Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

muscles like this! posted:

Deke wants to touch rat-holes with Daisy.

To be fair, who wouldn't?

And up until this episode, thought Ruby's outfit had a mesh panel in the front, but its padded I noticed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Deke and Daisy will be a couple. eventually, their son marries FitzSimmons daughter. It would explain a lot.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cant cook creole bream posted:

Deke and Daisy will be a couple. eventually, their son marries FitzSimmons daughter. It would explain a lot.

I'd like this theory but then the DNA scan they did would have said "Actually, he's related to 3."

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ApeHawk posted:

It sucked up two people (that we know of) and they have become part of it.

It's basically a Space Blob.

I didn't take it that way. I took it that the creator got sucked inside, then the CREATOR wanted to suck Quinn inside. I don't think it has a mind of it's own, it's just got minds stuck in it.

Hence the reason all the Gravotonium tech isn't being schizophrenic.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

I'd like this theory but then the DNA scan they did would have said "Actually, he's related to 3."
Once again, science get's in the way of a science fiction twist.
Fine then, In that case, I guess he'll just hook up with some random girl, when he get's rejected.

By the way, did Piper imply that she's into women? (Daisy's not her type, though.)

Blazing Ownager posted:

I didn't take it that way. I took it that the creator got sucked inside, then the CREATOR wanted to suck Quinn inside. I don't think it has a mind of it's own, it's just got minds stuck in it.

Hence the reason all the Gravotonium tech isn't being schizophrenic.

Yeah, this seems reasonable. The other Gravitonium we've seen in Deke's belt the spaceship and the skyship acted as you would expect from the stuff.
The science guy just did something weird to the stuff. So when he got sucked in, he basically became Sandman with gravity material instead of sand. Sucks for him that he was locked up in a gravity canceling box for the next few years.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Apr 15, 2018

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

cant cook creole bream posted:

By the way, did Piper imply that she's into women? (Daisy's not her type, though.)

I caught that too! It would be nice to have another queer person on the show since gay melty guy got whisked off into Narcos.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Blazing Ownager posted:

If he's only related to two people did fitzsimmons have a boy and a girl?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

hope and vaseline posted:

I caught that too! It would be nice to have another queer person on the show since gay melty guy got whisked off into Narcos.

They hinted at it in Season 4!

https://i.imgur.com/R2IIEvT.gifv

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Jusupov posted:

If he's only related to two people did fitzsimmons have a boy and a girl?

Don't make it weird and gross. Obviously, Deke's paternal grandparents are some nobodies, who aren't even in the DNA data base.

Unfortunately, it really can't be Daisy, because they sure as hell have her DNA, due to the Sakovia accords.

I want DaisyDeke to be a thing. Also I want her to have a boyfriend who doesn't die at the end of a season.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 15, 2018

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Urgh I totally hope they don't make Daisy and Deke a thing, but him having a crush on her I'm on board with. I'm eagerly waiting to see how they subvert the Deke must sacrifice himself to change the timeline cliché though.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

well, I'm assuming that in the previous timeline, Quake/Daisy successfully kept Coulson from sacrificing himself to the gravitonium, where now Deke (if he is a new addition to the timeline as implied) will successfully persuade Quake to let Coulson go, and in so doing carry out future-Yo-yo's advice.

Or he shoots her in the knee, that'd work too.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Xtanstic posted:

Urgh I totally hope they don't make Daisy and Deke a thing, but him having a crush on her I'm on board with. I'm eagerly waiting to see how they subvert the Deke must sacrifice himself to change the timeline cliché though.
They already had him sacrifice himself once this season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not super worried about Deke/Daisy because I agree with Deke that she doesn't like him one little bit.

Like even before his drugged out rant I was already reading it as Deke having a crush on her and Daisy kind of just tolerating the doofy rascal who sold her out to a slave trader once but kinda tried to make up for it.

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

Should we go with Deksy or Daiske? (Don't both are terrible)

Pretty certain the 'comply' speech might have been part of Hale's contingency plan cause that's the girl who was standing at Talbots' Wife's shoulder.
Hale knew he was programmed, and figured with him escaped he'd try and reach out to his family. This lets her get some last bits of use out of him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, it was obviously Hydra programming. The only real question is was Talbot's wife (a) willingly Hydra, (b) coerced/threatened, or (c) ignorant and kinda dumb. I lean towards B.

And I think my main problem with Daisy/Deke is that I still haven't really made peace with Coulson/May and while I love YoYo/Mack and Fitz-Simmons I'm gonna feel really weird if literally everyone's paired up.

But I really don't think its a concern because I think that was entirely being played for laughs and Daisy does not want to touch rat holes with Deke.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Apr 16, 2018

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, it was obviously Hydra programming. The only real question is was Talbot's wife (a) willingly Hydra, (b) coerced/threatened, or (c) ignorant and kinda dumb. I lean towards B.

It's obviously B

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Agreed but its technically in question and its not like "secret Hydra agent" is the weirdest thing some viewers ever predicted from the show.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ashye posted:

Should we go with Deksy or Daiske? (Don't both are terrible)

Daisy Dekes

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bruceski posted:

Daisy Dekes

I don't know you but I hate you.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

Agreed but its technically in question and its not like "secret Hydra agent" is the weirdest thing some viewers ever predicted from the show.

Why else would Hale's lackey be standing behind her nodding along as she read off the script?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Why else would Hale's lackey be standing behind her nodding along as she read off the script?

Like I said, I completely agree. I was just responding to some poster who questioned it and instead of being all smug and saying I "know" because context clues make it very, very, likely and getting dragged into an internet TVIV LOST hole I just decided to say "wait and see."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

Like I said, I completely agree. I was just responding to some poster who questioned it and instead of being all smug and saying I "know" because context clues make it very, very, likely and getting dragged into an internet TVIV LOST hole I just decided to say "wait and see."

Everyone is dead and Talbot's wife is just trying to get him to accept that and cross over to join his family :lost:

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Maybe she thought Talbot's wife wanted to talk after.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Talbot wouldn't be in such a dire state if he'd done a better job saving the cheerleader.

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Daisy Dekes

:frogout:

Wait, no..Only if Deke discovers and wears a pair.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

Talbot wouldn't be in such a dire state if he'd done a better job saving the cheerleader.

I just want you to know I appreciate A] this reference and B] your sacrifice.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

STAC Goat posted:

And I think my main problem with Daisy/Deke is that I still haven't really made peace with Coulson/May and while I love YoYo/Mack and Fitz-Simmons I'm gonna feel really weird if literally everyone's paired up.

But I really don't think its a concern because I think that was entirely being played for laughs and Daisy does not want to touch rat holes with Deke.

It cuts to Talbot's wife and she literally has tears running down her face as Hale's lackey hovers over her.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Is this gonna be the new "did he shoot the dog" thing?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

It cuts to Talbot's wife and she literally has tears running down her face as Hale's lackey hovers over her.
She literally doesn't.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Mymla posted:

She literally doesn't.

Yeah, she seemed fairly neutral to me which I think is intentional so we're left unsure of her loyalties.

If she's in collusion and deep Hydra mole, that script is probably because it's an extremely specific trigger to turn Talbot into The Manchurian Candidate.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I could have sworn she even rolled her eyes in that scene.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

That's just a bad still.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This is kind of why I just said "lets wait and see." Its 99.9% going to be answered entirely decisively in the next episode because its not really an important plot point or even a character we give a crap about. It was a plot device kept a little ambiguous because it was played as a last second twist. We don't need to fall down a hole trying to decipher something that probably wasn't meant to spark any debate. Lets not LOST this.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Except it wasn't ambiguous really, she's crying as she reads it, this is hard for her and she doesn't want to do it.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Ward didn't shoot the dog

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Moriatti posted:

That's just a bad still.

That's a hair.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Xtanstic posted:

Ward didn't shoot the dog

Yes, yes, and they just talked.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Mymla posted:

That's a hair.

And all those frown stress lines are also hairs.

EDIT: Nevermind that it's reflective and not the same colour as her hair what

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You're all getting so bogged down that the fact that that isn't even his wife and she's a new recruit with that second skin S.H.I.E.L.D. tech hasn't even occurred to any of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Maybe Daisy is one of her LMDs and the phone call was actually to the Framework where Fitz is still running things from outside. It seems pretty clear now that I think about it.