Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
the problem with choke and push is it's range one, so it's the same problem of Vader being 1 speed. Using throw with the lightsaber is great. I've heard Vader is more useful in full 800 point games than in the beginer's game, but still not completely convinced he's all that good. 200 base points feels like a lot for what little he can do.

I finally finished the TTS game. I realized I shouldn't have tried to flank with the ATST around the side (but I was afraid of those overhang bridges in the center blocking me in). it got a few shots at two troops, killing one and reducing the other to the leader before they fled. I should have parked it in the center and covered everyone.
I lost all of my troops (one getting run off the board by luke mind tricking them). In the center Luke, the lone leader and two ATRTs all took shots at Vader, and even with his dodge didn't protect him, taking out his last 5 health.

At end of round 6 all I had was the ATST. My opponent still had a full troop, that lone leader, luke, leia and the two AT-RTs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Deviant posted:

Also: If I have a group of storm troopers firing together, and one of them opts to use concussion grenades (Range 1 Black 1 Blast), does the entire attack pool ignore cover? I can't see anything where the keywords only modify their specific dice?

Keywords affect the whole dice pool. So that stormtrooper missile launcher's Impact 3 can flip the stormtrooper rifle white dice to crits if the blacks are blanks or crits already.

And yes blast gets added to the whole attack pool, but in your example, the whole squad should be using the grenades, (except any heavy weapon) as they are black dice.

This makes the new rebel troopers very interesting as they have a grenade launcher that has blast so at range 2 you can ignore cover for the 10 white dice coming in from the other members of the squad.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Blast affecting all the dice in an attack pool is why the AT-ST really benefits from the concussion grenade launcher. All those troopers hiding behind heavy cover are going to drop quickly.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Hello, I'm super hyped to play this and should be getting my first game in tonight. I'm leaning Rebels so far since most of the locals have leaned into Imperials. I've checked the OP and saw the list builder and some other resources. Where should I check for previews of new models and release schedule? I know FF has https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/ but it's kind of vague to when stores will receive models

Oh and where can I look for the new hot meta lists? So I know what I'm facing against with the eventual netdeckers

fadam posted:

Man, it is insane how much better Luke is than Vader. Like, even if they cost the same I would probably lean Luke just for how good his gun is. I play Luke like a Warmachine caster and just keep him hanging back getting safe value from his gun until I can commit him late game to clear an objective or something.

I've also adjusted my anti AT-ST strategy to just ignoring it.

Until they add more stuff I think the list I'm going to work with is:

Luke /w Reflexes and Push
6x Rebel Infantry + Trooper + Scopes
3x Rotary AT-RTs, two of them with long range comms.

You get a 3 point bid, tons of resilient scoring bodies, and some decently consistent shooting.

fadam posted:

Sabre throw is basically necessary if you want to get any of his value back. Force Reflexes is okay and can help you live through a SoS turn, and there's not a whole lot else to spend points on right now so there's no real reason to not take it. Battle Meditation is very nice if you're taking the bikes.

I've played around with Force Push quite a bit on Luke (I've only played Vader during a tutorial game) and while I liked it at first, I've grown colder on it and don't take it any more. It's probably better on Vader because it gives you a threat extension to get into melee, but in practice I think doing that is rarely a smart decision because Vader is typically just going to get shot to death right after.

fadam, you seem to be the most vocal Rebel player around. Could you explain why you've fallen out of favor with Force Push and what your list looks like now? I'm hesitant to buy more than 4 units of standard Rebel Troopers as the Fleet Troopers are hopefully coming out soon

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Here's a news page tagged with Legion.
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/tag/star-wars-legion/

All we know so far on the upcoming units is "2nd Quarter 2018"

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Glossy black bases for Imperials (Death Star Flooring) with Silver Rings for captains/dudes of importance?

Thoughts?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

canyoneer posted:

Here's a news page tagged with Legion.
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/tag/star-wars-legion/

All we know so far on the upcoming units is "2nd Quarter 2018"

Sweet, thanks!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Hello, I'm super hyped to play this and should be getting my first game in tonight. I'm leaning Rebels so far since most of the locals have leaned into Imperials. I've checked the OP and saw the list builder and some other resources. Where should I check for previews of new models and release schedule? I know FF has https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/ but it's kind of vague to when stores will receive models

Oh and where can I look for the new hot meta lists? So I know what I'm facing against with the eventual netdeckers

fadam, you seem to be the most vocal Rebel player around. Could you explain why you've fallen out of favor with Force Push and what your list looks like now? I'm hesitant to buy more than 4 units of standard Rebel Troopers as the Fleet Troopers are hopefully coming out soon

Force Push was fun during week one because people weren't used to it so it was really easy and funny to move a unit out of cover/scoring and blow it up. Unfortunately, once people know you have Force Push, it's pretty easy to play around it. It's pretty hard to get value out of a range 1 move 1, especially if you want to protect your commander afterward. Luke can only take two force powers, and I love Battle Meditation and kind of like Force Reflexes, so getting rid of push was a pretty easy cut. It's probably better on Vader than Luke because Luke has a really good gun so you can do a lot of work by just hiding behind cover and shooting stuff until you need to bring him in late game to instantly Son of Skywalker an enemy scoring unit away.

Right now my list is:
Luke /w Battle Meditation, Force Reflexes, Scopes

6x Rebel Troopers /w Extra Trooper, Scopes

3x AT-RT /w Laser Cannon

Comes out to 797. For some reason all the Imp players here always bullseye the 800pt mark so it's nice being almost guaranteed priority.

Basically this list aims to win on scenario. Run all your dudes up, hide behind cover (make sure you do the minigame at the beginning where you fill 1/4 of the table with terrain then take turns putting it down, Rebels absolutely need tons of cover), and use your huge volume of fire to eliminate as many scoring units (I know everything can score, but it's hard to get bikes and the AT-ST in position so I don't really prioritize them) as you can. If they're running an AT-ST and you're playing either of the scenarios where you have to hold objectives by outnumbering them, you basically win for free because even if they lay into you you're almost guaranteed to have more unit leaders to score with during all the scoring phases.

Some notes:
-Against Imps the only card you really don't want to see is the one where you deploy on the short table edges. The AT-ST getting a free turn of shooting helps it a lot.

-Pretend like you're playing Warmachine and if you lose Luke, you lose the game. He's powerful in the late game(especially on turns 5 and 6 when you can instantly delete something using Son of Skywalker), and his orders are very useful, so you want to keep him alive as long as possible. Only get into melee if he'll be safe after, if you're getting a huge point swing (trading for Vader is worth it imo), or if it's the last turn and you don't really care if he lives or not.

-With crit surge the chain gun is probably objectively better on the AT-RT than the laser cannon in terms of damage output, but I like the longer range and consistency. I also don't want to magnetize more stuff yet.

-It's tempting to dump all your guns into the AT-ST because of how expensive it is, but I've found that just leaving it alone is the best strategy. You're almost guaranteed to get more ahead on scenario (the only thing that matters) if you took the 3-4 rounds of shooting it takes to kill the AT-ST and put it toward eliminating their better scoring units. With my list you're playing with 10 scoring guys, all of whom love to stand still and aim. Any imp list with an AT-ST is playing with like six-ish? Some of which are bikes and are a pain in the rear end to score with? If you eliminate one of their squads you're at a huge advantage.

-There's not enough stuff to spend points on, so scopes are fine. I think scopes on all your guys is better than adding a weapon to a squad. When Leia comes out, I'll probably squeeze a Z6 or two in where I can.

On paper I think the fleet troopers seem pretty lovely, but they might play a lot better than they look. It's going to take a lot to make me want to move off of six troopers for my core, though.

fadam fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 18, 2018

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Deviant posted:

Glossy black bases for Imperials (Death Star Flooring) with Silver Rings for captains/dudes of importance?

Thoughts?

I did flat navy.

I might rebase clear acrylic when that becomes an option.

Usually I'm a fan of flocking and scenic basing, even special resin inserts, but given the fact that there are just so many possible biomes/artificial surroundings I'm going neutral on my Starwar mans.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Thanks a ton of great starting advice. I kinda of figured that Warcasters would be an equivalent concept to Commanders for this game. My game got pushed to tomorrow do to a scheduling conflict but that also means I have time to brush up on basic rules and don't come in completely new

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Ran 3 AT-RTs with flamethrowers yesterday. The results were pretty drat brutal. With surge conversion, I was wiping out multiple rebel trooper units in a single turn. I had to use terrain smartly but once they got in range everything collapsed pretty quickly. They seem to be a pretty good counter to trooper spam. Playing against imps today I figure it will be harder with the red armour dice.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

fadam posted:

-There's not enough stuff to spend points on, so scopes are fine. I think scopes on all your guys is better than adding a weapon to a squad. When Leia comes out, I'll probably squeeze a Z6 or two in where I can.
The huge upside of special weapons if that it can target a different squad with its dice pool, which enables you to churn out twice as many suppression tokens as squads without.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Ran my 3 flamethrower list against an Imperial list. It worked really well. He set up his AT-ST to take them on, but I just ran past it and murdered the first 2 Stormtrooper units I got near. Eventually, all three died but by then all but one of his stormtrooper and AT-ST were dead. All my troopers were able to gangbang the rest of the army while they were distracted.

Snowspeeder still found a way to die.

Also using the tournament terrain rules was a massive help for the rebels. Big buildings and barricades for days.

Fetterkey
May 5, 2013

Even without the events of forty years ago, I think man would still be a creature that fears the dark.
Here's my quick summary of "wave 0" Rebel units plus Leia. Empire one will come later. As a general rule, gear/comms/grenade upgrades are generally bad at present and should in my view be considered points fillers - just focus on taking extra troopers and special weapons at first.

Luke Skywalker: Luke is a powerful individual combatant with unusually strong defenses for a Rebel unit. While a bit easier to kill than Vader, the difference is less than you might expect, and the fact that Luke can take suppression tokens is actually positive for his defenses (since only one token is needed to provide a bonus point of cover, but three are needed to actually suppress Luke). Further, Luke is much more mobile than Vader, and while worse at range once Vader takes the near-mandatory Saber Throw, Luke doesn't have to spend points or slots on his ranged attack and you're really fielding these models for melee anyway. Luke's one- and two-pip command cards are significantly better than Vader's, his three-pip is worse but still very good, and his cheaper points cost makes him generally a more appealing commander than Vader. Lastly, Luke's Jump 1 lets him pop over line of sight blocking terrain to take down enemies before they even see him, and while this is board-dependent it's extremely strong on the right table.

Recommended configuration: Luke Skywalker, Force Push - 175 points

Leia Organa: Leia, like Luke, can do some major damage - her gun ignores cover completely thanks to Sharpshooter 2 and pierces the first successful save an opponent rolls on each attack - but unlike Luke she isn't as strong defensively by default, relying on her Take Cover/Nimble combo (you can give her one of the tokens and send another to a nearby squad, or even to Luke himself to give him another Deflect use) and the Esteemed Leader upgrade to stay alive. Ultimately, Leia is more of a support hero than an overwhelming board presence, but the support she provides is very effective at clearing suppression and adding to the Rebels' limited defenses. We don't know Leia's three-pip command card yet, but the two we do know of are extremely strong. Leia looks like she'll be a popular choice, either without Luke (to enable a "horde army" with more points spent on the very effective basic squads) or in conjunction with him.

Recommended configuration: Leia Organa, Esteemed Leader - 95 points

Rebel Troopers: These guys are more effective at shooting than Stormtroopers, but have worse defenses. The Z-6 provides a somewhat inconsistent but powerful firepower boost (equivalent to that of 3 normal troopers on average and with more opportunity to crit), and means that even a very damaged Rebel Trooper squad can still seriously threaten crits vs. units in cover. Unfortunately, the ion launcher is less effective. Because one action (shooting) is usually much more effective than other actions a vehicle might take, stripping one action from a target is often not so effective - you really need the two-ion lockdown, which can be difficult to achieve. Further, suppression generally makes weapons that have to be readied after each shot a dubious choice. Luckily, the basic Z-6 configuration is extremely strong and should prove a mainstay, providing both very efficient firepower vs. unarmored targets and the troopers you need to capture most objectives.

Recommended configuration: Rebel Troopers, extra trooper, Z-6 Trooper - 72 points

AT-RT: The AT-RT is a lot weaker defensively than it first appears, especially in the "classic" Rebels vs. Empire matchup where many anti-armor weapons are likely to appear. This defensive weakness limits its overall strength, but the AT-RT makes up for it with flexibility; right now, it's the best option available to "fill holes" in a Rebel list. Need more anti-armor? Bring out the laser cannon! Need more anti-infantry? Try the flamer! Just want more firepower in general? The rotary gun is effective against infantry and better vs. armor than it first appears thanks to the AT-RT's surge to crits. Overall, an AT-RT is not an option you'll likely be thrilled by, but one that's necessary to fill out holes in the composition at this phase in the game. Personally, my preference is the laser cannon, as its Range 4 means that the ATRT can hang back and avoid exposing itself to too much firepower.

Recommended configuration: AT-RT, ATRT laser cannon - 90 points

T-47 Airspeeder: Unfortunately, my recommendation is to skip this one. While the T-47 Airspeeder has a powerful main gun and great mobility/action economy, its defenses are so bad for the price that ultimately it seems fatally flawed, at least in the current environment. Cover does less than you think on a model where they'll mostly be looking for crits anyway, and while it does help vs. other Airspeeders or ATSTs, you need to be more worried about the "death by a thousand cuts" from DLT-19s, speeder bikes, or just lots of crits from rebel Z-6 squads. The best use currrently available appears to be in an army with lots of other armor, making it harder to focus down - but while this has brought me some success in lists with two Airspeeders or an Airspeeder plus three AT-RTs, overall this seems gimmicky and vulnerable to being blown out by bad matchups.

Recommended configuration: Whatever looks best on your shelf. :(

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Cross postin time!

Grey Hunter posted:

Oath Complete

I pushed myself this month, a good number of models, weathering, custom transfers (and weathering of them), Object light sourcing as well.

The Big beasty.

The Rebel's reply.

Babbies first OSL.

Some support.

The Troops. Stormtroopers are HARD. Hard to paint and hard to photo.

The barricades. zzzz

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Veers is officially released now, but most importantly, the two desert ruins game mats are available.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/4/26/begin-ground-assault/

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Just impulse bought the core and an Airspeeder since the FLGS was having a wicked good sale for Tabletop Games Day.

What else should I get if I want to run rebels at 800? More troopers, another AT_RT, or another Airspeeder?

I love the idea of running two airspeeders since I love the ship, but I can see having half the list being in two flying models being iffy.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Is Veers good or not? I can't decide. He seems good, but that command card is 1 use and a bit limited range wise.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Floppychop posted:

Just impulse bought the core and an Airspeeder since the FLGS was having a wicked good sale for Tabletop Games Day.

What else should I get if I want to run rebels at 800? More troopers, another AT_RT, or another Airspeeder?

I love the idea of running two airspeeders since I love the ship, but I can see having half the list being in two flying models being iffy.

More AT-RTs is always a good bet. A friend runs 3 of them and wrecks people.

Veers seems good. Hes prob the only way to make use out of HH-12 troopers atm. I can see double commanders lists with Veers + whoever else is next the same way people are theorizing about Leia+Han lists.

You def have to be cagey with him though. Hes no Vader for sure.

lowly abject turd
Mar 23, 2009
idk based on points he does seem worthwhile, the points differential is more than another set of speeder bikes and like 75% the cost of a AT-ST. I haven't actually tried him yet tbh but he's really appealing for the capability of running a second at-st or just speeder bike rushing. I do like running vader but seems regardless of his load out his abilities end up funnelling me into a specific play style. Could be just me tho...

Fetterkey
May 5, 2013

Even without the events of forty years ago, I think man would still be a creature that fears the dark.
Veers represents the "HQ tax" approach to taking a commander in my view - he's unimpactful but the cheapest option available, letting you take another unit and a half or so. Generally, he doesn't seem to do that much, but you're taking him to spend more points on other things anyway.

Leia is sorta "Veers but better" - she has similar but better stats and keywords (Sharpshooter/Inspire 2 instead of 1, 3 black dice instead of 3 white dice) to the point where she's actually quite effective in battle - that said, she does suffer from having only range 1-2. My prediction is that Luke + Leia lists will be relatively common, as they're both quite effective and have some nice synergies together as well.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Made an initial pass at a Veers list:

Veers
- Commanding Presence
- Esteemed Leader

Stormtroopers (4 Units of These)
- HH-12
- Extra Stormtrooper
- Targeting Scopes
- Concussion Grenades

Stormtroopers (1 Unit like this)
- Extra Stormtrooper

AT-ST
- Weiss
- 88 Blaster Cannon
- Mortar
- DW3 Concussion Grenade

Total 800/800.

Thoughts?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Deviant posted:

Veers
- Commanding Presence
- Esteemed Leader

- HH-12
- Extra Stormtrooper
- Targeting Scopes
- Concussion Grenades

- Extra Stormtrooper

AT-ST
- Weiss
- 88 Blaster Cannon
- Mortar
- DW3 Concussion Grenade

Total 800/800.

Thoughts?

I would swap 1 or 2 of the HH12 or the DLT-19 snipers. Those let you fire on the move and don’t require reloading. That and pulling grenades from a couple troopers will let you upgrade the trooper unit with no upgrades.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Orvin posted:

I would swap 1 or 2 of the HH12 or the DLT-19 snipers. Those let you fire on the move and don’t require reloading. That and pulling grenades from a couple troopers will let you upgrade the trooper unit with no upgrades.

I mean, fair, but that unit also only exists to bubble wrap Veers.

Fetterkey
May 5, 2013

Deviant posted:

Veers
- Commanding Presence
- Esteemed Leader

- HH-12
- Extra Stormtrooper
- Targeting Scopes
- Concussion Grenades

- Extra Stormtrooper

AT-ST
- Weiss
- 88 Blaster Cannon
- Mortar
- DW3 Concussion Grenade

Total 800/800.

Thoughts?

This list has a lot of upgrades that I don't find all that effective. I might try something more along the lines of:

General Veers - 80

Stormtroopers with DLT-19, additional stormtrooper - 79
Stormtroopers with DLT-19 - 68

AT-ST with General Weiss, twin blaster cannon, AT-ST mortar launcher, concussion grenade launcher - 250

793 points total, so feel free to take some grappling hooks or whatever.

Fetterkey fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Apr 30, 2018

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Fetterkey posted:

This list has a lot of upgrades that I don't find all that effective. I might try something more along the lines of:

General Veers - 80

Stormtroopers with DLT-19 - 68

AT-ST with General Weiss, twin blaster cannon, AT-ST mortar launcher - 250

793 points total, so feel free to take some grappling hooks or whatever.

That AT-ST doesn't add to 250, did you mean to also have the 3rd weapon on the AT-ST?

Deviant fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 29, 2018

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Ima try this.

General Veers 80
Commanding Presence, Esteemed Leader,

Stormtroopers 44
DLT-19 Stormtrooper, Impact Grenades,

Stormtroopers 44

Stormtroopers 44

Stormtroopers 44
Impact Grenades,

AT-ST 195
88 Twin Light Blaster Cannon,

AT-ST 195
88 Twin Light Blaster Cannon

4 squads of Troopers has been enough to work for me in the past. The 2 AT-STs should be enough to soften up enemy squads, scare people off objectives and soak up enough damage for the troops to swoop in and claim whatever they need at the end. The grenades are for Vader/Luke who wanna suicide dive Veers/troops. I think no bikes should be fine since kinda suck at the "hold/grab an objective" missions and the people here go hog wild with terrain on maps. Long march should be auto win even without mortor launchers although i might try to find points for at least 1.

Fetterkey
May 5, 2013

Ah yeah, whoops! Fixed in edit, thanks.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I like the idea of Veers and 3 squads of the blaster rifle storms holding a central position, and then Vader and 2 squads of snowtroopers with flame and impact grenades slowly rolling up a flank, with speeder bikes jamming and being annoying.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

banned from Starbucks posted:

Ima try this.

General Veers 80
Commanding Presence, Esteemed Leader,

Stormtroopers 44

Stormtroopers 44

Stormtroopers 44

Stormtroopers 44
Impact Grenades,

AT-ST 195
88 Twin Light Blaster Cannon,

AT-ST 195
88 Twin Light Blaster Cannon

4 squads of Troopers has been enough to work for me in the past. The 2 AT-STs should be enough to soften up enemy squads, scare people off objectives and soak up enough damage for the troops to swoop in and claim whatever they need at the end. The grenades are for Vader/Luke who wanna suicide dive Veers/troops. I think no bikes should be fine since kinda suck at the "hold/grab an objective" missions and the people here go hog wild with terrain on maps. Long march should be auto win even without mortor launchers although i might try to find points for at least 1.

Aren't impact grenades are useless against Vader/Luke compared to concussion grenades?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

uh...id have to look but i dont thin either are bad vs him

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Raged posted:

Aren't impact grenades are useless against Vader/Luke compared to concussion grenades?

Impact grenades are useful against armor, and concussion grenades are useful against cover. They are both strong on stormtroopers as an upgrade to their damage dice.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Anyone have a scale comparison on that new 30 buck falcon from the new solo flick?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Finally dropped the speeder and added 2 more sets or trooper (Thanks May the 4th sale). Took it to a small tournament and it made a world of difference. Poor sad snow speeder no reason to use you anymore.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
I played two games today, full 800 points with objectives. We used a table set up with some really cool terrain pieces (rock formations, a pair of big anti-ship turrets and a big ATAT in the middle which I think was close to scale).

I played as the empire with Veers, speeders and four troops of storm troopers.
My opponent had Luke, five troops, and 3 AT-RTs I think with the laser cannon.

The first match was had the scattered sides condition (so we started kitty corner) and the breqak through the objective. At the end, he marched 3 undamaged ATRTs. his three remaining units and Luke into my zones, for 6 points.
I had just two troop I think. Two were barely outside.I realized too late I should have retreated quicker, but even with all my remaining units I would have 5 points, since I had my ATST doing some heavy damage to the troops.

The second match was get the supplies with the L-shaped deployment.
I rushed my stormtrooper units to the center, ahd sent a trooper each to get the other 2 near supplies. I got all 3, but then Luke comes in, sabers everyone to death and runs away. I tried to chase and shoot him down with my troopers and ATST, and managed to kill Luke, but in round 6 my ATST went down, and it didn't matter since there were 4 troops next to Luke, so no way to stop another troop from picking it up.

I feel like maybe the objectives aren't so well balanced, and certain lists are just better at capture/get to posistion objectives (which is 1/2 the objectives. (though, I think that's true in a lot of miniatures games, and was a weak point of x-wing's design).

Also, as cool as Weis and having a fully loaded ATST is, I used Weis maybe 3 times in both games (able to use a command card to restock) and even then I used 3 weapons all at once, not all 4. I guess the choice of weapons is handy, but I wonder if I really need the grenade launcher, since I hardly ever used it).

Also, I really need to remember to use targeting scopes. I was effectively -25 points on my list because I kept forgetting (and yeah, I know, but I had max units in all my troops, so nothing else to really spend the points on, besides maybe grenades).

Fetterkey
May 5, 2013

Played a casual escalation tournament yesterday for my first games in person - lots of fun stuff! Really enjoying how fast the game flows while keeping both players engaged throughout.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Has anyone seen collections of this game put up for sale yet? Never kept track of Armada but about how long would I be waiting for a decent collection with bargain bin prices? A year? Might just wait for some summer sales and get myself a snowspeeder to paint for now.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I've already seen sales where people buy two core sets and sell all the stuff from one faction of the other.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

How much longevity do you think this game has? I am holding out for Battle Droids or customizable Jedi/Sith characters personally, but having seen a few games at the local shop it looks neat. Star Wars is such a limited setting I worry that after Stormtroopers and Snowtroopers there isn't a ton of recognizable stuff left at the scale the game represents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd love to see "generic" commanders. At this scale of Skirmish Darth Vader or even General Veers isn't always going to be the one leading the charge to sabotage some moisture vaporators or whatever.

Give us Imperial Captain and Rebel Captain, a really bare bones commander tax that can take a few upgrades to be okay.