Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Statistical evidence that Nikolas can't defend the rim

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Dejan Bimble posted:

If you think Philadelphia will beat Miami, why do you think Philadelphia will beat Miami?

The Sixers are playing very well right now

That was without their two leading scorers, Embiid and Redick. Ben Simmons had zero points at the half.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

On a scale from four to seven, representing how many games the Bucks/Celtics series might go to, how hosed are the Bucks?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Oof

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/984795288325025793

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

iospace posted:

On a scale from four to seven, representing how many games the Bucks/Celtics series might go to, how hosed are the Bucks?

The Celtics are decimated by injury and the Bucks have the 5th best basketballsman in the world.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I feel like he did the best he could with that roster. They really need to get out of the Batum contract and find somebody halfway decent to pair with Kemba.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

iospace posted:

Man I'll be happy if Boston takes it to 6 before folding and dying, if the Bucks can't beat the team in its current state some changes should be made. BIG changes

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

The Celtics are decimated by injury and the Bucks have the 5th best basketballsman in the world.

Delly is really great but let's not get crazy here.

Top 10 sure

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

I feel like he did the best he could with that roster. They really need to get out of the Batum contract and find somebody halfway decent to pair with Kemba.

Yeah, the team was always good when he had the talent, and even when it wasn't he seemed great at the off-court culture stuff. The team was a shitshow before him and he forced about as much professionalism as the place would allow.

I'd probably put him as the top free agent coach over Fizdale.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

What a dumb decision

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

What a dumb decision

Kupchak wants his own man

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Cool Buff Man posted:

could it be...

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Stevie Lee posted:

could it be...

Nah, I think he hated Byron

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

as an expert in fraudulence I can tell you there are many frauds on the Bucks. Khris Middleton is a fraud. Thumb Maker is a fraud. Tony Snell is a fraud. Brogdan and Bledsoe are cool but every second they touch the ball is a second Giannis is not dunking.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Cool Buff Man posted:

It'll be Mark Jackson

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

pubic works project posted:

It'll be Mark Jackson
They aren't going to outbid Dolan.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Consensus seems to be that it's Jerry Stackhouse's job to lose, which, you know, fine

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

morestuff posted:

Consensus seems to be that it's Jerry Stackhouse's job to lose, which, you know, fine

IIRC the Suns and Knicks are also considering Stackhouse as well

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Cool Buff Man posted:

IIRC the Suns and Knicks are also considering Stackhouse as well

If I had to choose between working for the Suns, Knicks, or Hornets I'd pick the hornets without even batting an eye.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Here's a thing. If someone wants to post a new thread for keeping track of results or whantont go for it

https://www.nbabracketology.com/group/view/13303

password is kdisasnek

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Felicio oh no

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Yikes. Just reminded myself of the Batum contract. I mean, I wouldn't mind him on my team (especially since he always lights us up), but not at $24 - $27 mil.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

If I had to choose between working for the Suns, Knicks, or Hornets I'd pick the hornets without even batting an eye.

I think the Suns job is going to be a little more attractive than it used to be especially after this draft. Booker, Jackson, [insert 1st-3rd pick] isn't a bad group of younguns to try to work with

The Hornets have a pretty bleak outlook currently, maybe Kupchak can work some magic

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

chunkles posted:

me getting hyped for the first round

This looks like a postage issue for a central African dictator for life

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Mr. Mambold posted:

This looks like a postage issue for a central African dictator for life

He looks like a banana split

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Furriners dominating and lo 'n behold, Can Playem Kanter is right middling ahead of his 'stache bro.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

He looks like a banana split

He mos def does not look like William T. Gibbons

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I just bought lower level tickets to the Sixers/Heat game 7.

It's like a bet I can't lose. If it goes to 7, I'm going to the game! And if it doesn't, I get my money back!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I know it's not NBA but Lindsay Whalen was named the head coach of the University of Minnesota's Women's Basketball team this week. This is newsworthy because she's also still the starting PG for the Minnesota Lynx and is apparently going to be pulling double duty since the seasons don't overlap.

When's the last time something like this has happened?

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

morestuff posted:

What's Rasheed Wallace doing these days? Stack and Sheed need to be reunited.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Cool Buff Man posted:

I think the Suns job is going to be a little more attractive than it used to be especially after this draft. Booker, Jackson, [insert 1st-3rd pick] isn't a bad group of younguns to try to work with

The Hornets have a pretty bleak outlook currently, maybe Kupchak can work some magic

I've said this for two seasons now but I don't think they're really that far from a bounce-back, especially if they deal their first-rounder for some short-term talent. 13th in offensive rating, 16th in defensive rating this year. The ceiling isn't that high, obviously, but being the coach that leads a team back to the playoffs is probably going to give you more shine than overseeing a long rebuild.

Who knows what they're doing, though.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I don't know why I still listen to Bill Simmons when he says verbatim "Larry Bird, all he had was basketball, like how Tom Brady approaches football, that's what Larry Bird and Magic were like with basketball. And I think that's what Jordan, even though he was doing the commercials and stuff, he played basketball, that's what he was. I don't know, I just, it seems like the regular season rolls off these guys now" and the guest doesn't even know what to reply

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jokic my Man what are you doing

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Quizzlefish posted:

Ben Simmons hits the first three pointer of his career: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhc1u9BlvtU/

:captainpop: at the wingspan and hand size on that kid.

He's like a younger, whiter Rondo.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Is anyone planning an NBA playoffs Bracketology for the thread like we did last year?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

morestuff posted:

I've said this for two seasons now but I don't think they're really that far from a bounce-back, especially if they deal their first-rounder for some short-term talent. 13th in offensive rating, 16th in defensive rating this year. The ceiling isn't that high, obviously, but being the coach that leads a team back to the playoffs is probably going to give you more shine than overseeing a long rebuild.

Who knows what they're doing, though.

Yeah you could be right, it just seems that like everything good that happens basketballwise in Charlotte is because of Kemba Walker, and who knows what his fate will be. They seem like a franchise that could tip over in either direction, for better or worse, whereas Phoenix would be a pretty standard "take this talent and teach them how to win" sort of deal

Either team is a better option than the Knicks though

euphronius posted:

Jokic my Man what are you doing

He has a literal 5 inch vertical, he has no chance. Forget Cousins, Jokic needs to team up with AD

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

aBagorn posted:

Here's a thing. If someone wants to post a new thread for keeping track of results or whantont go for it

https://www.nbabracketology.com/group/view/13303

password is kdisasnek

DMCrimson posted:

Is anyone planning an NBA playoffs Bracketology for the thread like we did last year?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

the link is on this page brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Aww, that's what i get for leaving the reply window open too long.

• Locked thread