Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

Oh, didn’t realize there was no night

##vote krell

Are you serious dude? Nothing else to provide to the game? Are you really just gonna tunnelvision Krell? Because that'll make you a big fuckin' hypocrite:

Retro Futurist posted:

Krell’s very presence distorts reality and corrupts games at their source. He needs to be removed before anymore damage is done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

I’m suspicious of Keane’s, because I expect better of him.
Other than that this is the only thing to really catch my eye

Rock is town, unless the rest of the scum team are new/not posting in the scumdoc whatsoever. Also DB is probably town, all the cases on him are the same ones I’ve watched him get killed for as town in the last year or so

Well all of that still stands, Krell is just the more immediate threat.
Don’t worry, Sandy, I’ll get you next.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

Well all of that still stands, Krell is just the more immediate threat.
Don’t worry, Sandy, I’ll get you next.

honestly dude if it gets you to participate, you can start on me now

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm beginning to think that RF...might be a bad.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I believe AA, which would eliminate AS's death from my reasoning.

This points me stronger toward Rock.

RF's recent posts are bad and I think he may be doubling down from my call out on him day one.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

Yami Fenrir posted:

Don't trust

Harold Krell <- Still has that weird spec going on, plus kind of just disappeared completely?

I just posted a few minutes ago? I've been completely upfront with my feeling and opinions on the matter and if people just want to ignore me that's fine too. But don't just make up things because you couldn't take the time to read a few sentences.

Sandwolf posted:

Don't worry. Retro Futurist just seems to latch on to targets randomly and just sticks to them for no apparent reason other than to annoy. Either the mark of a really novice Mafia player, or perhaps just a very antisocial person. :(

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE GAME WITH RECENT DEVELOPMENTS KRELL

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

AA why would you choose to be a martyr over a guaranteed win??

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Ok, I said I'll do some cases today but I wasn't able to focus, plus the whole "living bomb" thing kind of was a large distraction.

However, I did do something!

I MADE A LIST.

Probably Town
AA <- Assuming their story is correct of course. Skepticism seems best, it could still be a trick to give him a day, *which might be all he needs* :tinfoil:

Somberbrero <- seems to be visibly scumhunting.

Sandwolf <- seems to critically analyze posts, putting in effort into scumhunting.

Null-Reads

I R SMART LIKE ROCK <- Still feels off to me somehow, but the fact they didn't vote DB makes me want to give them a break.

zzyzx <- seems helpful, but also don't seem to go very hard on hunting scum

Don't trust

Harold Krell <- Still has that weird spec going on, plus kind of just disappeared completely?

Retro Futurist <- posting seems fairly low effort and doesn't really go anywhere

CCKeane <- lot of accusations, not a lot of reasons.

Hal Incandenza <- fairly low effort posts, but was around to vote on DB who turned guilty. Fairly accusatory tone in general with no attempts at casing yet.

Nutsack Rangoon <- Barely exists in the game.

If there's someone I missed on this list, they posted so little I didn't realize they exist at all. I didn't check OP, only posts.

Please don't make lists they have a troubled past in this community

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.
Also think AA claim is super weird given the context of the game

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

AA's claim is super weird. It's also going to become irrelevant tomorrow. The only question is if we think there's more utility in executing him if there's a whacky gambit, or letting him die and voting him tomorrow if he remains.

I'm very comfortable with the latter.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

AA why would you choose to be a martyr over a guaranteed win??

Because I believe town loses all hopes of winning if I don't.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Because I believe town loses all hopes of winning if I don't.

Why do you feel so strongly that way

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

You're being mad cagey and I don't like it

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Sandwolf posted:

Why do you feel so strongly that way

Because the way cult/infection type roles work.

An active death cult, which is what I'm guessing this is, pretty much guarantees the end of the game for all players. Especially if infection can in anyway change over the course of the game.

That would guarantee at least 3 every deadline, and with the likelihood of mislynching more than once, I decided this was the best course of action.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Are you a zealot wolf?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Did I hit too close to home on something

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Eh you seem town. Sorry for the accusing. You read legitimate imo

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Man, if town loses day two because we don't execute AA I'm going to shrug and say it was going to be a difficult game to win anyway.

If AA is around tomorrow, we can off him.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Because the way cult/infection type roles work.

An active death cult, which is what I'm guessing this is, pretty much guarantees the end of the game for all players. Especially if infection can in anyway change over the course of the game.

That would guarantee at least 3 every deadline, and with the likelihood of mislynching more than once, I decided this was the best course of action.

What I'm saying is when faced with those prospects, why not just choose the winning side?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Sandwolf posted:

What I'm saying is when faced with those prospects, why not just choose the winning side?

I've ran cult games and am a fan, but the post game feedback is always the same. (Its imba, it's not mafis, blah blah)

While a deathcult mitigates some of what makes a normal cult imbalanced, it also makes it more likely that scum assume control of the vote within a few days. So it has it's own set of problems.

I play mafia for fun, I feel like cults take away from that even if I love them and will probably use them again some point. So I did what I thought would give town a chance since the nod added balance was the choice.

I've never been in a game that has some player agency built into a conversion mechanic.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

*mod added balance

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I guess, in short, "why not"

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah I mean it’s cool I guess to want town to win but giving away a win... I’m trying to wrap my head around it. But what sort of D2 gambit would this be?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah I mean it’s cool I guess to want town to win but giving away a win... I’m trying to wrap my head around it. But what sort of D2 gambit would this be?

Ding ding ding.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

What bugs me about AA right now is this whole “oh well there’s a cult” attitude. It was made clear that alignment switches would happen right in the OP

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sandwolf posted:

you're being kind of a bulldog. i appreciate that, but you could also chill out. i think you called me out earlier, and yeah i have no clue what is happening right now. it's been like 24 hours since i last checked in, and frankly that's probably about the best i can do until my day off. life happens, and if you've played a game with rf ever i don't get how this is any different.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

No, but I am saying that two players who died had posted negatively about rock. I think rock may have killed one of them.

Might as well go for a smug called shot, I think it could be Rock killed AS, Yami killed Shark.

you must be Miranda Wright because this is BONKERS. throwing shade based off a night kill is unsubstantiatable in the best of circumstances but given all the crazy rear end bullshit that happened at end of day i dunno where you're coming from on this.

i'm not sure if that's scummy but i think it's a stretch at least.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

zzyzx posted:

Assuming you die, what do you think you'll flip?

zzyzx posted:

Any indication of what your win condition would be if you infected somebody?

these two points ping me because they were nowhere near the front of my mind. this seems very directed and almost transparently rolefishy. can you speak more on why you made these posts and what you hoped to accomplish zzyzx?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

it's bizarre to me that you seemingly entered the game just to make this point and then vanish. pot calling the kettle black here, but it doesn't seem like you're interested in scumhunting.

immediate scum reads here are nutsack and zzyzx. sandwolf and keane might merit further investigation but frankly my week is completely hosed and i'm not going to be the one to catch them if they're scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
oh, i missed two nutsack posts but i don't think they really change my read.

hey here's an idea, should we all claim? i don't think the normal drawbacks apply and, with apologies to the mod, sometimes these setups are easy for town to break with open information.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Retro Futurist posted:

What bugs me about AA right now is this whole “oh well there’s a cult” attitude. It was made clear that alignment switches would happen right in the OP

Ok.

quote:

Your alignment isn’t guaranteed to remain static.

That is the only mention of it in the OP. The rest of discussion regarding it came up on thread, and now that I'm infected as claimed, why wouldn't I share the result given the options presented to me. I feel like you're being obtuse about the claim, and misrepresenting what was actually included in the OP.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Harold Krell posted:

I just posted a few minutes ago? I've been completely upfront with my feeling and opinions on the matter and if people just want to ignore me that's fine too. But don't just make up things because you couldn't take the time to read a few sentences.

Don't worry. Retro Futurist just seems to latch on to targets randomly and just sticks to them for no apparent reason other than to annoy. Either the mark of a really novice Mafia player, or perhaps just a very antisocial person. :(

You're still one of the more lurking people around, and your posts don't really have content. Make some content, even if it's just your reads on people.

Also the more I think about it the less I'm a fan of RF's posts. There's very little content, most of them are just a waste of time, and then this post.

Retro Futurist posted:

Rock is town, unless the rest of the scum team are new/not posting in the scumdoc whatsoever. Also DB is probably town, all the cases on him are the same ones I’ve watched him get killed for as town in the last year or so

I really don't understand why RF is certain Rock is town. The most recent posts are accusatory with little backing too, and policy voting Krell is bizarre too.

Either way, I think AA is fine, and we should probably look elsewhere today, and here's why:

There's no real reason for him to share this info if he's lying in some way, in my opinion. If he posted this to be given a day of not being voted... he'd already have had it, almost certainly.

Right now, there's a lot bigger suspects at the moment, like Krell, Rock, or hell, even me apparently. If AA is somehow still alive tomorrow, we can lynch him then.

I personally think we should look at lynching one of RF, Krell, Rock, or Nut today.

Nut in particular has posted nothing of worth, and they post so rarely I can barely remember they're in the game at times. On the other hand, RF's post on d2 already pinged my scumdar pretty hard, and it just begun.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

My point about AA being, he gains nothing by bringing this up now if he was lying about it. I think he's telling the truth.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

these two points ping me because they were nowhere near the front of my mind. this seems very directed and almost transparently rolefishy. can you speak more on why you made these posts and what you hoped to accomplish zzyzx?

To a) figure out if AA is given any indication that his flip would be obscured via airlocking like Atomic's was, or if his role had been changed; and b) identify exactly what the third-party win condition would be. At the moment I'm mostly curious about whether Atomic was an origin or an initial target; and if an initial target (which is where I'm leaning), what role he started with.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Harold Krell (1): Retro Futurist

Not Voting (10): Anomalous Amalgam, CCKeane, Hal Incandenza, Harold Krell, I R SMART LIKE ROCK, Nutsack Rangoon, Sandwolf, Somberbrero, Yami Fenrir, zzyzx

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 19th, 2018 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 1 day, 21 hours.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

Sandwolf posted:

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE GAME WITH RECENT DEVELOPMENTS KRELL

Unsure. As of now, anyone could possibly be a suspect this early in the game. I still haven't been able to fully digest the goings-on of the game at the moment. (I've been doing charity work all day :3:) But I will gladly divulge my insights ASAP once I've perused the thread. Thanks.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Yami Fenrir posted:

You're still one of the more lurking people around, and your posts don't really have content. Make some content, even if it's just your reads on people.

Excuse me? Didn't I just get chastised for being one of the first people posting telling others to post more? People are busy. Deal with it. There has been A LOT of content generated in a short time, and this will require some discernible work to go through all the posts. To just make assumptions simply because you think you're the king of the world and demand it would be viscerally irresponsible on my part, so I have no idea why you think forcing me to explain myself right no would work in any way.

Also, if you HAD looked at my previous posts (you haven't), you would have known I had put forth a general assumption concerning role assignment, which is really the only piece of logic to go on until I can enrich my mind on the more recent events of the game.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

What i meant is that i felt there was a fairly large gap between your presence when you the thing between you and Rock happened, and afterwards. It was pointed out by someone else as well, iirc, which is the reason i did.

Still, you're awfully defensive about a comment on a list. I'm only doing this to put pressure on people, and see how they react. I'm hoping that other town can make use of the pressure for their scumreads. It's notably my weakest link, i think. Probably because my social deduction experience so far comes from videogames, not forum games like this.

I don't mean to be (too) rude with what i do, but calling people out seems to be a big part of the game going by the games ive read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I did read your posts, btw. All of them. I read everyone's seperately to get an overview for THE LIST.

• Locked thread