Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Das Boo posted:

Of course! I was a huge fan of the original run and it popped me out of my gothy nihilism and made me remember, "Oh, yeah. You love animation." My sister even hand-painted a Zim on my 15th birthday cake. :3:

(We're also pushing for an art book! But I do roughs so you'll probably only see the color passes if my stuff! Buy hey, ART BOOK?!?!)

I would've killed for an art book 10 years ago. Now I'll just definitely buy one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

Dangerous Person posted:

I quite like Craig of the Creek. It reminds me of the episodes of Ed Edd n Eddy where they went deep with their imaginations

Speaking of Craig of the Creek I just discovered that Jeff Rosenstock does all the music for it and my mind was loving blown!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

KingKalamari posted:

Speaking of Craig of the Creek I just discovered that Jeff Rosenstock does all the music for it and my mind was loving blown!
Makes all the sense in the world, Matt & Ben are total NJ ska nerds.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I'm surprised no one is talking about the season 1 finale for OK KO, especially the huge swerve involving Darrell at the end

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

drrockso20 posted:

I'm surprised no one is talking about the season 1 finale for OK KO, especially the huge swerve involving Darrell at the end

Probably because it has its own thread!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Pretty inactive thread all things considered

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I just finished Wakfu S3 and nobody even played football 0/10

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The new Bliss episode of Powerpuff Girls they teased in the 2018 sizzle reel is on now.

There was....literally zero marketing for it.

It's....weird how CN renewed a show they seem to have zero faith in.

E: Though, was this a third season renewal, or are we still in the second season they greenlit after the premiere?

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 8, 2018

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Waffleman_ posted:

The new Bliss episode of Powerpuff Girls they teased in the 2018 sizzle reel is on now.

There was....literally zero marketing for it.

It's....weird how CN renewed a show they seem to have zero faith in.

E: Though, was this a third season renewal, or are we still in the second season they greenlit after the premiere?

still in season 2, which is probably almost over (season 1 was 40 eps long, while season 2 looks longer, possibly a full 52)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Okay. I thought I had heard it had been renewed again, which wouldn't make sense for how they've been treating it.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Hope you're all excited for ~more reboots~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMUwTLe3kgg

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rocky's just missing something without that 10 pack a day husk that Foray had.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Hope you're all excited for ~more reboots~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMUwTLe3kgg

What no Peabody and Sherman/Dudley Doright/etc shorts? Lame.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

That's actually surprisingly true to the nature of the show. It's possible that it could be good.

It's still probably a bad idea. I don't like the new style they're going for or the voice they're going with for Rocky (even though it sounds more like a little boy than the original).

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Apparently it's from most of the same crew as the Peabody and Sherman show on Netflix

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
There was a bad Peabody and Sherman movie a few years ago.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

PhazonLink posted:

There was a bad Peabody and Sherman movie a few years ago.

I saw that actually. It... wasn’t terrible? I remember thinking that a show based on it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world but then they did that talk show style thing on Netflix and it turns out that I was wrong. :sigh:

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Apparently it's from most of the same crew as the Peabody and Sherman show on Netflix

Oh God damnit.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

readingatwork posted:

I saw that actually. It... wasn’t terrible? I remember thinking that a show based on it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world but then they did that talk show style thing on Netflix and it turns out that I was wrong. :sigh:

Oh God damnit.

How far into it did you get, cause supposedly it gets really good after a couple episodes

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
New episode of Miraculous today (if you're in Canada). Then on the 23rd, another one (if you're in the UK). You basically have to play global detective to watch this show. Maybe it's an ARG?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I liked the Peabody and Sherman movie, thought it was cute. The villain was unnecessary, but I liked aspects of the characters, and the presentation of Peabody's intelligence was pretty fun.

Also I liked the moment with "I love you, Sherman." "I have a high regard for you too, Mr Peabody!" It was a cute callback.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

drrockso20 posted:

How far into it did you get, cause supposedly it gets really good after a couple episodes

Just the first one so maybe it does!? I’ll grab a couple random ones from the middle and report back.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
(Miraculous) So since it wasn't the first part of the second half of the season, I'm guessing that the Wasp Trilogy is the end of the season. Should be a fun watch, but I was excited to watch it sooner rather than later. Based on the release timeline, it'll be exciting to see them April 2019!

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
'Zombiezou' was hands-down the best zombie spoof since Shaun Of The Dead. Who would have thought that replacing 'death' with 'love' would work so well for a zombie plague?

Funny to see how even a show with the budget of Miraculous has to cut corners, though. "No point detailing the school's roof - what are the odds that we'll ever have a big scene up there?" [Two years later] "poo poo, these tiles look like they were done on an N64!"

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Kisssssuuuuuuuuuu

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Been watching OK KO, and I cannot feel sorry for Elodie - she was the one who burnt that bridge so Enid giving up on her and no longer considering her a friend was her own fault. She just comes across as a hypocrite.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Apr 15, 2018

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

BioEnchanted posted:

Been watching OK KO, and I cannot feel sorry for Elodie - she was the one who burnt that bridge so Enid giving up on her and no longer considering her a friend was her own fault. She just comes across as a hypocrite.

we have an OK KO thread

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
Justice League Action never got any better, right? I watched the first few episodes and it seemed cheaply animated and pretty uninspired, and I haven't heard anything since then.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Its actually surprisingly fun once it moves away from the same Batman/Superman/Wonderman stuff and starts looking at other characters. There's a pretty good episode that puts Harley Quinn and Gorilla Grodd in some scenes together and that's a dynamic I had no idea I'd enjoy.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Sorry, spoilered that post, wasn't thinking. Ironically I was avoiding the thread to avoid spoilers myself. :v:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

nerdman42 posted:

Its actually surprisingly fun once it moves away from the same Batman/Superman/Wonderman stuff and starts looking at other characters. There's a pretty good episode that puts Harley Quinn and Gorilla Grodd in some scenes together and that's a dynamic I had no idea I'd enjoy.

Harley is either the best or the worst in all her media.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

How can a show where Mark Hamil talks to himself be bad?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Mimir posted:

Justice League Action never got any better, right? I watched the first few episodes and it seemed cheaply animated and pretty uninspired, and I haven't heard anything since then.

Most of why nobody talked about it is because Cartoon Network only showed it once a week at like 6 AM.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

VolticSurge posted:

How can a show where Mark Hamil talks to himself be bad?

Mark Hamil is the only one who talks in that entire short.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So this Gumball clip I've never seen showed up in my recommendations on youtube for whatever reason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CrCWmUFLOw

Is this just secretly a scene from a movie or something cause dang. The music and the animation and the camera work and everything feels like a clip from a movie. It makes me want to see how a theatrical Gumball movie would look with the extra budget. The creator said something to the effect of "what would people think of a Gumball movie?" on twitter one time and I'm even more interested now after seeing this clip.

The bit where Gumball's dad is trying to delivery that last pizza is also up there in terms of movie quality

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nah, Gumball just kinda has good production values when they want. There was also that time they actually contracted an anime studio to animate a fight scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0Sy6GJAQto

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Macaluso posted:

So this Gumball clip I've never seen showed up in my recommendations on youtube for whatever reason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CrCWmUFLOw

Is this just secretly a scene from a movie or something cause dang. The music and the animation and the camera work and everything feels like a clip from a movie. It makes me want to see how a theatrical Gumball movie would look with the extra budget. The creator said something to the effect of "what would people think of a Gumball movie?" on twitter one time and I'm even more interested now after seeing this clip.

The bit where Gumball's dad is trying to delivery that last pizza is also up there in terms of movie quality

Yeah, that episode won a BAFTA for good reason. I'm sure it had a higher budget than a typical episode, but that really does make it especially exciting to see what they could do with a feature film budget.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I think I've said it before but I really have to start watching Gumball.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The first season is pretty standard stuff, but starting in the second season, they really start finding a voice and trying really interesting things.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Tangentially related to the thread title

https://twitter.com/NickSplat/status/985895737488805889

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I had no idea how many sketches the Amanda Show stole/reused - I swear I saw cooking with Sherri and Terri on there a few times. And the French Language Bathtub clips.