Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

FAU has always been trash but this is still loving stupid and lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Also so conveniently the new NC video hits youtube minutes after the non-apology stream starts.

Obvious attempt at distracting the fanbase from the truth. They are so amazingly bad at this.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 14, 2018

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Darth Walrus posted:

I may be misremembering the details, but I think it was a mod challenge LK placed where a certain poster had to post ‘baba booey’ once a day for a month or be banned. One day, LK probated them, so they couldn’t meet their deadline. They PM’d ‘baba booey’ to LK as compensation, but LK didn’t accept it and banned them. The admins decided this was unreasonably vindictive, and demodded LK.

SA drama is loving bizarre.

Hey Lorne, I think you did a fine job and did not deserve to be de-modded. But in a way this is hilarious and petty so please don't sweat it. :)

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

I may be misremembering the details, but I think it was a mod challenge LK placed where a certain poster had to post ‘baba booey’ once a day for a month or be banned. One day, LK probated them, so they couldn’t meet their deadline. They PM’d ‘baba booey’ to LK as compensation, but LK didn’t accept it and banned them. The admins decided this was unreasonably vindictive, and demodded LK.

I think LK's in the wrong here, but demodding is a bit of an overreaction on the admins' part.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Also, in regards to my comments about Count Jackula: apparently he's calmed down a lot since the GG nonsense and a lot of his issues with a few other CA folks were miscommunication. He misread a lot of signals from fellow producers at the time. I'm more of the opinion now he said some stupid things on a few streams out of frustration and his firing from CA was stepping on Michaud or the Walkers' toes at some point rather than him being a jackass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO-8e68T0ko

He did a response video to the whole CA thing and it feels like a pretty level headed insight into his experiences behind the scenes. He does try and blame "SJW" politics at one point and people seeing him as "alt right" though. I think he's 100% correct that there was a lot of clique politics at CA as that's pretty much inevitable. It just gradually moved to the point only Doug's clique mattered.

EDIT: /\ that is glorious. I want Larry to use that as his twitter icon for a while.

EDIT2: the Iron Liz stuff from Nick's stream. This is too hard to listen to...

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 14, 2018

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

What about Iron Liz now? Last I saw anything of them it looked like they'd turned into one of the cheetoman's cultists and were defending the pathetic "Remove transpeople from the military" poo poo.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Yardbomb posted:

What about Iron Liz now? Last I saw anything of them it looked like they'd turned into one of the cheetoman's cultists and were defending the pathetic "Remove transpeople from the military" poo poo.

Down the Rabbit Hole is airing an audio recording between himself and Liz where she goes into her experience surrounding Carmical.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Yardbomb posted:

Nick interviewed her. After her relationship with Linkara broke up, she was trying to join the army (but couldn't due to the ban) and instead trained to be a police officer. Because she was almost through police training, she was crisis certified and consoled one of Justin's victims (not the one mentioned in the docs) on the set of Suburban Knights. There's more but I'll let folks listen to the stream for it.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 14, 2018

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Unless I misheard she didn't aid the victim on set. That part of her account was just about the phone thing. :(

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Yardbomb posted:

Liz did some work on Suburban Knights and was treated like poo poo by the management, and contributed to the document. In this case she should get support (though the "Narrative Heretic" stuff is questionanlble for sure).

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Mokinokaro posted:

There's more but I'll let folks listen to the stream for it.

Big fat hot tip, turn the chat off though.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
And the CA forums were finally killed.

Apparently the one admin for them quit a few days ago.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Looks like the CA forums quit the website.

EDIT: drat, beaten.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Stream's done. Fred stuck to the written response and didn't really go into the Justin allegations beyond the aforementioned Liz interview. He did however say that he will be doing a proper Down the Rabbit Hole on Channel Awesome once this all calms down.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Well that response by Channel Awesome is disturbing the way Knudsen puts it. Just ten points of empty rhetoric covering their asses, and one point at the beginning where they out the identity of a sex-offender almost casually.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Mraagvpeine posted:

Looks like the CA forums quit the website.

EDIT: drat, beaten.

They also closed the store section. Feels like a phased shutdown.

EDIT: Blogs section seems to be outright deleted but I suspect it was running on the same backend as the forums.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Apr 14, 2018

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Looks like it's down to Brad and Larry now.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
https://twitter.com/mrfeelswildride/status/984864321468379136

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

business hammocks posted:

There was some discussion of your demodding in a qcs thread on mod feedback. I went there to try to stump for you, but the matter seems closed. I don’t really understand the reasons given for demodding you.

Thanks, I appreciate the support.

The (long) short of it is:

1) A user was posting a Howard Stern related running gag in the Howard Stern thread. To refrain from drawing too much attention to this user, I'll just call him "The Petty loving Whiny poo poo-Fucker Known as Immortal Anime", or "Immortal Anime" for short.
2) A bunch of baby-pants Howard Stern fans got upset at an unfunny, worn-out "joke", which is super ironic given who they listen to.
3) I get near daily reports of "Immortal Anime posted Baba Booey wah wah". I laugh and file them under "Ignore". So let this be on the record, I was on the side of Immortal Anime and actively defending him against false reports of "thread-making GBS threads".
4) Some 50+ reports over several weeks later, I figure fine, let's make this fair. Post, to effect "Since this is a running joke, I will allow it as long as it's running. For as long as IA posts this once a day, every day, it isn't banned. Everyone else also is allowed to post this once a day with no repercussions. BUT if IA misses even a single day, the running joke has stopped running, and I'll agree it's thread-making GBS threads. Anyone posting it gets a probe/ban. I probably won't monitor it, so you have to let me know that the rule was broken. Anyone complaining to me around it gets a probation."
5) So it's a bog-standard "SomethingAwful is nonesense" thread rule. As is the, as I keep hearing, "SomethingAwful Culture".
6) IA misses a day, and the rule kicks in.
7) Some people explicitly test the rule, and get reported. They get a probation and/or ban. All is good and everyone is happy.
8) Some time later, someone else breaks the rule.
9) IA starts whining "MODS!". Literally. It's in the thread, you can go see it yourself. He also sends me a PM complaining about it. Note that this is against the rules, that everyone else was adhering too.
10) In the interest of fairness, I punish the original poster-- but also give Immortal Anime a short probation for breaking the rules. Maybe it was a day? I can't be arsed to check.
10.5) Again, can't be arsed, but I think for coming off his short probe-- wait, I think it was coming off the probe AND posting in the Howard Stern thread something like "gently caress you bitch rear end mod you can't touch me". Yeah, I think that was it. Well, that's just above and beyond any thread-rule thing. That's just rudeness and sass. So he gets a month probe for being so willfully brazen. I honestly don't care about the insults myself, but it isn't a good look to let someone who is already annoying the thread get away with off-topic straight out insults.
11) All seems well. Then Immortal Anime poops his diaper like a baby and starts to cry like a wussy to his friends who are mods in another thread.
12) They give him a short probation for something else. Depending on who you believe, it was either for breaking a rule in a different subforum (which happened to have the sideeffect of cancelling out the month-long probation-- that's how the SA mod system works for some reason)-- or it was doing that just as a cover story for intentionally evading a probation under a flimsy excuse. I think we can guess which way I lean now.
12.5) In fact, take special note of #12. IA was on probation, so he couldn't have posted something NEW that got him probated. That means that a moderator went back to an old post, and probated him for that. An old post. In the past. Keep a note of that.
13) I send a PM to the moderator "Hey, just an FYI, that user is on a month-long probe, just so we don't override each others' probes", because I figured it was an honest mistake. I don't hear anything back from that mod. Since I have no idea how that mod is related, and can't check on the mod queue anymore, I'll withhold that name.
14) I also make a post in the moderator subforums pretty much the same FYI, since I figure that's the best way to communicate with the other mods. In the mod subforum. For moderators. Where moderators talk to each other. Y'know.
15) An admin basically says "I retracted the overriding probe, I'll keep an eye on it". I say thank you.
16) I start getting PMs from several users alerting me that, once again, Immortal Anime has had his buddies short-circuit his probation. People are noticing that he's circumventing the rules, which is, again, not a good look. In fact, in the reading I did when I became a mod, I was under the impression that evading a probe or ban was itself a bannable / permabannable offense.
17) I re-queue the month ban because that is only fair.
18) Poopy-pants Immortal Anime, now that he's hidden under the skirt of his Mommy, sticks his tongue out at me, because he is a very mature adult. He starts emailing me PMs that range from insults to threats to nigh-doxxing. (Well, he thought he was being a Big Boy by insinuating he doxxed me, but since all he actually unearthed was one of the top hits when you google my name, it wasn't very impressive. For the record, it was the Master Chef Canada audition tape I put together for a laugh: https://vimeo.com/70910715).
19) I reply cordially to him, explaining at first that the most ironinc thing about his tantrum is that he actually had my support for his running joke. I had been explicitly protecting him-- rejecting requests to probate him for the running joke, and in fact came up with the thread rule to not only CONTINUE the running joke, but to actively punish anyone who tried to stop him. And instead he turn an ally into an enemy all on his own. My last PM to him is to calmly say "Look, my PMs are for moderator related communications. So unless this is official business, please don't PM me.". In other words, "I'm asking you nicely to stop trying to harass me, and I'm making that clear. This is me giving you an out to just walk away and not escalate this."
20) His response is to throw more mod sass. Like most "tee hee I'm being so clever" idiots, the words themselves are innocuous, but the intention is blatant. I don't like people like that. I really don't.
21) I do make these conversations and PM mod sass known in the Moderator threads. The message I get is basically "Yeah, people sassing in PM is a no-no, and is usually a punishable offense". Gotcha.
22) So, since I can't take an action on a PM (a mod can only action on posts in their own subform), I go back to find a post by Immortal Anime to action on. I was under the impression that you can't submit a probation on a post that already had a probation against it. I might have been mistaking, I can't confirm that-- typing this I might have been thinking "a user can't SUBMIT a mod report on a post that's already been reported". The first one I come across that hasn't been actioned on is one of his joke posts. I put a, I want to say 1 or 3 day on it. Kinda a subtle acknowledgement to the people who are already probing him for 1 or 3 days. It's short enough that if they try to evade it, they'll only make it longer by effect.
23) I start to get harassing PMs from Immortal Anime's friends. They are "harassing" in the same way-- innocuous phrase, intention is clear. I honestly don't care because it's a PM, but it's amusing in a way that watching a child trying to walk in Daddy's shoes is. They're just trying SO HARD to be Big Boy. But I don't really want a PM box full of people sending me these, so I respond with what is effectively a form letter, with the same intention as the one I sent to IA. "Thanks for emailing, I appreciate you taking the time. However, this PM is for mod business, etc, etc". If anyone has ever worked customer service, you know exactly how you handle an irate customer. They either want help, which you're here for them, or they want to yell, in which case you need to end the conversation. With a smile. I get a couple "you're weird" replies, but the PMs go away.
23.5) For the record, those PM users are, since you can easily cross-reference with people who are crying and lying in the QQcs thread: "pog boyfriend", "stay safe", "grumple wumpkins", and the lovely "gently caress My rear end".
24) All of the above is basically communicated in the Moderator sub-forum too, because I like to give co-workers a heads-up when a shitstorm is brewing, because there can be splash back. Also, so that if they're getting PMs or complaints with lies in them (again I'll point you to the QQcs thread), they have my version on hand. Silly me, I thought the word of a moderator, who is also a poster in good standing with the forum, would have more weight than some trolls with a grudge.
25) At this point, FactsAreUseless says he won't protect my month long probation. Whatever.
26) I log in and I'm demodded. (I wasn't aware of what's going on in QQcs thread at the time)
26.5) Now that I *AM* aware of that thread, remember what I said about point 12? "IA was on probation, so he couldn't have posted something NEW that got him probated. That means that a moderator went back to an old post, and probated him for that. An old post. In the past.". So yeah, check out that QQcs thread-- and note that the thing his buddies are complaining about is that he was probated for. The exact same thing. Funny how they can do one thing, then complain about other people do that same thing. Hmm, almost as if they're being-- disingenuous or something.
27) You'll note there is no bullet-point here where anyone from the Admin team says "Hey, Lorne, there's some performance we're unhappy about, so let's talk about it like adults to come to a mutually beneficial outcome". Or "We're thinking of demodding you, can you give us your side of this situation".
28) I log in and find I'm demodded, and a message from FactsAreUseless saying "I don't know if that's the way to phrase it, and I've never sent one of these before, so this will be super awkward. Anyway, we've demodded you. You seem like you're trying to be very serious and professional about moderation, but in a way that isn't really compatible with the forums. Thanks for all the work you put into RGD. I appreciate it."
29) What the gently caress? "serious and professional" about moderation. Yeah, no poo poo, that's what you do in a position of power and responsibility. And "serious", what the gently caress, have you ever read one of my posts? Did you SEE the goddamn hoop-jumpy stupid fun thread rule I put into place? And your appreciation is to demod me with no discussion? I feel REAL appreciated there, buddy.
30) And you will notice the "we" in there. Yeah, so, after talking with some other mods & admins though basically a few "What happened?!?" emails, trying to understand what happened, the messaging I get back is "We're surprised too. There was no discussion about this. No one on the admin team was part of this decision, just FactsAreUseless. Sorry."
31) I write this "short" post.

tldr: So there you go. A pissy-baby shitfucker known as Immortal Anime gets special privileges from a moderator. He then manages to still mess that up, and gets punished for it. He whines to his friends who help him evade punishment. He throws abuse, and gets punished for it. His friends whine, lie and misrepresent what happened. The whining makes it's way to an admin who is friends with the whiny babies. The admin acts on his own to demod me.

And what would a post be without some screenshots?

Immortal Anime going "wah wah my friends like me better i'm not mad ur mad it was just a joke and u don't like fun" (again, remember, the entire point of these rules was to LET him have his annoying fun). Note the pathetic attempt at "doxxing" there.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

Darth Walrus posted:

Darth Walrus, you are horribly incorrect.

Edit: (see, I'm editing rather than posting a new post, everyone is happy!) -- I appreciate the words of support. It does take away the sting. I wuv you guys.

Except Mr. Bibbs. I guess I-- tolerate you?

lornekates fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 14, 2018

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

lornekates posted:

Thanks, I appreciate the support.

The (long) short of it is:

1) A user was posting a Howard Stern related running gag in the Howard Stern thread. To refrain from drawing too much attention to this user, I'll just call him "The Petty loving Whiny poo poo-Fucker Known as Immortal Anime", or "Immortal Anime" for short.
2) A bunch of baby-pants Howard Stern fans got upset at an unfunny, worn-out "joke", which is super ironic given who they listen to.
3) I get near daily reports of "Immortal Anime posted Baba Booey wah wah". I laugh and file them under "Ignore". So let this be on the record, I was on the side of Immortal Anime and actively defending him against false reports of "thread-making GBS threads".
4) Some 50+ reports over several weeks later, I figure fine, let's make this fair. Post, to effect "Since this is a running joke, I will allow it as long as it's running. For as long as IA posts this once a day, every day, it isn't banned. Everyone else also is allowed to post this once a day with no repercussions. BUT if IA misses even a single day, the running joke has stopped running, and I'll agree it's thread-making GBS threads. Anyone posting it gets a probe/ban. I probably won't monitor it, so you have to let me know that the rule was broken. Anyone complaining to me around it gets a probation."
5) So it's a bog-standard "SomethingAwful is nonesense" thread rule. As is the, as I keep hearing, "SomethingAwful Culture".
6) IA misses a day, and the rule kicks in.
7) Some people explicitly test the rule, and get reported. They get a probation and/or ban. All is good and everyone is happy.
8) Some time later, someone else breaks the rule.
9) IA starts whining "MODS!". Literally. It's in the thread, you can go see it yourself. He also sends me a PM complaining about it. Note that this is against the rules, that everyone else was adhering too.
10) In the interest of fairness, I punish the original poster-- but also give Immortal Anime a short probation for breaking the rules. Maybe it was a day? I can't be arsed to check.
10.5) Again, can't be arsed, but I think for coming off his short probe-- wait, I think it was coming off the probe AND posting in the Howard Stern thread something like "gently caress you bitch rear end mod you can't touch me". Yeah, I think that was it. Well, that's just above and beyond any thread-rule thing. That's just rudeness and sass. So he gets a month probe for being so willfully brazen. I honestly don't care about the insults myself, but it isn't a good look to let someone who is already annoying the thread get away with off-topic straight out insults.
11) All seems well. Then Immortal Anime poops his diaper like a baby and starts to cry like a wussy to his friends who are mods in another thread.
12) They give him a short probation for something else. Depending on who you believe, it was either for breaking a rule in a different subforum (which happened to have the sideeffect of cancelling out the month-long probation-- that's how the SA mod system works for some reason)-- or it was doing that just as a cover story for intentionally evading a probation under a flimsy excuse. I think we can guess which way I lean now.
12.5) In fact, take special note of #12. IA was on probation, so he couldn't have posted something NEW that got him probated. That means that a moderator went back to an old post, and probated him for that. An old post. In the past. Keep a note of that.
13) I send a PM to the moderator "Hey, just an FYI, that user is on a month-long probe, just so we don't override each others' probes", because I figured it was an honest mistake. I don't hear anything back from that mod. Since I have no idea how that mod is related, and can't check on the mod queue anymore, I'll withhold that name.
14) I also make a post in the moderator subforums pretty much the same FYI, since I figure that's the best way to communicate with the other mods. In the mod subforum. For moderators. Where moderators talk to each other. Y'know.
15) An admin basically says "I retracted the overriding probe, I'll keep an eye on it". I say thank you.
16) I start getting PMs from several users alerting me that, once again, Immortal Anime has had his buddies short-circuit his probation. People are noticing that he's circumventing the rules, which is, again, not a good look. In fact, in the reading I did when I became a mod, I was under the impression that evading a probe or ban was itself a bannable / permabannable offense.
17) I re-queue the month ban because that is only fair.
18) Poopy-pants Immortal Anime, now that he's hidden under the skirt of his Mommy, sticks his tongue out at me, because he is a very mature adult. He starts emailing me PMs that range from insults to threats to nigh-doxxing. (Well, he thought he was being a Big Boy by insinuating he doxxed me, but since all he actually unearthed was one of the top hits when you google my name, it wasn't very impressive. For the record, it was the Master Chef Canada audition tape I put together for a laugh: https://vimeo.com/70910715).
19) I reply cordially to him, explaining at first that the most ironinc thing about his tantrum is that he actually had my support for his running joke. I had been explicitly protecting him-- rejecting requests to probate him for the running joke, and in fact came up with the thread rule to not only CONTINUE the running joke, but to actively punish anyone who tried to stop him. And instead he turn an ally into an enemy all on his own. My last PM to him is to calmly say "Look, my PMs are for moderator related communications. So unless this is official business, please don't PM me.". In other words, "I'm asking you nicely to stop trying to harass me, and I'm making that clear. This is me giving you an out to just walk away and not escalate this."
20) His response is to throw more mod sass. Like most "tee hee I'm being so clever" idiots, the words themselves are innocuous, but the intention is blatant. I don't like people like that. I really don't.
21) I do make these conversations and PM mod sass known in the Moderator threads. The message I get is basically "Yeah, people sassing in PM is a no-no, and is usually a punishable offense". Gotcha.
22) So, since I can't take an action on a PM (a mod can only action on posts in their own subform), I go back to find a post by Immortal Anime to action on. I was under the impression that you can't submit a probation on a post that already had a probation against it. I might have been mistaking, I can't confirm that-- typing this I might have been thinking "a user can't SUBMIT a mod report on a post that's already been reported". The first one I come across that hasn't been actioned on is one of his joke posts. I put a, I want to say 1 or 3 day on it. Kinda a subtle acknowledgement to the people who are already probing him for 1 or 3 days. It's short enough that if they try to evade it, they'll only make it longer by effect.
23) I start to get harassing PMs from Immortal Anime's friends. They are "harassing" in the same way-- innocuous phrase, intention is clear. I honestly don't care because it's a PM, but it's amusing in a way that watching a child trying to walk in Daddy's shoes is. They're just trying SO HARD to be Big Boy. But I don't really want a PM box full of people sending me these, so I respond with what is effectively a form letter, with the same intention as the one I sent to IA. "Thanks for emailing, I appreciate you taking the time. However, this PM is for mod business, etc, etc". If anyone has ever worked customer service, you know exactly how you handle an irate customer. They either want help, which you're here for them, or they want to yell, in which case you need to end the conversation. With a smile. I get a couple "you're weird" replies, but the PMs go away.
23.5) For the record, those PM users are, since you can easily cross-reference with people who are crying and lying in the QQcs thread: "pog boyfriend", "stay safe", "grumple wumpkins", and the lovely "gently caress My rear end".
24) All of the above is basically communicated in the Moderator sub-forum too, because I like to give co-workers a heads-up when a shitstorm is brewing, because there can be splash back. Also, so that if they're getting PMs or complaints with lies in them (again I'll point you to the QQcs thread), they have my version on hand. Silly me, I thought the word of a moderator, who is also a poster in good standing with the forum, would have more weight than some trolls with a grudge.
25) At this point, FactsAreUseless says he won't protect my month long probation. Whatever.
26) I log in and I'm demodded. (I wasn't aware of what's going on in QQcs thread at the time)
26.5) Now that I *AM* aware of that thread, remember what I said about point 12? "IA was on probation, so he couldn't have posted something NEW that got him probated. That means that a moderator went back to an old post, and probated him for that. An old post. In the past.". So yeah, check out that QQcs thread-- and note that the thing his buddies are complaining about is that he was probated for. The exact same thing. Funny how they can do one thing, then complain about other people do that same thing. Hmm, almost as if they're being-- disingenuous or something.
27) You'll note there is no bullet-point here where anyone from the Admin team says "Hey, Lorne, there's some performance we're unhappy about, so let's talk about it like adults to come to a mutually beneficial outcome". Or "We're thinking of demodding you, can you give us your side of this situation".
28) I log in and find I'm demodded, and a message from FactsAreUseless saying "I don't know if that's the way to phrase it, and I've never sent one of these before, so this will be super awkward. Anyway, we've demodded you. You seem like you're trying to be very serious and professional about moderation, but in a way that isn't really compatible with the forums. Thanks for all the work you put into RGD. I appreciate it."
29) What the gently caress? "serious and professional" about moderation. Yeah, no poo poo, that's what you do in a position of power and responsibility. And "serious", what the gently caress, have you ever read one of my posts? Did you SEE the goddamn hoop-jumpy stupid fun thread rule I put into place? And your appreciation is to demod me with no discussion? I feel REAL appreciated there, buddy.
30) And you will notice the "we" in there. Yeah, so, after talking with some other mods & admins though basically a few "What happened?!?" emails, trying to understand what happened, the messaging I get back is "We're surprised too. There was no discussion about this. No one on the admin team was part of this decision, just FactsAreUseless. Sorry."
31) I write this "short" post.

tldr: So there you go. A pissy-baby shitfucker known as Immortal Anime gets special privileges from a moderator. He then manages to still mess that up, and gets punished for it. He whines to his friends who help him evade punishment. He throws abuse, and gets punished for it. His friends whine, lie and misrepresent what happened. The whining makes it's way to an admin who is friends with the whiny babies. The admin acts on his own to demod me.

And what would a post be without some screenshots?

Immortal Anime going "wah wah my friends like me better i'm not mad ur mad it was just a joke and u don't like fun" (again, remember, the entire point of these rules was to LET him have his annoying fun). Note the pathetic attempt at "doxxing" there.

Jesus christ dude

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

definitely not at all psychotic

e: Note the pathetic attempt at "doxxing" there

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax
baba booey

Pirate Jenny
Mar 28, 2006

Sie wissen nicht, mit wem Sie reden.

Mokinokaro posted:

Also, in regards to my comments about Count Jackula: apparently he's calmed down a lot since the GG nonsense and a lot of his issues with a few other CA folks were miscommunication. He misread a lot of signals from fellow producers at the time. I'm more of the opinion now he said some stupid things on a few streams out of frustration and his firing from CA was stepping on Michaud or the Walkers' toes at some point rather than him being a jackass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO-8e68T0ko

He did a response video to the whole CA thing and it feels like a pretty level headed insight into his experiences behind the scenes. He does try and blame "SJW" politics at one point and people seeing him as "alt right" though. I think he's 100% correct that there was a lot of clique politics at CA as that's pretty much inevitable. It just gradually moved to the point only Doug's clique mattered.

I haven't watched it, because simply existing this week is giving me stress hives, but I'm like... 90% sure I have never interacted with this person. I don't remember anyone describing him as "alt-right" because like... I didn't know him? Didn't talk to him? He seems to have a hate boner for me that seems deeply personal, but I don't recall ever saying anything about him, let alone interacting with him. I know nothing about this person other than he has me blocked on Twitter for some reason, and tweets about me sometimes and our mutuals respond to him.

It is of course possible our paths crossed in a stream or something but I legitimately do not recall such things ever happening. Also, "cliques." Yeah, it's called having friends.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Pirate Jenny posted:

I haven't watched it, because simply existing this week is giving me stress hives, but I'm like... 90% sure I have never interacted with this person. I don't remember anyone describing him as "alt-right" because like... I didn't know him? Didn't talk to him? He seems to have a hate boner for me that seems deeply personal, but I don't recall ever saying anything about him, let alone interacting with him. I know nothing about this person other than he has me blocked on Twitter for some reason, and tweets about me sometimes and our mutuals respond to him.

It is of course possible our paths crossed in a stream or something but I legitimately do not recall such things ever happening. Also, "cliques." Yeah, it's called having friends.

If I remember right, the claim was that somebody in your friend group told him that or something?

Seems kinda strange to bring up something that was, like, five or so years ago and seems really minor.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Pirate Jenny posted:

Well, he was only with CA for a month or two (edit: corrected on that. He just flew under the radar.) so I'm not surprised and you definitely re-contextualised the entire video by saying you don't even remember him. It definitely sounds more like he's playing victim of your "leftist" politics now and has a lot of bitterness over being booted from the site still even if he tries to act chill. I'm guessing the whole controversy opened up old wounds for him (he hasn't done anything but vlogs for a long time now) because he's been on Nash's show and seemed pretty okay there.

I retract my statement as I definitely take your word over his.

EDIT: \/ I am so sad the Ender's Game video didn't put the SJW accusations to bed. I mean that was the perfect refutation of that nonsense.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 14, 2018

DoctorGonzo1969
Apr 8, 2018

Pirate Jenny posted:

I'm pretty sure he hates you because he thinks you're an "SJW", Lindsay. He's also said poo poo about Dan Olson too and has a bizarre hatred towards him.

DoctorGonzo1969
Apr 8, 2018

Mokinokaro posted:

Well, he was only with CA for a month or two so I'm not surprised and you definitely re-contextualised the entire video by saying you don't even remember him. It definitely sounds more like he's playing victim of your "leftist" politics now and has a lot of bitterness over being booted from the site still even if he tries to act chill. I'm guessing the whole controversy opened up old wounds for him (he hasn't done anything but vlogs for a long time now) because he's been on Nash's show and seemed pretty okay there.

I retract my statement as I definitely take your word over his.

He was on CA for like a couple of years, I think? He didn't leave because of political stuff, I recall someone close to him went to the CA forums to confirm that he'd left due to feeling like CA and him weren't really working out or something, nothing political. Of course I wouldn't rule out the possibility that it's bullshit and he really did leave due to politics.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I didn't realize the conspiracy about Dan being a pedo was that he somehow operated a sting operation on 8chan and created the pedo boards himself.

Did I just miss a huge portion of the article?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

DoctorGonzo1969 posted:

He was on CA for like a couple of years, I think? He didn't leave because of political stuff, I recall someone close to him went to the CA forums to confirm that he'd left due to feeling like CA and him weren't really working out or something, nothing political. Of course I wouldn't rule out the possibility that it's bullshit and he really did leave due to politics.

He's just a hard person to read in general I think. It's always been an issue I've had with his non-edited stuff. He varies wildly from seeming like a pretty chill dude to a frothing lunatic depending on what he's talking about.

And yeah he was on CA for a year or two. He collaborated a lot with HorrorGuru (another guy who was mostly under the radar there) with his own stuff being more limited. Calls himself a left-leaning centrist but has a HUGE anti-SJW, anti-identity politics bent by the looks of it (yet as he gets along with Hagan not sure how deep it really goes.)

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Apr 14, 2018

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Roth posted:

I didn't realize the conspiracy about Dan being a pedo was that he somehow operated a sting operation on 8chan and created the pedo boards himself.

Did I just miss a huge portion of the article?

Some goon seems to have taken a screenshot of Dan's post yesterday and put it on Twitter and a bunch of trolls took to it like flies to poo poo as "proof" he's a pedophile.

Pirate Jenny
Mar 28, 2006

Sie wissen nicht, mit wem Sie reden.

Roth posted:

If I remember right, the claim was that somebody in your friend group told him that or something?

Seems kinda strange to bring up something that was, like, five or so years ago and seems really minor.

That is some next-level sense of self-importance... I mean, this is not a person I have ever really thought about until now. The term "alt-right" wasn't a thing back then and we were hardly concurrent at the site at all. I wouldn't even bring this up, but it is bothering me seeing so many people believing him and parroting "oh, what a BITCH, what a MEAN GIRL" based on something one of our mutuals told him. I swear I did not interact with this person nor did I have any opinions about him, let alone opinion enough that I might have relayed to someone else.

I mean, I probably would have come to similar conclusions if he is the type of person to blame things on "The SJWs" and the fact that he tweets about me all the time, so it's not an unfounded assumption. But I don't remember casting aspersions on him to our mutual friends. Because I don't think about him. Because I don't know him.

Pirate Jenny fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Apr 14, 2018

DoctorGonzo1969
Apr 8, 2018

Mokinokaro posted:

He's just a hard person to read in general I think. It's always been an issue I've had with his non-edited stuff. He varies wildly from seeming like a pretty chill dude to a frothing lunatic depending on what he's talking about.

And yeah he was on CA for a year or two. He collaborated a lot with HorrorGuru (another guy who was mostly under the radar there) with his own stuff being more limited. Calls himself a left-leaning centrist but has a HUGE anti-SJW, anti-identity politics bent by the looks of it (yet as he gets along with Hagan not sure how deep it really goes.)

Yeah his views are...weird quite often. I've only watched three of his reviews and I'd liked them, but he wound up focusing less on those and more on making vlogs of him ranting about dumb poo poo. His Twitter is half him ranting sometimes and half him retweeting naked women (which as Dan Olson posted before, is why he'd blocked Jackula). I wouldn't say he's full blown alt right but he at the very least shares some of their views while opposing a lot of them at the same time.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Pirate Jenny posted:

I mean, I probably would have come to similar conclusions if he is the type of person to blame things on "The SJWs" and the fact that he tweets about me all the time, so it's not an unfounded assumption. But I don't remember casting aspersions on him to our mutual friends. Because I don't think about him. Because I don't care.

I apologise completely for believing his poo poo.

Lucavi
May 12, 2002

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Since RGD modding discussion is happening here, anyone is welcome to PM me suggestions. I posted this in QCS but I'd much rather hear from RGD regulars. Whether you think they'd be a good mod or an IK, just tell me a bit about them and link their profile. Thank you.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

FoldableHuman and Bravestofthelamps as co-mods.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Honestly I don't post on RGD outside of this thread, but I though LK did a good job and, considering the content being discussed in the last week, the response to Mel's foray into the thread was handled alright. Things can absolutely get too tense in here, but from my experience lornekates has not been antagonistic and was trying to keep things civil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Alaois and Bravestofthelamps as co-mods. Would be great watching them probe/ban each other. :tif: