Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Apr 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

There's some quality meows in this here thread.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Moo Moo (#43)

Part two of this story:

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Our cat Moo Moo does something very strange. She is normally very quiet and makes the mouth motions of a meow without any sound coming out when she sees you. But every night when we go to sleep, or even take a nap or get too quiet for a while, she'll start making a very sad, low, loud meow. She'll walk all around the house doing this even when she knows where we are. Then we'll hear her climb up an elaborate series of platforms to a shelf where there's a big stuffed blue Hippo kept very far out of reach for decoration. We'll hear the low meows get closer and closer, but with a little hint of pride behind them and some high trills thrown in. We'll always wake up to the blue Hippo on the floor by our bed, possibly with a few toy mice too.

Hear her chirp sound from that second gif:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhXFrS9lzee/?taken-by=moo_squared

She did it again today.

And then again.

And one more time that we didn't photograph. She runs up a bunch of shelves on top of the fireplace to it every chance she gets.

In fact before the fireplace we used to keep it here inside this grey cube shelf:

But she got it too much.

The only thing that got her to stop attacking it today was taking a nap with us. Moo Moo, exhausted from all the platforming to attack blue hippos.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Holy gently caress that kitty jungle gym. I want to build one so bad, Bowie especially is a tree cat-- bitch hops up onto the cabinets above the sink and stares at me with his resting bitch face while I do dishes. It's loving precious. Bubs likes being up high too but can't jump as far as she used to, b/c she turned into a curvy floof. She's been losing weight since we got Bo Bean tho so soon she shall jump amazing heights again!!

It's just such a pain constructing something like that in an apartment. I might have to do it anyway. Moo Moo looks hella content!

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
That jungle gym is accessed by means of this "tree" I made for her to run up. I had an outdoor cat that would run up each tree in front of us while we hiked, and I wanted to see if Moo Moo could do it. It's spaced out from the wall a bit so she can grab all the way around it. You can see that effect better from the side, in my previous post. There's carpet glued on and staggered platforms to jump onto to each side.

Once she gets to the top sometimes she climbs all the way around the tops of furniture to get to a door-mounted pull up bar, where I had hung some string for her to play with down below.

She'd rather attack it at its source.

Happy Thread fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Apr 13, 2018

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
Deadpool is gonna kill my cats if they don't win! gently caress!

Jappy (#14) doesn't want to die yet. He's so young and rodent-like.

He says he's gonna ride the Gumbo (#13) until she's dead!

Nooooo, please don't Deadpool! She's floppy and soft. Find another steed for your nefarious deeds! One that's hard and awful.

Thankfully they were both saved from the wiles of Deadpool by a young boy of hale constitution.

They've been saved from certain death at the hands of Deadpool but they still need your votes! Gumbo! (#13) Jappy! (#14) Vote for them and they will tell you all the things you want to hear, forever!

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Deadpool is gonna kill my cats if they don't win! gently caress!

Jappy (#14) doesn't want to die yet. He's so young and rodent-like.

He says he's gonna ride the Gumbo (#13) until she's dead!

Nooooo, please don't Deadpool! She's floppy and soft. Find another steed for your nefarious deeds! One that's hard and awful.

Thankfully they were both saved from the wiles of Deadpool by a young boy of hale constitution.

They've been saved from certain death at the hands of Deadpool but they still need your votes! Gumbo! (#13) Jappy! (#14) Vote for them and they will tell you all the things you want to hear, forever!

Noice. When I was a kid I had a toy called Horrible Hamilton and my brother had an Odd Ogg. I'd love to see some cats try to stand up to those bad boys.

HH in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNUv1tMZ5OM

Odd Ogg (half turtle and half frog): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPbCq4qOBOs

dee eight fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Apr 13, 2018

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
Jesus. Horrible Hamilton is a scourge. I only know of one cat that would disregard that loving thing...

Goomba! (#12) She didn't give a gently caress about anything.

Goomba (#12) was the best. Vote Goomba! She once saved a child from drowning. She also could go about a hundred miles an hour. Goomba! (#12)

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
#28 Phyrexian Obliterator isn't the most graceful cat, but she's still the best cat.

(huge progress, we've only had this thing a week at this point)

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

That's a dope exercising kitty.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

drat I need one of those, too!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

My friend with a bengal named Kenny has a big exercise wheel like that and they painted the Stargate symbols onto it.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

dee eight posted:

Noice. When I was a kid I had a toy called Horrible Hamilton and my brother had an Odd Ogg. I'd love to see some cats try to stand up to those bad boys.

HH in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNUv1tMZ5OM

Odd Ogg (half turtle and half frog): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPbCq4qOBOs

OMG I had a Horrible Hamilton! And another one, orangeish. Our cat and I used to play "THEM!" with them.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Bubbles (#62) r/n being a snuggle butt!!

lol at dis squishy face tho

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Bowie got jealous.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

BaronVonVaderham posted:

#28 Phyrexian Obliterator isn't the most graceful cat, but she's still the best cat.

(huge progress, we've only had this thing a week at this point)

:3:

lot of good cats in this thread but still feeling phyrexian obliterator, for the cute but weird look and also for the sick sweep tapping and polyrhythmics experimented with in new material

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

Slippery Tilde

Neurosis posted:

:3:

lot of good cats in this thread but still feeling phyrexian obliterator, for the cute but weird look and also for the sick sweep tapping and polyrhythmics experimented with in new material
Sir Herman Furbottom has issued a statement regarding the baseless allegations he can't do cute and weird.

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Apr 17, 2018

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Vote for #58, Süße!

Why? She is the best cat! Voting for another cat just plain doesn't make sense.

The Lady at her most stately

The Lady in the early morning

So at some point I had this box standing around on my desk. One day I came back home and Süße just sat in there. And continued to sit and/or sleep in this tiny box, ignoring her other sleeping spots for days. It was weird.

She looked so cute, that drat box survived getting trashed for weeks longer then I'd originally planned. Because come on, just look at this: :3:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Koda was trying to get into the smallest box this morning.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Why isn’t there a Best Dog contest?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Piggy Smalls posted:

Why isn’t there a Best Dog contest?

The better question is: Why isn't there a Best Dog contest and a contest between both contests to see who can raise more donations for Lowtax: Cats or Dogs?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Over There posted:

Koda was trying to get into the smallest box this morning.

Look at my paw
LOOK AT IT

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Libluini posted:

The better question is: Why isn't there a Best Dog contest and a contest between both contests to see who can raise more donations for Lowtax: Cats or Dogs?

Do I have to ask a mod to make a Best Dog contest?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Piggy Smalls posted:

Do I have to ask a mod to make a Best Dog contest?

You could do it yourself. But the prize for best dog would have to be dognip (which is roadkill and poop).

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

dee eight posted:

You could do it yourself. But the prize for best dog would have to be dognip (which is roadkill and poop).

An abused dog here in Germany very recently managed to kill both his owners, so apparently Human flesh would also work

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Late to the campaigning party but Butterscotch (#17) is here!

Butterscotch’s story is a long and triumphant one and it begins with a picture:

This arrived in my inbox in the fall of 2015. My wife and I foster cats and dogs from our local SPCA and Butterscotch was up for fostering.

Naturally, we had to have him.

What we knew about Butterscotch is that his owner was a little old lady who had recently passed away. She had, unfortunately, spent her last few years spoling the ever-loving poo poo out of Butterscotch. So much so that he ended up weighing in at 30+ pounds at the time of her death.

Butters arrived at our home nursing a wicked URI and was, to put in mildly, in real bad shape. The plan was for us to get him on a path to wellness and find him owners who could see him through to a good and healthful life.

That was the plan, anyway.

It became clear that, among his problems, he was also the cuddliest and sweetest cat that we had ever fostered up to that point.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR-pG1i8aL4

Between that, peer pressure from the cute thread, and us just falling in love with him, he ended up being our first foster failure.

Since then, Butterscotch has been on a journey to a healthful life which has included…

Improved Eating Habits!

https://youtu.be/FaGTYCBg4II

Exercise!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb9Xo6teY7Q

And Better Hygiene!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnFI65ozp-c

And now, Butterscotch is down from 30 pounds to 15!

It’s been a bit of journey and we kinda had to drag Butterscotch Kicking and mowling to the weight he’s at now, but it’s had its good moments too:

We’ve danced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixjG3R6KXds

We’ve sang:

https://youtu.be/6KY9FdfyK-c

We’ve watched movies together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geOajqOpdHk

We’ve road tipped together:

And he’s helped me practice being a dad:

And now, Butters is healthy, and he’s happy to be here. He doesn’t need to win, all he wants is some kibble and cuddles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ocjNzWMvCg

Butterscotch out!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Me, following this thread.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Butterscotch is an inspiration!!

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

Slippery Tilde

Chili posted:

Oh god... we have a contender....

#52 Herman's gonna take a nap till the voting starts.

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Apr 16, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
#56 Chester is smug and owns everyone because he is King of the World

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

That's some quality RBF he would get along w/ Bowie.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

esperterra posted:

That's some quality RBF he would get along w/ Bowie.

Nah, Chester is Overlord, and acts as such.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Doesn't get along well w/ other catte ... hmmmmm sounds like a bad candidate to me!!!!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

esperterra posted:

Doesn't get along well w/ other catte ... hmmmmm sounds like a bad candidate to me!!!!

He does, he’s a very sweet cat but he just has to be leader. Of all cattes. (Except Kittay who is above him in the cat dominance tree cause she’s old and cranky).

E: Kittay

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Apr 16, 2018

Dmar
Aug 19, 2004
yarg

Chili posted:

I love your huge cat (now a normal sized cat) and how affectionate he is. I especially love the many videos you have of him.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Update time guys and gals, bozos and bozoettes!

Lowtax posted:

Welp, it's two weeks since surgery, so I decided to see what they were charging me for it. It's literally now cheaper for me to die than live.

We're 5 weeks into this marathon of hairballs and toxo, and we've raised ~1% of the value of Lowtax's life. I am truly whelmed by the generosity of you all and thank you from the upper left chamber of my heart. I forget is that one is a ventricle or aorta or clavicle?

Anyway, we might get another straggler or two so nominations remain open at this time.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

Slippery Tilde

dee eight posted:

Update time guys and gals, bozos and bozoettes!

We're 5 weeks into this marathon of hairballs and toxo, and we've raised ~1% of the value of Lowtax's life. I am truly whelmed by the generosity of you all and thank you from the upper left chamber of my heart. I forget is that one is a ventricle or aorta or clavicle?

Anyway, we might get another straggler or two so nominations remain open at this time.
How soon till voting starts do you think..?

esperterra posted:

Yet another reason to vote for #52 Herman.

Herman and Lilly with house-guests Elvis and Bette Davis.

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Apr 17, 2018

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Cable Guy posted:

I dunno. Last time I said something about July, but I was probably high then. I think the guys that bought banners for this thread should get the whole run, so maybe voting starts the day after the last banner drops off. I'm open to input from all the contestants.

The first voting thread is going to be posted in pet island to help avoid drive-by poo poo posters. Literally A Bird gave me the okay and would probably be happy to smite thread shitters. When the voting starts, I'd appreciate for poll watching and vote tabulation checkers to PM me if I screw up the count.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/984178668493725696/pu/vid/720x720/9Kga-oyO4THcxxzY.mp4

dee eight fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Apr 17, 2018

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Cable Guy posted:

Yet another reason to vote for #52 Herman.

Herman and Lilly with house-guests Elvis and Bette Davis.

your illegal cloning technology is noted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

This is Ragnar:

https://www.instagram.com/ragnarragdollcat/

He's a fat idiot, but he will very much let you play with his belly, and/or wear him round your shoulders like a scarf.

Although he did ruin Christmas when he was smol.

Spuckuk fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Apr 17, 2018

• Locked thread