Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Metapod posted:

BEAT THEIR rear end PELS BEAT THEIR rear end

same op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

blazers shooting 4-20 on the night, perfect. dont take another shot

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

rondo dunk

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
This pace

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Pelicans just need the Blazers' two best players to play like trash for four games, and they're golden

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Should the Blazers blow it up??????

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

that coors light refreshing finish wasn't refreshing at all

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Oh. Okay.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

I don't even understand why this new Orleans team is in the playoffs much less what is happening here

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
The way Lillard seems like a whiny baby about not getting the respect he deserves (he doesn't) I'd love to see him fall flat on his face in the first round.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

G-Hawk posted:

I don't even understand why this new Orleans team is in the playoffs much less what is happening here

According to talking heads I follow, without Boogie's lumbering rear end they can play Gentry-ball. They now lead the league in pace. Also Holiday is good

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

G-Hawk posted:

They are actually a decent team, OP.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Trade cj and dame for wings and let shabazz run the show

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Kibner posted:

They are actually a decent team, OP.

But why

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The roster assembled is solid

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

big boi posted:

According to talking heads I follow, without Boogie's lumbering rear end they can play Gentry-ball. They now lead the league in pace. Also Holiday is good

They were top 5 in pace with Cousins. The main problem was that you couldn't play Rondo and Boogie at the same time because Rondo's role was completely redundant with Cousins. He offered nothing when they were on the floor together.

That and getting much needed depth in Mirotic along with all the new players this offseason starting to feel comfortable is what had them with a similar record before and after Boogie injury.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Babyface Killer Mirotic

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

They have just enough passing, shooting, and footspeed. Ball-handling is less than I would like but it is good enough as long as neither Jrue or Rondo miss a lot of time.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
NO playing like this rules because it’s basically a team full of people that groupthink dismissed way too early.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Portland's bench is the only reason they're still in this

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol dame killing their momentum with that shot

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

I regret my post looking forward to laughing at Dame now.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Oh hi it's a game, I'll stop watching dumb videos about whiskeys I'm too miserly to buy now

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Now all I can think about is what kind of picks the blazers could get for shipping CJ and Lillard 3 games from now

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

One of these teams needs some real ginger ale

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Strong putback

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Yeah that was sick

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol at dame thinking he could beat davis 1v1

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Anthony Davis has long arms, the type of arms that would be a good return in a Kawhi Leonard trade.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Really impressed by Holiday and Rondo tonight

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I like this Rondo

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Anthony Davis is terrifying

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

zelah posted:

Now all I can think about is what kind of picks the blazers could get for shipping CJ and Lillard 3 games from now

Ryan McDonough’s point guard sense is tingling.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Metapod posted:

I like this Rondo

I feel like he hurts your team in a lot of situations. Situations where he's passing to Anthony Davis are probably where he's best.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Bashez posted:

I feel like he hurts your team in a lot of situations. Situations where he's passing to Anthony Davis are probably where he's best.

He only fits when you need another playmaker but can live without shooting and bad guard defense.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
doh Jrue!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Uh-oh, the Pelicans everyone expected are showing up

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

:thunk:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
How are they not calling these fouls?

JFC

Like, Nurkic loving wrecked a dude on the rebound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
STOP MELTING DOWN

• Locked thread