Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

No, but I am saying that two players who died had posted negatively about rock. I think rock may have killed one of them.

Might as well go for a smug called shot, I think it could be Rock killed AS, Yami killed Shark.

Are you saying its a coincidence they both died then? I am correct in assuming you're calling one of Yami scum and Rock an SK? (the SK kill was janitored)

re: your called shot, I think Rock would have a stronger interest in seeing shark dead then AS, I don't think they're on a scum team together, I think your whole theory has become too convoluted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Sandwolf posted:

Are you saying its a coincidence they both died then? I am correct in assuming you're calling one of Yami scum and Rock an SK? (the SK kill was janitored)

re: your called shot, I think Rock would have a stronger interest in seeing shark dead then AS, I don't think they're on a scum team together, I think your whole theory has become too convoluted

This doesn't discount that Rock is suspect, although I agree that Yami seems less likely.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Sandwolf posted:

To be clear: I would imagine the deaths are from different factions, if Rock is responsible for one of these, the other death is likely a coincidence.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Harold Krell posted:

Why would you make this assumption? If I was scum, how would it benefit me by explaining this out loud?

I have played mafia games before that had weird role setups, even supposedly role-lite games. To say what I'm doing is wrong is to favor less posting from players, which is objectively wrong. It's day 0 and we can only speculate right now, but that's better than lurking.

WRT: the scum benefit, I think if you put down some theory that started to appear true or close to it, that you would gain credibility from it. Even more so now that you openly question a scum motive for it. It feeds itself.

I will say that I agree that speculation is better than lurking. I first thought rocks comment to be innocuous, but it does come off as intentional misrepresentation.

##unvote

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Uhh we should give the other players some time to participate; before accusing them of lurking. The entry length for this game has been pretty long. So I think it’d be pretty understandable to take a little bit to get in here

This is really awkward, and I feel like they either skimmed krell's post and jumped at what seemed scummy, or is intentionally misrepresenting it.

Either case is bad.

---

So I started the above casing yesterday, and got busy IRL with work and family so i missed deadline.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

To be clear: I would imagine the deaths are from different factions, if Rock is responsible for one of these, the other death is likely a coincidence.

I have information to share.

There is a regular scum team the rebels, insurgents or w.e. They were called. Those are your scum. There are probably 2 of them.

The other team is less of a team and more of a contagion... I have been infected and am jettisoning myself from airlock so that my pestilence doesn't spread.

Find the space terrorists and beat them, that's your maf game.

*closes door behind airlock dramatically*

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

There is a regular scum team the rebels, insurgents or w.e. They were called. Those are your scum. There are probably 2 of them.

The other team is less of a team and more of a contagion... I have been infected and am jettisoning myself from airlock so that my pestilence doesn't spread.

wat

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Do you think AS would have known about this before he died?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

zzyzx posted:

WHAT?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Lemme clarify this one: What kind of unbelievable jump in logic is that zzyzx? Why does it matter? What does AS have to do with anything all of a sudden?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

zzyzx posted:

Maybe... It was d1, unless they were the original infected... unless there is a d0 infector

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

It sounds like the same thing that killed AS, but AS never mentions it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Sandwolf posted:

Lemme clarify this one: What kind of unbelievable jump in logic is that zzyzx? Why does it matter? What does AS have to do with anything all of a sudden?

Everything. They are actually on fire right now

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

zzyzx posted:

It sounds like the same thing that killed AS, but AS never mentions it.

If it was a n0 infection they may not have known.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Everything. They are actually on fire right now

Alright, I'll meet you in Crazytown, let's do this.

You say you're jettisoning yourself out the airlock, was that just roleplay? Has your wincon changed? Do you know you're going to die or are you suspicious of it? Are you rebelling against a recruitment method or are have you just been made aware you're not gonna survive tomorrow night?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Sandwolf posted:

Alright, I'll meet you in Crazytown, let's do this.

You say you're jettisoning yourself out the airlock, was that just roleplay? Has your wincon changed? Do you know you're going to die or are you suspicious of it? Are you rebelling against a recruitment method or are have you just been made aware you're not gonna survive tomorrow night?

I've been made aware that my death is guaranteed, and I got to choose whether I went into the airlock to die a martyr as town, and possibly still win or to infect another player and definitely win as 3P.

I chose the former.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Assuming you die, what do you think you'll flip?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

zzyzx posted:

Assuming you die, what do you think you'll flip?

Well since I opted to not perpetuate infection, I'll die as town.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Any indication of what your win condition would be if you infected somebody?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

zzyzx posted:

Any indication of what your win condition would be if you infected somebody?

Not verbatim, but essentially it is just win by infecting another player and exploding.

I imagine I just won't explode from the airlock.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Well since I opted to not perpetuate infection, I'll die as town.

You don't think your death, like AS', will be janitored? Blowing out the airlock sounds like your body would be unidentifiable in the same way as AS was.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also it's zealots. Zealots are the scum

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Not verbatim, but essentially it is just win by infecting another player and exploding.

I imagine I just won't explode from the airlock.

Do you have any ideas of who would have infected you? Do you have reason to believe that their is no poisoner, that it just travels from host to host?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Sandwolf posted:

You don't think your death, like AS', will be janitored? Blowing out the airlock sounds like your body would be unidentifiable in the same way as AS was.

Ah I wasn't paying attention to that janitor bit.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I am Hannah Bevington, I imagine I'm a space engineer doing machinery type things, but now I'm a living bomb. So I guess I will be janitored airlock or ship, but yeah... it's all out there now

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I was vanilla prior to all of this.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Could atomic soda have killed themselves in order to pass the infection along, AA receives it (targeted or otherwise), and his martyrdom will end it?

I've never encountered a mechanic like this I don't think..

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

AA, answer this please.

Sandwolf posted:

Do you have any ideas of who would have infected you? Do you have reason to believe that their is no poisoner, that it just travels from host to host?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Sandwolf posted:

AA, answer this please.

If AS was infected by another player and not patient 0, we are probably all hosed anyhow. Scum included.

If AS was patient 0, then I am infectee 1 and there should be no others, and this game is winnable.

Probably no other 3p poisoner, recruiter types

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

WRT: the scum benefit, I think if you put down some theory that started to appear true or close to it, that you would gain credibility from it. Even more so now that you openly question a scum motive for it. It feeds itself.

I will say that I agree that speculation is better than lurking. I first thought rocks comment to be innocuous, but it does come off as intentional misrepresentation.

I would think the more credibility you have, the more likely you would appear to be town, but to each their own.

It is very troublesome that there were so many deaths last night all at once. It will take some discernible amount of time to read up for clues in the last set of responses.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Probably janitored like AS did. Okay, this is the alignment change the OP was talking about, then.

I have to admit this new info is throwing me off my game. Especially since that makes you town, assuming you actually die tonight. I pegged you as scum.

Either way, I've been giving it some thoughts too. This feels like it's the SK equivalent to me. The second nightkill. This feels too simple to simply stop right here. Think about it. If all it takes to have one less nightkill permanently was to for one town to sacrifice themselves, why wouldn't the first town to get infected do it? (Aka, exactly what AA is doing here.)

I think there's something beneath the lid here. Some other mechanic we maybe aren't aware of? Keep in mind this is an extremely paranoid theory here.

There's a poisoner out there too, I think, but maybe not in the usual way. Maybe it's got something to do with votes.

AA was the first to be voted up by Krell, as well as being voted up by two other people. Maybe there's some sort of vote poisoner?

I dunno, maybe I'm overthinking it. But AA, please don't vote anything other than a hammer today, if you wouldn't mind. I kind of want to see what happens.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Of course I might also just be going completely insane and it's just a bizarre night action. Who knows.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

I dunno, maybe I'm overthinking it. But AA, please don't vote anything other than a hammer today, if you wouldn't mind. I kind of want to see what happens.

Insane that you're aware of this, again, but I agree. Just in case, AA should be the hammer vote today.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Eh, shark was actually the hammer vote, not AS, but still.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I should probably abstain from voting all together if it's something vote related, but highly doubt that. A very close but nondirecr transcript of ehat i got was, you're infected and going to die. Die as town, or die as 3p and win.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I actually wanted to talk about that part too. Earlier, you said:

I've been made aware that my death is guaranteed, and I got to choose whether I went into the airlock to die a martyr as town, and possibly still win or to infect another player and definitely win as 3P.

I chose the former.

this "possibly still win" versus "definitely win" concept. If you chose 3P, why do you DEFINITELY win? 3P wincon (save lyncher, jester, other weird poo poo) is usually just control vote as well. So why this aberration?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

And if that is the case as you say it is, why didn't you chose 3P?

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.

quote:

There are extremely limited night actions - i.e. there are no night actions beyond the killing.

??

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Well, okay, duh then, it's an action thats taken during the course of the day.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Ok, I said I'll do some cases today but I wasn't able to focus, plus the whole "living bomb" thing kind of was a large distraction.

However, I did do something!

I MADE A LIST.

Probably Town
AA <- Assuming their story is correct of course. Skepticism seems best, it could still be a trick to give him a day, *which might be all he needs* :tinfoil:

Somberbrero <- seems to be visibly scumhunting.

Sandwolf <- seems to critically analyze posts, putting in effort into scumhunting.

Null-Reads

I R SMART LIKE ROCK <- Still feels off to me somehow, but the fact they didn't vote DB makes me want to give them a break.

zzyzx <- seems helpful, but also don't seem to go very hard on hunting scum

Don't trust

Harold Krell <- Still has that weird spec going on, plus kind of just disappeared completely?

Retro Futurist <- posting seems fairly low effort and doesn't really go anywhere

CCKeane <- lot of accusations, not a lot of reasons.

Hal Incandenza <- fairly low effort posts, but was around to vote on DB who turned guilty. Fairly accusatory tone in general with no attempts at casing yet.

Nutsack Rangoon <- Barely exists in the game.

If there's someone I missed on this list, they posted so little I didn't realize they exist at all. I didn't check OP, only posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh, didn’t realize there was no night

##vote krell

• Locked thread