Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

That's disappointing, so I have to keep Orta in the drive in place of...

of.......

Forza 7?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Heh nice

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

New backwards compatible games are up now. :D

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im buying Panzer Dragoon even though ill likely not play it since theres no way i have the time and patience to unlock everything again but i can pretend I will.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barudak posted:

Im buying Panzer Dragoon even though ill likely not play it since theres no way i have the time and patience to unlock everything again but i can pretend I will.

After you finish the campaign, there is a bonus level you can do that resets over and over again. Leave this running and all content will unlock after 20 hours of gameplay.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

After you finish the campaign, there is a bonus level you can do that resets over and over again. Leave this running and all content will unlock after 20 hours of gameplay.

I know, but after beating the campaign like 30 times already in my life Ill probably not even finish that.

Nah, Ill beat it again.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barudak posted:

I know, but after beating the campaign like 30 times already in my life Ill probably not even finish that.

Nah, Ill beat it again.

I'm going to beat it again. I'm excited to do all of this over again. I'll have to completely relearn the game again though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Also, i'm sure this is a given, but Knights of the Old Republic II (this is coming later), and Morrowind should not be played on the Xbox. These are super buggy versions of those games. Don't get Pirates! on Xbox either, it's a downscaled port of the PC version and is missing features. Jade Empire has a much better remastered version on Steam.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Red Dead Redemption was the closest I've come to caring about backwards compatibility.... but I still don't care.

Especially since I wouldn't even get new cheevos. Like wtf man, my cheevos!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Also, i'm sure this is a given, but Knights of the Old Republic II (this is coming later), and Morrowind should not be played on the Xbox. These are super buggy versions of those games. Don't get Pirates! on Xbox either, it's a downscaled port of the PC version and is missing features. Jade Empire has a much better remastered version on Steam.

Pirates! Port is decent if you havent played pc in a decade. I only managed to remember one or two things that were better in the original during my playthough about 2 weeks ago.

Just dont do any sneaking missions. Those are very bad on xbox.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I said come in! posted:

What if I don't have a pc?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Ineffiable posted:

God drat millennials

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

It's on Mac and Linux as well.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bought Blinx, Ninja Gaiden, and Crimson Skies today as well. These are all games I never played on original Xbox.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Crimson Skies somehow shipped without any sort of widescreen which is really some bullshit for an exclusive on the one console that could actually run games at >480p.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I said come in! posted:

Bought Blinx, Ninja Gaiden, and Crimson Skies today as well. These are all games I never played on original Xbox.

God drat millennials

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Crimson skys sucks

Especially coming out like 2 years after rogue squadron 2 showed what a great arcade flight game could look like that gen.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 17, 2018

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ineffiable posted:

morrowind is a 16 year old game. buy a 2008 dell for a hundred bucks off craigslist and play it there.

console morrowind is still excellent because morrowind is the greatest game ever made, but you're doing a disservice by not playing it on pc. i say this as someone who was first exposed to morrowind on xbox and still has fond memories of it.

Real hurthling! posted:

Crimson skys sucks

Especially coming out like 2 years after rogue squadron 2 showed what a great arcade flight game could look like that gen.

crimson skies is awesome you weirdo.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

Crimson Skies for PC is awesome.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Microsoft made some good rear end PC games. Bring back Monster Truck Madness and the Internet Gaming Zone.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

console morrowind is still excellent because morrowind is the greatest game ever made, but you're doing a disservice by not playing it on pc. i say this as someone who was first exposed to morrowind on xbox and still has fond memories of it.

Wasn't Xbox Morrowind super buggy? Can't imagine playing that version of the game, unable to patch out even the most egregious of annoyances, when the game will run on any toaster these days.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It had an eventual crash issue if I remember right but like it was morrowind and my PC sure as hell couldnt run it.

Then after like 180 hours in it I realized I didnt really like it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

I just beat it last night. Its campaign is legit awful next to arcade flight games on gamecube and ps2 from the same time. Its terrible compared to the pc game from 4 years earlier

Without working online play its a dogshit game. Live support was the one trump card it had over competition.

The dogfighting vs ai is highly poo poo and the game knows it, offering you aa guns on the ground and your blimp through out the entire campaign to easily mow down every enemy that just flies lazily at your stationary position to soak up damage no matter the difficulty.

Perhaps i am a weirdo but at least i have taste. Ace combat 7 when

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

morrowind is a 16 year old game. buy a 2008 dell for a hundred bucks off craigslist and play it there.

I actually did play morrowind back then on Xbox then again on PC and even patched out some issues and installed cool mods.

But I don't have a pc, max or linex and I guess wanna faff around in the game and hear some of those lines and wander through that fancy city at the south tip of morrowind.

I'm also probably gonna buy kotor 2 too.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

How did that kotor2 missing content turn out? I heard they put it back into the steam version

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Man, Panzer Dragoon Orta looks good for a 16 year old game.

A 16 year old game that's just had it's resolution boosted, granted, but still.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pdo is one of the greatest games

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I would pay $60 for a VR remaster of PDO

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Fame Douglas posted:

Wasn't Xbox Morrowind super buggy? Can't imagine playing that version of the game, unable to patch out even the most egregious of annoyances, when the game will run on any toaster these days.

all of morrowind was super buggy even after patches. the real problem with console morrowind was the load times. the worst ps1 load times ain't got poo poo on morrowind.

Real hurthling! posted:

I just beat it last night. Its campaign is legit awful next to arcade flight games on gamecube and ps2 from the same time. Its terrible compared to the pc game from 4 years earlier

Without working online play its a dogshit game. Live support was the one trump card it had over competition.

The dogfighting vs ai is highly poo poo and the game knows it, offering you aa guns on the ground and your blimp through out the entire campaign to easily mow down every enemy that just flies lazily at your stationary position to soak up damage no matter the difficulty.

Perhaps i am a weirdo but at least i have taste. Ace combat 7 when

like, arcade flight games from that era are my jam, so much so that rogue leader is the only game i started dedicating shittons of time to as a speedrun. ace combat 04 was the reason i got a ps2 and ace combat 0 remains one of my favorite games ever. so i know full well how good the genre was then. i liked crimson skies just as much as the rest, and while the multiplayer was a part of that, the campaign was still a lot of fun when i revisited it a couple years back. i've never heard of anyone with this much vitriol towards its single player before.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Acecombat 7 when tho?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

Acecombat 7 when tho?

How about Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X 3?

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

like, arcade flight games from that era are my jam, so much so that rogue leader is the only game i started dedicating shittons of time to as a speedrun. ace combat 04 was the reason i got a ps2 and ace combat 0 remains one of my favorite games ever. so i know full well how good the genre was then. i liked crimson skies just as much as the rest, and while the multiplayer was a part of that, the campaign was still a lot of fun when i revisited it a couple years back. i've never heard of anyone with this much vitriol towards its single player before.

Yeah, I played Crimson Skies back in the day and had a blast with it, so seeing that was weird.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

How did that kotor2 missing content turn out? I heard they put it back into the steam version

Its real bad. It gives you some funny dialog but it slows down the narrative for no appreciable reason and is a lovely dungeon.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dang

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Fame Douglas posted:

Ace Combat is way better. I'll probably buy the new one twice. Once for the PSVR mission and once for the 4k Xbox version, assuming they make it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dont get for vr, they said some bullshit like only certain modes are vr not the whole game

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Oh, that is weak. I just did a google and, yep, you're right. I'll wait for it to go on sale or be used. Not going to spend $60 for "several hours of VR missions."

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I put blu jade empire in and it’s not working lame.

Also sad to read about Morrison’s I rather play a game with native controller support than some lame pc version same with motor 2. Kotor 2s controller support and UI is real bad

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Fame Douglas posted:

right after EndWar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Empress Brosephine posted:

I put blu jade empire in and it’s not working lame.

Also sad to read about Morrison’s I rather play a game with native controller support than some lame pc version same with motor 2. Kotor 2s controller support and UI is real bad
Please proofread your posts.