Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Libluini posted:

Makes me glad I'm only using this thread as a handy source to get new and interesting videos to watch. This way, I'm perfectly safe from ever showing up in that statistic!

keep posting buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Paradoxless/status/985536984276963328

Because of this kerfuffle I've actually started watching Larry's videos, and they're actually pretty good for list style videos.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Delete this :mad:
*moves up the list*

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
I will become the Guru Larry of this thread!
Why Is Watership Down So Messed Up?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKewXapT6As

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Sarcopenia posted:

That's a very good question! And a pretty good video answer.

I remember reading the book ages ago, and while a lot of the details escape me now the scene that's stuck with me was when Hazel nearly convinces Woundwort that they could join forces and work together, and for a brief moment Woundwort could actually see peace as an option before his pride took over again. I dunno why but that's the part I remember the most.

Also looking up on wiki to make sure I had the names right I found out there was a TV series that ran for three seasons.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I've seen a lot of Doug Walker reviews and I have a few things to say

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Man, the new Channel Awesome roster looks great.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Hey remember that time Doug Walker got the VAs for Pinky and the Brain to drop F bombs for a minute?

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Leal posted:

Hey remember that time Doug Walker got the VAs for Pinky and the Brain to drop F bombs for a minute?

TBH that sounds like something they'd do anyway

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Leal posted:

I preferred the time Rob Paulson strangled Bennett for questioning Evangelion.

https://twitter.com/PawsomeSquire/status/985575338062295040

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 15, 2018

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Moatman posted:

TBH that sounds like something they'd do anyway

yea you do not have to ask too much for either of them to happily drop all the curses you want in character voices.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
"Slain Phelous"

Phelous has it stated in his will that should he pass away beforehand, he wants Dave Coulier to conduct the funeral ceremony.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Sarcopenia posted:

Man, Watership Down really hit me when I saw it as a child, and then read the book. I love it.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

MonsieurChoc posted:

Man, Watership Down really hit me when I saw it as a child, and then read the book. I love it.

I still weep like a child when I see scenes from the movie. Even this review was hard to watch. Goddamnit, Watership Down hits like a truck.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
So, bluntly. What is Brad gonna do?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Tracula posted:

We'll wait and see. That's about all anyone can say right now until Brad speaks up.

Warren
Aug 9, 2009

What the-

Sarcopenia posted:

I'm not sure how I never saw this as a kid or read the book but I can say the video inspired me to do both.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Tracula posted:

Dunno.

He's said he's gonna stay, but so have others during the course of the week and they've all left, typically after trying to talk with CA themselves.

Of everybody that's been on the site, he's probably the least impacted by leaving CA due to having his own site and video archives. But it's up to the man himself, not for us to decide for him.

Warren posted:

I'm not sure how I never saw this as a kid or read the book but I can say the video inspired me to do both.

That's when you know you've watched a good review, when it actively makes you want to watch something yourself.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Warren posted:

Do it.

Also, the team who made Watership Down made another animated film also based on a book by Richard Adams called Plague Dogs.

Serious warning: if Watership Down is a difficult watch DO NOT RESEARCH PLAGUE DOGS ANY FURTHER!

Alternatively, if you enjoy weeping like a baby, go right ahead and track it down.

When I bought the thing it took me almost 6 months to work up the guts to watch it, coz I knew what it was going in - even though I was never that hard affected by Watership Down.

Kay cries at the thought of dead doggos

KayTee fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 15, 2018

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Tracula posted:

he could probably make it on his own i think.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Kinda wondering if there's truth to the rumours that Doug is waiting to jump

How have I made 20 posts in the thread already when I barely remember 2

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

So Blockbuster Buster released a video about leaving. Turns out he knew as little as Joe about this stuff because he generally stays off social media.

Also apparently the only one who would talk to him during his time there was Linkara, to the point where he found out about a bunch of the big events with the fans. (The one big event he was actually a part of was planned by Linkara).

Here's his video

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

any reviews on figurines?

e: I have a cool Illidan one

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Oh hey, everyone's fave ShapeShifting 4 armed 3 eyed cat shaped being has posted the Cabin Fever Dreams of this year!

I wonder if the first few seconds of his vids are supposed to get weirdly muted due to high frequencies or my wireless headphones are just messed up.

Kunster fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 15, 2018

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Senerio posted:

So Blockbuster Buster released a video about leaving. Turns out he knew as little as Joe about this stuff because he generally stays off social media.

Also apparently the only one who would talk to him during his time there was Linkara, to the point where he found out about a bunch of the big events with the fans. (The one big event he was actually a part of was planned by Linkara).

Here's his video
I watched that video yesterday, I have to say that Erod has earned alot of respect from me because of it. It's really just a guy with a simple dream wanting to make people have fun. And Linkara keeps proving himself as a stand-up dude.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
So uh, not to interrupt Channel Awesome fun times, but there's a guy named nerdSlayer I've been watching who has a fun series he does called "Death of a Game." Typically it's been about how this or that MMO game flamed out but there's been other stuff, such as the history of Visceral Games and Troika Games. I haven't watched all of his videos but the ones I have, have been enjoyable.

The most recent one was on FireFall.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

KayTee posted:

Do it.

Also, the team who made Watership Down made another animated film also based on a book by Richard Adams called Plague Dogs.

Serious warning: if Watership Down is a difficult watch DO NOT RESEARCH PLAGUE DOGS ANY FURTHER!

Alternatively, if you enjoy weeping like a baby, go right ahead and track it down.

When I bought the thing it took me almost 6 months to work up the guts to watch it, coz I knew what it was going in - even though I was never that hard affected by Watership Down.

I loved The Plague Dogs when I was a child. There was a van that would come round and rent out videos must have rented it over one hundred times.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Holly Brown’s twitter has been nothing but Guru Larry memes for the last two days. It’s making me a little uncomfortable. I hope she’s ok.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I don't want to the funpolice, especially considering Rule 2 of my own thread; but Guru Larry isn't 100% clean. I guess that's the best way to put his (actually) hilarious behaviour wrt being the last CA contributor and his other behaviour in the past.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Kunster posted:

Oh hey, everyone's fave ShapeShifting 4 armed 3 eyed cat shaped being has posted the Cabin Fever Dreams of this year!

I wonder if the first few seconds of his vids are supposed to get weirdly muted due to high frequencies or my wireless headphones are just messed up.

Have his intros always been this tryhard? I usually skip them because I'm here for the content, not the stupid skits, but I ended up sitting through that one and it's infuriatingly stupid and overwrought.

ETA:
Holy poo poo all these things are unfunny bullshit. This is bad even for Nick Nocturne.

Puppy Time fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 16, 2018

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

Zedd posted:

I watched that video yesterday, I have to say that Erod has earned alot of respect from me because of it. It's really just a guy with a simple dream wanting to make people have fun. And Linkara keeps proving himself as a stand-up dude.

Erod always came off to me like he was just a super excitable person doing what he loves, same as Angry Joe.

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!

a.lo posted:

any reviews on figurines?

e: I have a cool Illidan one

The only person I know who reviews figurines (that aren't cheap knockoffs ala Ashens) is BardicBroadcasts but he rarely uploads. Here is some weird Medusa thing he did. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eMbrkEIHQ4

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Zedd posted:

I don't want to the funpolice, especially considering Rule 2 of my own thread; but Guru Larry isn't 100% clean. I guess that's the best way to put his (actually) hilarious behaviour wrt being the last CA contributor and his other behaviour in the past.

What do you mean? What did he do?

DoctorGonzo1969
Apr 8, 2018

VanSandman posted:

What do you mean? What did he do?

He supported GamerGate. Generally from what I've gleamed of Larry, he's a bit of an anti-PC conservative-ish person.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

There’s worse people.

DoctorGonzo1969
Apr 8, 2018

CelticPredator posted:

There’s worse people.

Oh most certainly. Still leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth though. At the very least, all of the jokes about Larry being one of the only people still left on CA has given me some laughs to stave off the depressing feelings from the drama.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://youtu.be/A8mLUCoDRsA

Sad Panda's Forget About It episode on the first year anniversary special. Seems oddly prescient now.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
As a distraction from CA drama, has anybody seen Chadtronic? My kids (11 and 13) watch him and he gets a couple of good laughs from me every now and then. His videos are mostly comedy reactions to news reports, old training video, and other things. He’s got very good production quality on his videos. Here’s a couple of videos.

“Parents troubled over Animal Jam”
https://www.youtube.com/vPwBEmqh3jE

“Circuit City DIVX training video”
https://www.youtube.com/P8VQrabM_Mo

volts5000 fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 16, 2018

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

KayTee posted:

Do it.

Anyone remember the weird Nine lives of Garfield movie? IIRC it had a sequence pretty obviously inspired by plague dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I've never posted myself in the thread because, well, I'm not incredible and I'm also not a critic but I do make a Something Awful history video every once in a while and I'd like to start doing it more often. I've covered Kevin Havens, David Hockey, and here's my latest video on Sonic in the Search for Love.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpvoon27lAU&t=1s