on the rise and would be contending this year...

I mean I didn't pay attention to them that much but was it just "not actually as talented as people thought" or injuries or just crappy coaching and a dumb cheap owner

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Levitate posted:

And people were super super sure that Ottawa was a power on the rise and would be contending this year...

I mean I didn't pay attention to them that much but was it just "not actually as talented as people thought" or injuries or just crappy coaching and a dumb cheap owner

Consensus among people worth paying attention to was that their run was Cinderella-esque. IIRC pre-season expectations were Atlantic #3-4~ and possible Wild Card depending on EK health.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah Ottawa basically seemed to be playing way above their expectations, and EK was in God Mode.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Why hasn't Jarome Iginla retired yet?

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
There's huge demand for 40 year old's coming off hip surgery that haven't played in a full season.

....I'd still take him over Troy Brouwer.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Furnaceface posted:

Is it too early to welcome the Flyers?

I'm sure we're safe welcoming Elliot at the very least.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

Why hasn't Jarome Iginla retired yet?

Probably hoping to catch on somewhere and win a cup

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Levitate posted:

IIRC they were the only playoff team to make it with a negative goal differential in the regular season. They were pretenders the whole way.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

yellowcar posted:

I wouldn't even be mad if the Isles win 1st and 2nd overall tbh

Me too, friend, me too

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Oilers confirmed that Chiarelli will be back next year.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

grack posted:

Condolences, Edmonton fans

Congratulations, Devils and islander fans

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Probably hoping to catch on somewhere and win a cup

Then what the hell was he doing in Colorado for three years?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Jeff, Kreider for EDMs first. Jeff pls.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Matt Zerella posted:

:hai:

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

Koopa Kid posted:

IIRC they were the only playoff team to make it with a negative goal differential in the regular season. They were pretenders the whole way.

They were basically a top-tier playoff team with Karlsson on the ice, and a top-5 pick quality team with Karlsson off the ice.

This year, goaltending stopped covering the faults when Karlsson was off the ice, and also decided to let in a ton of goals when Karlsson was on the ice.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

bub spank posted:

They were basically a top-tier playoff team with Karlsson on the ice, and a top-5 pick quality team with Karlsson off the ice.

This year, goaltending stopped covering the faults when Karlsson was off the ice, and also decided to let in a ton of goals when Karlsson was on the ice.

*a Karlsson with 1.5 broken legs.

Buuuuuut, he's probably going to need a raise, so they should trade him.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

VJeff posted:

Then what the hell was he doing in Colorado for three years?

IIRC he signed with them after they had that one fluke year they won the division, so he probably thought they were going to be good.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Leon Draisaitl for MY FREAKING WIFE

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Thufir posted:

IIRC he signed with them after they had that one fluke year they won the division, so he probably thought they were going to be good.

The official reason he gave was because of the growing kids leagues in Colorado were better than the other place he thought about going.

Which was Tampa. Sorry Iggy. :(

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

LumpyGumby posted:

The official reason he gave was because of the growing kids leagues in Colorado were better than the other place he thought about going.

Which was Tampa. Sorry Iggy. :(

To really twist the knife the last time I watched Tampa on TV Jim Hughson talked about the huge amount of growth between when Tampa entered the league compared to now and how it's become one of the best southern U.S. minor kids' league scenes. Oh well. Iggy will probably go to the HOF, at least.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 13, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Matt Zerella posted:

I'm not a miracle worker here. :mad:

All I was able to get was two seconds for Cody McLeod.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

grack posted:

I can't believe the Oilers have already given up on the 2018-19 season.

Fire everybody.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Oilers are going to trade away McDavid for prospects and pics to *checks notes* the Habs, where he does terrible shortly after the trade, ultimately missing the playoffs, again. A third team, *checks notes again* the Lightning, pull off one of the pieces from the Oilers for more prospects.

Unlike Colorado, the Oilers proceed to be a lottery team, again.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The oilers will get the first pick in every draft until the franchise folds and will still never play for a cup.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Kilza posted:

I can't believe the Oilers have already given up on the 2018-19 season.

Fire everybody.

If you have a slow-as-balls RHD, we'll trade you one (1) lightly used Ryan Nugent Hopkins!!!!!

gently caress everything, man.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Albino Squirrel posted:

If you have a slow-as-balls RHD, we'll trade you one (1) lightly used Ryan Nugent Hopkins!!!!!

gently caress everything, man.

The ghost of Brent Seabrook stirs.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
e: wrong thread

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/adam_laskaris/status/985543039941660673?s=19

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Milkshake Duck.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
The Atlantic published a great article about the Danbury Trashers, who were the most minor league hockey team in minor league hockey.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/05/the-mobster-who-bought-his-teenage-son-a-hockey-team/556853/

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Oh no :(

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Come to think of it, it's pretty perfect for a Long Island team.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I mean I'm not exactly surprised that NHLers have dumb views. This ain't the NBA.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Zodijackylite posted:

The Atlantic published a great article about the Danbury Trashers, who were the most minor league hockey team in minor league hockey.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/05/the-mobster-who-bought-his-teenage-son-a-hockey-team/556853/

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3198012-puck-is-a-four-letter-word

I read this (pretty bad) fiction about an expansion team in Cleveland and I'm pretty sure the owner ran a waste disposal company with green trucks, hence the eventual team name being "Big Green". In this case the truth is definitely stranger than fiction.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

a teenage nhl player is like 100% the prime demographic for peterson's poo poo

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

I have no idea who this is

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I have no idea who this is

Became famous by claiming the government of Canada would literally arrest you for using gendered pronouns, and has built up a cult-like following of mostly young, white, sexually-frustrated men by telling them that women are Maoism and are literally plotting to murder all right-thinking men. From there he's become increasingly unhinged and crazy and draws wacky pictures of women and dragons labeled CHAOS while espousing Bush-era Christian conservative beliefs.

Basically what I'm saying is that Josh Ho-Sang should kick his rear end. (Barzal or Peterson, tbh)

e: There's a C-SPAM thread if you want more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

He also sounds like Kermit the Frog.

• Locked thread