Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer
#44 Speedball

Like a leopard messiah, Speedball is pivoting to video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8fBoMHHORc

Also - she is known for her more commercial film work

Plus - she's obviously a fan of Twin Peaks

And if you don't vote for her, she may sit on your head.

Fumblemouse fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Apr 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Fumblemouse posted:

And if you don't vote for her, she may sit on your head.

But you look like you're still able to breathe; that's not how it works!

:colbert:

Butterscotch (#17) will show you the way.

https://youtu.be/pDbrIO25aZc

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Nice

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
What if instead of voting beginning some people just keep on buying banner ads once a month, what then

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Spuckuk posted:

This is Ragnar

You should donate and then get Ragnar a number and post more.

Dumb Lowtax posted:

What if instead of voting beginning some people just keep on buying banner ads once a month, what then

Lowtax gets more bone bux which is the whole drat point of this mess
and we are doomed to post itt until death takes us.

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer

Chili posted:

Your catte has sat beside someone's face. That's no way to get the best view. For that you have to sit on top!

Here is the Speedball (vote vote for for ##44) reaction video to your catte

(It's not a very exciting reaction video)

Fumblemouse fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Apr 18, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Chili posted:

My suggested videos are simply sara’s Homemade chili and a Simpsons “you got the dud” (the weird homer face meme) video. I am not sure how this happened as I have never watched these types of things before. Your cat is clearly into some interesting things....

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

dee eight posted:

You should donate and then get Ragnar a number and post more.

Lowtax gets more bone bux which is the whole drat point of this mess
and we are doomed to post itt until death takes us.

will do!

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Koda dressed up for the voting event.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Over There posted:

Koda dressed up for the voting event.

I am STILL not posting #52 Herman's end-game shot...

dee eight posted:

I dunno. Last time I said something about July, but I was probably high then. I think the guys that bought banners for this thread should get the whole run, so maybe voting starts the day after the last banner drops off. I'm open to input from all the contestants.

The first voting thread is going to be posted in pet island to help avoid drive-by poo poo posters. Literally A Bird gave me the okay and would probably be happy to smite thread shitters. When the voting starts, I'd appreciate for poll watching and vote tabulation checkers to PM me if I screw up the count.
Nope... still not posting it. Herman's gonna play dead for a while...

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
#28 Phyrexian Obliterator got to go on an outdoor adventure today so we could get out of the office for a few minutes and get some fresh air (it's SO nice in FL right now, which never happens....)

She's still a little tentative, but getting bolder every time we go out. No more hunkering down waiting to be carried back inside, we had to keep her from burrowing into some shrubs in search of lizards.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
Still not to voting yet? Then fresh pictures!

Mia (#10) peekaboo

Yori (#9) has one pose

Willow (#8) in her cave bed natural

and perturbed

And Mia has apparently found the love of her life

(It's the mouse cursor, she doesn't care about Phyrexian Obliterator.)

(Edit: Perhaps I am mistaken!?)

(Further Edit) Friendly bed neighbors not hissing at eachother (Yori and Willow)

Section 9 fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Apr 19, 2018

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
There's one hobby of Suka's (#63) that I didn't mention before. She also enjoys climbing.

As you can see, my mom turned the end of her banisters, whatever you call them, into scratching posts, and Suka's taken full advantage. Can you spot the scratched-up, peeled paint on the back there? (You probably can't; my phone's camera isn't great.)

In return for this service, Suka has taken mom under her protection...

...and offered her belly to rub.

"Can I go out and play with the neighbor cat?" "No, Sukes, he'd kick your rear end."

Guess what she did to this thing when I didn't have my camera out.

But really, her presence is a present all by itself.

Vote Suka! She's got N I G H T M A R E E Y ES

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Vote Simon (#25) and maybe he'll let you boop that nose:

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

https://i.imgur.com/tJPvyz3.jpg
Rollo #53 should win your vote on his exquisite coat alone. Note the characteristic Rex ripple, and the adorable behind-ear tufts.

He feels as good as he looks. Like an expensive handmade teddy bear from Harrods.

Penny #54 is an all round excellent cat who doesn't mind taking a shower as long as she can dry off in their converted cat carrier "the cat oven".

Penny is in charge of the dispatch and disposal of household pests. Pictured tail at medium fluff on alert for a spider or something.

ReelBigLizard fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 19, 2018

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Fumblemouse posted:

Your catte has sat beside someone's face. That's no way to get the best view. For that you have to sit on top!

Here is the Speedball (vote vote for for ##44) reaction video to your catte

(It's not a very exciting reaction video)

Is Speedball an Abyssnian?

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer

Khazar-khum posted:

Speedball is a Singapura which means she's tiny (though she is personally big for a female), wicked smart, energetic, and has big love for everybody and their shoulders. She's two, which means she's full size by now (they grow slowly) but the breed is apparently incredibly kittenish for most of their lives.

Her hobbies include tapping things off high surfaces, sneezing on screens, trying to jump on grasshoppers and saying mwaow at invisible stuff out the window.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Let's play Where's Sakamoto (#27)!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Shinmera posted:

Let's play Where's Sakamoto (#27)!

More like where's his trademark red scarf? :colbert:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I finally got the time to make a post for Autumn (#35).

We got Autumn from the SPCA on the first day of fall.

She soon got used to her new home.

Unfortunately for her, she had to get spayed.

But she bounced back in time to enjoy Christmas.

Meanwhile, my fiancee quickly graduated to taking videos of her:
- playing on the stairs
- deciphering the mystery of the dryer door
- destroying my curtains :argh:
- doing the laser walk
- and being a cutie
~FIN~

McGavin fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Apr 22, 2018

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Omg she's adorable!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

my cat is norris posted:

Omg she's adorable!

Thanks! I like her Santa beard. :kimchi:

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Today wasn't too exciting, but I think Phyrexian Obliterator was happy nonetheless.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Khazar-khum posted:

the singapura has some weird controversial history where some breeders suspect they're just some weird abyssinian/random stray mutt rather than coming out of the native singaporean cats (and maybe some abyssinian). they definitely look quite a bit like abyssinians but for their heads being a lot less triangular.

abyssinians/somalis are cool cats and i would have entered my mischievous somali boy but for the fact i work far too much to assemble a folio of impressive shots like the other people in this thread.

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer

Neurosis posted:

the singapura has some weird controversial history where some breeders suspect they're just some weird abyssinian/random stray mutt rather than coming out of the native singaporean cats (and maybe some abyssinian). they definitely look quite a bit like abyssinians but for their heads being a lot less triangular.

The 'discoverers' of the Singapura breed were US Abyssinian and Burmese breeders, and Singapuras are suspiciously similar genetically to Burmese. Make of that what you will, but Abyssinian ears with a shorthaired Burmese face describes Speedball quite well.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Today wasn't too exciting, but I think Phyrexian Obliterator was happy nonetheless.

:cry:

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

More like where's his trademark red scarf? :colbert:

We have tried to make him wear a scarf, but unfortunately he immediately starts scratching at it and trying to get out of it. :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Chester (#56) is tired and lasering adorable cat waves at you

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Apr 22, 2018

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Update #whatever:

About 6 weeks into this and the money is not flowing nor even trickling. I'd really like to see this make at least a grand, but I dunno if that has even a chance of happening.

The active campaigners continue to post quality stuff and I appreciate that, but I want to see the other cats get some representation, too.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
my cat of 24 years died.

he was the best cat till the end. but in the last 2 days he was rough. he was trying to throwup and loosing consciousness because of it. he was on like 4 pills, i was selfish enough. i bawled like a baby when i had to go kill my best friend. they wanted me to go in there to see him peace i couldnt do it.

the best cat is love

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

dee eight posted:

Update #whatever:

About 6 weeks into this and the money is not flowing nor even trickling. I'd really like to see this make at least a grand, but I dunno if that has even a chance of happening.

The active campaigners continue to post quality stuff and I appreciate that, but I want to see the other cats get some representation, too.

Might as well float an idea I had: what about being able to donate to Lowtax to buy the ability to vote multiple times in the voting phase? There are a lot of good cats here, and I'd chip into the spine fund to be able to choose more than one. (Not sure how this would work -- PM you extra votes, possibly?)

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Lime Tonics posted:

my cat of 24 years died.

he was the best cat till the end. but in the last 2 days he was rough. he was trying to throwup and loosing consciousness because of it. he was on like 4 pills, i was selfish enough. i bawled like a baby when i had to go kill my best friend. they wanted me to go in there to see him peace i couldnt do it.

the best cat is love

24? That's a brave, good old man. Genuinely sorry for your loss.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Antivehicular posted:

Might as well float an idea I had: what about being able to donate to Lowtax to buy the ability to vote multiple times in the voting phase? There are a lot of good cats here, and I'd chip into the spine fund to be able to choose more than one. (Not sure how this would work -- PM you extra votes, possibly?)

The goal is to find THE singular very best cat. The first round of voting will kind of free form, so you could probably sneak extra votes in there. 2nd and 3rd rounds will be checkbox poll so you can vote for multiple cats. Only the final round will be one vote for one cat.

If you want to toss in any extra :10bux: then maybe pay the entry for a random goon cat like Tendai did?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Lime Tonics posted:

my cat of 24 years died.

the best cat is love

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

dee eight posted:

Update #whatever:

Can I pay to post my maltipoo? It’s ok if he doesn’t win.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Piggy Smalls posted:

Can I pay to post my maltipoo? It’s ok if he doesn’t win.

dee eight posted:

Rule #420: Dog cannot be VBC unless it is Farlow or Dogface.

Rule #420(b): Burgerpug is right the gently caress out of the question so don't even think about it.

Rule #420(c): This is a better cat than most dogs:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Good kitty... Uh... Thing.

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic
Is that a tardigrade?

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Then don’t take the money I’m ready to give you

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4520552

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

I ain't taking your money. Give your goddamn lousy ten bucks to Lowtax and stop making GBS threads up this thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3852758

• Locked thread