Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I have not watched any of his videos because I do not like rap, but I really like everything I've seen from Rap Critic on Todd in the Shadows and he probably has a good show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Double Toasted podcasts are great and worth listening too.

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

The Rap Critic is pretty cool, although he definitely suffers from the poo poo camera mentioned on the last page.

Groovelord Neato posted:

lmao him making fun of his mario mispronunciation.

That's the normal way of pronouncing Mario in the UK.

The way that actual Italian people say the name 'Mario' sounds like you could go with either depending on how you chose to hear it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the character says his own name.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Weldon Pemberton posted:

That's the normal way of pronouncing Mario in the UK.

no

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'it's-a me, mario'

'nice try you fat lil gently caress'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
also man Double Toasted seems really familiar but I'm not subscribed or anything, did any of these guys do something else recently or before they did Double Toasted?

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

They come from Spill.com but they were cartoons back then.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DoubleCakes posted:

that's it, I've seen those little cartoon versions of them and the voices.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Nella being back is kind of nice. I'm a bit behind on Lindsay Ellis's stuff, does Nella still appear in her stuff?

I'm watching Rich Evans's perfect stream of Dead Rising 2 (no deaths, all survivors, all side quests) and it's one of the tensest LPs I've ever seen. It's full of :stare: moments.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Faust looks amazing. This is one of the few Best of the Worst episodes that makes me want to get one of the movies. All Brian Yuzna movies come out the same by the last reel, I guess.

I wonder if he knows there are fetish clubs in his town that he could go to instead of making movies.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

DoubleCakes posted:

When Spill shut down everyone else from that site went on to do other stuff, except for the guy who voiced Co-Host who apparently doesn’t do social media or anything anymore

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I like Thug notes but that's about literature 🤷🏾‍♀️

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

FlamingLiberal posted:

When Spill shut down everyone else from that site went on to do other stuff, except for the guy who voiced Co-Host who apparently doesn’t do social media or anything anymore

He went on the Halloween special last year.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
So this showed up on the #ChangeTheChannel hashtag from an anonymous source:

-Brad resigned quietly on Thursday, but supposedly so have the Walkers as well as Tamara and Malcom, leaving Mike and his brother Greg alone at CA
-a few more critic/snob episodes may show up on the site because they were already filmed and submitted
-the five are apparently looking for lawyers to deal with this mess but for now are going to stay incognito on a discord while they sort things out. Doug and Rob especially will not be saying anything for a few weeks.

It's rather hard to confirm or deny but if they're looking for a lawyer they're going to be keeping their heads down.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Until that source is verified I'll remain skeptical but keep an eye on it

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Will Guru Larry even outlast DOUG WALKER?

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Yes, please be careful of rumors. The Chan kids will probably be out in full force, and it's better to get it from the producers themselves.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

DoubleCakes posted:

Will Guru Larry even outlast DOUG WALKER?

Good lord. I’m convinced they don’t have a way to contact him.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

The Strip Panel Naked guy is some brand of Middle Eastern, but you mostly don't see him and he talks like a boring white guy so I dunno if that counts.

Man, that racism in the algorithm thing really bothers me. There's probably some awesome people I'll never see recommended because some rear end in a top hat can't stand seeing a little melanin. :(

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i was under the impression the walkers are channel awesome.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

somekindofguy posted:

Yes, please be careful of rumors. The Chan kids will probably be out in full force, and it's better to get it from the producers themselves.

Oh I know. It just seems to somewhat line up with the things happening.

Groovelord Neato posted:

i was under the impression the walkers are channel awesome.

Mike Michaud is the majority shareholder of four, apparently.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

He went on the Halloween special last year.
drat that’s cool, he had disappeared for awhile

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Oh and if you just want pop culture and politics, you can't beat Desus & Mero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_6u0tkIV3Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El2TwBiaqyo

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

FlamingLiberal posted:

drat that’s cool, he had disappeared for awhile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1yB4MDsANw

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

If Larry actually outlasts Doug of all people on CA, I will subscribe to him out of respect for the sheer size of his balls.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Garrand posted:

The joke was that there were originally 2 Hobbit movies planned but then it suddenly expanded to 3, so Lindsay repeatedly said she only was going to do 2 until the reveal at the end of the video. Pretty certain she fully intends to do a 3rd video about the effects the movie had on New Zealand.

Based on that teaser at the end of part 2, I suspect it will be largely around the underhanded means in which Peter Jackson and Richard Taylor used to get the film made, and how it hosed over basically everyone working in the film industry in NZ.

There were talks of industrial action by one or several of the unions active in the film industry in NZ over something - can't remember what specifically - and Jackson and Taylor claimed that Warner Brothers were going to pull filming out of New Zealand and take it to Central Europe (Prague or somewhere like that). The then-government, the centre-right National Party, invites Warner execs over, throws money at them and then changes the law which drastically strips away the employment rights of anyone working on a film crew in NZ, reclassifying them as "independent contractors." Later, Peter Jackson gets some email correspondence related to the matter pried out of him through this law called the Official Information Act, and it is revealed that prior to his public proclamations of Hobbitty Doom, he had received assurances that The Hobbit had too much riding on it to be targeted from any industrial action. In other words, he lied, and has continued to lie about it. The happy ending is that the National Party lost the 2017 Election, and one of the first things the newly-elected Labour Party did was repeal the so-called "Hobbit Law."

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://twitter.com/canady606/status/985258292422238208

HEH

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Likewise

https://twitter.com/enigmaxtreme/status/985278682741686272

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

The little Brad thumbs up makes it.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

nine-gear crow posted:

If Larry actually outlasts Doug of all people on CA, I will subscribe to him out of respect for the sheer size of his balls.

Larry didn't just beat the game. He fought the secret final boss, and won.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Bee posted:

We got a possible Channel Awesome kill screen comin’ up if anybody wants to see it. Channel Awesome kill screen comin’ up right here.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I'd be happy to mod since I've been on SA for a while and have experience modding other things but I'm not fussed about it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

business hammocks posted:

We got a possible Channel Awesome kill screen comin’ up if anybody wants to see it. Channel Awesome kill screen comin’ up right here.
Billy Mitchell had his titles pulled the other day, funnily enough

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I don't know if I would make a good Mod. But I'm willing to try.

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

DoctorGonzo1969 posted:

So something I'd found was apparently a writer for Salon wants to interview Matthew Buck about the CA stuff

https://twitter.com/MatthewRozsa/status/984776005247217664

How big is Salon as a publication, exactly? I don't really know what this means.

O_O

So that fellow is a distant cousin of mine. We don't really talk, though we're Facebook friends so I can keep up with his writing. I have my Twitter account hooked to my Facebook account so they get reposted there and I'm now curious whether he found about this through the ever increasing twitter drama or if he noticed my many many tweets and retweets on ChangeTheChannel over the last month.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

business hammocks posted:

When Channel Awesome goes down for the count, I want someone to poach the domain and have it be nothing but Guru Larry's name floating in the void.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

The Bee posted:

I think this is the sort of game ending that From Software would create and HBomberguy would devote 15 minutes of a 90 minute video to talk about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Back in the day I tried to get onto Channel Awesome. I was in college and me and my friends would watch Doug's stuff and then moved on to watching other things; I was a big fan of Lindsay Ellis and Spoony, and from him I heard about Brad and got into his stuff. It was great! Never made it on the site, though, partly because I didn't try long enough or hard enough, really. Though for a while I used to look back and think about having missed out on this amazing opportunity to work with these amazing people and do some great, creative work.

This whole situation makes me feel like the effort I put into that, and, hell, the fact I was ever a fan of Doug Walker at all, it was all a waste. What a loving waste of time. I'm glad some good people came out of it but the Walkers are going to still be making a ton of money out of this and out of their exploitation of their employees and it makes me sick.