Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Capsaicin posted:

what happened to jez the video game guy that caused the fallout between him and f4w?

iirc, he wanted some press credentials for E3 (i think) but Bryan wouldn't vouch for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

dsriggs posted:

iirc, he wanted some press credentials for E3 (i think) but Bryan wouldn't vouch for him.

That's hysterical considering Gamespot managers used to get press badges.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's probably just something weird with me but I'm listening to the Jericho podcast with Cody and Xavier Woods and I can barely tell which one of them is speaking unless they're saying the other ones names, they talk and sound exactly the same to me

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

dsriggs posted:

It's so much more than that and I hope someone has the full story handy.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Can't wait to hear Bryan and Vinny recap the Flair/Piper segment from this weeks retro Nitro, here's Schiavone giving it a go: https://streamable.com/1in9s

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Wow dang thank you for the responses. Let me mill it over and I'll be reaching out to one or two of you to see what we can make work! I have another podcast right now but my heart has always been with starting a Wrestling podcast!

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Man, after hearing a lot of positive word of mouth about Something to Wrestle With for a while, I finally decided to give it a listen today. I am...uh...yeah, I can't even finish this. How are these guys so highly regarded? Am I missing something?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

EdsTeioh posted:

Man, after hearing a lot of positive word of mouth about Something to Wrestle With for a while, I finally decided to give it a listen today. I am...uh...yeah, I can't even finish this. How are these guys so highly regarded? Am I missing something?
That was my take after listening to it, as well. I managed to get through the episode, but I really just... didn't enjoy listening to Pritchard speak.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

EdsTeioh posted:

They have a good rapport and I like hearing what is essentially Vince's viewpoint delivered by a guy who does funny voices

The Schiavone/Conrad podcast is probably better since most of them are just Tony doing unfiltered commentary on bad old WCW shows while he slowly discovers that he still likes wrestling and becomes a pretty fun, lovable figure who is trying to sell T-shirts to fund his daughter's wedding and tell disgusting stories about the sexual preferences of a ring crew guy known only as "Klondike Bill"

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

EdsTeioh posted:

Which episode did you listen to? I've found that some episodes are hit and miss but I personally loved the Goldberg and Goldust one. I also prefer the episodes where they focus on a particular wrestler vs. a specific show.

EDIT: I also think Bruce gets a little sanctimonious sometimes and I hate how he shits all over Dave Meltzer but I try to just ignore it when it happens.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CubsWoo posted:

They have a good rapport and I like hearing what is essentially Vince's viewpoint delivered by a guy who does funny voices

The Schiavone/Conrad podcast is probably better since most of them are just Tony doing unfiltered commentary on bad old WCW shows while he slowly discovers that he still likes wrestling and becomes a pretty fun, lovable figure who is trying to sell T-shirts to fund his daughter's wedding and tell disgusting stories about the sexual preferences of a ring crew guy known only as "Klondike Bill"

Any Jim Mitchell stories? Because it'd be hard to have weirder sex stories in WCW than him.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

SalTheBard posted:

Which episode did you listen to? I've found that some episodes are hit and miss but I personally loved the Goldberg and Goldust one. I also prefer the episodes where they focus on a particular wrestler vs. a specific show.

EDIT: I also think Bruce gets a little sanctimonious sometimes and I hate how he shits all over Dave Meltzer but I try to just ignore it when it happens.

The Radicalz one was what I tried to listen to today. I usually listen to LAW/Post Wrestling as my main source for wrestling podcasts, and they had Conrad on their roundtable this week. The thing is, I'm from the South and have lived here about 95% of my life, and Pritchard and Conrad's voices are the most grating things I've ever heard. Ragging on Meltzer really annoyed me too since the first half hour of the show was just Bruce arguing about attendance figures in reference to a Meltzer thread on Twitter or some poo poo.

EDIT: I actually don't mind listening to Tony Schiavone at all; I watched so much NWA and WCW growing up that his voice is actually pretty awesome to me.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Any Jim Mitchell stories? Because it'd be hard to have weirder sex stories in WCW than him.

I don't remember any specifically because the show only covers Tony's tenures in WWF/WCW and Mitchell was only active in the same company as Tony for a few months in 1997.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Y'all are oddly defensive of Meltzer, I don't even think he cares as much as some of you and most of it is them playing a bit.

I do know I have to be interested in the topic they're doing that week to listen while with Tony and what happened when I'll just listen because Tony is a cool dude. This week Conrad got Tony to blindly watch Barely Legal, his first time seeing any ECW ever, and it's great.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I only just listened to the Schiavone podcast for the first time today and I really like what I've heard. Was one of the first episodes they did on the first ever Nitro. And despite Tony not actually being involved in it and not being able to answer a lot of Conrad's questions it's interesting. Especially liked him talking being hotter that he wasn't asked to be involved in the production than he was to not be the commentator.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

MassRafTer posted:

It's so much more than that and I hope someone has the full story handy.

i looked this up because no i don't have anything better to do and found links for the old board address, which didn't work. Then i found this (zurroadie is jez). It sounds about right for the people involved i guess?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

EdsTeioh posted:

The Radicalz one was what I tried to listen to today. I usually listen to LAW/Post Wrestling as my main source for wrestling podcasts, and they had Conrad on their roundtable this week. The thing is, I'm from the South and have lived here about 95% of my life, and Pritchard and Conrad's voices are the most grating things I've ever heard. Ragging on Meltzer really annoyed me too since the first half hour of the show was just Bruce arguing about attendance figures in reference to a Meltzer thread on Twitter or some poo poo.

EDIT: I actually don't mind listening to Tony Schiavone at all; I watched so much NWA and WCW growing up that his voice is actually pretty awesome to me.

O man thats such a bummer. I loved the Radicalz podcast. I also really love POST Wrestling as well. I thought Conrad was great on the round table! Bruce gets really fired up when discussing Meltzer so it's one of those things you just have to roll with it. It also stinks because usually the first 10 to 20 minutes are them discussing the prior weeks show. I would suggest giving The Rock episode a chance, if you don't like that one, you just won't like the show in general. I find the show really good because you see such an intimate behind the scenes look of the WWE.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

SalTheBard posted:

O man thats such a bummer. I loved the Radicalz podcast. I also really love POST Wrestling as well. I thought Conrad was great on the round table! Bruce gets really fired up when discussing Meltzer so it's one of those things you just have to roll with it. It also stinks because usually the first 10 to 20 minutes are them discussing the prior weeks show. I would suggest giving The Rock episode a chance, if you don't like that one, you just won't like the show in general. I find the show really good because you see such an intimate behind the scenes look of the WWE.

I may give it another shot...how's the CM Punk one?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

RBX posted:

Y'all are oddly defensive of Meltzer, I don't even think he cares as much as some of you and most of it is them playing a bit.

I do know I have to be interested in the topic they're doing that week to listen while with Tony and what happened when I'll just listen because Tony is a cool dude. This week Conrad got Tony to blindly watch Barely Legal, his first time seeing any ECW ever, and it's great.

Saturn and Darryl did a great job taking out Bubby and Devon

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

EdsTeioh posted:

I may give it another shot...how's the CM Punk one?

Not very good because Prichard wasn't around for most of Punk's run. It was pretty dumb that that topic got voted for in the first place. I think the podcast in general is a must-listen each week, though.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/986060995670884352

"The entire year I kept saying 'I'll chop him a little later! I'll chop him a little later', but when I got there, they told me he just left."

:cry:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

illcendiary posted:

Not very good because Prichard wasn't around for most of Punk's run. It was pretty dumb that that topic got voted for in the first place. I think the podcast in general is a must-listen each week, though.

Pretty much this. It is an interesting look at his OVW and ECW run

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
you better not be teasing me that dolph is gone

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

you better not be teasing me that dolph is gone

From Smackdown. He (and Drew McIntyre) are on Raw as some kind of unit now.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

GOD loving DAMNIT

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Jerusalem posted:

(and Drew McIntyre)

NO BUYS

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

a big fat bunny posted:

i looked this up because no i don't have anything better to do and found links for the old board address, which didn't work. Then i found this (zurroadie is jez). It sounds about right for the people involved i guess?

The Jez story is the man is a loving crackpot

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Holy poo poo Bryan has no idea how reality shows are produced

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

“I am not a poor human being!” wailed the man dressed in a bird costume

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

OctoberCountry posted:

Holy poo poo Bryan has no idea how reality shows are produced

I am very sad I read this before hearing it. Spoilers are actually bad, I guess.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

a big fat bunny posted:

Give us the facts, jez. Bring Down The Empire

Bryan Alvarez posted:

I am replacing you. You don’t want to talk to me anymore so I’m getting a new video game correspondent for B&V. And I’m going to address this situation on the show because quite frankly I am rather insulted that you would call me a poor human being because I did not stop the entire world to fulfill one of your requests. I was always very helpful to you and did many things that I really didn’t think that I should do, and the first time I wasn’t able to get you out of a bind you not only turned on me but called me a poor human being.

Also, I am tired of people threatening me. I am not a poor human being and I am so confident of this that I have given you one hundred percent full permission to tell any part of this story anywhere you want, whether it be on this board, someone else’s podcast, etc. There is honest-to-God hardly any story here whatsoever. You wrote front page reports for us and you sent in news tidbits here and there, and then you got mad at me and decided you didn’t want to talk to me anymore. I really, really want to hear what shocking revelation you have that could BRING DOWN THE EMPIRE.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I like Tony’s podcast. I just started listening and it’s a fresh angle on the WCW stories since we haven’t heard Tony tell his side before.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

RZApublican posted:

Give us the facts, jez. Bring Down The Empire

BUUUUURN IT DOOOOOOWN

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

jez wrote so much about whatever wwe video game was coming out that year. like a thesis.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

HulkaMatt posted:

jez wrote so much about whatever wwe video game was coming out that year. like a thesis.

what is there really to say, like uh new moves?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

What kind of weird stupid body deformation did they add this time to increase the hilarity?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

also what could he possibly write that newlegacy doesn't do a million times better in their glitch videos

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/163419959756/

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

lmao I knew you'd have it. I was just looking at old logs with you to try and find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I am also still facebook friends with Jez.