Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The little tag at the end of a trailer.

Usually saved for a joke or a cool moment. Think Thor saying “Who are you guys?” To the guardians of the galaxy in the first Infinity War trailer.

Or in the Meg’s case, the title card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
"Jim Carrey throws himself into the role w/ grim-faced determination" is the best quotation they could get?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Mr. Squishy posted:

"Jim Carrey throws himself into the role w/ grim-faced determination" is the best quotation they could get?

They originally went with "remember The Number 23?" but then they realized no one wants to be reminded of that movie!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Marton Csokas is great at being a villain though.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
He is, but what made the essay so good was that it kept you guessing whether the character was really a murderer, or just a colossal dipshit whose big mouth got him in over his head. I don't know if Csokas can sell the latter (particularly since he's doing that Hannibal Lecter malevolent grin all through the trailer).

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Here's the international trailer for The Meg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_06KCv96Ns

Gonna go buy a Roomba and strap a fin to its back.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Figured this because of Li Bing Bing casting

Was she in Pacific Rim 2? I liked that actress there.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Shageletic posted:

Was she in Pacific Rim 2? I liked that actress there.

In that movie there's Rinko Kikuchi from Japan. She was in the first one but gets killed early on here. She's great tho.

And then a newer chinese actress named Jing Tian.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Mierenneuker posted:

remember The Number 23?

You've got to be making GBS threads me (count the characters, including spaces)

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

In that movie there's Rinko Kikuchi from Japan. She was in the first one but gets killed early on here. She's great tho.

And then a newer chinese actress named Jing Tian.

I meant the newer chinese actress.

She was good. I feel bad for confusing her with the woman in Meg.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

You've got to be making GBS threads me (count the characters, including spaces)

That's pretty good.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm sure most of you are already sold on the movie, but this new Incredibles II trailer is not working for me. It looks like a bad family sitcom, the Mr. Mom stuff feels pretty regressive, there are already too many callbacks and references to the first film, and it feels like it's targeted to parents and kids in a very "family movie" kind of way that the first film deftly avoided despite the setup.

That midcentury house looks gorgeous, though.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

feedmyleg posted:

I'm sure most of you are already sold on the movie, but this new Incredibles II trailer is not working for me. It looks like a bad family sitcom, the Mr. Mom stuff feels pretty regressive, there are already too many callbacks and references to the first film, and it feels like it's targeted to parents and kids in a very "family movie" kind of way that the first film deftly avoided despite the setup.

That midcentury house looks gorgeous, though.

Pixar has earned a ton of credit with me, so I'll withhold judgement on the movie. That said, parts of the trailer really don't work for me, particularly the dinner scene.

HOWEVER: EDNA. MODE.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5ROSS9ReUY

Is anything going to stop Timothee Chalamet's quest for world domination? Looks like the answer is no.

No wonder this thread is called the A24 fellation station.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Jewmanji posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5ROSS9ReUY

Is anything going to stop Timothee Chalamet's quest for world domination? Looks like the answer is no.

No wonder this thread is called the A24 fellation station.

Looks real good to me, much better than the 4 other teen dramas A24 is pushing simultaneously. (I think it's gonna be a slower year for them)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I saw that trailer thinking it was The It Follows dude’s movie, but it still looks super awesome.

(So does his movie too)

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHzHOv6QsHs

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Looks real good to me, much better than the 4 other teen dramas A24 is pushing simultaneously. (I think it's gonna be a slower year for them)

yeah, I got on the A24 train because they kept pumping out loving amazing genre movies like Green Room and Free Fire and High Rise, I'm a little disappointed that they've apparently decided that teen dramas = :10bux:

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

yeah, I got on the A24 train because they kept pumping out loving amazing genre movies like Green Room and Free Fire and High Rise, I'm a little disappointed that they've apparently decided that teen dramas = :10bux:

i mean, those are still genre movies

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

there are some decent actors in there; il probably check it out

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Neil Maskell. Sign me up.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Well, it goes in waves. They had such an amazing 2016-2017 that there's absolutely going to be some downtime while they wrangle more prestige projects.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I've only seen the trailer and that is maybe the least convincing blind person performance I have ever seen. She doesn't pull it off in even one shot.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Hakkesshu posted:

I've only seen the trailer and that is maybe the least convincing blind person performance I have ever seen. She doesn't pull it off in even one shot.

Despite all the indicators and hints, it took a second viewing to comprehend that she was actually supposed to be blind as opposed to a woman who can see but is pretending.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Sirotan posted:

Are there any of these shark attack movies where the shark wins in the end? Sharks are always getting the raw end of the stick in movies, for once I wanna see the shark be the good guy.

#NotAllSharks

The shark killing Saffron Burrows' character in Deep Blue Sea is at least a partial win.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

cvnvcnv posted:

Despite all the indicators and hints, it took a second viewing to comprehend that she was actually supposed to be blind as opposed to a woman who can see but is pretending.

wow really? I thought for sure the 'trailer twist' was that she is just pretending to be blind

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Trailer for The Continental Hotel Artemis. Looks pretty great to me, regardless of the inevitable John Wick comparisons.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

feedmyleg posted:

Trailer for The Continental Hotel Artemis. Looks pretty great to me, regardless of the inevitable John Wick comparisons.

Honestly, I think we're all better off having John Wick clones over all the Taken clones we were getting for years.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Welp one of our embargoed Deadpool 2 TV spots leaked (read: released erroneously thanks to some jackass in Singapore office) with footage from our next trailer so we may just release the trailer today rather than the 19th. If we do I'll share.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sick.

Now leak The Predator trailer.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There is no Predator trailer yet. There's just a mishmash of a ton of potentials, all with graphics so rough you'll think you're playing Tron.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

What the gently caress!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Okay Hotel Artemis looks loving amazing

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

Overdose of bad exposition.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

kiimo posted:

There is no Predator trailer yet. There's just a mishmash of a ton of potentials, all with graphics so rough you'll think you're playing Tron.

Ok now you REALLY need to leak it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m not even joking, give it to me and I’ll make you a rad trailer.

(It won’t work but I can try!)

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Overdose of bad exposition.

i kind of agree with this but also the cast and concept alone sold me so everything else was just gravy

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

That didn't stop Skyscraper

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
More Hereditary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJNR58zaStE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Not watching that but the movie is apparently THE poo poo