Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Ahhhh holy loving hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Now give us Dustin vs Eddie.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Fuuuuuuuck what a loving fight!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
unbelievable.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
The score is Gaethje got knocked retarded.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
thats what you get for poking bitch

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Holy poo poo lol

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Oh gently caress

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Hahahaa amazing

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Man Poirier is fuckin rad

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
hes asking for eddie

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Great fight

MassRafTer posted:

Now give us Dustin vs Eddie.

Yeah, Eddie's a loving bitchass for ducking that

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
what a fuckin fight

Fifthace
May 3, 2003

No.
cool. good.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

That's the first time a rocked dude has shot a post fight takedown on both the ref and his opponent that I've seen.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
that's a lawler / manhoef style comeback but somehow way more gruelling, punishing, and impressive.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

What a great 15 minute stretch of violence. gently caress eye pokes and the end was karma.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The upshot here is that Gaethje should by all rights get matched against someone in the 15-10 ranking range.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Lmao @ DC ripping on Gaethje for being too brain damaged to try to clinch when he could barely stand up

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

That ruled.

I want to see Gathje fight a Diaz brother

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

that's a lawler / manhoef style comeback but somehow way more gruelling, punishing, and impressive.

I don't know if I'd call it a comeback considering he was winning the fight up until the finish even though he was damaged.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

lol at gaethje for waving him in after getting badly rocked. that guy is too tough for his own good.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Marching Powder posted:

poirier outlanded gaethje in rounds one and two by a massive margin but i still give them both to gaethje

Adalaide?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Lmao @ DC ripping on Gaethje for being too brain damaged to try to clinch when he could barely stand up

Lol, yeah. "He didn't have the presence of mind to clinch, or shoot a double-leg." Dude, he had just enough brain stem activity to keep his heart beating.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Stale Saltines posted:

lol at gaethje for waving him in after getting badly rocked. that guy is too tough for his own good.

hes a dumb rear end

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

cool

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

poirier should claim he can't see and get out of there

gently caress that

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

give it to him.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Stale Saltines posted:

Going out on a limb here but he probably wasn't in a good state of mind to make decisions like that

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

gently caress that

lol, for sure

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

give it to him.

ya

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

spb posted:

Going out on a limb here but he probably wasn't in a good state of mind to make decisions like that

He was just waving his arms because gravity was suddenly all sideways and weird

How was Condit/Cowboy?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

my cognitive processing power far exceeds that of that exhausted zombie unable to simply stand upright

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

As a coach of Gaethje at some point do you have to try to fix your fighter so he doesn't fight like that. Like it makes for an entertaining fight but if you're only beating the Michael Johnsons of the UFC it seems like they need to rethink things.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

It was a race to crack Gaethje's Homer Simpson chin before his leg gave out and it was epic to watch. Like a timed boss fight.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

poirer is really good. i love gaethje's style and it's a shame that it will ruin his brain forever without him ever getting a title.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Le Saboteur posted:

As a coach of Gaethje at some point do you have to try to fix your fighter so he doesn't fight like that. Like it makes for an entertaining fight but if you're only beating the Michael Johnsons of the UFC it seems like they need to rethink things.

it's almost incomprehensible to me that you can have a dude completely crippled and still eat 6 punch combinations. gaethje might have the worst defence in the entire history of the ufc. it is loving crazy dumb and he's a stupid loving idiot to fight like that.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Le Saboteur posted:

what other way can he fight tho? its how he gets an advantage, he gets lit up if he doesnt go all out with pressure and land low kicks

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I think they'll try to book a Poirier/Alvarez rematch with the title shot on the line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

Le Saboteur posted:

Like it makes for an entertaining fight but if you're only beating the Michael Johnsons of the UFC it seems like they need to rethink things.

Michael Johnson murdered Poirier.

• Locked thread