Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm having a good time WATCHing this TV show, how is everybody else's Sunday going?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CCKeane posted:

I'm having a good time WATCHing this TV show, how is everybody else's Sunday going?

So far I’m on TRACK to have a great weekend

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

So far I’m on TRACK to have a great weekend

I have to admit I haven't watched discovery.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

Krell’s very presence distorts reality and corrupts games at their source. He needs to be removed before anymore damage is done.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm RF this smells bad.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Excuse me

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

A fart, was it? Forgiven.

Nevertheless, I'm suspicious, RF. I'm really suspicious.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Of what? Me not wanting Krell around? It’s hardly unprecedented

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

Of what? Me not wanting Krell around? It’s hardly unprecedented

Well two things, number one is that Krell is the heart and soul of mafia, and number two, it certainly seems like a lazy push that's sent out to act as feelers to see if momentum will swing...DOESN'T IT?!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If I weren’t already voting him perhaps

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Somberbrero posted:

:rolleyes:

Setup spec is usually a hallmark of scum discussion as it gives no inferences to alignment and generates the illusion of content, but all this is just silly. It strikes me as pointless at worse. It doesn't seem very fair to Krell to call them out on this point when you started the line of discussion. I presume you're just stirring the pot?

this is a total non-comment and I don't like it. Why, as town, would you feel the need to chime in with this? ##vote Atomic Soda

Dicky Bee this is clearly a joke.

The :rolleyes: emoticon tends to get tossed around by scum fairly often in this community.

As far as setup discussion goes, it is as much content as anything else on d1 and the heavy handed discrediting of it reflects poorly. Krell went into specific role information that seemed unconventional from the what I attempted to glean from the OP.

Seeing as you were recently SCUM in a game where I was TOWN, and you pressured me similarly, my antennae are raised.

I will say that in hindsight, the Krell vote wasn't a good one.

The small pile up on I R SMART LIKE ROCK looks bad. ROCK's comment was innocuous.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Is this really Yami's first game?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Yes. I have played a ton of Throne of Lies though, and read some older mafia games, so perhaps i look like I know what I'm doing.

Which i don't, by the way. I just think that rock is misinterpreting on purpose here.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Mostly the first one

AA's vote is dumb, but I'd vote for DB's post immediately following it. I don't like the way he takes the vote and softly me-toos it, and it tries to play up the "incredible lack of information" in a way that sounds fake.

Retro's follow-up is also bad, but more easily played off as a joke. All three are worth keeping in mind, really.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

zzyzx posted:

AA's vote is dumb, but I'd vote for DB's post immediately following it. I don't like the way he takes the vote and softly me-toos it, and it tries to play up the "incredible lack of information" in a way that sounds fake.

Retro's follow-up is also bad, but more easily played off as a joke. All three are worth keeping in mind, really.

To be clear, I’m not joking

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.

Hal Incandenza posted:

OK done AA is the scum ##vote AA

good job team

##vote aa

I believe

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

Retro Futurist posted:

To be clear, I’m not joking

Joke phase has officially ended a while ago so no one thinks you are. You're good.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

Joke phase has officially ended a while ago so no one thinks you are. You're good.

Well the post I directly responded to said I was joking sooooooooo

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

Retro Futurist posted:

Well the post I directly responded to said I was joking sooooooooo

Clearly that poster wasn't paying attention & was just skimming or else they would know joke phase was over

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

To be fair, we shouldn't really have a joke phase since it offers nothing to work with. :colbert:

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Yami Fenrir posted:

your vote appears to have failed and added a vote to yourself, just fyi.

##unvote thats weird, why did it add a vote to me?

db who do you think is scum at the moment? these are the posts of yours which make reads i saw, the last one implies you're thinking of rock for scum but i'd like to be sure.

Dick Bastardly posted:

Got my role. Yeah, seems to be a lot of setup spec going on.

I agree this is pretty specific for the incredible lack of solid info town would have at this point.

Dick Bastardly posted:

I see what you guys mean about IRSLR grasping to shade krell. Krell was (obviously, I think) stating that he/she values set-up spec posts over no posts, and would rather do the former versus the latter. But IRSLR somehow tries to twist that against krell by making it look like a lurker call out.

Interesting.

to be clear (trying to be clearer!) i'm suss of these two posts. they were made reasonably far apart for day 1, but together look like possible scum edging onto cases being made by others.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm suss of krell for the oddly specific set-up spec, IRSLR for his twisting of krell's response (could be bussing, who knows) and now this guy/gal:

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

##vote aa

I believe

bad vote on what seems to be a non-case.

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

This feels like nutsack is trying to control our perspective of others' posts and I think we can all discern for ourselves what is to be taken as a joke and what not. Rubs me wrong.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Just because I agree with a case that isn't my own doesn't make me scum by the way.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
hello I am back and ready to shitpost

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Dick Bastardly posted:

Just because I agree with a case that isn't my own doesn't make me scum by the way.

correct, it is your role pm that makes you scum

##vote Dick Bastardly

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

zzyzx posted:

Keane, on the other hand, has a very guilty look about him. We should vote for him.

Hey, can you explain this a bit? At the point in time that you had voted for CCKean. They had only made this post. Which I thought was a joke post:

CCKeane posted:

Hello I am the vigilante.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Rangoon has a bad vote, but not quite ready to OMGUS them.

Jokephase is garbage and should die in a fire.

I already stated that I'm wary about Somber. I would OMGUS them.

Yami reads and sounds like an experienced player making good contribution and commentary. For a new player, they are bring a lot to the table WRT to this thread.

More later. Working late because out all day tomorrow. Don't want to be fired, reprimanded, looked at coldly, etc.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Hey, can you explain this a bit? At the point in time that you had voted for CCKean. They had only made this post. Which I thought was a joke post:

After thoughtful consideration, he said he has the most powerful town role, and only a doofus would want to lynch a powerful town role.

##unvote
##vote Dick Bastardly

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

zzyzx posted:

After thoughtful consideration, he said he has the most powerful town role, and only a doofus would want to lynch a powerful town role.

##unvote
##vote Dick Bastardly

I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Whatcha thinking about RF?

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

CCKeane posted:

I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Whatcha thinking about RF?

It's a terrible vote, but I was kind of expecting retro to run with the vote for a while, and then say it was a joke and move on, and I would have believed that based on the timing and the content, and voted him after Dick or AA. He says the terrible vote was actually serious, so there's that.

Votefinder tells me retro is Opop with glasses and a fake nose, and I could see opop running with the vote based on nothing, or holding a grudge for who knows what. The terribleness of the vote doesn't change, though he's still not my first choice.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm really sorry for my absence, I'm having a full blown panic attack due to being overwhelmed by work and personal stuff. I know that's not an excuse, I'll try to get some good reads in tonight and get a handle on this game.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Yami reads and sounds like an experienced player making good contribution and commentary. For a new player, they are bring a lot to the table WRT to this thread.

Thank you for the vote of confidence :)

I know I may be tunneling on Rock a little bit, but something about their way of posting just doesn't gell well with me. Apart from what I've already said, I noticed this post:

quote:

So you don’t like the fact that I said we should give players some time to post? Harold’s next post is them saying everyone should have posted already as a courtesy

Which I feel like doesn't really rebuke my post at all? It just doubles down on their attempt to shade Harald, again with seemingly deliberate misinterpreting of their words. To me this looks less like a defense, and more of a "Don't look at me, look at them!" redirection, which feel scummy to me.

But granted, this is just d1. I don't have that many reads yet, and only two people I really think as town at the moment. But Rock still is my biggest scum read atm, and I'd be very interested to see how their flip would reflect on earlier discussion at some point.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I will say that in hindsight, the Krell vote wasn't a good one.

The small pile up on I R SMART LIKE ROCK looks bad. ROCK's comment was innocuous.

Especially in relation to this post. Commenting on a "2 man pileup" seems a bit strange. I don't think others found the comment quite as innocuous as they already stated, so this different opinion is weird.

I still feel like I'm tunneling in Rock atm, but this could also be AA defending his scumbro while trying to maintain distance, but I'm worried my opinion might be biased already.

As such, I'd like some thoughts from others?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

zzyzx posted:

##unvote
##vote Dick Bastardly

That's a fair point but at the same time why are we taking d1 claims at face value?

CCKeane posted:

Sorry I lost the time I should get a new WATCH.

CCKeane posted:

No I am have the most powerful town role.

CCKeane posted:

CCKeane posted:

I have to admit I haven't watched discovery.

I mean what's the play here; for a Doctor to be in this game and protect them? This isn't enough on it's own for a vote but I'll be on the look out for watcher claims as the game progresses

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Yami Fenrir posted:

Commenting on a "2 man pileup" seems a bit strange. I don't think others found the comment quite as innocuous as they already stated, so this different opinion is weird.

Is this a pileup or isn't it? If the pressure on Rock is only coming from 2 people then a different opinion is not weird; if people are generally agreeing that Rock is suspicious it's not a mere "2-man" pileup. You can't have it both ways.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Straight White Shark posted:

Is this a pileup or isn't it? If the pressure on Rock is only coming from 2 people then a different opinion is not weird; if people are generally agreeing that Rock is suspicious it's not a mere "2-man" pileup. You can't have it both ways.

AA is calling it a pileup, and I presumed it because of the two votes (well, mine and Atomic Soda's attempt at voting them.)

Which is especially curious to me since they didn't call out a pileup on Harold when two people insta-voted him.

What's your read on AA and Rock, Shark?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Yami Fenrir posted:

Thank you for the vote of confidence :)

I know I may be tunneling on Rock a little bit, but something about their way of posting just doesn't gell well with me. Apart from what I've already said, I noticed this post:

Which I feel like doesn't really rebuke my post at all? It just doubles down on their attempt to shade Harald, again with seemingly deliberate misinterpreting of their words. To me this looks less like a defense, and more of a "Don't look at me, look at them!" redirection, which feel scummy to me.

But granted, this is just d1. I don't have that many reads yet, and only two people I really think as town at the moment. But Rock still is my biggest scum read atm, and I'd be very interested to see how their flip would reflect on earlier discussion at some point.

Especially in relation to this post. Commenting on a "2 man pileup" seems a bit strange. I don't think others found the comment quite as innocuous as they already stated, so this different opinion is weird.

I still feel like I'm tunneling in Rock atm, but this could also be AA defending his scumbro while trying to maintain distance, but I'm worried my opinion might be biased already.

As such, I'd like some thoughts from others?

I noticed that you partially quoted me and left out the second half where I explicitly state that Harold is likely town. Then I go on to talk about the previous game where we had lurker guns and several lurkers got day lynched. This caused the game to progress through ~2-3 days very quickly and completely changed the group composition as they were all townies. I'll admit that I'm probably overly sensitive about this as Mord was a part of that game and would be aware of the issues we faced

So you don’t like the fact that I said we should give players some time to post? Harold’s next post is them saying everyone should have posted already as a courtesy

Anyway, I don’t think Harold is scum. I just don’t like that kind of behavior. We had a bunch of townies that got lynched due to timezone mismatches that made it seem like they were lurking in the dbz mafia 2 game and I don’t want a repeat

Also trying to get a vote going this early into the first day is kinda scummy

Yami, I honestly believe that you are town and that we got off to the wrong start. You're right to keep an eye on me if you feel that I'm acting weird but we've got a claimed Watcher that can solve this debate rather quickly

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I noticed that you partially quoted me and left out the second half where I explicitly state that Harold is likely town. Then I go on to talk about the previous game where we had lurker guns and several lurkers got day lynched. This caused the game to progress through ~2-3 days very quickly and completely changed the group composition as they were all townies. I'll admit that I'm probably overly sensitive about this as Mord was a part of that game and would be aware of the issues we faced

Yami, I honestly believe that you are town and that we got off to the wrong start. You're right to keep an eye on me if you feel that I'm acting weird but we've got a claimed Watcher that can solve this debate rather quickly

For what it's worth, I'd rather lynch a lurker. There are way too many people that aren't even in my spreadsheet yet because I only recorded people who posted.

I'm kind of curious about all these power claims in a game that's supposed to be role lite, actually. And yes, I noticed your "Harold is likely town" post, I quote stuff that sticks out to me. You'll notice this with AA's post I quoted earlier as well.

While you're here, what's your read on AA? They're kind of my biggest null-read atm.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Yami Fenrir posted:

For what it's worth, I'd rather lynch a lurker. There are way too many people that aren't even in my spreadsheet yet because I only recorded people who posted.

I'm kind of curious about all these power claims in a game that's supposed to be role lite, actually. And yes, I noticed your "Harold is likely town" post, I quote stuff that sticks out to me. You'll notice this with AA's post I quoted earlier as well.

While you're here, what's your read on AA? They're kind of my biggest null-read atm.

I've got to run an errand but on the lurker subject we do have a participant with only 1 post and what I believe to be less than 24 hours from d1 end: angry armadillo

I'll get back to the AA question as I'll need to re-read their posts

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Harold Krell (2): Anomalous Amalgam, Retro Futurist
Dick Bastardly (2): Straight White Shark, zzyzx
Anomalous Amalgam (2): Hal Incandenza, Nutsack Rangoon
I R SMART LIKE ROCK (1): Yami Fenrir
Atomic Soda (1): Somberbrero, Atomic Soda, Atomic Soda
CCKeane (0): zzyzx, zzyzx

Not Voting (7): angry armadillo, Atomic Soda, CCKeane, Dick Bastardly, Harold Krell, I R SMART LIKE ROCK, Sandwolf

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 17th, 2018 at 9 a.m. PDT -- that's in about 20 hours, 30 minutes.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I'm going to ##unvote for now. Still don't trust you entirely, but at least you post, so... you get to live. for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm pretty sure the power role claims were jokes...

• Locked thread