Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

EVIL RAY

Ray is going to chase after Nora and go EmoRay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
YOU GUYS DON'T UNDERSTAND THE IMPLICATIONS OF THIS

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

This is literally impossible. There is just no way.

Just have him keep trying to be evil but improving people's lives. He can't help it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The opposite of "screw things up for the better" is "fix things for the worse."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Beebo is one of the greatest moments in the history of TV

give me Etrigan

I could see them bringing him in, though he'd be Jason Blood 95% of the time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rocksicles posted:

Ray is going to chase after Nora and go EmoRay

"Sooooo wanna take the shuttle and see Joy Divisions first show?"

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedmentat posted:

"Sooooo wanna take the shuttle and see Joy Divisions first show?"

That's totally something Ray would do. I'd do that and i'm not big on going to clubs in the 80's

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

EVIL RAY

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

This is literally impossible. There is just no way.

Brother, I have some news for you...

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ughhh... vegans. Nature's quitters.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ray started off as a businessman taking over the company from the good guys which royally pissed them off, while presenting himself as such a charismatic leader that an entire city was renamed because of him.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rocksicles posted:

That's totally something Ray would do. I'd do that and i'm not big on going to clubs in the 80's

Norah Darkh likes musicals and post punk.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I think this is my favorite evil Routh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mW7LSmWpfM

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

I died when I saw Beebo do a loving blitzball kick.

Not to thread circle jerk but omg this show. With Arrow and Flash I'm fully in sunken cost fallacy mode but with this one, i just unironically want to see what happens next.

Btw I know Mallus, the interdimensional time demon of infinite power, is a big deal but whoa you gotta check out this Arrow Season 6 villain. He's a fuckin DRUG DEALER.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Apr 16, 2018

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blaise330 posted:

I died when I saw Beebo do a loving blitzball kick.

Not to thread circle jerk but omg this show. With Arrow and Flash I'm fully in sunken cost fallacy mode but with this one, i just unironically want to see what happens next.

Btw I know Mallus, the interdimensional time demon of infinite power, is a big deal but whoa you gotta check out this Arrow Season 6 villain. He's a fuckin DRUG DEALER.

Flash I'd argue has been at least intermittent in it's quality this year, with more good than bad over all. Arrow is just garbage and I stopped watching it after everyone decided to beat the poo poo out of each other for pretty much no reason. They should have stuck with Cayden James as their big bad and just have him be a Harold Finch who broke bad and is now Ben Linus whose super power is literally the internet.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

nine-gear crow posted:

Flash I'd argue has been at least intermittent in it's quality this year, with more good than bad over all. Arrow is just garbage and I stopped watching it after everyone decided to beat the poo poo out of each other for pretty much no reason. They should have stuck with Cayden James as their big bad and just have him be a Harold Finch who broke bad and is now Ben Linus whose super power is literally the internet.

A guy who can hold a city ransom with a few keystrokes and tear down the entire world through cyber ingenuity with his genius is good and all.... but is he a DRUG DEALER!? WITH A VAGUELY HISPANIC NAME!?!?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I stopped watching Arrow because this is how they wrote entire seasons:

Ep 1: Character 1 does something morally ambiguous or not at all, Character 2, who's done far worse things in the past and may or may not even have to do with what Character 1 did gets really mad.
Ep 2: Strong tension between Character 1 and 2. Motivational dialogues. Oliver Queen never looks straight into anybody's eyes and is always staring at the wall above the other person's face while contemplating existence.
Ep 3: Character 1 and 2 learn a strong lesson about friendship and/or forgiveness and are now safe until every other character in the cast has filled their drama quota.

Repeat the cycle 7 to 8 times per season. Fill time between brooding and characters guilt-tripping each other with combat scenes in a warehouse. Show Oliver Queen using his bow as a melee weapon so often it makes you wonder why he doesn't just grab a club or a sword instead. Also, alcoholism.

Bonus point if the characters stuck in the drama cycle are debating about how bad killing is and there's a bloodbath where they murder a lot of goons, shoot down a helicopter with an explosive in the middle of a city, or both. Remember kids, it's okay to kill faceless henchmen, sometimes.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Apr 16, 2018

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like Legends of Tomorrow because Sara Lance loving owned and deserved better and she was a fun character. I remember lamenting that when she died and since Beebo is good we got this show. Legends of Tomorrow is fun and all the jokes about how they're misfits are refreshing compared to people in Arrow being so constantly annoying.

"We call them souvenirs."

If Sara Lance was alive in Arrow she'd be stuck between being guilt-tripped by Oliver/her family and guilt-tripping Oliver/her family and that would be the entirety of it. Instead we have this:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
It's a good thing Sara is with the legends, they may need all of them plus more to stop Ricardo Diaz, the DRUG DEALER. They may have to go to Earth-3 and get some kryptonians. Hell get the green lantern corps on this.

*Sinestro and a few green lanterns stab Hal in the kidneys when his back is turned* "Sorry, we work FOR DIAZ"

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Apr 16, 2018

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Something I learned from TV shows is that us from latin america are either guys with a violent background involving drugs, or women that always end up praying in spanish when something bad happens regardless of context.

*Sees a dead person and makes the sign of the cross. Dios mío protégeme de los demonios.

It was the red devil I say, the red devil!

Elentor fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Apr 16, 2018

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Yeah the woman who does the voice of Sombra on Overwatch would audition for TV roles all the time and get turned down because they "weren't really trying to go ethnic with that part"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Blaise330 posted:

*Sinestro and a few green lanterns stab Hal in the kidneys when his back is turned* "Sorry, we work FOR DIAZ"

More like Hal trips and falls and the goons take credit for it.

Flash I'm not having a problem with this season even though DeVoe is a weak as poo poo villain, Digby has been a lot of fun and the supporting cast is always good.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

More like Hal trips and falls and the goons take credit for it.

Flash I'm not having a problem with this season even though DeVoe is a weak as poo poo villain, Digby has been a lot of fun and the supporting cast is always good.

Digby?

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Dibny. As in Ralph Dibny, the elongated man.
Probably a brain fart morphing him with John Diggle.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Whoa whoa whoa.

Guys, I know the story line for Season 5.

Evil Beebo.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

CobiWann posted:

Whoa whoa whoa.

Guys, I know the story line for Season 5.

Evil Beebo.

Don't you dare sully the good name of Beebo, the one and only.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So a week removed I feel the time loop episode is the best episode of Season 3 and arguably my favorite period.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Does anyone know if the writers killed Sara off in Arrow knowing that Legends of tomorrow was in the works?

Or did they kill her off and then go OH gently caress OH gently caress OH gently caress once they realized how stupid it was?

Like don't get me wrong, I understand why they had to move Sara away from Arrow - if she would have stayed the whole series would have to be reconfigured and they were clearly moving in a different direction.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Narcissus1916 posted:

Does anyone know if the writers killed Sara off in Arrow knowing that Legends of tomorrow was in the works?

Or did they kill her off and then go OH gently caress OH gently caress OH gently caress once they realized how stupid it was?

Like don't get me wrong, I understand why they had to move Sara away from Arrow - if she would have stayed the whole series would have to be reconfigured and they were clearly moving in a different direction.

Killing her was probably a means to an end to tell some stories they wanted including getting her sister to replace her as Black Canary. Bringing her back also fit into their stories with Lazarus Pits but I don't know if they knew they were moving her to another show when they did it. There wasn't a TON of demand for her to come back. She had her fans, don't get me wrong, but Sara was a less fully realized character when she died. She's come into her own on Legends.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She said at a con that she was shocked when they called her back, thinking it was just for flashbacks. As far as she knew she was done.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

And i think most viewers did. She was a show creation who never totally "fit" as Black Canary and Laurel was always the elephant in the room as the comic canon Canary. No one was surprised when she became Canary and for that to happen Sara had to die. And her entire character the first time through was basically a tragic figure headed for a tragic death.

Of course they killed her off in a really callous and questionable way which people didn't like. But I don't think that was really about Sara and it kind of faded.

Also a quick glance of her Wikipedia says that Sara was originally scripted to be Ravager so clearly her very inclusion as Black Canary was a change of plans. Sara was a character that just gradually became what she is.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Elentor posted:

I stopped watching Arrow because this is how they wrote entire seasons:

Ep 1: Character 1 does something morally ambiguous or not at all, Character 2, who's done far worse things in the past and may or may not even have to do with what Character 1 did gets really mad.
Ep 2: Strong tension between Character 1 and 2. Motivational dialogues. Oliver Queen never looks straight into anybody's eyes and is always staring at the wall above the other person's face while contemplating existence.
Ep 3: Character 1 and 2 learn a strong lesson about friendship and/or forgiveness and are now safe until every other character in the cast has filled their drama quota.

Repeat the cycle 7 to 8 times per season. Fill time between brooding and characters guilt-tripping each other with combat scenes in a warehouse. Show Oliver Queen using his bow as a melee weapon so often it makes you wonder why he doesn't just grab a club or a sword instead. Also, alcoholism.

Bonus point if the characters stuck in the drama cycle are debating about how bad killing is and there's a bloodbath where they murder a lot of goons, shoot down a helicopter with an explosive in the middle of a city, or both. Remember kids, it's okay to kill faceless henchmen, sometimes.

Since you quit watching you'll be happy to know this holds up so you aren't missing anything. This is actually the season dedicated to nothing but this kind of dumb dramatic slapfight.

The most recent dramatic confrontation came between Oliver and Diggle. Diggle was Green Arrow for awhile and was buying special drugs off of a drug dealer to stay in action. Later when the guy tries to take over the city Oliver comes back as the Green Arrow pissing Diggle off. Diggle, the guy who funded the drug dealer that took power during his time as green arrow, blames Oliver for letting the drug dealer take power. Diggle, also the guy who executed his own brother, claims Oliver can't accomplish anything without killing people. So the team splits up again.

My favorite instance though was the team all splitting up earlier in the season and when a criminal holds the city's money ransom in exchange for their safety the team that left Oliver show up to kill the criminal and end up firing guns at everyone and hitting felicity, hacking a medical device and injuring diggle, trying to kill Oliver with an axe and cause the city to lose all of it's funding due to their failed assassination loving up the ransom. They are then extremely outraged and highroad Oliver for injuring one of them while defending himself and pleading for the fight to be over in a fight they started.

Bonus points for the team initially splitting up because Oliver spied on them when the FBI had insider information on Team Arrow. He found out that one of the team was the FBI informant however the fact they were spied on was so terrible that they had to dramatically split up.

Legends is so much better it's not even funny.

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Apr 17, 2018

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Diggle, also the guy who executed his own brother, claims Oliver can't accomplish anything without killing people. So the team splits up again.

Seriously? Did contract negotiations not work out for next season? Diggle's kinda a big part of the show.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

OB_Juan posted:

Seriously? Did contract negotiations not work out for next season? Diggle's kinda a big part of the show.

Ollie said Diggle could be the Green Arrow. Then changed his mind about it.. Then he and Oliver yelled at each other and exchanged blows!
This cannot be reconciled. gently caress six years of shared growth, camaraderie, brotherhood, and friendship, I guess.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Don't worry, Sara is going to roll into Star City by the end of the season and slap some sense into everyone.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Since you quit watching you'll be happy to know this holds up so you aren't missing anything. This is actually the season dedicated to nothing but this kind of dumb dramatic slapfight.

The most recent dramatic confrontation came between Oliver and Diggle. Diggle was Green Arrow for awhile and was buying special drugs off of a drug dealer to stay in action. Later when the guy tries to take over the city Oliver comes back as the Green Arrow pissing Diggle off. Diggle, the guy who funded the drug dealer that took power during his time as green arrow, blames Oliver for letting the drug dealer take power. Diggle, also the guy who executed his own brother, claims Oliver can't accomplish anything without killing people. So the team splits up again.

My favorite instance though was the team all splitting up earlier in the season and when a criminal holds the city's money ransom in exchange for their safety the team that left Oliver show up to kill the criminal and end up firing guns at everyone and hitting felicity, hacking a medical device and injuring diggle, trying to kill Oliver with an axe and cause the city to lose all of it's funding due to their failed assassination loving up the ransom. They are then extremely outraged and highroad Oliver for injuring one of them while defending himself and pleading for the fight to be over in a fight they started.

Bonus points for the team initially splitting up because Oliver spied on them when the FBI had insider information on Team Arrow. He found out that one of the team was the FBI informant however the fact they were spied on was so terrible that they had to dramatically split up.

Legends is so much better it's not even funny.

Tell me how spot on these made-up dialogues are and if I'm ready to be hired by CW:

*In an extremely Diggle voice: "You've crossed a line, Oliver. Not this time. This time you went too far."
*Oliver looks blankly between Diggle and the camera and slowly shakes his head around.
*Felicity, crying, looks up to Oliver and says: "We looked up to you, Oliver. I don't recognize you anymore."
Oliver stares between Felicity and the camera, and finally says in a resigned voice:
"Maybe you never saw who I truly was."

Edit: I think I could probably write a procedural arrow season generator.

quote:

Leaked Arrow Season 7 Events

Episode 1:
Dinah Drake and Oliver start having an affair.
Episode 2:
Oliver tries to hide his relationship but people figure out.
Episode 3:
People ask Oliver about how's the relationship going. Oliver says it's going great.
Episode 4:
Dinah Drake dies in a sudden accident.
Episode 8:
The team is introduced by {Flash character} to a new operative... {Dinah Lance}, who can scream really loud because of {an experiment gone wrong in STAR Labs}.
Episode 20:
The team officially gives Dinah Lance the mantle of {Black/Color/No-Prefix} Canary.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Apr 17, 2018

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Elentor posted:

Tell me how spot on these made-up dialogues are and if I'm ready to be hired by CW:

*In an extremely Diggle voice: "You've crossed a line, Oliver. Not this time. This time you went too far."
*Oliver looks blankly between Diggle and the camera and slowly shakes his head around.
*Felicity, crying, looks up to Oliver and says: "We looked up to you, Oliver. I don't recognize you anymore."
Oliver stares between Felicity and the camera, and finally says in a resigned voice:
"Maybe you never saw who I truly was."

Edit: I think I could probably write a procedural arrow season generator.

This is pretty spot on but they dropped the Felicity-Crytalks-every-line last season.

They should really just cancel Arrow and harvest any budget and redeemable characters for Legends. Curtis might be fun if he didn't live in Depression City in the greater Dramatic County.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

So apparently we're getting at least one new Legend next season and they've said that a couple of Legends might go bad guy.

Rhyno posted:

EVIL RAY
It'll be Evil Nate, turned bad by hallucinogens, who wreaks havoc and is unconditionally supported by Ray who continually claims 'Don't worry, it'll be fine!' before they warp off to the next anachronism.

+1 if Nate is doing it for Amaya.
+3 if Nora Darhk is along for the ride pointing out all the evil things they're doing.

And the chances of Constantine figuring it out are...*rolls 20-sided die*...

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Aleph Null posted:

Ollie said Diggle could be the Green Arrow. Then changed his mind about it.. Then he and Oliver yelled at each other and exchanged blows!
This cannot be reconciled. gently caress six years of shared growth, camaraderie, brotherhood, and friendship, I guess.

You can't discount the influence of Ricardo Diaz. That guy's a drug dealer!

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

They should really just cancel Arrow and harvest any budget and redeemable characters for Legends.

retool Arrow and Flash into a Justice League show imho (with regular appearances from Supergirl but let her keep her own show too)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

This is pretty spot on but they dropped the Felicity-Crytalks-every-line last season.

They should really just cancel Arrow and harvest any budget and redeemable characters for Legends. Curtis might be fun if he didn't live in Depression City in the greater Dramatic County.

No, he talks too fast and his costume is wack.

He looks like a back up dancer from a Vanilla Ice music video.