Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Charmander event confirmed for May 19. Cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Just got an update saying that the scanner will prioritize nearby Mons that aren't already in the dex. It's not a filter like I would have preferred, but it's a step in the right direction.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Julio Cruz posted:

This seems kinda pointless since even with this team you're not going to be able to solo a Tyranitar raid, which is the only thing Machamps are really good for.

I know someone with two accounts with 6 fully maxed perfect machamps specifically so he can solo Tyranitars. He's also currently burned out on the game and quit like every chat group. :lol:

GTJustin posted:

How many of your communities include spoofers in your discord/chats/messenger groups? Had some drama, which led to the big discord to ban spoofing, but now there's a discord for spoofers, 2 for non-spoofers, and another one for "grounders" who want spoofer help. There's maybe 200 players and it seems crazy to me how divided this gets.

My main chat group (300~ people) has had a no spoofer policy from day one and it owns.

Also pogo+/gotcha stays connected for 3 hours now and it's more useful than I thought it would be.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

The Zombie Guy posted:

Just got an update saying that the scanner will prioritize nearby Mons that aren't already in the dex. It's not a filter like I would have preferred, but it's a step in the right direction.

Oh, I thought I'd posted about this, it's been happening since the April fools event started. Boyfriend started to notice shadows on his scanners(lol get gud, filthy casual scum) and when we crossed checked with maps it appears to show shadows within a mile. Pretty rad imo!

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

My MaChamps was a goal. Once you hit 40, to keep interest, it helps to set goals. I wanted 6 maxed MaChamps because they are useful in the meta and most likely will continue to be. The group I'm with all have them. We enjoy duo Tars and Laxes and beating each other's time. I'm also more of a collector and it's a cool thing to have. Also working on a team of 6 perfect Golems. Which I have 6 of, just only maxed one of them so far.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The Zombie Guy posted:

does this also include pokemon for which you don't have the evolved forms of yet?

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

does this also include pokemon for which you don't have the evolved forms of yet?

No(Assuming you mean will this highlight charmander if you don't have a charizard). Only things you don't have in your Dex

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Psychobabble! posted:

No(Assuming you mean will this highlight charmander if you don't have a charizard). Only things you don't have in your Dex

Is the scanner/radar really that useful? In my experience, unless you notice & head out the moment something shows up on there or the spawn you need happens to be close by, they've despawned by the time you actually get there. I'm probably just unlucky, but I've had so many near misses I just don't bother anymore :sigh:

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Away all Goats posted:

Also pogo+/gotcha stays connected for 3 hours now and it's more useful than I thought it would be.

Aand now it's back to 1 hour. I really hope it's just an oversight and they'll fix it back to 3h, it was so good.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Aand now it's back to 1 hour. I really hope it's just an oversight and they'll fix it back to 3h, it was so good.

Noooo I jinxed it. I wish they would let us do more customized options for it. I bet they could have it prioritize stops and gyms over catching pokemon for example.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Just got my 10th ghost. Now the lovely part stars. Luckily I've got about 220 Magikarp candies because of this event

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

Psychobabble! posted:

Are we talking about the nearby? Because I think it does prioritize evolved pokemon. At least that's how we found a Charmeleon for my son.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Two weeks and zero dittos, I'm so glad they made this one of the requirements. I mean, I'm not looking forward to when I need to throw an excellent curve ball but that's entirely on me to do, there's literally nothing that can be done to catch a ditto if the game decides their aren't any.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

robziel posted:

Two weeks and zero dittos, I'm so glad they made this one of the requirements. I mean, I'm not looking forward to when I need to throw an excellent curve ball but that's entirely on me to do, there's literally nothing that can be done to catch a ditto if the game decides their aren't any.

The kanto event wasn't very good for it because it limited the available dittos. It should be a little easier now.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

robziel posted:

I wouldn't worry about the excellent curve ball stage. I thought it would be tricky for me too, but got it within the same afternoon while churning through the parallel "Use berries to catch 50 Pokemon" quest. Just try curve balls with everything at that point (particularly ones with big hit circles) and luck should take care of it.

It helps having a surplus of balls at that point, so you don't care about all the misses.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Is there a time limit on this mew stuff?

I’m on stage four. I’m worried about the gyrados and excellent curve ball too.

Unsane
Jul 16, 2003

There's no time limit, and nothing after it, so don't worry about getting it done right away.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I can’t imagine how much some of you suck that you’re worried about one throw which is almost entirely within your control rather than the other tasks which are largely up to chance/take a large time investment.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

robziel posted:

Other people can inform you of ones they find, that multiplies your chances for each person searching. People report them in the local whatsapp groups here.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If you're like me, you're more likely to attempt for great throws to be on the safe. It just means attempt throwing on a tinier circle. You'll probably miss a few times but get it by luck at one point. Feed it a nanab too (you may as well as the other part of that step is using 50 berries while catching Pokemon) so it's less likely to jump. I got mine on a bellsprout of all things.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
During the sheep event someone found a sentret that was a ditto at the park we were at and word spread like wildfire. watching hundreds of people rush to a tree at the far side of the park to catch it was surreal.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Wailmer is really easy to hit with an excellent curve if those appear where you live.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

One time I found a wild Ursaring. That guy is so huge and in-your-face that you have to deliberately try to not get an excellent throw.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Yeah my group is mentioning any Dittos as well, right now. I feel bad for the folks who couldn't finish the Ghost task now that Gastly isn't appearing so much anymore.

I have been stuck at Ditto for like two weeks. The event was amazing, but it was generally bad for ditto-hunting.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Does evolving ghost pokemon count as a catch or do you have to actually catch them with a ball? I'm still on the stage before that one so I haven't tried myself yet.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Nope, evolving doesn't count and neither does hatching.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Steve Jorbs posted:

Does evolving ghost pokemon count as a catch or do you have to actually catch them with a ball? I'm still on the stage before that one so I haven't tried myself yet.

I've tried with other quests that ask you to catch certain types. It needs to be an actual wild catch; evolving doesn't count.

e:f;b

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Raid catches count though

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Wailmer is really easy to hit with an excellent curve if those appear where you live.

I suggest Onix, you can find that in multiple field research as a reward. Hugeass circle.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

sebzilla posted:

Raid catches count though

and this is why the "+3 rare candy for a dragon catch" field research is okay with me, at least until Latios goes away

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Psion posted:

and this is why the "+3 rare candy for a dragon catch" field research is okay with me, at least until Latios goes away

Good news! Latias will be our next raid.

I'm pretty over Latios at this point and just do the raids for items and exp.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

seiferguy posted:

Good news! Latias will be our next raid.

I'm pretty over Latios at this point and just do the raids for items and exp.

yeah, same mostly. I caught one the first day and it's cool, I like how it looks, but in terms of raiding it's more a reliable source of rare candy and catch-a-dragon-type opportunities than anything else now.

rare candy that I don't know what to do with, but rare candy!

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
I want them to bring one of the Kanto birds back. I think we're right about where we need to be to take it out ourselves, and we can avoid all the random raid groups with weirdos for a while.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Beastyfella posted:

I want them to bring one of the Kanto birds back. I think we're right about where we need to be to take it out ourselves, and we can avoid all the random raid groups with weirdos for a while.

They already brought the kanto birds back to get solo already though?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Robokomodo posted:

I caught a 34CP Charizard this Sunday. I wanna put it in all the gyms.

Pfft, that's weaksauce. I caught a REAL Charizard on Community day:

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago

seiferguy posted:

They already brought the kanto birds back to get solo already though?

I mean like lugia, with the chance at a shiny. Also, we were nowhere near able to trio them at that point in time.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Beastyfella posted:

I mean like lugia, with the chance at a shiny. Also, we were nowhere near able to trio them at that point in time.

They brought back all the birds for a week or so after their initial run. And Lugia came back once already.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Bring back Raikou and I'll be burning all my passes on those.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Willsun posted:

Bring back Raikou and I'll be burning all my passes on those.

yeah, talk about a legendary that will stay active the entire month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

First shiny!
... a 14CP Aron that's "not great in battle".

Oh well, will be fun to show Ol' Red Eyes off in gyms...

• Locked thread