Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

howe_sam posted:

Blegh, no sense in watching now that drat near twenty minutes have passed. When does the show go up on OnDemand?

It's starting from the beginning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I can see that.

Deke is going to die because Simmons and Fitz went swanning off isn't he?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

May rules.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
That was the Captain America pod, right?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

GLOSS posted:

That was the Captain America pod, right?

Sure looked like it.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

good call goon who questioned if the arms should work with Yo-Yo's powers

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

FitzSimmons never leaving each other's side anymore. :3:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Maaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lol Deke

e: ooooh my brain is falling

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

nooooooooooooooooooooo

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Oh god dammit...

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh goddamnit Talbot nooooo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I guess Creel is still alive. Wood transformation did save him.

nooneofconsequence posted:

good call goon who questioned if the arms should work with Yo-Yo's powers

So how did Yo-yo move Mack into the cell last episode? :iiam:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Talbot noooo compliance will not be rewarded :smith:

What the gently caress is up with Talbot's wife? Did HYDRA iron the wrinkles out of her brain too? Also Piper is really growing on me, not the least of which is because she looks like how Daisy does in the comics and I'm pretty sure it's deliberate.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Probably too early to speculate, but I'm guessing the importance of Deke is that, if he hadn't gone to assist Daisy in the snow fight, Daisy would've been captured?

I dunno, just a thought.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chokes McGee posted:

What the gently caress is up with Talbot's wife? Did HYDRA iron the wrinkles out of her brain too? Also Piper is really growing on me, not the least of which is because she looks like how Daisy does in the comics and I'm pretty sure it's deliberate.

I just assumed they were threatening her and her son and she didn't have much of a choice. "Repeat these meaningless words and we'll leave you and your kid alone or you all die, including your missing husband".

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Hell is the absence of God, and being trapped in a horrible corridor for eternity is Hell for most people.

But, you know, pop culture things like Santa, The Easter Bunny, Sky Daddy, Pitchfork Demons With Fire Pits sort of work their way into public consciousness on their own.

My point is that a bunch of shows for budget reasons depict hell in the lamest possible way which was :thejoke: the poster I was quoting made about how hell would look in SHIELD, not the validity of modern-versus-medieval interpretations of hell in christian tradition.

Open Source Idiom posted:

Salem did the proper Biblical Hell -- fire, brimstone, devil and hordes of the damned. That show properly committed to it, and was pretty insane.

Not a standout show in most respects, but it did have gumption.

Edit: I googled some of it and drat you're right, that would fit good with Ghost Rider. That's a hell Frollo would be proud to sing about.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Apr 14, 2018

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Elentor posted:

My point is that a bunch of shows for budget reasons depict hell in the lamest possible way which was :thejoke: the poster I was quoting made about how hell would look in SHIELD, not the validity of modern-versus-medieval interpretations of hell in christian tradition.

The shittiest hell definitely belongs to Supernatural, because there hell is an abandon pizza parlor basement filled with endless Microsoft IT goons

Chokes McGee posted:

Talbot noooo compliance will not be rewarded :smith:

I bet dollars to donuts they have their son and if she didn't read those words her son would have gotten introduced to the arm slicer 3000 (though probably aimed at the neck)

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I guess Creel is still alive. Wood transformation did save him.

I really appreciate the fact the production staff actually cares about this show enough to do things like give us a big, wide, clear telegraphing that Creel was going to die then a dramatic moment where Creel should have died but then he was too awesome to die and didn't. A lot of shows would have either just ganked him or had no lead up it seems like and I absolutely believe this was super intentional.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Apr 14, 2018

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Arist posted:

Lol I caught up for tonight and we're gonna get pre-empted by loving Trump

howe_sam posted:

As if I needed another loving reason to hate Trump :argh:

nooneofconsequence posted:

this is the worst thing Trump has ever done

Everybody relax. He's talking up a show while limp-dickedly bombing an oversized parking lot that is the internationally designated punching bag area of Syria, after giving everyone lots of time to pull out and making sure not to hit any Russian or Iranian interests.

The whole thing is a bullshit bit of political theater. We're not going to war. The media is bullshit. I'm actually outright frustrated and annoyed they still excitedly try to make this into a big deal instead of calling it out for the no-balls political theater it actually is. Literally not one single loving thing will change in Syria status quo, not one.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

Dallas super didn't pull it off and what you're talking about is one of the most infamous middle-fingers to fans of a show to ever happen. People were furious.

There is a slight chance that they were being sarcastic

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Deke is delightful drunk and high. He's a keeper.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

ApeHawk posted:

Probably too early to speculate, but I'm guessing the importance of Deke is that, if he hadn't gone to assist Daisy in the snow fight, Daisy would've been captured?

I dunno, just a thought.

This would be awesome. Not sure how it all connects up, but awesome.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rocksicles posted:

Deke is delightful drunk and high. He's a keeper.

Deke is the total best addition to the cast. I really hope he stays on next season since it sounds like that's probably happening.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Ruby got her rear end handed to her pretty quickly. Turns out wanting to fight Quake is a really bad idea at this point.

Deke is definitely the key to unbreaking the future and he will probably fade away once they succeed.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Ruby got her rear end handed to her pretty quickly. Turns out wanting to fight Quake is a really bad idea at this point.

Deke is definitely the key to unbreaking the future and he will probably fade away once they succeed.

It was so very satisfying to see Quake winning.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Deke is great but I still miss Mace.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ojjeorago posted:

Fitz didn't.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Fitz didn't.

Too soon.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ojjeorago posted:

Mace was a good character. I really dug Mace and was bummed when he died in the framework saving people who would be ultimately erased anyway. (I still hope they save some characters from the framework in future episodes, they have brought it up a few times and made it clear they were more than code).

Deke may have started out as budget Star Lord (and still strikes me as the kind of guy who would be an immediate BFF with Star Lord) but he really does fit the show exceedingly well. I'm going to be bummed if he doesn't make it to next season. Like he said, "I just got here!"

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Ruby seems to be intentionally written to be a reckless fool. If you're going up against Quake you think you'd have, I don't know, a plan to deal with her Quaking powers?

Also I don't think things work on Back to the Future fade-away rules.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 14, 2018

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Blazing Ownager posted:

Ruby seems to be intentionally written to be a reckless fool. If you're going up against Quake you think you'd have, I don't know, a plan to deal with her Quaking powers?

Her entire thing is her ambition exceeding her actual skills. Striker's basically using her and she doesn't realize it.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mokinokaro posted:

Her entire thing is her ambition exceeding her actual skills. Striker's basically using her and she doesn't realize it.

I kind of hope it's a glorious four-way clusterfuck that goes into the machine

Daisy, Creel, Modok and Ruby ultrapower deathmatch

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
The simplest way this can all end is for Ruby to end up being infused and is then quaked into the fear dimension when that thing's containment is broken.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Elentor posted:

I just assumed they were threatening her and her son and she didn't have much of a choice. "Repeat these meaningless words and we'll leave you and your kid alone or you all die, including your missing husband".

Yeah, she seemed very much under duress to me. "If you want your son to be ok read this script." We'll see.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Deke may have started out as budget Star Lord
I still love the sort of inference I've looked into him having the Star Lord-esque mask as it being a nod to the MCU as "yeah, this is just generic space technology that in Deke's time is actually way, way antiquated and refuge from when Quill has it." Quill is a scavenger of space junk and Deke is a scavenger of space junk decades later. Turns out some of the junk is the same tech. Its the sort of references SHIELD does like with the magic stuff last season that had no true connection to Doctor Strange but clearly took cues from it to match.

Blazing Ownager posted:

She's a teenager who was raised in a military cult to be "The Destroyer of Worlds" by a mother who was raised in a military cult to birth the ruler of the world by a mad scientist Nazi who may or may not have worshiped a super human squid god. I don't think we have to really sit here very long to figure out why she's impulsive, brash, and has issues.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So, Gravitonium has a personality now? I still don't quite understand that whole angle.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

GobiasIndustries posted:

So, Gravitonium has a personality now? I still don't quite understand that whole angle.

It sucked up two people (that we know of) and they have become part of it.

It's basically a Space Blob.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S5 - "Do we know any handshakes?"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Deke wants to touch rat-holes with Daisy.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, she seemed very much under duress to me. "If you want your son to be ok read this script." We'll see.

As far as she knows Talbot's been in the care of the Air Force this whole time. She might be reading the script willingly but not know what it means.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

Deke wants to touch rat-holes with Daisy.

Rathole to... rathole? :barf:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Docking ratholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I found this kitty at the Arizona Animal Welfare League today.

I asked an employee if they named it after Phil, and they said yes. I didn't want to correct them on the spelling.