Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
The expat tangent in the last Patreon episode is one of WHM all time greatest bit in my opinion .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
Hell, I think they don’t poo poo on Alec Jones enough!

Relistened to Cats Eye, recently. Holy poo poo the Louis Anderson tangent is one of my favorites.

Also, their Rudy Giuliani impressions are underrated.

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
I am curious: what's everyone's favourite episodes of the last two years? When everyone brings up favourite episodes it's usually the older ones, but I want to know which of the newer ones you all appreciate too.

Personally, Hard To Kill (Segal being obsessed with catching the Oscars, Coma Cat), Traces Of Red (The Affordable Pizza Act) and The Bye Bye Man are some of the ones I have gotten the most joy out of.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Ultraviolet is probably my favourite episode of anything they've done. All four of those guys couldn't stand it and yet that movie's still ridiculous enough that they came up with some of the best tangents they've done. Trump as a vampire, Cum Heist (the bit around the end of the episode where Andrew as Michael Caine asks why he isn't in it is one of my favourite bits they've ever done), the New Yawk woman in Charlotte etc. It's hard to choose but i'd say that's mine.

Traces of Red is pretty well up there for me too, the whole running gag of Dominos pizza insurance is great. "I loving TOLD YOU THAT IN CONFIDENCE MISTER DOMINOS!!!"

I loved the Jungle 2 Jungle episode. Cabin's Seagal impression is incredible.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

My personal favorites so far in no particular order:

- Demolition Man (Stallone impressions, especially the "Save Tonight" bit)
- Bee Movie (for just the right amount of political humor and the Bee puns, especially "Steve Beenon")
- Jungle 2 Jungle (again, the Seagal/Depardieu/Snowden sitcom. "Listen to me you fat gently caress, it's called the chore wheel")
- Batman Forever (no particular reason)
- Batman vs Superman (anytime they mock the Kentucky senator)
- Ducktales (them finally calling out Scrooge McDuck for the miserly bastard he is, the nephews impressions. "I could have you killed!")
- Abraxas, Guardian of the Universe (the "probably Secundus" gag)

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 15, 2018

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Durandal1707 posted:

Ultraviolet is probably my favourite episode of anything they've done. All four of those guys couldn't stand it and yet that movie's still ridiculous enough that they came up with some of the best tangents they've done. Trump as a vampire, Cum Heist (the bit around the end of the episode where Andrew as Michael Caine asks why he isn't in it is one of my favourite bits they've ever done), the New Yawk woman in Charlotte etc. It's hard to choose but i'd say that's mine.

Traces of Red is pretty well up there for me too, the whole running gag of Dominos pizza insurance is great. "I loving TOLD YOU THAT IN CONFIDENCE MISTER DOMINOS!!!"

I loved the Jungle 2 Jungle episode. Cabin's Seagal impression is incredible.

I love that he keeps calling Depardieu a fat gently caress despite also being an obese dude.

Largely because it's something Seagal is probably un-self aware enough to actually do

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
The Blade 3 live show was the first episode I finished and then immediately started up again because it was so drat good. Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and IT are some of my other recent favorites. Steve's Pennywise is my second favorite impression after his Huey, Dewey, and Louie.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Favourite episodes in the last two years? Hmmmm, let's see...

Jupiter Ascending was easily their best live episode and got me interested in watching the film.
The Happening was a surprised because I thought I had exhausted all the joy I could from people mocking that film but WHM proved me wrong!
Collateral Beauty was an early best of the year episode for me. "How about getting hosed?"
Dirty Grandpa was right after and even though that movie sounds like trash, the WHM guys make it a good episode.
Bee Movie was good.
Ultraviolet was another standout.
Pottersville had that awesome gag how the movie was image rehab for Ian McShane, Michael Shannon, and others.
The pizza insurance gags in Traces of Red had me cackling, especially the Silence of the Lambs one.
Even recently the Jerky Boys episode was really comfy.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Off the top of my head the best kinda recent ones were Boss Baby, 300, Ghost Rider, Highlander II, Samurai Cop, and all the Transformers episodes.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
From recent...ish episodes 300 is great , and also Boss baby because I think thats the most high they ever been while recording an episode and the movie sound so utterly bizarre . But really they are on such a great roll I cant pick a recent episode i would categorized as weak .

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...
Anaconda was also somewhat recent right? I remember cracking up at all the Jon Voight bad accent impressions and Uber for Boats tangent.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Wasn't it called Boober?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Is Daredevil the one where they sing Evanescence? It's so good.

Also the Invisible Child episode almost killed me. I very nearly drove off the road from laughing too much when the family's story starts to fall apart at the school and one of the guys describes the dad reaching for a gun.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Another 48 Hours is a good one. Really any chance the have to let the Nolte impressions fly loose is always gold.

"And, in this scene, he is borderline incoherent."

"Ah gad drat it! Gad drat! Ahh!

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking is required listening.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Blame It On Rio.

Edit: it may not be their best episode ever but I wanted to ruin everyone’s evening by making you think about that movie.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Blame It On Rio.

Edit: it may not be their best episode ever but I wanted to ruin everyone’s evening by making you think about that movie.

How dare you drive a tiny baby wild with desire.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Soup du Jour posted:

How dare you drive a tiny baby wild with desire.

I can’t believe that loving line

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

sponges posted:

I can’t believe that loving line

"You can't blame THAT on Rio!"

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008
I think the Pixels episode was the one that made me laugh the most. Especially the bit about the weekly meetings of the lady listing club at Buffalo Wildwings. And the constant incredulousness over President Kevin James.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Based on "most listened to" stats in my app (so it's naturally weighted to older eps), going back 2+ years to the start of the 2015-16 "season":

MK: Annihilation, especially for Jupin's growing incredulity about robots appearing/missing which culminates in some character's offscreen death and the comment "Ugh, this movie's even worse!"

Cyber Seduction (Eric's so on point with his years of anticipated quips)

Brainscan (great gags about the monster's fictional incompetent assistant)

Supergirl (Jupin's pain over seeing the longet version where they magically cook a turkey)

Daredevil (bullseye!!)

Dungeons & Dragons (you know he's the hero cause he has....three belts)

X3 (Multiple Man robbed 7 banks, at the same time!!......ohhh WOWWWW)

Star Trek V (is it Sybok with a C? I've been saying Cy-bot!)

Anaconda (Jon Voight riffs)

The Happening (ohhhh I'm sorry! I have plans to watch Carnivale on standard def dvd)

Collateral Beauty (https://www.howaboutgettinfuck.edu)

Bee Movie (when mechs are first built the first usage will be a perv getting stepped on)

The Last Airbender (they hate it, it's so great)

Ultraviolet (they found new levels of hate, it's even greater)

Ninja 3 (excellent We Love Movies ep)

Samurai Cop (picard goes to the movies)

Drop Zone (we interrupt Skydivers News Central to tell you the president has been shot. Thankfully no skydivers were injured)

Traces of Red (honestly dont recall the movie chat as much as extended listens of the dominos carryout insurance revelation)

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

effervescible posted:

The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking is required listening.

100% this.

Also, some episodes I'd add to that list:

"Casper" is real fun.
"Silver Bullet", okay, seriously, a Stephen King adaptation about werewolfes with Gary Busey, these guys are having the time of their life and I love it. Introducing the new podcast idea: "Werewolves 'n things"!
"Moontrap", introducing Martin J. Cinemax III, network executive! "Extra dialoge: no points. Extra tits: extra points!"
"The Butterfly Effect", in which they recurrently imitate the writers of that garbageheap as obnoxious stoners (love it).
"One Magic Christmas", where Eric especially has a ton of fun with ze german zanta!
"Hot to Trot", in which a barrage of Nick Nolte impressions literally made my cry of laughter in the subway, drawing a whole bunch of awkard looks.
"Thinner" is good fun.

If I were to introduce this podcast to someone I might direct them to some more modern takes, such as "Suicide Squad" or "BvS".

I'll also add that the latest Patreon episode, "Jungle 2 Jungle", is probably up there among my favorites. It's seriously a great episode.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Demolition Man is a great episode, especially Steve's spot-on Peppy O'hare impression when he says "Your father hosed me like that, too!"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
About to listen to the new episode, hope they get a lot of Trump/Russia/Peepee jokes in for this one.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

they replaced eric this week so probably not.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Stairmaster posted:

they replaced eric this week so probably not.

Yeah, Justin is alright so far, but I would have loved some Eric in this one.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

This guy is pretty hilarious but Eric is hard to top.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/jupin/status/986214924409032704

:popeye:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

WHM is the only thing I’ve signed up on Patreon for so yeah, got no issues with that.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

BigglesSWE posted:

WHM is the only thing I’ve signed up on Patreon for so yeah, got no issues with that.

WHM and Chapo is all I do on Patreon and both are worth it.

I distinctly remember being in a college dining hall between classes listening to Dracula 2000 and having to cover my face so people wouldn't think I was insane because I was laughing so hard at Doubting Thomas becoming a Cenobite and the tragic staking of Eliot Smith.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I had to step back from Patreon a bit due to finances changes and while I'd love to hear them rip Jungle 2 Jungle a new one I'm fine waiting till I can resub. Dudes gotta eat (insert fat guy joke here) and the free stuff is still great. 'Support artists if you want them to keep doing poo poo' should not be such a controversial concept.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The gag about the old man appliances had me dying.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The gag about the old man appliances had me dying.

"Hey, the turkey's burnin'! I'm a stove now!"

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

eric would have done such good goofs with that....

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

This bit from the Matrix Revolutions episode is one of my favorites https://youtu.be/kvXBmuVziDE

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

A Proper Uppercut posted:

This bit from the Matrix Revolutions episode is one of my favorites https://youtu.be/kvXBmuVziDE

That was a good one but my favourite bit in that episode is Chris' "Get ready for fluids"

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

No Eric? You can keep it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ravenkult posted:

No Eric? You can keep it.

It's a great episode. You're doing yourself a disservice with that attitude.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Yeah it was really fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pato
Mar 15, 2006
Duck
A favourite of mine is Larry the Cable Guy colon Health Inspector (ep. 247). Especially after watching that horrendous celluloid abortion they tried to pass off as a movie. It’s one of their best and the movie is almost a “see it to believe it”. The episode has lots of Larry impressions obviously but there’s some great Joey Pants stuff too.