Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Did like that Talbot called the Daisy LMD a "skin job" a la Blade Runner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Yes!

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Moriatti posted:

And all those frown stress lines are also hairs.

EDIT: Nevermind that it's reflective and not the same colour as her hair what

Dude, watch the scene again. It moves around. It's extremely a hair.

She also rolls her eyes and smiles sarcastically, she's either in on it or she's just reading the weird script the weird woman gave her, probably the latter.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

I watched it a couple times because I have bad reflexes and can't pause well. She's in distress for sure.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

You're all getting so bogged down that the fact that that isn't even his wife and she's a new recruit with that second skin S.H.I.E.L.D. tech hasn't even occurred to any of you.

You're so full of it that you don't even realize that she's actually a Skrull.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
The person he's talking to on the phone is Garrett you dummies.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

jeesh, you all are making a big fuss over nothing. Talbot's wife is happy to comply, be happy for her.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Talbot's wife is a dreadlord actually.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Talbot’s wife is a robot hologram.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Mrs Talbot only mind washed her husband for personal reasons. Don't judge a loving couple. :colbert:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

cant cook creole bream posted:

Mrs Talbot only mind washed her husband for personal reasons. Don't judge a loving couple. :colbert:

I bet he picks up his loving socks now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Talbot's wife is possessed by Ghost Rider.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ghost Rider is possessed by Talbot's Wife, an LMD of a Skrull shifted into a Kree but really a Brood.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Talbot is a Goa'uld.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

You guys need to learn to watch TV better, I swear.

Late season reveal of an ally in a trusted position turns out to be secretly Hydra all along?

Talbot’s wife is obviously Ward playing the long game.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
I'm glad Talbot's Wife is the new Just Talking/The Dog Lived so we can take a break from time travel for awhile

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Mymla posted:

Talbot is a Goa'uld.

Hmm, trying to line up SG1 characters to SHIELD....

Nick Fury - Hammond (of Texas)

Coulson - O'Neill (leader)
May - Teal'c (heavy)
Daisy - Carter (great at fighting and technical stuff)
FitzSimmons - Jackson (they aren't really one character anymore, but I'm not sure where else to put Fitz... Mckay?)
Deke - I dunno... Jonas? It kinda works. Shows up in the fifth season, is a worse Daniel Jackson.

Ward - Apophis

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

OB_Juan posted:

FitzSimmons - Jackson (they aren't really one character anymore, but I'm not sure where else to put Fitz... Mckay?)

You know it's funny I had the exact thought go through my head as FitzSimmons HELO'd out of the plane last episode given their gradual progression from science nerds to field agents. I'm eagerly awaiting both of them to get jacked like Daniel did.

Does this mean that Talbot is Bra'tac? Deke is more of a MacKay than a Jonas IMO.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Xtanstic posted:

You know it's funny I had the exact thought go through my head as FitzSimmons HELO'd out of the plane last episode given their gradual progression from science nerds to field agents. I'm eagerly awaiting both of them to get jacked like Daniel did.

Does this mean that Talbot is Bra'tac? Deke is more of a MacKay than a Jonas IMO.

I think the obvious next step for tragic separation is for one of them to ascend.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

OB_Juan posted:

Deke - I dunno... Jonas? It kinda works. Shows up in the fifth season, is a worse Daniel Jackson.

Nobody deserves this.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

PierreTheMime posted:

I think the obvious next step for tragic separation is for one of them to ascend.

I mean... the Framework?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
His wife is a dog and he talked to it.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Talbot's wife was reading from a script because she thought it was part of his therapy. Hydra provided her with it under false pretenses.

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

Emerson Cod posted:

Talbot's wife was reading from a script because she thought it was part of his therapy. Hydra provided her with it under false pretenses.

This is my read, she's been told he escaped or something and is trying to help bring him in.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
We also don't know that is a Hydra agent with her. That could just be the twin sister of one of Hale's agents that is a babysitter or friend of the family who doesn't understand boundaries and privacy.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Since the Avengers movie is coming out on the 27th, do you think the episode that comes out will take place before or after the movie?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mraagvpeine posted:

Since the Avengers movie is coming out on the 27th, do you think the episode that comes out will take place before or after the movie?

It won't matter.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Literally can't matter, because Avengers Infinity War was bumped up a few weeks (or a week or something), meaning if there HAD been a planned connection, it's now out of line.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
At best it would be a throwaway line like with Thor: The Dark World or Age of Ultron.

"That was some poo poo with those Asgardians right?"
"The world is strange. Metal men hosed some poo poo up."

My guess would be someone mentioning an alien invasion and someone else going "You mean those guys in Wakanda?" and someone else goes "Different aliens."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Apoplexy posted:

Literally can't matter, because Avengers Infinity War was bumped up a few weeks (or a week or something), meaning if there HAD been a planned connection, it's now out of line.

AoS did go on hiatus for a bit. But it still won't matter. Wasn't the only tie in last year a book and the sling ring effect?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
AoS won't tie in to Infinity War, Infinity War will tie in to AoS. Thanos will give a speech to his team at the very start about how even the Confederacy and the Destroyer Of Worlds can't stop him, then the camera will pan to reveal Ward as the newest member of the Black Order. The credits roll ends with the text "Thanos will return in Marvel's Agents of SHIELD season 6."

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
At that point I'd be more annoyed with the lame movie universe's plots butting in and messing up our much higher quality TV show :colbert:.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Infinity war is probably gonna be a pretty meh movie, but I kinda feel like I have to see it.
It's over, Disney won.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Mymla posted:

Infinity war is probably gonna be a pretty meh movie, but I kinda feel like I have to see it.
It's over, Disney won.

How can you think it is going to be meh when the Russo Brothers have helmed two of the best MCU movies? More importantly, how can a movie with M'Baku and Bucky Barnes on the same side be meh?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Infinity War will probably be the movie where they finally start slaughtering people like younglings so I'm shocked that anyone would expect that to be meh, considering a big complaint of all the movies is that there's little stakes involved.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think the "IW will be just okay" line of thought comes less from what we know of the film and more of just that it's too big, too much to ever possibly be good. I'm kind of guilty of it as well, but I'm still excited to see it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Arist posted:

I think the "IW will be just okay" line of thought comes less from what we know of the film and more of just that it's too big, too much to ever possibly be good. I'm kind of guilty of it as well, but I'm still excited to see it.

Oh, okay. That's a fair perspective on it. I'm certainly going to see it too but well, here's hoping the logistics of making the movie happen doesn't turn anyone into a supervillain.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Arist posted:

Yeah, this. I just doubt they'll be able to have a movie with EVERY CHARACTER, MAN and actually do something good with those characters, unless the movie is like 3 hours long.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Mymla posted:

Yeah, this. I just doubt they'll be able to have a movie with EVERY CHARACTER, MAN and actually do something good with those characters, unless the movie is like 3 hours long.

Got me curious so I looked it up. 2 hours, 40 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

hamsystem posted:

Got me curious so I looked it up. 2 hours, 40 minutes.

Plus sitting through all the credits for the extra scenes.