Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U38jycY1uZQ
the greatest theme song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

I don't know if he does it regularly but I've seen him hit them while goofing around in warm ups

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

That's fantastic.

Looks like Mike Malone's job is safe for now.
https://twitter.com/HarrisonWind/status/984843046553448453?s=19

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Timofey Mozgov is a better shooter than Ben Simmons

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Boredumb posted:

Pau had a low-key good year for a 37 year old

Still one of the league leaders in Yells Per 36min.

I'd like to know where LMA sits on that chart.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Game of Zones did a bonus episode I guess

https://streamable.com/cenj1

This one is actually good so I have hope for this season again

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

IcePhoenix posted:

Game of Zones did a bonus episode I guess

https://streamable.com/cenj1

This one is actually good so I have hope for this season again

heh.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Zach Lowe's All-NBA teams: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23131464/zach-lowe-2017-18-picks-all-nba-all-defensive-all-rookie

-It's nice to see LMA get recognition, but I'd probably put him on the 3rd team and move Simmons to 2nd team
-I dunno about Jokic being on there
-Russ should be 1st team over Dame

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Draft tiebreakers about to air:

https://twitter.com/draftexpress/status/984907767768145920?s=21

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I can't remember the last time Adams attempted a jumpshot if ever in-game so him hitting multiple in an open gym is shocking I don't care

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/draftexpress/status/984908839244922886?s=21

https://twitter.com/draftexpress/status/984909257568112646?s=21

https://twitter.com/draftexpress/status/984909679045341184?s=21

https://twitter.com/draftexpress/status/984909998470901760?s=21

https://twitter.com/draftexpress/status/984910496288657414?s=21

morestuff fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 13, 2018

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

The Kings are continuing their unabated string of lottery luck

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat

MourningView posted:

I don't know if he does it regularly but I've seen him hit them while goofing around in warm ups

I went to a Mavs game years ago and watched Erik Dampier and Barea taking turns hitting corner 3s. I think JJ was shooting left handed to make it fair.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Nice. Now the Mavs just need to win the lotto and draft Doncic.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spoeank posted:

The Kings are continuing their unabated string of lottery luck

I like how the one time we had lottery luck since the early 90s was one of the years Vlade threw in a pick-swap for no drat reason

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spacebump posted:

Nice. Now the Mavs just need to win the lotto and draft Doncic.

Doncic won't go first from everything I've seen, he'll probably be there at 3 anyways

I am however constantly wrong

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
after their successful tank what will the spurs do with the lowest draft pick in 20 years

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Cool Buff Man posted:

Doncic won't go first from everything I've seen, he'll probably be there at 3 anyways

I am however constantly wrong

Who do people have going second after Ayton but before Doncic? (the real tragedy is going to be when 3 teams jump the Mavs in the lotto)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

WhyteRyce posted:

I like how the one time we had lottery luck since the early 90s was one of the years Vlade threw in a pick-swap for no drat reason

hey but we were able to clear cap space to do great things with the money like... *checks notes* ...give Rajon Rondo $10 million?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spacebump posted:

Who do people have going second after Ayton but before Doncic? (the real tragedy is going to be when 3 teams jump the Mavs in the lotto)

I've seen Bagley, Porter, Jackson and Doncic floated at 2. Personally I'd want the hunchbacked Kyrie (thanks Dejan) Doncic but who knows what these wacky GMs will do

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spoeank posted:

hey but we were able to clear cap space to do great things with the money like... *checks notes* ...give Rajon Rondo $10 million?

One of those great decisions that had a bad means and a bad end

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

pubic works project posted:

Is Meeks on the active roster? I haven't watched many Wizards games

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/984841260593709057?s=21

Bruh :banjo:

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Boston winning 55 games with a RC% of 41% and Kyrie missing a quarter of the season and Gordon Hayward playing only five minutes is impressive.

Spacebump posted:

This season had 4 rookies get a triple double, has that ever happened before?

In 2010 Terrence Williams, Tyreke Evans, Stephen Curry and Darren Collison all had a TD.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Hasn't Lebron swept every first round for 10 years? That seems like it might be important to him.

In the last five years.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I want to see a Westbrook/Wiggins/Batum/Melo/Dwight superteam of pure frustration

Dwight has 40/40 game. RW has a 20/20/20 game.

Still lose.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Zogo posted:

Boston winning 55 games with a RC% of 41% and Kyrie missing a quarter of the season and Gordon Hayward playing only five minutes is impressive.

I thought they'd win like 48 games this first year of the "new core" and that was with Hayward and Kyrie both healthy, I think euphronius might have been the only person to call them a "50 win team, easy" back during prediction time. I've got no real hopes for the postseason but at least they showed they can be very good when healthy, if Hayward recovers they have a decent shot at getting out of the East next year

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Away all Goats posted:

That was a fun season of pretending Warriors and Cavs aren't just gonna cruise through the playoffs again.

This could be the year the Raptors finally reach the finals. It's by far their strongest team.

It will also be very entertaining if LBJ somehow gets to the finals again however. CLE vs. GSW IV would surely have to be the last sequel. I don't see a CLE vs. GSW V in the offering.

The B_36 posted:

poo poo, what does it take for some people to like their team? Do you need to have MJ and Lebron starting and Wilt coming off the bench or something?

I want Kareem coming off the bench. Wilt has a low FT%.

Rick posted:

Vindicated

Each successive year that Pau still has decent numbers it makes those 2013 and 2014 Lakers machinations look odder.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
"Hunchbacked Kyrie" really is one of the great player comps.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

I thought they'd win like 48 games this first year of the "new core" and that was with Hayward and Kyrie both healthy, I think euphronius might have been the only person to call them a "50 win team, easy" back during prediction time. I've got no real hopes for the postseason but at least they showed they can be very good when healthy, if Hayward recovers they have a decent shot at getting out of the East next year

They have Al Horford lmao

He’s really good.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Brad Stephens audacious and daring struggle of bravery to win in the nba with al Horford and Kyrie Irving and a phenom rookie.

A hero of our times

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

They have Al Horford lmao

He’s really good.

You should hear the sports talk radio shows around here, the most prevalent line of Celtics coverage is an ongoing "WHY AL HORFORD ISN'T WORTH THE MAX" rant

This is why I don't have any friends that I can watch basketball with

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Cool Buff Man posted:

You should hear the sports talk radio shows around here, the most prevalent line of Celtics coverage is an ongoing "WHY AL HORFORD ISN'T WORTH THE MAX" rant

Why would anyone with half a brain listen to new england sports radio?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

It's like weird performance art if you're used to the accents, passes the time in the car pretty quickly

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

quote:

Each successive year that Pau still has decent numbers it makes those 2013 and 2014 Lakers machinations look odder.

I think by 2014 the front office was probably in reality pretty high on Pau and that a lot of the discussion around him ended up being overblown media stuff. They could've saved a lot of money by dumping Gasol (and some of the proposed the deals have subsequently leaked and could've saved the Lakers a lot of money) and the talk radio media, the people who constantly Lakers concern troll or are the people legitimately worried on behalf of billionaire's finances were mad they didn't do it, and they still ended up offering him more money than anyone else did when he was a free agent. They did him dirty before that though so I don't blame him for moving on.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Similarly, you can always tell when someone comes in here with a Chicago-radio based opinion. Some news outlets are very obviously complete crap but people still tune in.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ErikHorneOK/status/984847905889701893

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Juaguocio posted:

Nah

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Cool Buff Man posted:

Horford confuses people because he gets max money and scores uh, 14 PPG. Which does feel a little weird. But he also might be the single best glue guy in basketball and that's not really quantifiable.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Juaguocio posted:

PG and Kiwi are both better than anyone Dame has on his team come on man. That dude dragged Portland kicking and screaming to the 3rd seed, he deserves it this year.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Is that for the "Cotton-pickin" comment? That seems excessive, honestly.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

CRISPYBABY posted:

Horford confuses people because he gets max money and scores uh, 14 PPG. Which does feel a little weird. But he also might be the single best glue guy in basketball and that's not really quantifiable.

Would you say he's a super glue guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

33+ years old and 14+ WS:

code:
Player			Season	Age	WS	MVP
Michael Jordan		1996-97	33	18.3	No
Wilt Chamberlain	1972-73	36	18.2	No
Karl Malone		1996-97	33	16.7	Yes
Karl Malone		1997-98	34	16.4	No
Wilt Chamberlain	1971-72	35	15.8	No
Michael Jordan		1997-98	34	15.8	Yes
Karl Malone		1999-00	36	15.3	No
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar	1980-81	33	14.3	No
LeBron James		2017-18	33	14	???

Henchman of Santa posted:

Andre Drummond sees Westbrook's 16 boards last night and raises him 16 RPG for the year. First player since Rodman to reach that.

code:
Player		Season	TRB in 3P era
Dennis Rodman	1991-92	1530
Dennis Rodman	1993-94	1367
Kevin Willis	1991-92	1258
Andre Drummond	2017-18	1247
Nearly the third most TRBs in this era.

zoux posted:

I'm somewhat concerned because I remember everyone being like "WOW Roger Clemens really is good for his age, what an unbelievable performance for someone his age" and then welp.

If you mean 2005 Roger Clemens with a 1.87 ERA. He was 43 at that point.

• Locked thread