Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Drew Barrymore is a zombie and Timothy Olyphant is handsome! Season two is really good! Watch this show!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Free for all or black boxes?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Good question tbh since we're past general Netflix spoiler rules by now, I think. Maybe start off with black boxes and if the thread ends up populated with people who've already watched, drop 'em?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

"If you fuckers try to leave me somewhere, I will track you down and give you so much poo poo it will make the time you didn’t take me to see One Direction feel like a walk in the goddamn park.”

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

esperterra posted:

Good question tbh since we're past general Netflix spoiler rules by now, I think. Maybe start off with black boxes and if the thread ends up populated with people who've already watched, drop 'em?

So not tits to teeth yet.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
It’s really pretty impressive how much they fixed the pacing this year. Nothing gets really overplayed and they’re much more willing to give a good setup some room to breathe for the payoff.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, the pacing this season was great, I don't think there was really a wasted moment. The first season took a couple episodes to really hit a stride, though. But season two is great from the start. Super excited to see where they take season 3.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

esperterra posted:

Yeah, the pacing this season was great, I don't think there was really a wasted moment. The first season took a couple episodes to really hit a stride, though. But season two is great from the start. Super excited to see where they take season 3.

I watched a 50 min panel thing with the cast, and Tim said they took the best beats of season 1 and made it consistant across season 2.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
I am about halfway through S2. The disabled Nazi bit and the Nazi cherrywood shelves bit had me in stitches.

This show is easily one of my favorite Netflix originals if you can get past S1's slow start.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedbutterfly posted:

I am about halfway through S2. The disabled Nazi bit and the Nazi cherrywood shelves bit had me in stitches.

This show is easily one of my favorite Netflix originals if you can get past S1's slow start.

The bookshelf is gold.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

twistedbutterfly posted:

Nazi-occupied cherrywood shelves. :colbert:

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Axe-weilding Abby kicking in the door in full tactical get-up was awesome. I hope we get more of that.

Also Ramona.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Everything to do with the quest to make a bookshelf is perfect.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The scene where Joel tangos with the Colonel is very Better Off Ted, which makes sense.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
"What's cracking, clam assassins?" Abby is great. :allears:

Also Eric, Rick, Lisa & Ann. The writers really polished the character work up to a glorious shine this season.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Have they paired Eric and Sheila up for any adventures yet?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Slamhound posted:

Also Ramona.

I'm glad they didn't drag out her relationship with Eric. That wouldv'e gotten old real quick.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Davros1 posted:

I'm glad they didn't drag out her relationship with Eric. That wouldv'e gotten old real quick.

Same, but I miss her being around in general. She was one of the highlights of S1.

I loved Lisa this season. Turns out she's an A++ person all around. Her scenes with Abby were great.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ann is also a great character and I'm glad she got a larger role. I love that actress whose name I can never remember.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
Finished the season. What a blast the finale was.

I really love Joel. My husband better be willing to help me murder my own lobster tank should I end up with such a disease.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Liv Hewson's Instagram is gone nuts with lesbians today.
Pretty funny.

https://instagram.com/p/Bg4DO59HXId/

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I liked Ramona going to Seattle. Nice little shoutout to fellow zombie show iZombie.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Season 2 was probably the best stretch of comedy I've seen since they cancelled The Grinder. So glad they learned from season 1's pacing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing I thought was a little bit of a misstep was the stuff with Zachary Knighton, mainly because it doesn't really have a pay off. However I don't know when the last time I've laughed so hard and so consistently at a show. One of my favorite bits was when they were yelling at Principal Novak and Joel says he'll be hearing from their lawyer, which was a character he had just been pretending to be.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I wouldn't say that. He destroyed the clams, that was the point of him here, and he's obviously going to continue to be a major character in S3.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, there's obviously deeper story with him and the spider ball thingies and everything else but I agree that it felt like it came up a little short narratively. My only real criticism about the show is that in its very short order both times it felt like it left a lot on the table. Last season it was a real downer that it ended the way it did. This season it really nailed a fever pitch and crazy moment to end on that made it ok. But there's that whole Mr. Ball Legs thing that didn't exactly go nowhere but definitely didn't feel like it reached any kind of natural stopping or pause point before the season ended.

But hey, something to look forward to for S3.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Could a mod edit the thread title so it says Santa Clarita Diet?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Gaunab posted:

Could a mod edit the thread title so it says Santa Clarita Diet?

Seconding lol. My stoned rear end didn't stop to think 'oh wait maybe I shouldn't abbreviate this' til after I pooped the thread out.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

SEASON 3 PEOPLE!

https://twitter.com/livhewson/status/993884223420313602

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

HYPE ACTIVATED

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
nice. this is THE most underrated comedy on tv right now. maybe of the decade.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Awesome! More people need to watch this.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Walrus posted:

tbf that will always go to Nirvanna the Band the Show because only like 3 people watch it

but this is super underrated yes

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I can't take him with me because of 9/11.

Had me in stitches for several minutes.

The Walrus posted:

I think Patriot might edge this out by a hair. But yes, it's quite good.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Joel is the best sitcom character in a really, really long time.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Walrus posted:

It takes a little bit to get into the vibe, because everyone seems to act so unrealistically to her condition at first.

Then you start to realize they're actually going completely loving insane and it's mostly shell shock, and that's when the show really gets good. It just requires sticking with the first season a bit to 'get it.'

That said.. 32 posts for the whole thread before this reply? 33 I guess now? Ouch.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

I just finished both seasons and once it got rolling, I was hooked. This needs more views, Joel is the best.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

I just finished both seasons and once it got rolling, I was hooked. This needs more views, Joel is the best.

I've told a bunch of people irl to watch this show but I've found it kind of hard to sell (same with iZombie). Maybe I'm just not good at pushing the whole fungore w/brain-eating genre on people but Calrita Diet is so drat fun. I watched all of season 2 in a day, it's almost too bingeworthy.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Went back and finished this, first half of S2 was a tad slow despite some cool scenes but the back half more than made up for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Finally finished going through S2, this show needs a lot more attention, it's good as hell. You can definitely tell that it's the same guy behind Better Off Ted too.

Still surprised by Joe gory it is though. It never bothers me but Gary's viscera on S1 got me cringing.

• Locked thread