Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Jackie D posted:

Am I missing something about bushi, I love the other LIJ guys but he does nothing for me

He's evil Rey Mysterio. That's why I like him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Jackie D posted:

Am I missing something about bushi, I love the other LIJ guys but he does nothing for me

bushi is beautiful and sensitive, and if you followed his Twitter you would know this!!!

https://twitter.com/BUSHI_njpw/status/971751094949851137?s=19

https://twitter.com/BUSHI_njpw/status/983991100141686784?s=19

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Bushi is the cute one in the boy band that is LIJ

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I feel like Rey Mysterio but he comes out in a venom mask, wears black lipstick, and spits mist sells itself.

In ring he's probably the weakest LIJ member but that's not saying too much. They're all amazing wrestlers. And his weakness is mostly slow down from injury.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Plus when LIJ all wear suits he may actually look cooler than Naito due to the mask/suit combo.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

His suits look good. Naito's suit is cool but it always obviously looks like "a wrestling costume". Bushi just has a really good taste in suits.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Gumball Gumption posted:

His suits look good. Naito's suit is cool but it always obviously looks like "a wrestling costume". Bushi just has a really good taste in suits.

My girlfriend informs me that Bushi also has excellent taste in cosmetics. Apparently he is just a stylish dude all around.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

unimportantguy posted:

My girlfriend informs me that Bushi also has excellent taste in cosmetics. Apparently he is just a stylish dude all around.

His lipstick never smudges and always lasts. Checks out.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That Archer/baby video is cool, but it's weird they didn't film Gedo walking up and taking the baby from the mother to start training it.

Jackie D posted:

Am I missing something about bushi

Nope!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

bushi has great hands

what a set of mits on that guy

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Bushi is very good in my honest opinion.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Show's on

YL predictions are usually futile but Umino absolutely has megastar potential

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/985120318804013056?s=19

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/985121047916630017?s=19

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

how come taichi is good now?????

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

St Evan Echoes posted:

Liger taught him how to work.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Gaz-L posted:

Plus when LIJ all wear suits he may actually look cooler than Naito due to the mask/suit combo.

But not as good as Sanada because by God can that handsome lad rock a suit

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Taichi has my favorite entrance in wrestling.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The_Rob posted:

You spelled Suzuki wrong

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gaz-L posted:

You spelled Suzuki wrong

Give Suzuki a mic and let the man lip sync!!!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

The_Rob posted:

miho and him did this really fun community theater rear end entrance at a show right around Christmas last year. I hope he never gets a dome entrance because the lower rent his entrance is the better.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Seeing Taichi resonate with Theater Nerds made me realize he's a fuckin cocky theater nerd and it all makes sense now. He's still a coward that blocked me on twitter tho.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

St Evan Echoes posted:

He's a Final Fantasy npc, what's not to like?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Looks like Suzuki-gun is getting a new entrance song:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhjqjyQgFRf/

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/984534120708489216

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

coconono posted:

Seeing Taichi resonate with Theater Nerds made me realize he's a fuckin cocky theater nerd and it all makes sense now. He's still a coward that blocked me on twitter tho.

oh yeah guilty as charged

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Any interest in a San Francisco goon meet on Fri July 6th for the cow palace show? What would people want to do?

Was thinking we could hit up La Taqueria or El Farolito in the Mission for tacos and beers then head to Southern Pacific brewing (large space good for groups). Both locations are close to Bart (public Transit). We could also add in a stop at a recreational dispensary if people want to enjoy some of the local legal foliage.

how would we get from the mission to the venue? the daly city bart station is pretty far from the cow palace, isn't it?

i'm definitely not opposed to some kind of hangout, and i'm definitely down for that plan in particular if we can get the transportation worked out. i'm always good to eat way too much mission mexican food and i haven't been to that brewery yet

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gackt but a wrestling heel is such a cool gimmick and I'm kinda of happy Taichi is finally growing into it. Being a heavyweight also helps since he never was that good as a flier which a Junior needs

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Grozz Nuy posted:

how would we get from the mission to the venue? the daly city bart station is pretty far from the cow palace, isn't it?

i'm definitely not opposed to some kind of hangout, and i'm definitely down for that plan in particular if we can get the transportation worked out. i'm always good to eat way too much mission mexican food and i haven't been to that brewery yet

My phone says there's a bus that goes there from Fisherman's Wharf. A 25 minute public transit trip in total it looks like.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's not a HM or MOTYC but the Suzuki-gun/LIJ elimination match from today is fun and really makes me want to see all three of the LIJ/Suzuki-gun matches

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/OkaTomoyuki/status/985443168127561728?s=19

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Speaking of Oka's twitter...
https://twitter.com/OkaTomoyuki/status/984803794881040384
That's Big K on the bottom right... right? :ohdear:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I think it's Henare

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/985504011011768320?s=19

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Grozz Nuy posted:

I was thinking we'd do the meet the night before the show. We could meet the day of and take Bart down from the Mission then Lyft or Uber to the cow palace. (Less than 2 miles from the Balboa Park Bart station to the cow palace).

On a side note the cow palace is surrounded by some sketchy areas, I do not recommend walking around there at night.

I'm just tossing out some ideas and seeing what people think.

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 15, 2018

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Everything I read from Tanahashi seems like he has a good understanding of the business and how it's been changing and I assume he's going to be in a position of power even once his career winds down

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The next Monday Night Wars will be HHH vs Tanahashi

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Jenkem Delivery posted:

On a side note the cow palace is surrounded by some sketchy areas, I do not recommend walking around there at night.

I did not know this. Thank you for saving me from a potential mugging. (I usually only go there for the Dickens Christmas Faire)

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It's not a HM or MOTYC but the Suzuki-gun/LIJ elimination match from today is fun and really makes me want to see all three of the LIJ/Suzuki-gun matches

I loved the part where Naito eliminates himself and Suzuki just to gently caress with Suzuki and preens after. Then while he's gloating on the outside, Suzuki brains him with a chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

The next Monday Night Wars will be HHH vs Tanahashi

MRT confirms, golden age of wrestling to return as soon as Gedo and Vince die.