Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SunAndSpring posted:

I'd report them but barely anything ever gets done on Twitter because it's run by gormless libertarians.

I'm not intending to keep this line of conversation going, but for an ostensibly voracious tweeter, the account in question has fallen silent since it's massive climactic half-cocked gasket blow. But then again Twitter is more addictive than crack to crazy people, so who knows if they'll be back. I don't honestly care and neither should anyone in this thread.

Water's wet. Chicken's delicious. Jack Dorsey and Biz Stone love Nazis. Whaddup.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Apr 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Sorry about taking the internet too serious.

Anyway, is Joseph Anderson ever gonna put up that Witcher 3 review or is that permanently shuttered?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

Anyway, is Joseph Anderson ever gonna put up that Witcher 3 review or is that permanently shuttered?

He'll get on it right after exploring every single solitary question mark location.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

SunAndSpring posted:

I'd report them but barely anything ever gets done on Twitter because it's run by gormless libertarians.

It's worth it to report, IMO; I've been driven to report some bad actors before and it got results. Bear in mind that we're a lot less likely to hear about cases where the system works the way it should.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Leal posted:

He'll get on it right after exploring every single solitary question mark location.

Probably lost his mind doing all the skellige caches.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

SunAndSpring posted:

As far as I know his currently scheduled next major release is Nier, followed by a yet unannounnced video (probably Undertale imo but who knows), maaaaaaybe Horizon: Zero Dawn if he finishes it fast enough (so probably not) and then a hiatus for the channel while he aims for Witcher 3 by the end of the year.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kim Justice posted:

Jon Bois working for SB Nation is kind of like if instead of LA Galaxy having a 36 year old and kinda banged up but still pretty good Zlatan Ibrahimovic, they had Zlatan Ibrahimovic in his prime. His videos are that good, and his writing is even better. Obviously you go ahead and try to build your whole team around that but his style can't be repeated.

Yea I really like SB Nation as a whole and they have fun people with good show ideas, but it's hilarious how obviously everything is based around 'we need to do Jon Bois' thing as best we can as often as we can'. Like, I'm not making GBS threads on it, it's a good plan and they have juuuust enough distinct flavors of Jon Bois to make it work without feeling stale, but considering he was first known as this kinda niche sports internet thing it rules that now he's an outlet's Rosetta Stone.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Lightning Knight posted:

As far as I know his currently scheduled next major release is Nier, followed by a yet unannounnced video (probably Undertale imo but who knows), maaaaaaybe Horizon: Zero Dawn if he finishes it fast enough (so probably not) and then a hiatus for the channel while he aims for Witcher 3 by the end of the year.

That's going to be hilarious considering his completionist tendencies.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

That's going to be hilarious considering his completionist tendencies.

"The game has required a bunch of needless busy work to unlock every achievement, almost as if they were intentionally designed to be as tedious as possible. And its all for nothing because you can just farm money to buy the achievements!" *somehow takes 2 hours to say this*

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
As far as I know he enjoyed Nier, or at least enough to constantly use 2B waifu memes on Twitch and irritate me. :mad:

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Joseph Anderson reviews The Stanley Parable; complains about the design choice of it taking 5 years to get the "don't play for 5 years" achievement.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I was hoping that was the first Nier game, which was the last game to give us Cavia-tier completionist trolling. Nier: Automata really isn't as bad.

Drakengard still wins though.

gaymartin
Jan 5, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 7 years!)

I believe the point the anime robot housewife is trying to make is that "sjw" types tend to cover up for their sides crimes regardless of how heinous they might be, on top of later it coming to light that other people knew about it but said nothing purely because they agreed with them on something such as the current implosion of channel awesome, really not sure what the goobers have to do with this either, I have never understood this mentality of not calling out an rear end in a top hat for being an rear end in a top hat purely he stands with you on the same political spectrum and or ideologies.

Have you ever dealt with victims of abuse? Rape? And I mean real abuse, not this "someone called me a bitch on the internet, that means I was raped" kind of abuse, I mean honest to god life altering abuse that changes your life entirely and crushes your every hope and dream, I have, I was one!

They're some of the most manipulative people you will ever meet in your life, some notice it early on and stop, others don't and realize they can forever beg for sympathy because of what they experienced, most people are to afraid to call them out because of what they experienced, then the manipulation turns up a bit, it gets worse and worse, eventually 2 possible things can happen.

1. The victim will be abandoned by pretty much everyone, tired of their poo poo.
2. The victim will be told they're being a manipulative poo poo in a very violent and explosive fashion which then makes their trauma worse, because they might endure another, such cases tend to end in suicide.

Its ok to call someone out for being a piece of poo poo regardless of what you went through, bad life experiences is no excuse to treat others like poo poo and its certainly no excuse to abuse other's either, regardless of what side of the fence you sit on, what political party you follow or whether or not you truly believe it was about ethics in gaming journalism, its perfectly fine to call out someone who's being an rear end in a top hat, moreso if they're perpetrating a horrifically heinous crime such as what JewMario did, not sure why this is such a hard concept for so many of you to grasp, GamerGate is dead and has been for years, there is no "winning" if you call out someone on the "right side of history" for being a horrible garbage, there is only losing for the victim crying for help but is drowned out by idiots who can't let the other side "win" in this retarded culture war that doesn't want to loving end.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

gaymartin posted:

I believe the point the anime robot housewife is trying to make is that "sjw" types tend to cover up for their sides crimes regardless of how heinous they might be, on top of later it coming to light that other people knew about it but said nothing purely because they agreed with them on something such as the current implosion of channel awesome, really not sure what the goobers have to do with this either, I have never understood this mentality of not calling out an rear end in a top hat for being an rear end in a top hat purely he stands with you on the same political spectrum and or ideologies.

Have you ever dealt with victims of abuse? Rape? And I mean real abuse, not this "someone called me a bitch on the internet, that means I was raped" kind of abuse, I mean honest to god life altering abuse that changes your life entirely and crushes your every hope and dream, I have, I was one!

They're some of the most manipulative people you will ever meet in your life, some notice it early on and stop, others don't and realize they can forever beg for sympathy because of what they experienced, most people are to afraid to call them out because of what they experienced, then the manipulation turns up a bit, it gets worse and worse, eventually 2 possible things can happen.

1. The victim will be abandoned by pretty much everyone, tired of their poo poo.
2. The victim will be told they're being a manipulative poo poo in a very violent and explosive fashion which then makes their trauma worse, because they might endure another, such cases tend to end in suicide.

Its ok to call someone out for being a piece of poo poo regardless of what you went through, bad life experiences is no excuse to treat others like poo poo and its certainly no excuse to abuse other's either, regardless of what side of the fence you sit on, what political party you follow or whether or not you truly believe it was about ethics in gaming journalism, its perfectly fine to call out someone who's being an rear end in a top hat, moreso if they're perpetrating a horrifically heinous crime such as what JewMario did, not sure why this is such a hard concept for so many of you to grasp, GamerGate is dead and has been for years, there is no "winning" if you call out someone on the "right side of history" for being a horrible garbage, there is only losing for the victim crying for help but is drowned out by idiots who can't let the other side "win" in this retarded culture war that doesn't want to loving end.

Sir this is an Arby’s.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

MonsieurChoc posted:

I was hoping that was the first Nier game, which was the last game to give us Cavia-tier completionist trolling. Nier: Automata really isn't as bad.

Drakengard still wins though.

Sorry I didn't specify, I figured everyone would know that the only one anyone is going to make a long-form critique of is the one everyone actually played recently.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

Sorry I didn't specify, I figured everyone would know that the only one anyone is going to make a long-form critique of is the one everyone actually played recently.

As much as I love Automata this is a real shame.

Man when will Noah Gervais do a DrakeNier video...

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

gaymartin posted:

gently caress off, mombot

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015

gaymartin posted:

Have you ever dealt with victims of abuse? Rape?

They're some of the most manipulative people you will ever meet in your life,

:redflag::redflag::redflag::redflag::redflag::redflag::redflag::redflag::redflag::redflag:

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

So glad we don't have a moderator right now

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Lightning Knight posted:

That’s never stopped anyone before.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

MonsieurChoc posted:

That’s never stopped anyone before.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was very lukewarm on Nier: A and have no interest in the older ones based on footage I've seen.

As far as I know Joe has only played the last one.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

gaymartin please post these thoughts of yours in sexual assault thread

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Joseph Anderson is good and I like him

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

jackofarcades posted:

Joseph Anderson is good and I like him

:same:

He's currently streaming God of War II, it's pretty entertaining.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

The quest for the legendary Worst Take is finally over.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

gaymartin posted:

Despite the fact that fake Japanese housewife got numerous critical details wrong and invented others out of whole cloth purely for the purpose of smearing their political opponents, I'm going to pretend I'm the sensible one by re-interpreting their clearly partisan garbage as though it were an exasperated cry for "an end to the culture war" and not itself an already overt example of the very culture war it claims to decry.

I am a very smart person.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Don't give gaymartin any attention for the love of god.

gaymartin posted:

You mean republicans, nazis haven't been a thing since the WW2 ended, i know twitter says otherwise but people that disagree with your hivemind aren't nazis.

Also the other side in this case has blood on their hands to for inciting drat near a riot, but gotta that propaganda machine rollin

Why the gently caress are talking about this in the VR thread anyway, can you clowns not shut up about politics for one loving second?

Note that it's in the VR Megathread. Don't feed.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I am so glad I no longer am the biggest dumbest rear end in a top hat in this thread

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
gaymartin wins the award for being the quickest I've gone from reading a post to putting a person on ignore.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Joseph Anderson is a good critic although he gets caught up in stupid little things sometimes and if he improved that he would be godly.

How was that even a response to what Ema Nymton said?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am so glad I no longer am the biggest dumbest rear end in a top hat in this thread

Keep trying you’ll be back on top eventually.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

DoubleCakes posted:

Joseph Anderson is a good critic although he gets caught up in stupid little things sometimes and if he improved that he would be godly.

He pretty much needs an editor who isn't his wife imo, he's smart but he meanders and wanders into unfocused territory too often.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I wonder which element of the CA thing got the nazis baying and howling. Chance to punch down + women having opinions/existing + extremely online?

Even the imminently dunkable/eternally self-dunking Ian Miles Cheong tried (failed) from the safety of his weekly Incel Corner internet column to get an internet horde after Dan

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Several CA people have been routine targets for these guys for a while. This is not a new thing, it's just an excuse to get riled up again.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

VanSandman posted:

Keep trying you’ll be back on top eventually.

Not particularly motivated to get back there

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I cannot be more satisfied seeing how dead Channel Awesome is right now, of course a network full of manchildren who constantly whine and moan about movies, cartoons, and video games while having zero industry experience was never going to be profitable and everyone needs up getting hosed over by some arrogant cunts who clearly need to go into hiding (except Mike Michaud, he should go ahead and kill himself for the greater good).

I have more respect for all the members who spoke up about the gross poo poo behind the scenes (all except Spoony for obvious reasons). Although I still think their youtube and review careers are a complete joke, they were honest and wanted to put a stop to lovely business practices, which I admire.

This was somehow a bigger crash and burn than Rebel Media, and that's kind of surprising. Maybe if we're lucky we'll see Mike's police record for unpaid debts in the aftermath...unless Mike tries to escape that by swallowing some cyanide. As for Rob and Doug, yes they're total loving egotistic assholes who scammed people via IndieGoGo, and were stupid enough for thinking they could make a living out of ranting about kids' movies forever, but I think it's safe to say they doesn't deserve that much blame compared to Mike. Maybe they'll go look for a new job and embarrassingly try to explain to employers what they've been doing for the last 10 years.

Anyway that being said, gently caress Channel Awesome and gently caress the head honchos for loving over everyone else and rightfully getting what they deserved. May it burn in hell.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I find faint amusement in others misfortunes to be better than actively wishing harm on people.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The nazis are coming from inside the thread. What a time to be alive.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
God bless the terrible posters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

business hammocks posted:

The nazis are coming from inside the thread. What a time to be alive.

I honestly expected that meltdown to happen closer to the incident.

Going this late is a little lame.