Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
they need to nerf the scorpion until this becomes standard :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Is there some consistency on how/when shields will get rocked back by melee? I can’t fathom it.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

If you hit, you knock their shield open. That's it.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Montagne's extended shield cannot be punched out of the way.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Blitz elite skin leaked.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

For real though Blitz's elite skin better show his face

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

cavs elite skin better delete her from the game, loving loathe playing against her

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I've been doing the Dokki + IQ tag-team Call N' Shoot and it's absolutely phenomenal at clearing roamers, at least on my skill level. Plus you make Pulse's life a living hell all the time, which is a nice bonus.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

new bundle has some spooky stuff like:

but more importantly:

:lol:

but seriously the uniforms themselves are basically woodland themed "blood orchid" style black, which is a very minor upgrade in terms of actual effective camo until they let us pick uniforms based on the map location/time

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Sledge is not allowed to have good or even slightly interesting headgear, apparantly.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What the actual gently caress are they.

Also why is Capitao never picked?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Ubisoft has the worst art team working on siege for some reason.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

:(

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Flipswitch posted:

They keep dicking with his loadout every major patch; if I remember right they've touched the Para 3 or 4 times, removed his frags, changed his smoke bolts to actually be opaque, and now have changed the 249 on the test server. He's good on bomb but the lack of breaching tools hampers him quite a bit.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Man those are so bad.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

What the actual gently caress are they.

His guns are average to bad. His ability is not that great when there's now so many new operators with good abilities that are both satisfying to use and effective. You can pick him yourself for a few days exclusively and you'll see.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
His gadget was always garbage. There is minimal utility but most of the time just shoot enemies with bullets.

3 speed, a claymore I guess. That's it for him.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Smoke arrows are a great victory cigar for killing the last dude thats down but not out.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Wooper posted:

Sledge is not allowed to have good or even slightly interesting headgear, apparantly.

That's everyone in SAS except for Smoke.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Slightly interesting is a very wide range, and Sledge doesn't even have that.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

the most hosed up part is that Buck gets noticeably more cosmetic attention

but in terms of gameplay, crude operators like capitao, cav and sledge are some of the most fun in the game imo even if they aren't the best against the best players

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aAsEZxUxvc

they'll never give cap more arrows because the spam blanketting effect would be op but it'd be cool if they extended the duration of the effects

the recent-ish dps buff was decent which made it feel a lot like he has IQ's 552 now.

though most capitao players i know never really cared because it simply sounds great when you shoot it and is a :krad: FAL. combine that with the pistol and you can relive the glory days of Max Payne 3 TDM in Siege when you breach the admin office of the consulate map

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

never kiss a gun street girl again

Lemon-Lime posted:

For me, it's walking forward with my shield deployed as Montagne, until they panic and try to run away and you punch them in the rear end.

e; https://files.catbox.moe/e0nqaa.webm
When you pick a 3 speed operator in Siege.

You kill the most shields as montagne, eh

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

never kiss a gun street girl again

keyframe posted:

Ubisoft has the worst art team working on siege for some reason.

their designers are just inscrutably bad in general. wildlands has the same problem, as does far cry 5.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

i tried capitao he loving sucks.

give me the italian operators ubi

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I’ve been playing Lesion a lot recently. Came in handy last night when we played against an entire team of shield recruits.

Just staring down shield guys until they step on my needle and the shield drops. That was my best game I’ve ever had.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I love getting Mira-style kills with Lesion.
You find a good juncture or even just a single corner, place a trap in the middle of the corridor, and lurk like a trap-door spider.
As soon as they trigger your trap you just strafe out of the corner and pre-fire exactly where your trap was. It's a guaranteed kill as long as it's not a shield user or a blackbeard with really good reflexes.

Speaking of which, I'd kill for a spider themed skin for Lesion.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Flipswitch posted:

i tried capitao he loving sucks.

give me the italian operators ubi

His guns might be mediocre, but the smoke arrow owns. Especially if they have a good Mira. It's immune to Jaeger's ADS too, so you can can easily gently caress up their line of sight and get a plant down real fast. Then deny entry for a good while with the fire arrows. I just wish they'd give him his frags back. It made so much more sense on him than claymore ever will.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

On one hand capitao is kinda bad, on the other fire arrow kills are good for shaming the other team so it balances out

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

IronDoge posted:

His guns might be mediocre

:confused:

The Para is really good if you can control the recoil.

His gadget isn't very good, but having two smoke grenades is handy, and you can sometimes get hilarious time-outs or kills when firebolting the defuser.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/8cvhvw/interesting_details_from_game_director_leroy/

Outbreak isn't returning.
Lion was PvE only and they decided to port him to the main game as is without thinking how he would work.
They still want 100 operators.
The team wants to continually fix/upgrade maps and older operators.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
LMAO "I don't like to talk to strangers in my gaming sessions so I made Lion, a guy who gives everybody wallhacks"...what a maroon.

Finka and Lion were both made for the loving Outbreak mode and transposed into the PvP side. That's why they feel so wrong.

Edit: Ok this dude was the gameplay designer on For Honor. For Honor was a loving mess and has bone-deep mechanical problems and utterly falls apart at high levels, this guy should probably not be designing games.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 17, 2018

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

That's really a bit weird, because Lion wasn't all that good in Outbreak to begin with. Playing it, I never really thought "drat, I wonder where all the zombies that are not currently jumping in my face are". It was pretty binary: Either the enemy is already coming at you, at which point you could easily spot them by sight or sound, or they're dormant in which case their position was pretty irrelevant.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

What if Lions gadget was a single super-scan type thing. Press the button, everyone gets a red ping marker like they'd been scanned with a drone. Then instead of forcing the attackers to hold still he makes them want to move. Sort of like Dokk + Jackal but not as good as either seperately.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

quote:

He had the 100% CPU bug. He bought a new computer since he couldn't play R6 at home anymore.

You'd think a loving designer of the game would make that poo poo a priority to fix

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

"They don't think that a fully destructible map would be great."

loving finally they're up to date on this. I guess they finally learned their lesson since Favela.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

You'd think a loving designer of the game would make that poo poo a priority to fix

Sounds like he fixed it just fine though.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/eb0z8

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Great Beer posted:

What if Lions gadget was a single super-scan type thing. Press the button, everyone gets a red ping marker like they'd been scanned with a drone. Then instead of forcing the attackers to hold still he makes them want to move. Sort of like Dokk + Jackal but not as good as either seperately.

Ooo, I like this. I was thinking it would be better for balance if he had to spot people with his drone, it only worked on who he could see with his drone, but his drone would give live “heartbeat-style” pulses the whole team could see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I personally would like to see Lion's outlines replaced with a heatmap-style "puddle" on the floor around the op. It'd probably be way more complicated to implement but I like the idea of being able to figure out roughly where to chuck flashbangs/grenades/etc. without completely giving away the enemy's position.