Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
As someone who completely missed gamergate because I had a real life and wasn’t extremely online back then, what is Pro-gg content on the Escapist? Also Jim Sterling left the escapist so he could make more money doing his own thing, and I don’t know how anyone could construe him as a SJW based on the way he talks and oh yeah also dresses like a loving Nazi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Sterling has scaled back some on his edginess and afaik doesn't dress like a nazi any more. But I still wouldn't classify him as an SJW in the, like, outrage culture sense or w/e. Always seemed like a p level headed dude to me.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I guess I’m just saying that if Yahtzee’s greatest crime was, uh, being friends with a pathetic ant-covered loser and not quitting his BANANAS cushy job where he gets paid to make fun of video games he plays and has enough time to write his books then I dont really see what the problem is.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yahtzee's greatest crime is being really unfunny at everything he does, the most serious offense of all.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I like Yahtzee well enough, but he's always been super hit or miss. I haven't watched any of his stuff in years tho, so it could be much worse these days.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
He's mellowed out a ton and is pretty critical of the gaming industry's issues with sexism (especially prominent once he settled into a decent relationship) outside of his ZP series, so bringing up that's he an abuser out of nowhere is pretty loving weird.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Please stop talking about Gamergate in this thread

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

I guess I’m just saying that if Yahtzee’s greatest crime was, uh, being friends with a pathetic ant-covered loser and not quitting his BANANAS cushy job
gently caress Yahtzee for his views on poo poo, but you have absolutely no idea how much work it is to write things and create video content. poo poo is in no way a cush job. It is bananas how much work that poo poo is. I only produce a few long-form videos a year and it is incredibly time-consuming.

Pay attention to every time the image changes during a Zero Punctuation and understand that that is a new, original image every five seconds or so for 5 minutes. Weekly. Accompanied by an essay. The thing you had to do in school that was a lot of work.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6049037/smallville-actress-allison-mack-sex-cult-nxivm-leader-sex-girl/

Source is the DailyMail so grain of salt, but all their coverage on this has been accurate so far, from what I can tell.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

gently caress Yahtzee for his views on poo poo, but you have absolutely no idea how much work it is to write things and create video content. poo poo is in no way a cush job. It is bananas how much work that poo poo is. I only produce a few long-form videos a year and it is incredibly time-consuming.

Pay attention to every time the image changes during a Zero Punctuation and understand that that is a new, original image every five seconds or so for 5 minutes. Weekly. Accompanied by an essay. The thing you had to do in school that was a lot of work.

I prefer the work of Kenneth Waste

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

LividLiquid posted:

Hmm. No.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
People I'm willing to give credit for their hard work: Abu Bakr el-Baghdadi

People I'm not willing to extend that courtesy to: Notch, Yahtzee

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Never mind!

Wendell fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Apr 16, 2018

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

esperterra posted:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6049037/smallville-actress-allison-mack-sex-cult-nxivm-leader-sex-girl/

Source is the DailyMail so grain of salt, but all their coverage on this has been accurate so far, from what I can tell.

There was chatter a couple of weeks ago when the leader got popped that she was next in line, but that seemed to die down. Surely if the head of an organization like this goes down, that gives authorities just cause to further investigate the whole group, right?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!
Yahtzee's the dude who ranted a lot about how love is just chemicals in your brain and that's always a red flag.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Honest Thief posted:

Yahtzee's the dude who ranted a lot about how love is just chemicals in your brain and that's always a red flag.

Every emotion is just chemicals in your brain, that's how neurotransmitters work

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Every emotion is just chemicals in your brain, that's how neurotransmitters work
Sure, but harboring resentment because of it is a bit worrying.

Honest Thief fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 16, 2018

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://twitter.com/aboynamedandy/s...erview-video%2F

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Honest Thief posted:

Sure, but harboring resentment because of it is a bit worrying.

The chemicals are becoming self-aware!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

LividLiquid posted:

it's cushy because he gets paid a metric rear end-ton of money to do it, not because it's easy work. a lot of people do more or less the same thing for completely free, or for an inconsistent Youtube or Patreon income instead of a consistent salary.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

People I'm willing to give credit for their hard work: Abu Bakr el-Baghdadi

People I'm not willing to extend that courtesy to: Notch, Yahtzee

Just to be clear, you’re making GBS threads on Yahtzee and not making video content, right?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I would never poo poo on making video content.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Word.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

it's cushy because he gets paid a metric rear end-ton of money to do it, not because it's easy work. a lot of people do more or less the same thing for completely free, or for an inconsistent Youtube or Patreon income instead of a consistent salary.

how much is a metric rear end-ton, and how much revenue does he generate for Escapist

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Analytic Engine posted:

how much is a metric rear end-ton, and how much revenue does he generate for Escapist

Enough that he's literally the only employee they still pay

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Articles have been popping up over the last hour or so that Allison Mack has been arrested.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Timby posted:

Articles have been popping up over the last hour or so that Allison Mack has been arrested.

Just came in to post this!

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Allison Mack was arrested: https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/20/entertainment/allison-mack-arrested/index.html

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Look two posts back.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

And he reported a bomb on a different train.

I want to imagine (sorry starkebn if this offends you) that he was trying to report the woman he was arguing with as having a bomb to gently caress up her day, but was so drunk that he forgot which train he was on.
That's legitimately the funniest thing he's done outside of Silicon Valley, good for him.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Who Is India Oxenberg? Meet Allison Mack's Personal Sex Slave
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/india-oxenberg-shocking-details-know-224141537.html

Paige VanZant's horrifying rape revelation brings out the worst of the internet
https://sports.yahoo.com/paige-vanzants-horrifying-rape-revelation-brings-worst-internet-194635773.html

Thandie Newton: I Wasn't 'Hot' Enough To Join Time's Up Movement
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/thandie-newton-wasn-apos-t-143737382.html

Karl Lagerfeld on #MeToo:

"I’m fed up with it. I don’t even eat pig [in France the movement’s known as #BalanceTonPorc] What shocks me most in all of this are the starlets who have taken 20 years to remember what happened. Not to mention the fact there are no prosecution witnesses. That said I cannot stand Mr Weinstein. I had a problem with him at amfAR [the amfAR Gala is organised during the Cannes Film Festival in the fight against AIDS] …"

Have movements like #MeToo and #Time’sUp affected the way you approach your work?

"Absolutely not. I read somewhere that now you must ask a model if she is comfortable with posing. Its simply too much, from now on, as a designer, you can’t do anything. As for the accusations against the poor Karl Templar [creative director at Interview magazine], I don’t believe a single word of it. A girl complained he tried to pull her pants down and he is instantly excommunicated from a profession that up until then had venerated him. Its unbelievable. If you don’t want your pants pulled about, don’t become a model! Join a nunnery, there’ll always be a place for you in the convent. They’re recruiting even!"

http://www.numero.com/en/fashion/interview-karl-lagerfeld-chanel-virgil-abloh-j-w-anderson-azzedine-alaia

mobby_6kl posted:

That's legitimately the funniest thing he's done outside of Silicon Valley, good for him.

I was wondering if his career was over but it looks like he's in Deadpool 2 and some other stuff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zogo posted:

I was wondering if his career was over but it looks like he's in Deadpool 2 and some other stuff.

DP wrapped shooting before anything went public so it's probably too expensive to reshoot just to cut him out.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
just do it like in that clickhole cosby show video:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Knowing Deadpool, if they cut him out they'll probably do the Two And A Half Men thing and have the sequel describe him suffering a messy, horrific, painful death between movies followed by a snarky comment on how it's because the actor was a dick.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

chitoryu12 posted:

Knowing Deadpool, if they cut him out they'll probably do the Two And A Half Men thing and have the sequel describe him suffering a messy, horrific, painful death between movies followed by a snarky comment on how it's because the actor was a dick.

They should recast Weasel with a bunch of Reynold's friends, each of them for one scene wearing increasing worse wigs.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rhyno posted:

They should recast Weasel with a bunch of Reynold's friends, each of them for one scene wearing increasing worse wigs.

A mop with a wig. It remains completely silent in every scene, but everyone can hear it.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I vote have him killed off in a poorly put together scene using chopped up existing footage. The cheaper it looks, the better. It even fits with the silly fourth wall breaking tendency of the material.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They should reach out to the woman he was frequently harassing and offer her the part.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Rhyno posted:

only if they end with Christopher Plummer dressed up as Weasel, turning to the screen and asking "now where's my Oscar?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DC Murderverse posted:

only if they end with Christopher Plummer dressed up as Weasel, turning to the screen and asking "now where's my Oscar?"

I'd be okay with this.