Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Zaphod42 posted:

Unless you give the people who like pvp a way to hunt down other people who like pvp and easily find them, while keeping people who don't like pvp from encountering bounty'd players.

EVE kinda does this through the use of sec-space, you have the high-sec care-bears who don't worry about pvp and low sec who do and null sec where its the wild west and then w-space where things are really proper wild.

Sea of Thieves desperately needs some matchmaking options or a way to in-game select what kinda gameplay you want.

Nah, the gameplay is PvEvP and e er y one playing the game is signing up to the fact someone can sail out from behind an islands or something and sink you at any time.

Its good having players who prefer the PvE in the game. They are more likely to ha e friendly interactions with each other which benefits them, but they also pose an easy target for PvPers meaning not every fight turns into a slug fest against a well experienced and determined crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Zaphod42 posted:

Unless you give the people who like pvp a way to hunt down other people who like pvp and easily find them, while keeping people who don't like pvp from encountering bounty'd players.

EVE kinda does this through the use of sec-space, you have the high-sec care-bears who don't worry about pvp and low sec who do and null sec where its the wild west and then w-space where things are really proper wild.

Sea of Thieves desperately needs some matchmaking options or a way to in-game select what kinda gameplay you want.

No it doesn't because if you take away the PVP then Rare knows the game is a skeleton of a game and will be exposed as being boring as gently caress. People like PVP whether they know it or not.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Jeff Goldblum posted:

Looking forward to three future releases where the cynics will still say that the new content doesn't qualify the $60 price.

That happened with NMS so, lol

Chev posted:

Artbook (plus their choices so far) suggests the forsaken shores are really gonna be a fourth region with an extra spooky theme.

Nice.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I noticed trueplay is off by default on win10, do you need it enabled to get better matchmaking or something?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Hako posted:

I was told I was griefing in SOT because I will go back to a skull fort if I'm sunk to attack it again with the spawn mechanics spawning you close to the skull fort you died at. So then I asked if it was griefing if I was sunk and the mechanics were fixed and I had to sail across the map to get back to the skull fort and I was told yes and downvoted into oblivion a million times. This is why full loot pvp games never survive every loving casual wants the game crafted to fit their ideal of PVE only fun. Because dear loving god if you kill people in a pirate game and steal their poo poo.

Feel free to downvote it more, its worth a read though.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Seaofthieves/comments/87h92j/killing_is_a_problem_in_a_game_based_on_stealing/

This is certainly worth a read but I don’t think it’s for the reason you imagined lol

For context for anyone who didn’t click the link, he posted a tweet where somebody brings up griefers returning over and over to harass people and the devs responded that they were aware and looking for a solution to that. He posts this exchange to reddit whining that attacking other people is now griefing. Now, a reasonable person replies that the context of the tweet was likely talking about people harassing and stalking you after each death, with the intent of making you quit the game in frustration at the harassment. This was his reply:

quote:

I do not see this as a problem what so ever. If you cant break the will of the enemy then you do not deserve the skull fort, there are a million strategies you can enact to solve this problem that I don’t care to discuss as they are proprietary information between my crew and I. People need to start getting more creative with their PVP and not keep trying to ram their skulls against the walls there are many other ways of winning a fort that don’t include going straight back to fight them. I fought over a skull fort for 7 hours straight, the other team said they swore a blood oath they would not let us get it I went through 6-7 teams of random players who kept quitting after the constant back and forth. I broke their spirit. Best time I’ve had in the game yet.

Then when people called him out on things like spending seven hours “breaking the will of the enemy” or telling people they were playing the game wrong if they didn’t like that he dropped this nugget of wisdom:

quote:

Hahha when did I ever say that about my crew mate, exaggerating and miss quoting me doesn’t make it true. I’m talking to the people that say its impossible to fight of an enemy ship and that skull forts simply boil down to who can stay online longer as to who wins the fort. I said I don’t want to give my tips out because they will then spread and everyone will use them. Finding them takes literally 0 effort though besides clicking twitch.tv or googling SOT Skull Fort Strategies. Many many other crews use the same strats I use, and it seems a lot of people on reddit haven’t opened their minds up to them because they are QQ’ing about getting sunk over and over at a skull fort. In a PVP game why would I ever want to share my game plan for winning? Want to know how I learned how to play and learned other ideas for how to “win”? I watched other people or used strats other teams used on me. I’m not trying to be a dick and I am coming off as one to the passives I’m sure but seriously put some work into trying out other things rather than running back to skull fort and trying to shoot them with cannons there are a billion other things you can do to get the loot. And thank you for answering my question welp I guess I’m officially a griefer because I’m not going to stop fighting a team going for loot based on some boyscout honor system once I’m sunk.

Also one of his tactics is literally just spawn camping people but that doesn’t count as griefing because, uh, look shut up I have tons of tactics I just don’t wanna say them because then other people would know

quote:

Spawn camping is a solution I’m willing to share I’m not sharing my tactics with everyone in the world because I don’t want them being used on me. You can grab resources between waves of the skeletons if you are playing solo yes this will be hard but skull forts aren’t meant to be easy for a solo player. Sorry you don’t wanna put in the work to defending a fort go do Voyages for money. Again I’m not arguing the spawning system is dumb however it is not griefing plain and simple. If an enemy team sinks you do you go back or do you stay away as some kind of “lost pride” thing?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Wrist Watch posted:

If you cant break the will of the enemy then you do not deserve the skull fort, there are a million strategies you can enact to solve this problem that I don’t care to discuss as they are proprietary information between my crew and I. 

Lmao

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

quote:

Hahha when did I ever say that about my crew mate, exaggerating and miss quoting me doesn’t make it true. I’m talking to the people that say its impossible to fight of an enemy ship and that skull forts simply boil down to who can stay online longer as to who wins the fort. I said I don’t want to give my tips out because they will then spread and everyone will use them. Finding them takes literally 0 effort though besides clicking twitch.tv or googling SOT Skull Fort Strategies. Many many other crews use the same strats I use, and it seems a lot of people on reddit haven’t opened their minds up to them because they are QQ’ing about getting sunk over and over at a skull fort. In a PVP game why would I ever want to share my game plan for winning? Want to know how I learned how to play and learned other ideas for how to “win”? I watched other people or used strats other teams used on me. I’m not trying to be a dick and I am coming off as one to the passives I’m sure but seriously put some work into trying out other things rather than running back to skull fort and trying to shoot them with cannons there are a billion other things you can do to get the loot. And thank you for answering my question welp I guess I’m officially a griefer because I’m not going to stop fighting a team going for loot based on some boyscout honor system once I’m sunk.

loving lol. I can't read this without picturing one of those obese, katana-wielding fedora tippers showing off their sick moves in mom's backyard.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

What is the greatest thing in life?

To break the will of the enemy, to steal their chests, to hear the lamentation of the pubbies, to earn a slightly diff colour peg leg

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

quote:

I do not see this as a problem what so ever. If you cant break the will of the enemy then you do not deserve the skull fort, there are a million strategies you can enact to solve this problem that I don’t care to discuss as they are proprietary information between my crew and I. People need to start getting more creative with their PVP and not keep trying to ram their skulls against the walls there are many other ways of winning a fort that don’t include going straight back to fight them. I fought over a skull fort for 7 hours straight, the other team said they swore a blood oath they would not let us get it I went through 6-7 teams of random players who kept quitting after the constant back and forth. I broke their spirit. Best time I’ve had in the game yet.

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Wrist Watch posted:

This is certainly worth a read but I don’t think it’s for the reason you imagined lol

For context for anyone who didn’t click the link, he posted a tweet where somebody brings up griefers returning over and over to harass people and the devs responded that they were aware and looking for a solution to that. He posts this exchange to reddit whining that attacking other people is now griefing. Now, a reasonable person replies that the context of the tweet was likely talking about people harassing and stalking you after each death, with the intent of making you quit the game in frustration at the harassment. This was his reply:

Then when people called him out on things like spending seven hours “breaking the will of the enemy” or telling people they were playing the game wrong if they didn’t like that he dropped this nugget of wisdom:

Also one of his tactics is literally just spawn camping people but that doesn’t count as griefing because, uh, look shut up I have tons of tactics I just don’t wanna say them because then other people would know

I don't believe you read everything. I responded to the person talking about the context of the tweet saying the mechanics of spawning right next to the skull fort was not ideal but it is no way griefing. I am simply playing the game the way it was coded. Cherry pick quotes however you want. My only point in the entire thread is that going back to a skull fort to kill the enemy is not griefing.

You also didn't read the full thread because I very clearly state that I do not mean spawn camping in the normal sense as if you played the game you would know it isn't possible in this game, you cant COD style spawn camp the enemy ship. I meant as in instead of staying at the loving skull fort go attack the enemy ship as it is on its way back to you rather than become a sitting duck crying that "enemy ships spawn too close and we sit there and they come back and sink us" I also did share some strategies including a video of us letting a team get the skull fort and loading up the island with chain reacted gun powder barrels stealing their poo poo in return.

If you don't like fighting over an island for 7 hours nothing is stopping you from switching servers and having an enjoyable experience somewhere else. Don't cry to me about greifing when there is literally no penalty for leaving a game. You're literally crying about not being able to win a fight in a videogame but instead of joining a new game you continue to waste your time in some attempt to show that you're not gonna give up. People seem to think its impossible to "win" a skull island unless they win the fight at the island and they cry that you cant win if another ship can harass you every few minutes from the spawn location, no one can think for themselves about other ways around this predicament and would rather cry that they are being griefed.

Rare is gonna turn this game into care bear heaven and it will die. Just like Albion, Darkfall, etc etc.

Hako fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Apr 14, 2018

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I don't get the allure of skull forts from a moneymaking perspective. Like, if I can get one uncontested or minimally contested cool, but otherwise gently caress it I'd rather just wait until the other folks clear it and jump them on their way to sell.

If it's just about making money, you're better off running voyages for 2 hours than having a 4 hour fight over the fort.

Now as something to generate some great rolling fights, they are great except it seems like a lot of folks don't even bother now.

Also, I'm a terrible pirate and got a fellow goon killed last night when I brought down a gunpowder barrel to bomb a ship, then delayed in getting it off the deck causing us to get 'sploded by a cannonball.

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Akion posted:

I don't get the allure of skull forts from a moneymaking perspective. Like, if I can get one uncontested or minimally contested cool, but otherwise gently caress it I'd rather just wait until the other folks clear it and jump them on their way to sell.

If it's just about making money, you're better off running voyages for 2 hours than having a 4 hour fight over the fort.

Now as something to generate some great rolling fights, they are great except it seems like a lot of folks don't even bother now.

Also, I'm a terrible pirate and got a fellow goon killed last night when I brought down a gunpowder barrel to bomb a ship, then delayed in getting it off the deck causing us to get 'sploded by a cannonball.

Yeah all pubbies expect they should have all their skull forts uncontested or else they're being griefed and complain to Rare.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I feel like The Pirate Code could be simplified. Basically scrap all but Article 3, and add one new Article that says "Nothing is yours until you sell it."

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
How much of a discount do you get on the game if you use game pass on it? Time based? I see like 0 details about this

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Akumos posted:

How much of a discount do you get on the game if you use game pass on it? Time based? I see like 0 details about this

Why would you get a discount?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Dirk Pitt posted:

I would also like to know this

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/13/17226580/sea-of-thieves-content-dlc-debate

Polygon did this article along side the update article. Its basically saying dont gently caress up the balance because they landed on something kinda refreshing.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

DogonCrook posted:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/13/17226580/sea-of-thieves-content-dlc-debate

Polygon did this article along side the update article. Its basically saying dont gently caress up the balance because they landed on something kinda refreshing.

Have to say I think this is a good article. It makes the point about certain systems basically increasing the ways you can play the game without interacting with players. This is the same reason I'm not a fan of the idea of NPC ships, the game should encourage player interaction, violent or friendly, not design a game that's possible to play alone.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

nothing in this game beats defeating a crew so thoroughly that they just give up and stand still on their ship as it goes down

two galleons, hitting us at the same time for almost two hours constantly, respawning by the time the other sank, could not pull us off of that fort. At one point we had 0 planks, 0 bananas, and less than 15 cannonballs. The final fight ended with one of them ramming us (we kept jumping on their ship and eating their supplies) and us climbing onto their ship to guard the bottom so they couldn't patch up.

game fun ya'll

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

ZeusCannon posted:

Most subscription-based game vaults offer discounts. Usually 10%. I know Origin Access and Humble Bundle Monthly do.

Found this on the Xbox website for Game Pass: "Xbox Game Pass members can purchase Xbox One titles for up to 20% off (and DLC for 10% off) before the title leaves the active Xbox Game Pass catalog. Xbox Game Pass discounts are not combinable with other offers and are not redeemable for cash; discount offers exclude titles within 30 days of launch; discounts based on Microsoft Store price."

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dirk Pitt posted:

Hey actually gamepass gives you a discount to several games on the windows store

So you've got some serious egg on your face there buddy

ZeusCannon posted:

God drat goons love being arrogant

Akumos posted:

None, probably because its still brand new. Could see them adding a game pass discount in the future but it'll probably just be like $5-10 anyways.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Today: won skull fort, fought kraken and lived, drunk-drove a galleon into an outpost

Game good

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
The official game pass site stuff explains if a game ever lives the game pass offering it gives you an option to buy it as a discount. If it never leaves, they never need to offer a discount.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Was talking to my buddies today about how surprised I am that I enjoy this unfinished game so much. We have been having a blast just doing whatever each night and it has been really neat seeing how we have gotten objectively better at the different aspects of the game.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
The discount is real though. Angry Joe talked about it, basically with the game pass you get like $12 off the game to buy it permanently and you actually save $2 that way for whatever reason and basically get to trial it first. He said something like after 1 month of game pass this becomes active? He briefly mentions it here, pretty weird? https://youtu.be/9kl3hf1aJ9s?t=1239 The discount amount I found on some other site actually.

Akumos fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Apr 15, 2018

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Found a Microsoft employee citation for this meme

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/957800557367799808

So because I started much later after release and have a 14-day trial, if I pay for 1 month at 9.99 I should get the game at $54. Not nearly as big of a discount as I thought on the full game, actually I pay $3 more this way, but it gives me a whole 1 1/2 months to decide if I even want to continue.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Akumos posted:

Found a Microsoft employee citation for this meme

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/957800557367799808

So because I started much later after release and have a 14-day trial, if I pay for 1 month at 9.99 I should get the game at $54. Not nearly as big of a discount as I thought on the full game, actually I pay $3 more this way, but it gives me a whole 1 1/2 months to decide if I even want to continue.

That’s not what that means at all. That tweet says the discount would apply once Sea of Thieves is no longer part of the game pass service. When the time comes that they remove SoT from the game pass and you would have to purchase the game to play, then you would see the discount.

If you pay for 1 month of game pass then cancel it, your options after your 6 weeks are pay full price for the game or pay the monthly :10bux: to continue your game pass.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

AirRaid posted:

That’s not what that means at all. That tweet says the discount would apply once Sea of Thieves is no longer part of the game pass service. When the time comes that they remove SoT from the game pass and you would have to purchase the game to play, then you would see the discount.

It doesn't say that though, it says the discount is only applied after the game has been part of the service for 30 days. So a month from release in SoT's case. The tweet doesn't say anything about it's removal from the service.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

AirRaid posted:

If you pay for 1 month of game pass then cancel it, your options after your 6 weeks are pay full price for the game or pay the monthly :10bux: to continue your game pass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_7ntYGO8vw

Found something you should review bud.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
There's idiots in the reddit community that honestly believe they should be able to solo a skull fort with their sloop on a regular basis and anyone stopping them is griefing. That complaining resulted in the ship spawn distance patch which I'm sorta conflicted about. Yea, it resulted in less instances of having to repeat fight the dudes you sunk 4 times already, but now it seems like there's overall less contact with other player ships on the map overall which just makes everything more boring. It's fun to sit back and chill while sailing to an objective while watching other players dock/undock or sail to other places or try to pvp with each other. Now anytime I log in, there's very rarely any other ships in viewing distance at the outpost I spawn into.

Some of the super Esport crap streamers are conflicted about it too as it has resulted in less player interaction, less pvp, and therefore less tension all so Captain Autism can sail alone in peace and easily avoid any social interaction.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

AirRaid posted:

Yeah so previous stuff I've read implied basically you only get a discount when it leaves the store, but that tweet implies that the discount starts after the game has been on game pass for over 30 days, and then over 90 days.

So a 90 days discount on SoT will be available in about two months, which is 20% off the full price. So it will be a $12 discount from $60. In order to get that you'd need to have game pass (I'm going to guess MS is clever enough not to give the discount to people on a trial) which is $10, so basically you'd get $2 off.

This to me actually seems fairly smart. Imagine they had a deal which was "click here and get a free month of game pass and $2 off Sea of Thieves!" it's obvious what they would be trying to do is get you to sign up for game pass.

Either way I guess the moral of the story is, unless MS lets you get a discount on games when you're on a gamepass trial, that this isn't going to save you any significant amount of money.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
The reason i didnt do the games pass is because almost everything on there is eventually free with games for gold in the bi monthly free games. I would imagine in a year or two the same would happen to this and before that they get deals with gold where it gets increasingly discounted. I think this is why devs dont really like the program. My guess is it will go on sale for gold members sometime this year probably near a major update.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Avalanche posted:

There's idiots in the reddit community that honestly believe they should be able to solo a skull fort with their sloop on a regular basis and anyone stopping them is griefing. That complaining resulted in the ship spawn distance patch which I'm sorta conflicted about. Yea, it resulted in less instances of having to repeat fight the dudes you sunk 4 times already, but now it seems like there's overall less contact with other player ships on the map overall which just makes everything more boring. It's fun to sit back and chill while sailing to an objective while watching other players dock/undock or sail to other places or try to pvp with each other. Now anytime I log in, there's very rarely any other ships in viewing distance at the outpost I spawn into.

Some of the super Esport crap streamers are conflicted about it too as it has resulted in less player interaction, less pvp, and therefore less tension all so Captain Autism can sail alone in peace and easily avoid any social interaction.

There are actually people that liked having boats respawn within their line of sight and getting worn down through attrition? now at least you can actually look for other people instead of being locked in a conflict that only ends when one side gets bored and gives up.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

There are actually people that liked having boats respawn within their line of sight and getting worn down through attrition? now at least you can actually look for other people instead of being locked in a conflict that only ends when one side gets bored and gives up.

On the counter-side to that is if you get got by some dudes rolling up and double-barreling you then you had a chance to get back in the fight, as it is now when you spawn on the other side of the map you will have to sail for 10-15 mins while the other dude gets to load up on more powder barrels and poo poo.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
See it as an encouragement to not hold a grudge?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Exactly, if the other guys respawn and immediately see the people that sank them, that is obviously going to be their main goal to quickly try and get back their stuff, if they don't see them immediately they will either have to spend a bit more time tracking down the ship in the area they sunk, go somewhere else and collect supplies and treasure, or just quit and open up the slot for a new crew to join the server ( assuming their isn't a bug preventing new people from joining and leaving the server dead )

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Exactly, if the other guys respawn and immediately see the people that sank them, that is obviously going to be their main goal to quickly try and get back their stuff, if they don't see them immediately they will either have to spend a bit more time tracking down the ship in the area they sunk, go somewhere else and collect supplies and treasure, or just quit and open up the slot for a new crew to join the server ( assuming their isn't a bug preventing new people from joining and leaving the server dead )

If you're super keen on revenge you just need a better idea of where you are when you sink. Over the next month I suspect many more players will have bought sails and stuff and identifying ships will be a lot easier.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Sea of Thieves Whiners posted:

I speak from personal experience when I say that I feel that there are to many instances where players ,who are not very good at combat or just like to explore for treasure and avoid other pirates, get bullied by other players who strictly focus on being the bully. I think (if possible) that maybe you should try to doing something that allows those of us who like to avoid the PvP part of the game, to do so. ... I personally feel like that is the biggest issue for this game right now, I don't play Sea Of Thieves to fight other players, I would play popular Multiplayer Competitive First Person Shooter games if that was the case. ... The game (in my personal opinion) is far too beautiful and enjoyable to be fighting other players all the time. I have acknowledge your (the developers) attempt to fix some of the bully like the pirate code suggestion and making respawn locations for ships further away from where they were brought down, but it still has its negatives.

{Mod edited} You

To Rare, and this [mod edited] community. I have never played a game with such a toxic community. Nor have I played a game with so much potential. I believe the people playing this game ruined it. And the devs are partially to blame for not trying to fix it. Sea of Thieves has already been labeled the biggest game disappointment of 2018, and number 5 in the list of games who lost their player base. I put some hard effort into trying to enjoy this game and I'm done. I have better people and games to hang out with. [mod edited] you all.

So eventually if they haven't already, Rare will probably start enforcing the pirate code. While I don't know to the extent of their enforcement (soft ban, perma ban, whatever) I think they should implement the hanging cages outside of outposts.

Say, a player receives a soft ban for whatever reason they should still be able to login but instead of playing they just get put in an available hanging cage outside an outpost. Their quick chat will be disabled expect for one message that says, "I'm sorry". Depending on the punishment they will have to send out this message so many times in addition to the length of their sentence.

So, if they get a two week soft ban maybe they have to send out 200 apologies too. If they don't send out the messages the sentence is extended until they do. This would be a real consequence to deter bad behavior. You won't just skate through the ban, you will have to work for your freedom.

Basically, you will have too login and send apologies while watching others come and go for outposts and enjoying the game. You won't just be able to wait out your ban and go about your way.

I destroyed my favourite mug, and a plate, and cut my arm couple minutes ago from anger. I was on some gold hoarders quest, sailing alone, dropped the anchor, near the Devils Ridge, and got a phone call. As I was answering it, some guys jumped on my ship, caught off guard and killed me once, then stolen my chest. I said to them that when they have a chest, they can leave me alone, as I only wanted to finish my quest on this island. Got killed three times trying to talk to them, then they sunk my ship - they have not said a word the whole time. I now know how the Skyrim town guards felt like, when they tried to reason with me, while I was on a killing spree. And also now I have to sail for ~10 minutes to try again, hopefully not be smashed until I'm able to complete same type of quest I was doing since the release. Amount of salt in me at the moment is greater that in the whole Sea of Thieves (and autism).

im playing sea of thieves on my xbox one for a while now and i really love the game. im playing with friends in a 4man crew and we have a really good time.... until pc players cross our way for example while raiding a fortress... the problem is not the fight with the ship itself but when they are coming on your ship or you go on theirs. in an 1on1 it is more than impossible to win against pc players (when they know what they are doing). they jump around you, turning midair and shooting you from all angels and all you ca do is press your stick and try to follow them.... not fast enough (maximum sensitivity) and die... its so frustrating. i dont know about the cheats hacks etc but thats only adding to the problem...

Kitchner fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 15, 2018

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

phourniner posted:

Most subscription-based game vaults offer discounts. Usually 10%. I know Origin Access and Humble Bundle Monthly do.

Found this on the Xbox website for Game Pass: "Xbox Game Pass members can purchase Xbox One titles for up to 20% off (and DLC for 10% off) before the title leaves the active Xbox Game Pass catalog. Xbox Game Pass discounts are not combinable with other offers and are not redeemable for cash; discount offers exclude titles within 30 days of launch; discounts based on Microsoft Store price."

Thanks I had no clue about this. It actually makes the games pass ( and other services like it ) seem far more useful for just trying things out.

Zaphod42 posted:

God drat goons love being arrogant

Or I didn't know about the discount and wanted to know! Entirely possible. But I do agree some goons do enjoy that.

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 15, 2018