Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Straight White Shark posted:

you lost me? I'm suspicious of DB for his non-votes

Oh oh oh, sorry, yeah I see now. I was getting too into the mentions of Krell in his posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Fuckin' hell, it looks like it's gotta be DB unless some people come through?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
It really doesn't feel like we got 15 people in this game...

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Straight White Shark posted:

you lost me? I'm suspicious of DB for his non-votes

this, plus the way he slid onto other cases. rather vote db than nutsack.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It feels like we got a different set of posters once the weekday came.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hello friends.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

Hello friends.

You're trapped in a room with a gun with one bullet. In the room are three mirrors and a voodoo doll that looks suspiciously like your own full-sized form. Who do you shoot?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Theoretically if 1 more person shows up Nutsack becomes a viable candidate, but I'd still prefer to vote someone who's been actively posting scummy stuff than a lurker.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Phone posting @ work, what happening, is it me?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dick Bastardly posted:

Phone posting @ work, what happening, is it me?

Yes, pretty much

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
any last words?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
OK yeah, I'm vanilla town. Gl town.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

15 mins.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote DB

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
##vote db

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
##vote Dick Bastardly

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
:redhammer:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
#vote DB

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

[*]Since there is no night cycle, posting after hammer is fine, though not if you are the one lynched (obviously).

o wait

:justpost:

shitpost away!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Everyone is tense. The arguments seem to be going in circles. Is it even possible to determine friend from foe?

The airlock. We need to push someone out the airlock, you all think to yourselves.

There is no other way. This is a gruesome task, but it must be done. After another cycle of arguments, it is settled.

"Dick has to be one of the zealots. I swear I saw them sneaking to the captain's quarters! Hell, it’s even in his name! He’s a bastard!” a voice can be heard in the crowd. That's all it takes.

With swiftness, everyone turns against Dick Bastardly. They beg and plead, but their cries turn to silence when the airlock is opened.

In space, there is only silence.

A search is conducted of their belongings. You can find no connection to the Zealots.

:siren: Dick Bastardly, Carl Ibrahimov, Space Station Scientist (Vanilla Town), was lynched Day 1. :siren:

You all take a moment to breathe, hoping to have a moment of peace. Unfortunately, peace does not come to you.

Straight White Shark slumps over, a dagger in his back with the note “THE ZEALOTS WERE HERE.”

:siren: Straight White Shark, Vernon Chalut, Space Station Scientist (Vanilla Town), was killed by Zealots Day 1. :siren:

But that’s not all.

Atomic Soda steps forward. “SUGAR!” He screams, “I NEED SUGAR.”

Blood begins pouring from his mouth. Then his eyes. Then, moments later, his entire body explodes into a fine mist. Now there will be no way to tell his allegiance.

:siren: Atomic Soda, Milan Posavec, Identity Unknown, explodes Day 1. :siren:

Day 2 deadline will be Thursday at 9pm pacific time.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Dick Bastardly (8): Straight White Shark, zzyzx, Straight White Shark, Somberbrero, Hal Incandenza, CCKeane, Yami Fenrir, Sandwolf, Atomic Soda, Straight White Shark
Harold Krell (2): Anomalous Amalgam, Retro Futurist, CCKeane, CCKeane
Nutsack Rangoon (2): Dick Bastardly, I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Hal Incandenza, Nutsack Rangoon, Hal Incandenza
I R SMART LIKE ROCK (0): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Straight White Shark, Straight White Shark
Sandwolf (0): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
CCKeane (0): zzyzx, zzyzx
Atomic Soda (0): Somberbrero, Atomic Soda, Atomic Soda, Somberbrero

Not Voting (1): Harold Krell

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 17th, 2018 at 9 a.m. PDT -- that's in about 5 minutes.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
t:ghost:t suck my ghost dick zealots

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSJSVmfaMCs

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

You're trapped in a room with a gun with one bullet. In the room are three mirrors and a voodoo doll that looks suspiciously like your own full-sized form. Who do you shoot?

I'd probably not shoot anybody and look for a way out instead.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I think it's rock.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

I think it's rock.

gently caress it, I'll bite, why?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well jeez

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Different death flavor, interesting.

I personally think we should take another look at zzyzx. There vote on DB was an apparent joke vote, that they just never bothered to comment on it or post around the deadline, which I feel helped DB become vote leader in the first place? The vote apathy that happened kind of makes me suspect DB wouldn't have gone up without at least a little push from Scum.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking this, I dunno.

I just think their post history, which provides commentary but little content (apart from distantly defending AA, who I remain somewhat suspicious off), combined with the fact that their vote started as a joke, and ended up staying on the vote leader all the way to the lynch, is a bit strange.

Now, I'm not saying they're scum (given my great track record with to so far...), but I feel like I should maybe bring some attention to it.

For similar reasons, I don't like Hal's content. It's a lot of commentary and then a vote on DB. Also the quips at me are noted, but I'll try to be less OMGUS about it.

I'll take a closer look later, I just wanted to share my thoughts on the matter.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

gently caress it, I'll bite, why?

Straight White Shark was pursuing them early, straight white shark seems to be an unusual kill and that seems sensible.

An additional.possibility is that it's Yami.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

AS also mentions rocks a few times, although he has fewer posts. I suspect he may have been intentionally targetted for his opinions.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

As opposed to culling low post count posters.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

CCKeane posted:

Straight White Shark was pursuing them early, straight white shark seems to be an unusual kill and that seems sensible.

Like, I legit mean this, as a newbie - how did you come to this conclusion?

Going from earlier mentions, I am apparently a lot more suspicious than I think I am (granted, that might partly be from my inane rambling), so I'd like to know what makes you think that.

Of course, I'm still not entirely sold on rock and it'll prolly be a while until I will stop looking at them as suspicious for a while, so I can't really comment on that. I'm biased against rock already, I think.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

Like, I legit mean this, as a newbie - how did you come to this conclusion?

Going from earlier mentions, I am apparently a lot more suspicious than I think I am (granted, that might partly be from my inane rambling), so I'd like to know what makes you think that.

Of course, I'm still not entirely sold on rock and it'll prolly be a while until I will stop looking at them as suspicious for a while, so I can't really comment on that. I'm biased against rock already, I think.

Shark wrote up a pretty significant post explaining why he thought you were scum. He is now dead, and flipped town. Shark seems like an unusual kill. I am assuming he was offed because of his opinions.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

AS also mentions rocks a few times, although he has fewer posts. I suspect he may have been intentionally targetted for his opinions.

CCKeane posted:

Shark wrote up a pretty significant post explaining why he thought you were scum. He is now dead, and flipped town. Shark seems like an unusual kill. I am assuming he was offed because of his opinions.

I actually agreed reflexively, shark struck me as an odd person to kill, and he seemed like he was getting stronger and stronger feelings against rock.

But you're saying both AS & Shark were killed because they were suspicious of rock?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami you're doing fine, don't be overly concerned about OMGUS or the opinion of the thread, if you feel a certain way, pursue that.

Hal, you're playing very similarly to how you just did in Myst, which prompts me to think you're town and probably should take a break from mafia cuz you've barely said poo poo in this game, either.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Can we hear some anything from RETRO FUTURIST, SOMBERBRERO, ZZYZX, ANOMALOUS AMALGAM, NUTSACK RANGOON, and HAROLD KRELL

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

some anything

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

zzyzx posted:

some anything

this is not an .mp3 file

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

CCKeane posted:

Rock struck me as very, very new on d1, which doesn't preclude him being scum, but he certainly didn't sound like he was getting advice from anyone, either.

Shark may have just been because of that weird case formatting thing he tried doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

I actually agreed reflexively, shark struck me as an odd person to kill, and he seemed like he was getting stronger and stronger feelings against rock.

But you're saying both AS & Shark were killed because they were suspicious of rock?

No, but I am saying that two players who died had posted negatively about rock. I think rock may have killed one of them.

Might as well go for a smug called shot, I think it could be Rock killed AS, Yami killed Shark.

• Locked thread