Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

That drop sealed the deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Diet Crack posted:

That drop sealed the deal

Yeah Dunkley will be thinking about that for a while

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Marc Murphy late out.

Fuuuck.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

drunkill posted:

Marc Murphy late out.

Fuuuck.

Don't worry Charlie will save the day. Or North will Norf it up.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

This is going to be a messy one.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Hopefully it's a windy game like it often is in Tassie, always fun watching players accidentally kick 80m goals

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
The Camfield + Perth stadium combo is so good. Get on down sometime you melbourne fucks

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"By Not Kicking A Goal Until The 26:54 Minute Mark Of The 3rd Quarter The Brisbane Lions Have Set An AFL Record For Longest Time Elapsed Before Kicking Their First Goal Of The Game (81m 35s)"

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Quantum Shart posted:

Caleb Daniel ffs

He was cooooked when he finally went for his kick

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Diet Crack posted:

"By Not Kicking A Goal Until The 26:54 Minute Mark Of The 3rd Quarter The Brisbane Lions Have Set An AFL Record For Longest Time Elapsed Before Kicking Their First Goal Of The Game (81m 35s)"

Apart from the last time Carlton played at Whitten Oval with the only goal kicked with 5 mins to go or something.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Welcome back JK :D

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
What a trash round of footy this has been so far.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Way to brain fart the poo poo out of the end of this quarter Eagles

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

If you want to watch another complete mismatch Liz cambage is about to demolish England in the gold medal match

the cool posts kid
Jul 24, 2007

it appears to me that not one single person on the mainland knows that you pronounce it "blunstun", not "blund-stone"

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Periphery posted:

What a trash round of footy this has been so far.
I'm thinking they didn't want to schedule any good matches while the Comedy Games were on

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Venables and Shuey are different people??

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Solemn Sloth posted:

If you want to watch another complete mismatch Liz cambage is about to demolish England in the gold medal match
well

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

That was loving bizarre, ejected, really???

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Gold Coast are so bad they're making Jamie Cripps look like a talented forward

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
what a garbage round of footy

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Tanking for a priority pick already. Nice.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

This round can be salvaged if all 3 of the Cats, Hawks and Bombers lose.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Diet Crack posted:

This round can be salvaged if all 3 of the Cats, Hawks and Bombers lose.

Yeah!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Hahaa gently caress yeah, Lecca with a massive bump

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

There must be a competition going on today in the AFL to see who can thrash their opponent the most on the scoreboard.

The Swans must have missed that memo.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

How do Carlton suck so bad so early in the season

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Brainfarts creeping back in, so many loving bad kicks and turnovers, we should be up by 90 at this point

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

snaeksikn posted:

Losing Docherty and Marchbank mostly. Jones style of play only worked well last year when he had a better defence around him, and Weitering's confidence is completely shot so he's not helping.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
god dammit venables :( i wish all our promising young guys would stop getting injured

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

big fan of keeping your clubs most important player out on the park carrying an injury when you're 9 goals down in the 4th

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Weird Sandwich posted:

Losing Docherty and Marchbank mostly. Jones style of play only worked well last year when he had a better defence around him, and Weitering's confidence is completely shot so he's not helping.

OK so I can understand leaking a tonne of goals but what about the inability to score?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Big Willie Style

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

snaeksikn posted:

OK so I can understand leaking a tonne of goals but what about the inability to score?

Really the forward line is probably better this year than last year, but the midfield is worse which nullifies that as delivery inside 50 has been awful. Kennedy has potential but is not even close to Gibbs right now (though I'm confident he will get better), and we've already missed players for a few games (Kennedy, Kreuzer, and Murphy tonight). Also there are a lot of of first and second year players in the middle trying to pick up the slack but making mistakes.

Overall their performance is not that surprising considering the experience in the team right now but there is definitely a disappointing lack of effort at times.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Nice to get a big win for Lecca and NicNat

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

snaeksikn posted:

Sam Docherty Knee Season
Jarrod Pickett Wrist 10 weeks
Ciaran Byrne Quad 3-4 weeks
Tom Williamson Back 3-4 weeks
Darcy Lang Ankle Test
Cillian McDaid Foot 4-5 weeks
Caleb Marchbank Ankle 4 weeks
Matthew Lobbe Hamstring 4 weeks
Alex Silvagni Hamstring 2-3 weeks

6 of those could easily step into the best 22. Add to that Sam Rowe who only returned to VFL the other week.

Plus Kreuzer carrying an injury since the last quarter of round 1 but we don't have any backup rucks to replace him (hence our terrible round 2 when casboult was in the ruck)

Gibbs leaving didn't help too much either, glad we got that last year out of him if anything.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

drunkill posted:

Gibbs leaving didn't help too much either, glad we got that last year out of him if anything.

I'm more glad of the picks we got for him. Short term is still going to be painful though.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Oh sure the picks are great, but we needed him last year to help develop the young players and not have losses every week for a year.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Liked seeing the Dogs play with such energy again and exerting so much pressure, but good god their goal kicking is bad. So many missed opportunities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Round 4: :vd:
St. Kilda: Hold my beer