Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best new Raw additions? (multi-choice)
This poll is closed.
Kevin & Sami 95 35.06%
Drew McIntyre 63 23.25%
Jinder Mahal 18 6.64%
Bobby Roode 12 4.43%
The Riott Squad 20 7.38%
Nattie 16 5.90%
Mojo Rawley and Zack Ryder 11 4.06%
Ziggler (Comedy Option) 36 13.28%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:siren: SIGN UP TO THE GREATEST ROYAL RUMBLE ROULETTE :siren:

Raw Results
  • Kurt Angle started the Superstar Shakeup by announcing that United States Champion Jinder Mahal was now a member of the Raw roster. Jinder demanded to get the same level of treatment as Brock Lesnar, but Angle said he'd brought him here to compete and anybody who wanted a shot at his US Title could come out now. Jeff Hardy answered the challenge.
  • Jeff Hardy defeated Jinder Mahal to become the new United States Champion. Backstage, Jinder was furious and said he would have his rematch for the title at the Greatest Royal Rumble. No Way Jose passed by dancing and mocked Jinder.
  • Sasha Banks and Bayley went to a no-contest when Riott Squad from Smackdown made an appearance and beat them up and left them both laying.
  • Heath Slater and Rhyno did an inset promo promising they would get revenge on the Authors of Pain for their destruction last week.
  • The Authors of Pain defeated Heath Slater and Rhyno.
  • MizTV featured The Miz announcing the two newest members of the Raw roster: Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn! All five celebrated in the ring but Kurt Angle came out and reminded them Miz doesn't have the power to hire people to the Raw roster, and Kevin and Sami blew their opportunity last week. Owens and Sami gleefully explained that Stephanie McMahon had signed them to a contract to get back at Kurt, and taunted him because HIS job clearly wasn't safe.
  • Kurt Angle explained to a horrified Miz that while he could do nothing about Kevin and Sami, he had agreed to a trade of Miz to Smackdown because Daniel Bryan still had pull over there and had demanded Miz be sent to Smackdown. Miz was furious, doubly so when he discovered the Miztourage would not be coming with him. Angle announced a ten man tag for the main event of Kevin/Sami/Miztourage vs Balor, Rollins, Bobby Lashley, BRAUN and a new member of the Raw roster.
  • Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt defeated the Revival to advance to the Greatest Royal Rumble where they will face The Bar for the vacant Raw tag titles.
  • The Bar bumped into the Fashion Police backstage, who have also been signed to Raw.
  • Kurt Angle and Ronda Rousey were talking about Stephanie backstage when Nattie arrived and announced she was now on Raw too. She said she wanted a fresh start and to prove she was the best... well maybe the second best behind Ronda. Apparently they are friends and former training buddies.
  • Ember Moon defeated Mickie James. Raw Women's Champion Nia Jax was on commentary but Alexa Bliss was not present, doing a promo from the back saying she wanted to avoid a "bully" like Nia.
  • Kevin and Sami were chatting backstage about how best to deal with BRAUN. Miz showed up for advice on how to deal with Shane but they told him to concentrate on the tag match tonight. Miz was upset that he was no longer anybody's focus.
  • Dolph Ziggler came out as the newest member of the Raw roster, and was joined by Titus Worldwide who welcomed him and offered him a spot in their stable. Ziggler considered, then threw the card in their faces since he hadn't come alone. Drew McIntyre ran in from the crowd and destroyed Titus and Apollo on Ziggler's behalf.
  • Reigns came out to heavy booing from the crowd and went straight back to the "Brock isn't here but I am every week" stuff. Samoa Joe came out and ran him down again for showing up to work every week but never getting the job done. He showed a video package of all the beatings Lesnar had dished out to Reigns, and Reigns asked Joe to come down and demonstrate what HE can do. Joe started to come down, went back up the ramp, came back down again then stopped again and reminded Roman that he would see him at Backlash.
  • Nattie, working as a face, defeated Mandy Rose by submission. Sonya Deville jumped her afterwards and Ronda Rousey rushed down to the ring and took out Deville with ease, then helped Nattie to the back.
  • Baron Corbin has joined the Raw roster.
  • The Fashion Police defeated The Bar for an upset victory over the former tag champs.
  • Elias was interviewed by Renee Young (who he insisted was a big fan of his) and said he wasn't doing a performance because Hartford doesn't deserve one. He warned Lashley not to get in his business again.
  • Brock Lesnar will be on Raw next week.
  • Bobby Roode was revealed as the mystery new member of Raw, joining in as the last man in the main event ten-man tag.
  • Finn Balor, Seth Rollins, BRAUN, Bobby Lashley and Bobby Roode defeated Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn and the Miztourage in the main event. Miz was pinned by BRAUN after The Miztourage betrayed him, avoiding his attempt to tag out and leaving him to face BRAUN alone.

Smackdown Results
  • A recap of last week's Daniel Bryan/AJ Styles match and the interference by Shinsuke Nakamura.
  • AJ Styles came out and talked poo poo about Shinsuke being a failure and a con artist, and refused to leave the ring till Shinsuke came out to face retribution. Rusev and Aiden English came out instead and did a heel promo which the crowd cheered anyway because they love Rusev. AJ challenged Rusev to a match.
  • AJ defeated Rusev by DQ when English jumped him almost as soon as the match began. Daniel Bryan ran out and made the save.
  • Paige and Shane met backstage and confirmed that Miz would be returning to Smackdown as a favor to Daniel Bryan. They did the Teddy Long dance after announcing tonight's main event would be a Tag match, playa!
  • Shelton Benjamin came to the ring and claimed his supportive tweet to Chad Gable (who has gone to Raw) was the result of a hack, because Shelton needed inspiration from nobody. He wanted to prove himself as a singles competitor, and in answer Randy Orton came out... only to be cut off by new United States Champion Jeff Hardy who took up Shelton's challenge.
  • Jeff Hardy defeated Shelton Benjamin in a singles match.
  • The Miz did a selfie promo asking the crowd if they wanted to see him get punched in the face by Daniel Bryan. The crowd cheered and he taunted them that he was actually in Los Angeles with his wife and child. Maryse admonished him to watch his language around the baby when he intimated he would kick Bryan's rear end next week.
  • Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville from Absolution are now on Smackdown.
  • Luke Harper defeated Jey Uso, with Rowan openly getting involved but no DQ happening. After the match the Usos tried to fight the Bludgeon Brothers but got laid out, only stopped when Naomi ran out and begged them to stop.
  • Samoa Joe is the latest member of the Smackdown roster. After quickly defeating Sin Cara, he did a promo insisting he would destroy all of Smackdown's top stars, and that if by some miracle Roman Reigns defeated Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship then Joe would beat him and bring the Universal Championship to Smackdown.
  • SAnitY are on the Smackdown roster.
  • Daniel Bryan did a backstage interview with Renee Young about why he had helped AJ Styles. As he was talking, Big Cass returned and mocked Bryan's height, saying he didn't see what the fuss was about.
  • New Women's Champion Carmella did an in-ring "Mellabration", mocking the fans and Charlotte Flair for underestimating or overlooking her. A video package she had played to celebrate herself managed to COMPLETELY eliminate James Ellsworth from history. Charlotte came out to confront Carmella, claiming she only got the belt because The Iconic Duo had double-teamed her. Billie and Peyton came out to talk poo poo and they got into a brawl with Charlotte, outnumbering her until Becky Lynch ran out to even things up.
  • Charlotte Flair defeated Billie Kay by submission in a singles match with Becky and Peyton in their respective corners. Immediately after the match Carmella jumped Charlotte with the belt. Becky tried to come to Charlotte's aid but got taken out by Peyton. Asuka then rushed down and she, Becky and Charlotte cleared the ring. Asuka is now on the Smackdown roster.
  • Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson were announced as new members of the Smackdown roster via a very short video package.
  • The Bar announced (including horrible graphics) that they were coming to Smackdown. Backstage The New Day was having a good time when they bumped into first R-Truth and then Tye Dillinger, who they discovered were old friends. Truth eventually revealed he hadn't been drafted but just showed up on the wrong day.
  • While showing images of Smackdown's new acquisitions, the picture of Sanity did NOT include Nikki Cross.
  • Andrade "Cien" Almas is now on the Smackdown roster. They did a brief video package featuring Zelina Vega introducing him.
  • AJ Styles/Daniel Bryan vs Rusev and Aiden English ended in a DQ, after Shinsuke appeared from out of the crowd and attacked AJ's balls again. Bryan was aghast, but then discovered Big Cass had also entered the ring unseen. Cass laid out Bryan with a big boot and posed over Bryan, while up on the entrance ramp Renee tried to interview Shinsuke who again took great glee in insisting he doesn't speak English.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Apr 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Kurt Angle is very bad at this whole trading superstars thing.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

pictured: me, reading these results

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Blasmeister posted:

Kurt Angle is very bad at this whole trading superstars thing.

#1 horrible GM will always be Matt Millen for me, but Angle is a solid #2.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
In all seriousness Mojo's a good promo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hot take: I enjoy watching wrestling shows and think the fresh matchups born of the shakeup could be fun.

Biggest problems are Raw still has the better writing crew and no more exclusive shows.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

I've now realized I can watch Smackdown and never see another cursed Jinder vs Roode match

we are in blessed times

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Raw gets the Bullet Club!*

*Original Bone Soldier only

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
That was a pretty decent raw. Sucks that McIntyre is going to wallow away with Ziggler after spending years in the indies becoming a exponentially better performer.

Interesting that Smackdown appears to be keeping all of Styles/Nakamura/Bryan, and could conceivably add someone like Balor or Rollins to the mix.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/986080892337754112?s=21

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Raw gets the Bullet Club!*

*Original Bone Soldier only

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/glgrey

Bullet club is for everyone!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rollins or Balor going to Smackdown would be pretty loving great.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think it's almost a given that either Hardy or Rollins is going to SD.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Professor Funk posted:

That was a pretty decent raw. Sucks that McIntyre is going to wallow away with Ziggler after spending years in the indies becoming a exponentially better performer.

Interesting that Smackdown appears to be keeping all of Styles/Nakamura/Bryan, and could conceivably add someone like Balor or Rollins to the mix.

Rollins isn't going to SD

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not many changes for the women then. A bunch of jobbers to Raw but the main faces stayed.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

fart blood posted:

I mean, either Hardy or Rollins will go, because SD needs a midcard belt

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

WTF is everyone from Smackdown coming over to Raw?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

fart blood posted:

Jeff is then. Or Miz wins the IC Title off Rollins at Payback.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

Not many changes for the women then. A bunch of jobbers to Raw but the main faces stayed.

I have a feeling they'll move Asuka as a heavy hitter to Smackdown, probably to eventually continue her feud with Charlotte (probably with the roles reversed, Charlotte being the challenger, Asuka being the champion), and then move over Dana and someone from Absolution to balance it out somewhat.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

That sucks because him and Shelton are a pretty good team but maybe WWE will re-hire Charlie Haas?

Ooof or they'll send a recouping Jason Jordan to Smackdown to tag with Shelton and never mention the change.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Jeff is then. Or Miz wins the IC Title off Rollins at Payback.

Or Jinder wins the US Title back at GRR.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Or Jinder wins the US Title back at GRR.

Brown guy's gotta go over in Saudi Arabia

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

I have a feeling they'll move Asuka as a heavy hitter to Smackdown, probably to eventually continue her feud with Charlotte (probably with the roles reversed, Charlotte being the challenger, Asuka being the champion), and then move over Dana and someone from Absolution to balance it out somewhat.

Yeah Smackdown can still get a few moved over, but not much has changed with Raw’s.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I'm glad all the people I hate are on RAW to be fed to Roman in a series of increasingly awful feuds

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

fart blood posted:

WTF is everyone from Smackdown coming over to Raw?
Ryan Ward wants to prove to Vince that it's Road Dogg's fault for ruining the talent on Smackdown with bad booking

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Are they making all the PPVs longer now that they're co-branded? Seems like 3h won't be enough time with the number of people (and the amount of talent) they have on the roster.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Professor Funk posted:

I mean, either Hardy or Rollins will go, because SD needs a midcard belt

Maybe Paige traded the US Champ for the CW Champ/Division.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah Smackdown can still get a few moved over, but not much has changed with Raw’s.

Yeah the only MAJOR name that had the potential of moving was Alexa, and she announced she's invoking her rematch clause at Backlash, so that is probably off the table.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

Are they making all the PPVs longer now that they're co-branded? Seems like 3h won't be enough time with the number of people (and the amount of talent) they have on the roster.

Yeah, and let's just move to weekly PPVs

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Professor Funk posted:

Yes, 4h new standard.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If Paige can nab Asuka, Sasha, Bayley, and the CWs I think I can pretty much guarantee I'll be a SD viewer for the near future.

Maybe she could sign Neville too.

Shame about never seeing KOSZ again. drat McMahons.

edit: You don't have to lecture me about balance of the women's divisions. I'm just imagining what would make for a good division with Asuka, Charlotte, Sasha, Bayley, and Lynch.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I get it. They're going to make Smackdown a great show so if Fox does buy the TV rights, that'll force us to watch FS1?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

205 Live has their Doug Williams now

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jesus, Smackdown is getting gutted. Ascension to Raw, too. So they have, what, three tag teams now and Raw has like 30?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Surprised Orton has been on Smackdown so long.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

fart blood posted:

Surprised Orton has been on Smackdown so long.

It's not like it matters what brand he's on. He hasn't had a meaningful feud in years, he exists to be hot-shotted into main even title programs.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Phenix Rising posted:

Jesus, Smackdown is getting gutted. Ascension to Raw, too. So they have, what, three tag teams now and Raw has like 30?

Didn't the Bar say they wanted to go to Smackdown not too long ago? I figured they were a lock

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Breezango got a win :3:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Phenix Rising posted:

They gotta be getting Sanity. Maybe Heavy Machinery and Street Profits too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
cant wait for big rear end to tear up smackdown

who the hell is going to smackdown?

• Locked thread