Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The crowd chanting,"MAMA MIA!" when Mauro almost got taken out by the announce table spot was so great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I loving lost it at "Hence the word 'Pyrrhic'!"

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Percy is the MVP of that video though.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Senerio posted:

Percy is the MVP of that video though.

What I love about that video (besides everything) is the fact that it shows how much every NXT announcer, even Percy, isn't afraid to lose their poo poo.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nipponophile posted:

If WWE doesn't give me alternate angles of Mauro-cam with isolated Mauro commentary for every event from now on, I will literally riot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F77Hp0f_nME

the way he looks at the camera for a split second when Baszler pops her shoulder in :lol:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
You want to know why Roddy joined the Undisputed Era?

Tough.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Aleister Black being the 13th man to hold the NXT title is too perfect to have been written.

the fact that tye dillinger was not the 10th is a grudge i will hold to my grave

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

John Dudebro posted:

the fact that tye dillinger was not the 10th is a grudge i will hold to my grave

don't worry he's got a very good chance of being the 10th person future endevoured this month

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

IcePhoenix posted:

the way he looks at the camera for a split second when Baszler pops her shoulder in :lol:

We don't deserve Mauro

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
War Machine Raiders!! :supaburn:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Goddamn War MachineRaiders owns. I hope they become Ellering's new large sons.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Cabbit posted:

Did he call Ricochet the "gif that keeps on giving"?
no

I’m not really sure what he said, but it definitely started with a j

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

St Evan Echoes posted:

no

I’m not really sure what he said, but it definitely started with a j

Some people pronounce gif that way :ughh:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

Some people pronounce gif that way :ughh:
:thejoke:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wait... what's the goke?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Another case of WWE Corporate rewriting the language!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Nixon Newell seems to be finally cleared to return to action. NXT had her knee surgically repaired when she reported to the Performance Center. She has been recovering for about a year now. If you don't follow UK indies she's about to become your new favourite wrestler.

https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/984504061616623616

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VvbFOMPphg

rovert fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 12, 2018

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
nixon newell has a rly good voice

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
God bless whoever had the idea of having a Mauro Ranallo cam. He is truly the English equivalent of Shinpei Nogami from NJPW but even more animated. gently caress JBL forever.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i don't really like mauros announcing BUT i like watching him actually do it? Dude seems super cool during it

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Demtor posted:

He is truly the English equivalent of Shinpei Nogami from NJPW

Can't wait for Mauro to get attacked by a bald, bearded guy who constantly paints his face like Garfield.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

I will always defend my boy Mauro because gently caress, at least he seems to care. Cole (barring his WM30 calls) is just so rote nowadays that it robs even the coolest poo poo of impact sometime. At least Corey is trying to carry it.

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS

rovert posted:

Nixon Newell seems to be finally cleared to return to action. NXT had her knee surgically repaired when she reported to the Performance Center. She has been recovering for about a year now. If you don't follow UK indies she's about to become your new favourite wrestler.

https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/984504061616623616

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VvbFOMPphg

I saw Nixon a few times at Axxess, she was mostly hanging around with Kay Lee Ray, and she looked like she was chomping at the bit to get back in the ring. I’m excited for her.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

NXT, in my opinion, is good! I like to watch it on my screen!

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Booker could have saved the commentary, but that ship has sailed and now we have the equally bad, but less entertaining Coach

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Meltzer gave both the ladder and Gargano/Ciampa matches 5 stars.

I guess he liked TakeOver.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Gargano joins a very elite crew of multiple ***** matches :swoon:

Snowflakes for the rest of the card:

Ember/Shayna: ***1/4
Tag: ***1/4
Black/Almas: ****1/4

What a goddamn show

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That's the first double five star match card ever, isn't it.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

VJeff posted:

There are also only 5 5-Star matches in WWE ever that aren’t in 2018

Cena/Punk - 2011 MITB
Austin/Bret - WM13
Michaels/Undertaker HIAC - Badd Blood
Razor Ramon/Michaels ladder match - WM10
Bret/Owen cage match - SummerSlam 94

Basically Gargano is as good as Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
5-star Lars :unsmith:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

VJeff posted:

For WWE yeah

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
NXT doesn't have any five star matches, starts pushing Gargano and Cole and suddenly has three of them. Hmmmmm.

This Rebel Heart, Bay Bay.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Apr 13, 2018

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Adam Cole has a lot of 5 Star matches for a bad wrestler

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

For WWE yeah

Seems like it is in general the first card to get 2 five star matches if there isn't any missing here http://www.profightdb.com/top-rated-matches.html

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

KungFu Grip posted:

Seems like it is in general the first card to get 2 five star matches if there isn't any missing here http://www.profightdb.com/top-rated-matches.html

I could've sworn Naito/Tanahashi from last year's Dominion got 5, but yeah no, looks like this is the first one

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
I believe there was an AJW tag tournament back in the day where both the final block match and the actual final, both between the same teams, each got 5.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
No surprise Ciampa carried Gargano to a five star match, just like he carried #DIY!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Meltzer: In fact... 5 star matches for everybody in the room!
Revival runs in
Revival: Did you just say-
Meltzer: Too late, bald pate

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Man gargano could have had 3/4 5 star matches if the revival series had got its due.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Benne posted:

I could've sworn Naito/Tanahashi from last year's Dominion got 5, but yeah no, looks like this is the first one

I thought Manami Toyota had 2 5 star matches in one night? Or were those different shows?