Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Don't worry too much, he'll come good again the next time his contract is up for renewal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Paddy McCartin was the Saints #1 player to send the ball inside 50 tonight. He was also the only dedicated tall forward we had. My faith in the coaching staff is very quickly diminishing.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Cancel football tia

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Solemn Sloth posted:

Cancel football tia

Same

I've decided I don't care about AFL until the NBA playoffs are over or Crows become good again, whichever comes first.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I remember when I gave up on football and watched nfl, saw my team win a super bowl, and then saw them try to cover up and whitewash their running back dragging his unconscious fiancé out of an elevator after punching her

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Chairchucker posted:

Same

I've decided I don't care about AFL until the NBA playoffs are over or Crows become good again, whichever comes first.

Go sixers

Solemn Sloth posted:

I remember when I gave up on football and watched nfl, saw my team win a super bowl, and then saw them try to cover up and whitewash their running back dragging his unconscious fiancé out of an elevator after punching her

They've taken care of the real problem though, Colin Kaepernick has been black balled and won't ever play again

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Go sixers

Chairchucker posted:

Same

I did this last year, but I watched my team get flogged in the first round of the NHL playoffs and had to come crawling back.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Who would have thunk that getting an intercept tall to play one on one would bite you.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
he was playing third tall today as we had frost and o. mcdonald as the key defenders, but he was still sucky

the entire defence today had no leadership, everyone was running around like headless chooks

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Chairchucker posted:

Same

I'd go with this if the Knicks weren't allergic to the playoffs

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I need to watch the dees game

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

thepokey posted:

I'd go with this if the Knicks weren't allergic to the playoffs

Bandwagon the 6ers and the Jazz imo

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Footy is good again. That Stringer bloke goes ok, pity Daniher has reverted to baby giraffe mode

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

From what I saw of the bombers game Stringer just got given easy goals out the back?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Crows game was the only pick I got wrong, way to twist the knife :smith:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Solemn Sloth posted:

From what I saw of the bombers game Stringer just got given easy goals out the back?

Two goals pulled from his arse in the pockets and two just sitting loose in the goalsquare.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Doesn't change the fact he is still a poo poo person

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Early in the season but that performance against the hawks dropped the demons 8 positions on the ladder and lost them 25 points in percentage

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I kind of feel like Stringer would have been a better match for St Kilda, scandal-wise

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

Early in the season but that performance against the hawks dropped the demons 8 positions on the ladder and lost them 25 points in percentage

James massola has an article on the age about the ethical dilemma of being a melbourne supporting parent

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

NPR Journalizard posted:

Doesn't change the fact he is still a poo poo person

Um no. I think you'll find that if you can kick a leather ball between two big poles multiple times then it excuses any and all bad stuff you have done.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

BrigadierSensible posted:

Um no. I think you'll find that if you can kick a leather ball between two big poles multiple times then it excuses any and all bad stuff you have done.

A secular version of saying Three Hail Marys if you will

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

snaeksikn posted:

I kind of feel like Stringer would have been a better match for St Kilda, scandal-wise

Nah we are saving that for when we trade him to St Kilda later and he gets involved in an even bigger scandal in the off season

Also yeah his goals weren’t some impressive individual feat. He got a few super easy ones hangin back. That said, at least he was playing in the forward line where he was meant to be. That’s more impressive Woosha relented and moved him forward and Hooker back.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

thepokey posted:

Nah we are saving that for when we trade him to St Kilda later and he gets involved in an even bigger scandal in the off season

Also yeah his goals weren’t some impressive individual feat. He got a few super easy ones hangin back. That said, at least he was playing in the forward line where he was meant to be. That’s more impressive Woosha relented and moved him forward and Hooker back.

Feel like worsfold doesn’t get enough credit for taking a workman forward in Hooker and transitioning him into a potential All Australian key defender

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Solemn Sloth posted:

Feel like worsfold doesn’t get enough credit for taking a workman forward in Hooker and transitioning him into a potential All Australian key defender

He is a pharmacist by qualification and is good at creating chemistry. A perfect fit for Essendon imo.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Lecras bumped someone and their heads clashed. In round 4, 2018, this means there is no case to answer because the head clash was an accident, but the bump was otherwise fair. Can’t wait to see if that stays consistent this year!

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Is there a video that actually shows the head clash?

realbez posted:

Lecras bumped someone and their heads clashed. In round 4, 2018, this means there is no case to answer because the head clash was an accident, but the bump was otherwise fair. Can’t wait to see if that stays consistent this year!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Sorry for linking the AFL site, but it's not on youtube:

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2018-04-14/lecras-with-a-heavy-hit-on-ainsworth

There's no head clash, it's just a solid, clean bump.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

MysticalMachineGun posted:

The Crows game was the only pick I got wrong, way to twist the knife :smith:

Both Adelaide teams ruined my tipping :argh:

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Diet Crack posted:

Sorry for linking the AFL site, but it's not on youtube:

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2018-04-14/lecras-with-a-heavy-hit-on-ainsworth

There's no head clash, it's just a solid, clean bump.

It would be nice to see it from the other angle, but yeah im not seeing much in that. Le Cras' head didnt move much.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Watching it live on tele with different angles, his head wasn't even so much as touched by anything other than the turf. It was just a rattling hit to the shoulder, and that happens to concuss people from time to time.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

thepokey posted:

Also yeah his goals weren’t some impressive individual feat.

The boundary line set shot and bounced snap were impressive imo

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I’m glad the west coast posters came in to defend lecras, but there was no need. I’m not saying he should have been suspended, just that he would have been suspended in previous years. He did bump his head with his forehead, at least Michael Christian thinks he did if you bother to watch his mrp review video on the afl site. Accidental head clashes shouldn’t result in suspension, but they have before when the player elects to bump and I guarantee they will again. Again, before you continue an argument with me that I’m not having: whether or not they bumped heads is immaterial because Michael Christian believes they did, but didn’t punish lecras.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

realbez posted:

, at least Michael Christian thinks he did if you bother to watch his mrp review video on the afl site.

Thats why i asked for a video. Im ok with Eagles players getting done for breaking the rules, I just didnt see a rule that was broken in the footage I saw. It was nowhere near as bad as the Crows one the NT was defending.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

realbez posted:

I’m glad the west coast posters came in to defend lecras, but there was no need. I’m not saying he should have been suspended, just that he would have been suspended in previous years. He did bump his head with his forehead, at least Michael Christian thinks he did if you bother to watch his mrp review video on the afl site. Accidental head clashes shouldn’t result in suspension, but they have before when the player elects to bump and I guarantee they will again. Again, before you continue an argument with me that I’m not having: whether or not they bumped heads is immaterial because Michael Christian believes they did, but didn’t punish lecras.

Yeah, because the MRP are correct and not imbeciles 100% of the time. Especially seeming they've left the responsibility to one person this year.

There's more footage of it now, still doesn't look like any head contact is made and LeCras' head doesn't even flinch - if they knocked heads you'd think he'd atleast touch his head but he just gallops off completely unaffected. The full brunt of it is all into the top of Ainsworth's shoulder.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 16, 2018

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Diet Crack posted:

Yeah, because the MRP are correct and not imbeciles 100% of the time. Especially seeming they've left the responsibility to one person this year.

I think you’re missing the point. The MRO believes there to have been a head clash and yet did not sanction Lecras despite him choosing to bump and causing contact to the head as a result. The point is whether he will hold to this standard for more than 5 minutes.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I'm not missing the point, I'm just reiterating from watching it live and seeing angles where it clearly shows there's no head clash, which in turn makes it a complete non issue and it doesn't even need to be reviewed for/used as an example for future cases. If this kind of bump is wrong in any kind of view or sense, then ban the bump altogether because that's about as clean as it gets.

I know we probably wont make it through the year with this being an established norm for the bump because it's the AFL. We set precedents every year and then in a few weeks they're completely altered.

e: Obviously it still needs to be reviewed on a case to case basis and I don't want to see players getting their heads whacked off either. I just don't want this to be a metric on how we adjudicate the bump because there "may have been a head clash but we're not really sure, so it's ok for now." If it were JK or Darling making that bump, Ainsworth would've probably come off a lot worse and knowing the system, it'd probably lead to a suspension somehow.

This is what I'm getting at:

" 'I’m certainly a believer that if you take the care to execute the bump fairly and there’s no foreseeable consequences that heads are going to clash, then certainly that will be taken into account,' Christian said.
'I’m not saying that every time we do get head clashes that players won’t be liable. But in this particular case, I don’t believe there was any liability at the hands of Mark LeCras.' "

The ambiguity leaves too much room for personal interpretation of what constitutes a severe head clash versus a non-actionable head clash. You either get hit in the loving head by some part of the oppositions body or you don't.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 16, 2018

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

N: Venables out 10-12 weeks with Ryan
V: gently caress, stop getting injured

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Murphy out for at least 4 weeks

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The Saints good year continues:

Roberton confirmed out indefinitely (probably at least 3 weeks min).
Koby Stevens out indefinitely with delayed concussion.
Paddy McCartin had his car stolen and house broken into.