Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

tower time posted:

European powers also had an agreed upon interest in not purposely maiming without killing each other's soldiers, something that was once considered a valid tactic of war as it would remove the soldier from the field and also burden the enemy nation's resources in then providing for that soldier. WW1-era gas was significantly more likely to maim than kill (once soldiers were outfitted with gas masks and other equipment fatality figures for mustard gas dropped to about 2% by british estimates) incapacitating soldiers for several weeks with trouble breathing and painful blisters in the short term, and scarred throat tissue and neurological damage in the long term. Survivors were a financial burden on the military and the state compared to those who simply died to bullets or artillery, and people interacting with maimed survivors might be less willing to fight or support the state in a future conflict.

That’s been inverted now that the interest is in minimizing KIA has lead to blast injuries creating amputees and TBIs while the frag vest keeps the troop alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/jacobawohl/status/984971358206488576?s=21

well one chud is very satisfied with the bombings

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

That’s been inverted now that the interest is in minimizing KIA has lead to blast injuries creating amputees and TBIs while the frag vest keeps the troop alive.

my idea is to remove the limbs of soldiers before they ever see combat and outfit them with prosthetics. yes, they will be less functional, but they will also not require rehabilitation when they get their limbs blown off..

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

that's baghdad lmao

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
facts dont matter in the wohl zone buddy

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

cargo cult posted:

glenn greenwalds had some pretty interesting takes on immigration himself

You mean this?

http://glenngreenwald.blogspot.com/2005/11/gop-fights-itself-on-illegal.html?m=1

quote:

That was a 6 yrs ago: 3 weeks after I began blogging, when I had zero readers. I've discussed many times before how there were many uninformed things I believed back then, before I focused on politics full-time - due to uncritically ingesting conventional wisdom, propaganda, etc. I've written many times since then about how immigrants are exploited by the Right for fear-mongering purposes. I'm 100% in favor of amnesty, think defeat of the DREAM Act was an act of evil, etc. That said, I do think illegal immigration is a serious problem: having millions of people live without legal rights; having a legal scheme that is so pervasively disregarded breeds contempt for the rule of law; virtually every country - not just the U.S. insists on border control because having a manageable immigration process is vital on multiple levels. But that post is something I wrote literally a few weeks after I began blogging when nobody was reading my blog; it was anything but thoughtful, contemplative, and informed, and - like so many things I thought were true then - has nothing to do with what I believe now. 

That's why Obama cultists have to dig back 6 years into my archives to try to find things to discredit me.

why are libs always so disingenuous

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
Im not a lib lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/QZakarya/status/985303613571551232

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

death is the correct solution

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/JoseJuMarti/status/984993610876715013

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

quote:

In my opinion Regime supporters are the most despicable beings you can ever engage with in a conversation. They are ideologues woven by fascist rhetoric and are often quite violent when confronted with facts. I had a Lebanese guy almost lunge at me with a knife in hand before being kicked out in bar because I confronted him with facts. They are pretty much akin to engaging with Skin-heads/GoldenDawn/Brown Shirts in conversation. The only exception is that the older generation whom support the regime do not have the strength to physically brawl with you so they will call you names instead.

tfw assadists turn into the incredible hulk upon being confronted with facts

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

"almost lunged at me" is doing a lot of work there.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Every bar has that one guy who just comes in looking for an opportunity to lay down sick Assad truths backed by pure science.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

What could a Lebanese man know about Syria that I, an internet pedant wouldn't?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Word filter Assad into The Lion Assad

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jose posted:

Word filter Assad into The Lion Assad

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

(shouting at loud bar) And that's why a lot of people think Baathism is really Arab fascism
Hot girl: What??

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Karl Barks posted:

(shouting at loud bar) And that's why a lot of people think Baathism is really Arab fascism
Hot girl: What??

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Lion The Lion Assad

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Bashar Al-Ossoff

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Lol "Obama cultists"

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

"almost lunged at me" is doing a lot of work there.

so's "facts"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Lol "Obama cultists"

glenn greenwald was paradol ex all along

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/985557631283720192

war smarter, not harder

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
Bomb more of Assad's stuff 👌👌👌👌

https://twitter.com/QalaatAlMudiq/status/985535363035942912?s=19

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Imperialist running dog Brown Moses uses NATO reporting names,his shibboleth betraying his position as an atlanticist lackey

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

gently caress science!!!

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

punch fascists imo

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

stop hitting yourself

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

where's the assad thread

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I believe the bar story but "confronting" random dudes in Beirut bars with "facts" sounds like a way to get your rear end kicked generally.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I believe the bar story but "confronting" random dudes in Beirut bars with "facts" sounds like a way to get your rear end kicked generally.

and be deserving of it too

THS
Sep 15, 2017

which parent failed you hardest

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
*in a Beirut bar*

Assad is good!

*gets beat up by Sunnis*

Ow oh gently caress. Uhh... Trump is good! And Bush!

*gets beat up by Shiites*

Oh why oh God uhh. Hezbollah is good!

*gets beat up by Maronites*

No Jesus oh gently caress owwww. Uhh... Israel is good?

*gets beat up by everybody*

:rip:

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just realized how ridiculous it is that to save Syrian from chemical weapons we bombed the poo poo out of chemical facilities that are right next door to residential areas.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Frijolero posted:

Just realized how ridiculous it is that to save Syrian from chemical weapons we bombed the poo poo out of chemical facilities that are right next door to residential areas.

the zoning in damascus is an absolute mess

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Umm excuse me it's called military TACTICS have none of you read Clausewitz geeze

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

Frijolero posted:

The assad regime isn't even pretending that civilians were massacred lol

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

They are going with the story that it was a Toy Chemical Factory tho lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013