Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I was reading and I came across this post

precision posted:

From personal experience, I can sadly confirm. I knew a guy who was my best friend for over 10 years. Before I met him, and during those 10 years, he was a MEGA hippie, MEGA liberal, was into New Age philosophy (RA Wilson, McKenna, Leary), was a tremendous pothead and astrologer - he could make birth charts like nobody's business, and was a decent Tarot card reader (I was better, which annoyed him since I believe they're a mentalist trick and he believed they were Actually Supernatural).

After a really bad breakup with a girl, he started being reclusive, and most nights would sit in his garage chain smoking, drinking, and listening to talk radio (specifically Michael Savage). At first, he was listening "ironically" and whenever I came over we'd relentlessly mock him. But at a certain point, one day he just decided he was a Far Right Christian, started going to church (and not a "cool" Christian church, a Fundamentalist one, I went with him one time and they told me that Gnostic Christians are inspired by Satan and are going to Hell) and started unironically agreeing with everything Savage said.

I didn't see him at all during the last year of his life because of this; even as he was dying, he didn't call me (it took a couple days, and he wasn't unconscious). Really sad especially since I was the very last friend he drove off. By that time I was the only person even left in the area that had known him more than 2 years.

I'm always really fascinated by people who have done a 180. Do you know anyone in your life who has?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
tony hawk i think did at least a 180

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i used to be a bad poster

but now im good

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i can take cold food and make it hot using a microwave OP!

the opposite with a freezer OP!!!

Swedish Butt-Whistle
Feb 12, 2004

Mentally Trill
you ever heard of dale earnhardt

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Oldest confirmed person is 122 op :crossarms:

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
*enters thread* *one eighty*

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
OP i opened this thread did a 360 and walked away :cya:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No usually people just keep loving up until they die.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
Droppin' sick beats they call me DJ Nana

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I went from goodie 2 shoes, the perfect always responsible daughter and A+ student, had normal friendships as a child, to isolated individual living on the fringes of society.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Woman i knew in HS was a wound up tight, articulate conservative christian. I didn't see her for about a year and a half when she showed up with a mutual friend red eyed wearing hemp covered in henna and barely able to string two words together, whipped out a huge bag of weed and smoked with us all night.

College does that to a lot of people so it's a pretty normal 180 i guess

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

i like that posted:

I went from goodie 2 shoes, the perfect always responsible daughter and A+ student, had normal friendships as a child, to isolated individual living on the fringes of society.

:same:

Also I've known a girl in highschool who basically introduced me to marijuana. She was an A student, but also incredibly into weird new age poo poo. Somehow in a span of 2 years after graduating she turned into a hardcore fundamentalist Christian and I've cut off whatever remaining contact we had :shrug:

Colonel Cancer fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 17, 2018

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

i like that posted:

How/why did that happen?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Tony Hawk did lots of them

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I think Tony Hawk did them on his skateboard sometimes

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

sick 720 no hat fakey

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Don't steal my jokes you piece of poo poo!

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
i think mat hoffman did them on the bmx sometimes

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Brolander posted:

tony hawk i think did at least a 180

Who What Now posted:

Don't steal my jokes you piece of poo poo!

"your joke" you lying piece of poo poo!!!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I wasn't joking, I was serious.

Steve Youngblood
Mar 19, 2007

***Hollywood Cobbler***

Arrhythmia posted:

"your joke" you lying piece of poo poo!!!

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nirvikalpa posted:

How/why did that happen?

You know I actually don't know why. The how of it isn't as meaningful, probably.

i like that fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 17, 2018

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
um yeah there was this guy i really liked because he was nice. and then he became mean. that is the entire story.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lxIYNrpaPo

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

um yeah there was this guy i really liked because he was nice. and then he became mean. that is the entire story.

this reads like one of those math questions youre unsure about and you have like a) cat b)exclusion zone c)ice cream d)socks e)none of the above.

you have to guess.

and its unfair

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Lime Tonics posted:

this reads like one of those math questions youre unsure about and you have like a) cat b)exclusion zone c)ice cream d)socks e)none of the above.

you have to guess.

and its unfair

there is no more detail to be had about that. everything else is fluff to this core theme.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

WalletBeef posted:

sick 720 no hat fakey

That's a 540.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I knew this guy who thought it was his duty to take on my personal security after one of his friends made an innappropriate pass at me and ended up loving up the set and nearly getting everyone killed and I hardly ate or slept right for months because of the nonstop barrage of heat he brought on me and he kept loving up after me and several others told him stop but he wouldnt listen and decided his best option was to sacrifice himself and continue to put my life in danger and expose vulnerabilities to the police. He hasnt done a 180. I may die now and he doesnt care.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

there is no more detail to be had about that. everything else is fluff to this core theme.

im watching the world burn.

its fine.

unless it starts affecting people.

then its bad, and a nightmare

and then you need plot devices.

and its a long journey to find "the mcguffan"

and the worlds fine again, until after the ending credits,

so like that?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Ha ha!! Good one

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Pick posted:

You know Tony Hawk???

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

a hole-y ghost posted:

You know Tony Hawk???

Heh that's one guy who could go 180 like nobody else.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Me when I saw the price of the Xbox 360

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Colonel Cancer posted:

Heh that's one guy who could go 180 like nobody else.
Holy poo poo.. Good one my friend

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
That'd be me. Big fat sedentary gamer that hated winter and sports and worked in IT support and loved computers.

Until 2 years ago.

Now I hate computers. I barely ever play video games and when I do it's because I literally have nothing else to do. No longer work in IT. I also race bikes enjoy winter and I'm not fat.

Swedish Butt-Whistle
Feb 12, 2004

Mentally Trill

EvilJoven posted:

That'd be me. Big fat sedentary gamer that hated winter and sports and worked in IT support and loved computers.

Until 2 years ago.

Now I hate computers. I barely ever play video games and when I do it's because I literally have nothing else to do. No longer work in IT. I also race bikes enjoy winter and I'm not fat.

drat bro you sounded really cool

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Yeah I do know one, as a matter of fact. Let me tell you a little story about a bloke from up north, name of Tony Tramontana...

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I used to smoke all the weed now I just shoot weed dealers in the loving neck with my air pistol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I am friends with a guy who ws a huge racist nazi with a hitler tattoo.

One day i brought a mirror and said "look bro imagine if you were a jew. "WHOOOA" he said. From that moment on he became a champion of equal rights. He turned that hitler tattoo into a MLK tattoo.

• Locked thread