Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
1 B
2 B Crabmen

Ya gotta get some workers before you get dedicated fighters. Every RTS tells us that. And if some early bird hero discovers us we can still give em the claw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

1B
2B Crabpeople

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

1:B
2: B, crab people! Turtle people are too vulnerable to plumbers!

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Shogeton posted:

1:B
2: B, crab people! Turtle people are too vulnerable to plumbers!

Do we know if the local settlement has plumbing?

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

dont be mean to me posted:

Do we know if the local settlement has plumbing?

It's about to. Unless you want to use a different word for a pervasive water filled set of tunnels filled with nastiness. :cthulhu:

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

1A

2B

Crabs!

Let's get this first chest filled and moving, maybe even get ahead of the game and then deal with future problems when they happen.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
We better sell our home to a real estate agent after we are done. Price it 500 gold.

A. If we are capturing human, there’s no need to hide when no one can leave.

2B. Earth Elemental. Cast it stright on the rock wall and watch large chunks of it detach from the wall. Use human for soul or mana battery.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

1A2A

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I formally request that we apply for status as the local branch of the Wu Tang Clan.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

I’ve got Crabs, Man.

With the workshop finished, Sarga is able to think about her plans. She has been dying to create her own minions, but has lacked the means and opportunity. Now it’s time to get creative!

Sarga glides silently to the upper reaches of the coral,a good way from where her new dungeon is. She wants to make it hard for people to find their missing loved ones. She then floats in a trance, feeling the flow of water, and waiting for a disturbance.

There.
The sound of a small catamaran cutting through the water. The screams of the fish as they are speared or caught in the nets behind the boat. The laughter of men as they plunder the sea for their own benefit.
This is going to be a bad day for them.

They stop their boat, and begin to haul in the nets. Perfect. She only needs one for the first experiment, and it’s best for the other bodies to wash ashore - that way the puny humans in the closest village will think that this was a simple fishing accident. She releases ink into the water, hiding her approach as she moves beneath the boat. This is a risk, she is not a good fighter, but with surprise, she can do this.
She takes a deep….breath?

The water explodes in action as eights strong arms shoot out and wrap around the men on the boat - there are four of them, so it’s two tentacles each. Somehow she gets them all in the first strike! Before they even know there is a threat, she has them ensnared and with a powerful fick she pulls them and the boat into the water.
The boat sheers down the center under the power of the strike, and she then has four humans in her grasp with water flowing into their lungs. She looks at them quickly. one is old, and another now has a mangled arm and leg, but two are young and strong. She makes her decision quickly, and casts a small spell to keep the good ones alive while the other two drown. She then releases the bodies and makes her way back to her lair.

Sheplaces one into the cells, and, excitement coursing through her, straps the other to the changing table. She removes a crab from a basket and gets to work. The spell takes the best part of a day, and there is a little bit of screaming. Shaping unwilling flesh is harder than Sarga thought, but she powers through with sheer enthusiasm.

She steps back, cackles her best cackle (for appearances sake, of course.) and pulls a switch that channels a huge amount of Mana into the subject.the mist clears, from it steps her creation.

1 - “I shall call you….”

[i]

quote:

Mana = 21/40
Gold = 1,000
Time until next delivery needed - 5 days.

So you aced the combat roll, but only sneaked the 90 you needed to succeed the monster making roll. You spent a chunk of mana on your first minion, who will be able to min 1 crate of sapphires every four weeks.

2 - We will need more men, of course, do we.
A - Make more crabmen! (5 mana each.)
B -This is inferior. Make something else with our other subject.

3 - Time is a ticking. We will.
A - Have to resort to magic to make our deadline. it will take 10 mana and 3 days to get one crates worth of gems from our cave site.
B - Sodden the Dwarves! They can wait for their shipment!

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Apr 20, 2018

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykWPyaqbebo

2. A 2 more

3. A

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Indeed. More crabmen. Unless our enemies have Thermal Tasers they will be doomed!

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

A 2 more
A

That way we should be able to mine both shipments of gems before their respective deadlines, though it'll have to be crabman - mining - crabman

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

A 1 more We've got one more captive and thus wouldn't need to go out. Plus keeping a cushion of mana for emergencies is good practice.

A Gotta make schedule.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
2B 1 turtleman

3A Never never break a deal with a cave adapted dwarf. Expect Magma.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 20, 2018

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

You must create more crabs, so you will have the infrastructure to support bigger crabs.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

2 B / turtleman
3 A We probably don't want to pick a fight with people who throw around immolation curses and eat other people's time as standard operating procedure.

yet

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

2a
3a

Get a solid core of crabmen mining before we branch out too far.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

What if we give the crabman two more hand-claw? Would they mine faster?

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

AA

We can't afford to look incompetent on our first gig.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Blasphemaster posted:

AA

We can't afford to look incompetent on our first gig.

Ya!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

AA is the clear path. No need to get cold feet with a looming deadline, crab people army until detection is still the play. Any less than perfect candidates for mutation that aren't worth the mana could be good witnesses for a cult.

Crab people don't need names.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
1: Crablante
2: A (1 more)
3: A

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Can we determine how fast the hybrid-men are at mining sapphires?

Is it crabmen>turtlemen>sharkmen in terms of mining speeds?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

I shall call you…. Minion

“I shall call you…. Minion” Sarga shouts into the near empty room. This will be much more impressive once she has more crabmen.

First things first, she needs to get her first minion working. She swims to the cave entrance, and waits until her plodding minion catches up.

“Dig my minion. Dig me as many sapphires as you can!” she cries.  Minion scuttles into the cave and raises his two massive claws. The specially hardened tips slam into the rock, and the work begins.

Sarga watches for a few minutes before realising that one crabman is not going to get the job done.

Returning to her lab, the second human is screaming for help. Smiling, she gets to work on transforming him into her second minion. This goes much quicker as she has a pattern to follow. The next day she is delivering the second crabman to the cave. After she has put minion 2 to work, she turns and begins to exit the cave.

“Aaaaaheeeeeyyyyyaaaaa.” the scream takes Sarga completely by surprise. The local woman also looks surprised to see a half octopus woman coming out of a cave.

Sarga reacts quicker and envelops her and quickly drags her into the ocean. These villagers are being very cooperative. The test subjects come to you!

Back in her lab, Sarga quickly gets to work making a third minion. The next day she returns to the caves. Looking at the pile of gems her first two minions have been able to collect, she realises that there is no way that they are going to be able to meet the dwarves deadline for the first delivery.

“Go work on that tunnel, minions.” She declares.  “I shall aid you this time.” The crabpeople look at her blankly with their eyes, not really comprehending what she was saying.

Sarga concentrates, then begins to chant. Time to use magic to move things along a bit. As she casts the spell, a vortex of power begins to spin in front of her, eroding the rock quickly and easily. Gems are sorted by the streams of magical air and deposited into crates.

It's draining work, and is excausting her reserves, she sleeps like the dead yt night! The next day see rises and does it again, and again on a third day. But by the third day she had a nice crate full of gems!  The crabmen had also been hard at work, and had three quarters of another crate ready.

Delivery day a arrives. And a great chiming rings out throughout the lab. The appointed time has arrived. An astral projection of another albino dwarf appears in the centre of the room.

“Sarga Scrawgill. I am collector Deepdown. Do you have our first delivery ready?” straight to business then. No surprise there.

“Collector. ” She inclines her head slightly. “I have your first crate of  finest sapphires for you…” She is about to continue, but the dwarf cuts her off.

“Acceptable. We will accept transport now. Next delivery is in seven days. Do not disappoint us.” the projection disappears and. A couple of seconds later the crate follows it.

Stupid rude dwarves.

But the delivery is made. She has most of next week's crate ready, so she as a fairly easy week ahead of her.

What to do?

quote:

Mana = 15/40
Gold = 1,000
Time until next delivery needed - 7 days.

Crates on hand - 0.75

Minions - 3 Crabmen.

Mining rate - 0.75 crates a week.

So, what should our next move?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

:stare: Um, drat, maybe we don't need a sharkmans so desperately.

We should still probably get at least one turtlemans going so we don't have to do every little thing ourselves.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
We need at least one (1) Turtleman per four (4) Crabmen. Otherwise the Crabmen start to get unruly and squabble among each other.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Prince of Space posted:

We need at least one (1) Turtleman per four (4) Crabmen. Otherwise the Crabmen start to get unruly and squabble among each other.

Interesting, but perhaps we should get a few Squidmen too. It would be good to have Minions who can grab curious victims-to-be without killing them and understand more complicated instructions.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Give crabman an extra pair of arm claw to double the output.

And maybe double their attack stat too?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Uh, excuse me. Crabmen? It's 2018 people. We are using these poor defenseless humans to make crabpersons.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

We already named them Minion.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Nyaa posted:

We already named them Minion.

Nyaa posted:

Give crabman an extra pair of arm claw to double the output.

And maybe double their attack stat too?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

It shall be crabman until they get four claws. :colbert:

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Bunch of lazy savages is what they are. Tell them to mine faster or you'll chop off a claw. Worked for the Belgians.

Rockopolis fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 23, 2018

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Grey Hunter posted:

Stupid rude dwarves.

Begin work on an angler fish hybrid to invade the Deephome. Light to blind, jaws to bite.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

begin work on Fisty the mantis shrimpman

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Let's get our shark on so we're not constantly disrupted by intruders.

Followed by our mascot:

Hexenritter posted:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

We should recover some mana, explore the region a bit to learn more about humans and any other potential lab specimens. Make more crab people as able.

Is there a deff end date to the dwarf contract? They are rude but I don't think w want or need to plot against them
e: we can experiment in more than just humans. Let's rely on fish and coral for other monsters.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 23, 2018

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Hexenritter posted:

begin work on Fisty the mantis pistolshrimpman

Ftfy. Never not hybridize

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Hexenritter posted: