Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Grillfiend posted:

retool Arrow and Flash into a Justice League show imho (with regular appearances from Supergirl but let her keep her own show too)

Arrow: The Brave and the Bold, where Oliver is the only consistently appearing character and he teams up with a different character every week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wheat Loaf posted:

You can't discount the influence of Ricardo Diaz. That guy's a drug dealer!

The Legends will go to like, Tudor England and find out the Groom of the Stool is on the payroll of Diaz.

And at this point, i figure the Arrow writers room is like Voyager in its later seasons, they roll in around 10am, pack it in by 4.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Joker: Even I'm not crazy enough to cross Diaz.

Luthor: Take down Diaz? Who do you think funded my election!?

Brainiac: I collect worlds..... for Diaz

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Diaz has the Anti-Life Equation.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Sinestro fears Diaz.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

fractalairduct posted:

Arrow: The Brave and the Bold, where Oliver is the only consistently appearing character and he teams up with a different character every week

On second thought, leave Ollie on his own show, make Diggle the main character of this and just have two Arrows

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blaise330 posted:

Going by how comic book stories are written, this is incredibly plausible.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Wheat Loaf posted:

You can't discount the influence of Ricardo Diaz. That guy's a drug dealer!

I swear if they said "Diggle is acting weird due to withdrawal from his super-steroid" I'd be happy they've given him a reason to turn into whatever this is.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Aleph Null posted:

I swear if they said "Diggle is acting weird due to withdrawal from his super-steroid" I'd be happy they've given him a reason to turn into whatever this is.

All of the season could have been better with just a few tweeks. Diaz being an absolute nobody yet managing to get himself tangled deep into the city? Then just show Oliver actually being stretched too thin and ineffective at being the mayor and GA. Diggle talking gibberish and being completely out of character. Steroids! Crappy start-up tech that gets Oliver angry at Curtis! The Outsiders pissed at Oliver? Maybe have none of them turned on Oliver so the outrage over the spying thing actually makes sense. It would still be a mediocre season but at least it wouldn't be as rage inducing.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
The whole 'team/main cast group breaks down because *drama* and starts fighting with each other' plotline has never, ever, resulted in good TV ever and I wish writers would learn to stop doing it. (The only exception is probably series 6 of Buffy and I don't even think that counts).

Arrow could have had an amazing season focusing more on Oliver balancing his responsibilities as a father with his Jobs, and building his relationship with William/ William coming to terms with Dad being a superhero.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Do we want to put money on William putting a mask on next season?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rhyno posted:

Even Batman had a Robin. Which is where I'm guessing they're gonna go.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I was really bored so I made this. Just thought it'd be interesting to see what everybody thought of the season.

Just favorite/least favorite episode/legend/side character, and a season rating at the end.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

The Lord Bude posted:

The whole 'team/main cast group breaks down because *drama* and starts fighting with each other' plotline has never, ever, resulted in good TV ever and I wish writers would learn to stop doing it. (The only exception is probably series 6 of Buffy and I don't even think that counts).

Arrow could have had an amazing season focusing more on Oliver balancing his responsibilities as a father with his Jobs, and building his relationship with William/ William coming to terms with Dad being a superhero.

Who knew that a fun show that doesn't take itself seriously would be a million times better than one that is extremely depressing and 100% nonstop drama?

Oh wait, everyone except the CW writers responsible for The Flash Season 3 and most of Arrow. Let the Legends writers have all three shows. Supergirl is doing just fine because even when there is a threat Supergirl 100% can not handle and defeat is certain they still might have a nice lunch or hang out with Martian Manhunters cooldad for an episode. They don't just stand in a dark warehouse growling at eachother about how lines have been crossed and nothing will ever be the same.

twistedmentat posted:

The Legends will go to like, Tudor England and find out the Groom of the Stool is on the payroll of Diaz.

Blaise330 posted:

Joker: Even I'm not crazy enough to cross Diaz.
Brainiac: I collect worlds..... for Diaz

Wheat Loaf posted:

Diaz has the Anti-Life Equation.

CobiWann posted:

Sinestro fears Diaz.

None of you get it. Diaz has already won.

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 17, 2018

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Senerio posted:

I was really bored so I made this. Just thought it'd be interesting to see what everybody thought of the season.

Just favorite/least favorite episode/legend/side character, and a season rating at the end.

From the results so far I'm glad to see I'm not the only one tired of seeing Rip Hunter's look of "I'm so ashamed I can't look anyone straight but I do what I must for the good of all".

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Has there bean any villain that hasn't already won in Arrow?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Aleph Null posted:

Oliver Queen

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Rhyno posted:

With Thea gone we do need a new Speedy.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Aleph Null posted:

The greatest villain off all, Barry Allen, does nothing but lose.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Anatoli's track record so far is pretty bad.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Aleph Null posted:

Chase, when he blew his brains out to get off this show

edit: That other show. The one that isn't about swashbuckling time idiots screwing things up for the better.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Chase, when he blew his brains out to get off this show

edit: That other show. The one that isn't about swashbuckling time idiots screwing things up for the better.

Didn't help. He got sucked back in.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
In a universe with time travel and lazarus pits nobody is ever truly gone from these shows until they die in real life.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

bentacos posted:

In a universe with time travel and lazarus pits nobody is ever truly gone from these shows until they die in real life.

Don't forget time remnants, future clones, and alternate Earth doppelgangers! :flashfact:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

bentacos posted:

This is actually true, buried under the fine print of all the cast's contracts.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

nine-gear crow posted:

Don't forget time remnants, future clones, and alternate Earth doppelgangers! :flashfact:

And past clones.

I miss Snart.

Hope they never have Diaz as an Injustice 2 dlc char. The opponent would start off with 1 lifebar instead of 2 because Diaz "already won" round 1. I'll take Beebo dlc tho.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Apr 18, 2018

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Legend (and Arrow) to get new show runners:

https://iearths.blogspot.ca/2018/04/arrow-legends-of-tomorrow-get-new.html

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Why not link to the actual source instead of some rando's web 1.0 blog? :confused:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

nine-gear crow posted:

Why not link to the actual source instead of some rando's web 1.0 blog? :confused:

Everybody check out the original link holy shitttt

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

They should really just cancel Arrow and harvest any budget and redeemable characters for Legends. Curtis might be fun if he didn't live in Depression City in the greater Dramatic County.

I don't understand why this hasn't happened. It can't be much of a ratings hit anymore, can it? There's just not anything else for Oliver to DO.

He's already lost his fortune and gained it back(?) and become the mayor of the city. He's had several character arcs as a killer who then learns killing is wrong who then learns killing is ok sometimes, and how he lies to people but he's trying and failing and trying and failing to be honest, and he needs to learn to work with his friends but he pushes them away but he wins them back and then pushes them away. I'm not a comics Green Arrow fan, but I don't think there are any big villains they really need to cover that are going to top Slade and Merlyn, and so how do you make a credible season-long plot when he's beaten them and also the entire League of Assassins? Unless they get permission to use Hal Jordan and then they go on a road trip together?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd not be surprised if Arrow is like the Walking Dead; it's quality has had a massive drop off, but it has a really dedicated fanbase that watches it consistently, and it sells enough merch to justify its continuing production.

Its too bad there probably isn't a budget, but a Space Cop Green Lantern Arrowverse show would be awesome. Because its on TV they can focus on someone other than Hal.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Apr 18, 2018

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Who knew that a fun show that doesn't take itself seriously would be a million times better than one that is extremely depressing and 100% nonstop drama?

I'm fine with my superhero shows having different tones, actually I prefer it that way. It's possible to write great comedic shows and great dark and dramatic shows.

I think the first two Arrow seasons were pretty good, but I also liked the first Flash season, how tonally different it was from Arrow, and how the characters clashed when they crossed between shows.

In the early crossovers you got the contrast between the silly superfast hero battling colorful supervillains who were given silly nicknames by the team, and the dark and brooding parkour archer with five years spent in hell who killed rich people who "FAILED THIS CITY", and scenes like Ollie training Barry by unsuspectingly shooting him in the back with remote controlled arrow turrets and telling him to get over it.

twistedmentat posted:

Its too bad there probably isn't a budget, but a Space Cop Green Lantern Arrowverse show would be awesome. Because its on TV they can focus on someone other than Hal. Guy Gardner

Fixed.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding × guilt × shame × failure × judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=diaz

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Vandal Savage was on Diaz's payroll

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I'm surprised nobody posted this already.

https://twitter.com/caitylotz/status/984103652783771648

quote:

Some people think my body is too muscular, too skinny, too boyish. Some people will think it’s beautiful, powerful, sexy. Do I struggle with accepting my body type? Umm yes. Would I like having curves like @sofiavergara? Umm yes, but if we all looked the same that would be boring. Like painting the sunset all in one color. All the “right” curves in all the “right” places? There is no right and wrong when it comes to the body God has given you. I see a lot of online body shaming, if someone’s body is not to your liking...keep it to yourself. It’s not your body and making people feel insecure won’t help them and it definitely won’t help you. #bodypositive

Caity Lotz seems pretty cool.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man I'm glad I'm not watching Arrow because Diaz broke you guys.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Elentor posted:

Which sucks because Kirk Acevedo is 100% awesome

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Elentor posted:

He's always one step ahead!!! At some point the Time Bureau is going to have to look into him

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

bring back old gbs posted:

He's always one step ahead!!! At some point the Time Bureau is going to have to look into him

He's already infiltrated the Time Bureau you fool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WhyteRyce posted:

He's already infiltrated the Time Bureau you fool

poo poo!!!!