Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

I feel like Christian Bale would have to play Sage for the weight loss aspect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Pirate Jenny posted:

I like to think I'd be a benevolent tyrant - the corruption would take at least a few weeks before it's totally obvious

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The truth of the matter is that most of the power is illusory, and your ultimate boss is absentee parent Lowtax who will occasionally come in promising that this time it will be different, only to disappear after he feels he's been slighted enough.

Wait, so you are saying she would be affiliated with a site plagued by absentee management and poor communication, largely left to fend for herself, while occasionally having her plans ruined by incomprehensible decisions from the higher ups who constantly promise change that is never delivered?

Edit: really though, the parallel I'm still waiting for is Larry showing up in this thread with, like, a 00 regdate pointing out he's been here the whole time too.

Paladin fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Apr 14, 2018

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Paladin posted:

Wait, so you are saying she would be affiliated with a site plagued by absentee management and poor communication, largely left to fend for herself, while occasionally having her plans ruined by incomprehensible decisions from the higher ups who constantly promise change that is never delivered?

No need to worry about exposure or being able to put the time here on your resume, though! :v:

quote:

Edit: really though, the parallel I'm still waiting for is Larry showing up in this thread with, like, a 00 regdate pointing out he's been here the whole time too.

Plot twist: BotL is Larry.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So, I guess we get one last Reverse Rachel Maddow Wall post before either Brad or Larry disappear from the site:

Early March 2018:

Mid April 2018:

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Plot twist: BotL is Larry.

I'd believe it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DoubleCakes posted:

I'd believe it.

I don't. Larry's capable of expressing enjoyment in things.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
What makes you think my joke could stand up under the most superficial scrutiny?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Curses, foiled again by shitposting.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

I don't. Larry's capable of expressing enjoyment in things.

Hey, BOTL has expressed enjoyment of the Gormenghast novels, as well as...

uh, I can't think of much else, but there's that.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Roth posted:

FoldableHuman and Bravestofthelamps as co-mods.
Why do you hate me?

And please, no. Mods can't disappear for 8 months at a time, and I'm pretty sure I can't be trusted to not rage ban someone for having wrong opinions about Jupiter Ascending.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

FoldableHuman posted:

And please, no. Mods can't disappear for 8 months at a time, and I'm pretty sure I can't be trusted to not rage ban someone for having wrong opinions about Jupiter Ascending.

...what are right opinions about Jupiter Ascending?

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Lightning Knight posted:

Give me mod powers and find out.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Lightning Knight posted:

It's worth a watch especially if you like space opera and the dragon dudes were so cool.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

DoubleCakes posted:

It's worth a watch especially if you like space opera and the dragon dudes were so cool.

What if I'm more into space commedia dell'arte?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What if I'm more into space commedia dell'arte?

might i recommend Guardians of the Galaxy to fit your tastes better

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

lollontee posted:

might i recommend Guardians of the Galaxy to fit your tastes better

Eugh, MCU.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Hope you all like Oasis, lol. Finally this beast is rendering...

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
make me mod please, I will carry on lornekates legacy

if not me then I support Pirate Jenny for mod

Kim Justice posted:

Hope you all like Oasis, lol. Finally this beast is rendering...

... the band? are you branching out into music reviews?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

Honestly I don't post on RGD outside of this thread, but I though LK did a good job and, considering the content being discussed in the last week, the response to Mel's foray into the thread was handled alright. Things can absolutely get too tense in here, but from my experience lornekates has not been antagonistic and was trying to keep things civil.

:agreed:

Free lornekates, they did nothing wrong and it's lovely to look at a large post and go "wow this person is obviously insane" when they're just trying to be as accurate as possible to avoid causing new problems.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
but sir, this is a McDonald's drive thru! If I that, I get laugh-points and feel good about myself at the expense of empathic discourse!

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

SatansBestBuddy posted:

... the band? are you branching out into music reviews?

Yeah the band. And yeah, though this is more a docu on one of their albums :)

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Oh, God, I used to listen to them when I was in high school. I'm cringing.

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014

Pirate Jenny posted:

I like to think I'd be a benevolent tyrant - the corruption would take at least a few weeks before it's totally obvious
The next day...

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

DoubleCakes posted:

It's annoying and Eddie Redmayne sucks.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

lornekates posted:

Thanks, I appreciate the support.

This is fascinating :suspense:

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
I don't see how explaining what happened is a meltdown? Maybe it was long winded but it does sound like LK was dealing with some babies and basically getting probed for doing their job.
Honestly they've made the thread a lot better. Now it's at least just very bad. This place is horrible to mod and finding anyone who could stand it is going to be hard.
And nice to see all of the new people coming in here to enjoy the drama who will surely enrich this thread when we don't have a mod.

Sarcopenia fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Apr 14, 2018

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

It's annoying and Eddie Redmayne sucks.

I don't really know what else there is to say about Jupiter Ascending.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I'd do it; even though I rarely post I read almost every post in these threads (though my eyes tend to glaze over when you guys start talking about Star Wars or posting about posting). However, I'm spiteful and would probably probate at the drop of a hat so maybe someone with less of a temper than me.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I nominate business hammocks. Even though he's kind of a baby about a lot of stuff, he's very sincere in trying to understand stuff and is willing to read hundreds of pages of garbage daily.

DoctorGonzo1969
Apr 8, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a2LDrbtwlA

Erod posted about him leaving CA. Apparently Angry Joe wasn't even aware of why the 10th anniversary film was cancelled until Linkara told him. I'm not a fan of Erod's content but he seems to be a pretty nice guy at least.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

If I was mod I'd mandate that at least one person would have to post this every day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLDIsaZ6VLU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7ukNgw0CK0

In non-Channel Awesome news, Movie Michael put up a video about sequels, and while I don't agree with his criteria for what a perfect sequel is, he presents a compelling case for his perfect sequel.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I am happy for Guru Larry. At least someone is coming out of this better off.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
Make Phelan a mod, he's already technically dead, so I doubt it could hurt.

Jokes aside, if Pirate Jenny's up for it I'm up for that Showtime.

E:Free Lornekates

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

WampaLord posted:

Free lornekates, they did nothing wrong and it's lovely to look at a large post and go "wow this person is obviously insane" when they're just trying to be as accurate as possible to avoid causing new problems.

the fact that you think it was the length of the post and not the content that made lornekates look like they were unfit to hold any form of power over anyone makes it pretty clear you either didn't actually read it or you think that's an acceptable way to talk and behave, not after being punished, but just for being relieved of duty from something.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

WampaLord posted:

Yeah, clearly only the length was the problem here

Not stuff like the formatting, the content or the giant red flag that suddenly jumped out of the post and started rotating in front of my eyes, while blasting "This Is a Warning" at 9001 decibels

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

DoctorGonzo1969 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a2LDrbtwlA

Erod posted about him leaving CA. Apparently Angry Joe wasn't even aware of why the 10th anniversary film was cancelled until Linkara told him. I'm not a fan of Erod's content but he seems to be a pretty nice guy at least.

One of the comments on that video linked to a 2014 video by the Last Angry Geek which featured a series of gags about the future of Channel Awesome. One of them is strangely prophetic (and also kinda disturbing given the recent revelations):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-f8YMKYsrc&t=158s

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

I Before E posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7ukNgw0CK0

In non-Channel Awesome news, Movie Michael put up a video about sequels, and while I don't agree with his criteria for what a perfect sequel is, he presents a compelling case for his perfect sequel.

This feels like one of those essayists whose not very funny gimmicks and attempts at comedy keep on getting in the way of the content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how come even though doug is rich he kept recording his reviews on what seems to be a webcam and the movies they made had the quality of a cell phone video.