Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

You can just call Murch to hunt the merch from your fellow squid kind.

I have never had Murch bring me what I wanted.

"Oh, you wanted these Krak-on hightops with 4x special up? I found you these Takaroka sandals with 1x bomb resist. Give me 40k"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I just hit profreshional at salmon run and holy poo poo the game has changed.

Wait until you get to 400.

It is a hellscape.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

I have never had Murch bring me what I wanted.

"Oh, you wanted these Krak-on hightops with 4x special up? I found you these Takaroka sandals with 1x bomb resist. Give me 40k"

Huh? I thought when you requested another players gear that’s what you got. Weird. Randomization works with loot boxes but making you wait a day only to offer something else which you can decline just seems like a waste of time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I get exactly what I requested I think but I rarely use Murch.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Pug Rodeo posted:

Huh? I thought when you requested another players gear that’s what you got. Weird. Randomization works with loot boxes but making you wait a day only to offer something else which you can decline just seems like a waste of time.

From what I remember, on a rare (3 star) item, you have a 30% chance to get it perfect, and a 70% chance to get the abilities randomized.

Trinexx
Aug 31, 2007

Ask me about time-shares at scenic Turtle Rock!

From what I remember, on a rare (3 star) item, you have a 30% chance to get it perfect, and a 70% chance to get the abilities randomized.

This is false.

You will always get the main ability with the gear that you ordered.

However chance does come into play is when it decides to give you the sub abilities of the gear you ordered.

I don't know what the actual probabilities are of the top of my head but to get the main ability plus all three of the matching subs like 0.5-1% chance. But if you order something with a main and three subs of swim speed you should never get anything other than swim speed.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I've gotten completely different items before :shrug:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

I've gotten completely different items before :shrug:

Are you sure you didn't accidentally order the wrong item

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Literally the only thing I have ever ordered are orca woven high tops. They're what I want, and if I see any with 3x special charge up I try to grab them. I've done maybe five orders of them.

Last night I checked murch and there was a pair of Enperry shoes :psyduck: . I've also never gotten a good copy.

Trinexx
Aug 31, 2007

Ask me about time-shares at scenic Turtle Rock!
If it's the exact same pair of Enperry Shoes make sure you are using the correct option. Ordering gear from players is on top but the SplatNet2 store is like 4th option down.

If you never buy them then the SplatNet2 item will be go away unless you order amount via the app

Edit: misread post initially. Yeah if it's from the usual thing then you might have ordered something else that went into your queue and popped up on that day. Completely Random items from the top option shouldn't be happening.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

you get the item with the exact main ability, and then a chance for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd sub ability slots to have the exact sub ability or be empty. if you think it's different and believe you were delivered items that are wildly different than what you ordered then you got dementia my dude

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Apr 13, 2018

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I always thought it was the same item but the main ability could be different.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Pretty sure the main is whatever you ordered but the subs can differ between what you ordered and nothing.

It's worth remembering that you can have a queue of 3 items from squids in the square at a time though, and they are only available for 24 hours before it moves onto the next.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/984702820644540418

:rip: Autobomb Launcher. Though if you kept up with the datamines, you would have already known it was gone. :v:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

The Tri-Slosher Nouveau arrives tomorrow to your nearest sandbox. Comes with Splat Bombs and Ink Storm.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Oh dear.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Argas posted:

I always thought it was the same item but the main ability could be different.

Nope, what you're thinking of is that the gear available on splatnet has different main abilities than the gear available in the normal stores. When you order gear from a player's outfit, it will always have the same main ability and the sub abilities will either be the same or one or more of them will be empty (as others have already pointed out).

Unless the gear is perfect, I actually hope that the sub abilities are empty because each non-empty sub ability increases the price by a lot.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I hope Splatoon 3 lets us just not deal with gear rerolls or at least makes it far less time consuming. 30 chunks for the final slot of a gear is ridiculous.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

The Tri-Slosher Nouveau arrives tomorrow to your nearest sandbox. Comes with Splat Bombs and Ink Storm.

Neat. It probably won't get me to ditch ink armor but I'll ty it this weekend.

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004

Dugong posted:

I hope Splatoon 3 lets us just not deal with gear rerolls or at least makes it far less time consuming. 30 chunks for the final slot of a gear is ridiculous.

At least as ridiculous as assuming Nintendo is forcing your hand to create only pure gear. You can just take those same 30 chunks, spend 10 on each piece of clothing, and have the same subs. Playing to the gear's favored ability or using drinks when grinding chunks, you'll probably roll singles anyway and won't need as many.

If you're still convinced that pure is the only way to go, I've found that grinding chunks in Salmon Run is the best way to get them, it's not a bad grind at all, and that by the time you've made a couple different pieces of pure gear, you're generally pretty close to 30 on a number of other abilities.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rolling full perfect on stuff is just a bar to keep my brain occupied while playing ranked and league for a zillion hours. It's not really necessary and you will probably get a set of perfect gear for like 4-6 abilities in a handful of hours, if your mind is set to it.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Shame Boner posted:

At least as ridiculous as assuming Nintendo is forcing your hand to create only pure gear. You can just take those same 30 chunks, spend 10 on each piece of clothing, and have the same subs. Playing to the gear's favored ability or using drinks when grinding chunks, you'll probably roll singles anyway and won't need as many.

If you're still convinced that pure is the only way to go, I've found that grinding chunks in Salmon Run is the best way to get them, it's not a bad grind at all, and that by the time you've made a couple different pieces of pure gear, you're generally pretty close to 30 on a number of other abilities.

Does spreading abilities over three pieces of gear stack the same way as making three pieces of pure gear, assuming you're going for three separate abilities?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Does spreading abilities over three pieces of gear stack the same way as making three pieces of pure gear, assuming you're going for three separate abilities?

Sure. One sub constitutes 3/10 of a main, so it doesn't really matter where you stick them. It's just convenient to have a pure gear.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Sure. One sub constitutes 3/10 of a main, so it doesn't really matter where you stick them. It's just convenient to have a pure gear.

What the gently caress have I been doing with my life :negative:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Yeah the first week the game came out I pretty much decided on a simple Splattershot build and got double Run Speed on every piece and then filled out the third slot with Swim Speed. Those have all since been wiped because pure gear is much easier to mix and match for different weapons/modes/builds, but ultimately if you are getting started and want to feel "competitive" you can cheat a working set very very easily.

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004
I go back and forth on whether I make pure pieces because it is easier to mix 'n match abilities at the expense of freshness (usually), or spread the chunks out and treat an entire outfit as a "build" for maximum freshness. I tend to use generic/versatile clothing bits to make pure gear from (e.g. fake contacts, grey/black hoodies and shoes, etc.). Of course if you're spending the time and money to make hyperfresh pure outfits, more power to you.

Big Nubbins fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Apr 13, 2018

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Just what the tri-slosher needed, a way to finish off disengaging targets :suicide:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Just downloaded the Nintendo app, even though it's a little barren since the only associated game I own in Splatoon 2. It's fun to look at the stats.

Having a lot of success in my low level with the Aerospray MG. Consistently getting >900p even with the occasional defeat. Compared to my stats when I was using the starter roller I can see why I got some knowing head shakes; out of 11 matches my highest score was 869p(nice). Mean was around 660 or so.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I was consistently getting 1k p with a carbon roller, but it was boring. I just hit 20 so I got the undercover brella and have been getting 900+p and ALSO splatting dudes, which is way more fun for my playstyle.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

LawfulWaffle posted:

Just downloaded the Nintendo app, even though it's a little barren since the only associated game I own in Splatoon 2. It's fun to look at the stats.

Having a lot of success in my low level with the Aerospray MG. Consistently getting >900p even with the occasional defeat. Compared to my stats when I was using the starter roller I can see why I got some knowing head shakes; out of 11 matches my highest score was 869p(nice). Mean was around 660 or so.

Yeah, I've been using the Aerospray in turf war. It "feels" like an ineffective weapon but then you top the score board?

When's the inkjet or ink armor version.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

If all is right in the world, never. Aerospray with Ink Armor would be dumb as poo poo.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Use the Splattershot Jr. or N-Zap 85 if you want spray weapons with Ink Armor.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Apr 13, 2018

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm screaming right now

https://twitter.com/In__Training/status/984953325127897090

this is the most emotional a game has made me since i finished Nier Automata

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

I'm screaming right now

https://twitter.com/In__Training/status/984953325127897090

this is the most emotional a game has made me since i finished Nier Automata

powerful

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tri Slosher Nouveau seems fine but I definitely wont be switching off the original kit anytime soon. Snagging kills with burst bombs, banking off geometry and catching corners, undeniably godlike. But the weapon ink usage seems identical and it uses way too much to throw out splat bombs without staying at distance, which is antithetical to the bucket boys mantra imo.

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004
:stare:

https://twitter.com/switchdotjpeg/status/985298076930793472?s=20

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Use. Your. Specials.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Yep, there was quite a bit that could have been done to get past that wave. Specials are great for handling emergencies like that, since they deal a ton of damage to Salmonids to get them out of the way.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

Use. Your. Specials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Two weeks till 3.0, probably. Assuming it will be a Friday night update like usual and that they won't release it the same day as Labo.